Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lmao what the gently caress is happening at 1 minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Chinatown posted:

ive been eating alot of broccoli and cauliflower lately so it just slides right outta me eazy peazy
how old you gotta be to know "alot" isn't one word? do you not have autocorrect?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

TenementFunster posted:

how old you gotta be to know "alot" isn't one word? do you not have autocorrect?

says the guy using "gotta" in his sentences

you loving noob

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

If you're not swallowing your own loads you're just wasting protein. I wish my girlfriend could understand that.

There's barely any protein in cum. What cum does contain though, is life-force... so you should definitely eat your cum after you cum, or else your life-force will be temporarily suppressed. That's why all athletes learn to ejaculate straight into their own mouths,

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Zzulu posted:

says the guy using "gotta" in his sentences

you loving noob
fight me

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We meet at the squat rack, at noon

then we'll decide who the boss of this gym is

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

I'm just gonna quote myself here cause that video needs to be on this page too.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Helios Grime posted:

I'm just gonna quote myself here cause that video needs to be on this page too.

Really poor form to do this. I'm embarrassed for you, really.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Went to a clinic I had been to for about a year. Lots of comments about my increased swoleness :smug:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I hope they gave you some anti-biotics and inflammatories

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Real question, why do so many of them pull from deadlifts? Too much weight?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
what should i work on the last 2 days before a 2 week vacation

think im just gonna do arms, shoulders and calves till i wanna die

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Booties posted:

cuz ya stretch yer arms out when ya deadlift and if ya got them biceps activated they are put under a lotta strain

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

what should i work on the last 2 days before a 2 week vacation

think im just gonna do arms, shoulders and calves till i wanna die

doesn't matter what you do cause after 2 weeks your body will be a withered pathetic skeleton, friend

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

LordArgh posted:

doesn't matter what you do cause after 2 weeks your body will be a withered pathetic skeleton, friend

im gonna be walking ALOT so yeah

that said i will be in Europe so I will be consuming large quantities of salami and cheeses

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
in all honesty, because of muscle memory (which is a real thing), you will be able to get back to where you were in no time at all. enjoy your vacation in europe and try not to be too american

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I'm in Europe also

If you come by we can lift weights and touch eachothers muscles and bodies and we could give eachother some oil massages.. you know to make the muscles pop more haha

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dear Lord i don't ever want to tear my biceps or any muscle in my body but if I must, let it be with the 500lbs weight not the 5lbs hand weight while being recorded for posterity

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Booties posted:

You won't get a bicep tear with double overhand or hook grip. Only mixed grip on the arm where your grip is the opposite way.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i missed about three months of seriously lifting because of elbow surgery. got one done, rested a month, got the other done, and here i am.

you'd be amazed how useless you are without elbows. couldn't squat, couldn't do anything.

getting back in to it with 3x10 on the squats. holy poo poo im loving useless. 315 is hard :smith:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

i missed about three months of seriously lifting because of elbow surgery. got one done, rested a month, got the other done, and here i am.

you'd be amazed how useless you are without elbows. couldn't squat, couldn't do anything.

getting back in to it with 3x10 on the squats. holy poo poo im loving useless. 315 is hard :smith:
You can use leg machines and wreck your knees just fine without elbows. You can also do those squats where it ties around your waist if your gym has that. Mine doesn't.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Dum Cumpster posted:

I hope they gave you some anti-biotics and inflammatories

I was working there, not a patient. They hide the keys for the testosterone cabinet, too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a mysterious cloak posted:

Went to a clinic I had been to for about a year. Lots of comments about my increased swoleness :smug:

bang a cna

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I think I've sprained my ankle running.

Oh well, upper body everyday for a week or so :getin:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Running

The gayest sport

naem
May 29, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Running

The gayest sport

It's fun when you get beefy and jog (slowly) through the herd of joggers in the park like a majestic hippo among gazelles

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

The only thing worse than bodybuilder gym bros is marathon runners. You have to have a truly broken brain to willingly train for and run marathons as a hobby.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Running

The gayest sport

And I'm very bad at it. :(

naem posted:

It's fun when you get beefy and jog (slowly) through the herd of joggers in the park like a majestic hippo among gazelles

The only thing worse than bodybuilder gym bros is marathon runners. You have to have a truly broken brain to willingly train for and run marathons as a hobby.

Agreed. Just running for 45 mins is like 'wtf why am I doing this?'
I'm a slightly buffer gazelle :shobon:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Marathon runners aren't so bad when you consider the existence of ultrarunners. Yeah, the human body is capable of some rather astonishing feats of long-distance endurance running but that doesn't mean the people who voluntarily train for and participate in such events are entirely plumb and level, so to speak.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
First 5/3/1 workout. My amrap set wound up being 130 lbs on bench, which was 85% of the 150 TM. I got 14 reps, figured I'd get more but I haven't worked out really in like 2-3 weeks. A one rep max calculator only went up to 12 reps and claimed that equaled a 200 lb max but that has gotta be bullshit. Last time I tried I only got 185 and I seriously doubt I'm stronger than that right now, especially considering my little break. Oh well, kicked my rear end and felt good. I really like the numbery and percentage stuff, it makes working out feel like an rpg

e: tried another one rep max calc and it says 190. Also put my previous rep pr of 165x6 in there and that also said 190, so that sounds a little bit more accurate to me. Still probably wasn't quite that high today though.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 22, 2017

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
I've never seen a 1RM calculator formula that produced anything close to a realistic number for me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
14 reps is cardio so you can't work out an accurate 1rm from that.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

i met a girl and we had awful sex

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fartbox posted:

i met a girl and we had awful sex

Wrong thread.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

its relevant because she was buff as hell

could easily smash a melon between her thighs

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

i was super excited because ive always wanted to hook up with a fellow gymbro girl... but the sex was shiiiiiit

gently caress

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

14 reps is cardio so you can't work out an accurate 1rm from that.

The weight is 70% of my known 1 rep max so I doubt it's just cardio, but I know what you mean. I was mostly just curious how well it lined up with my recent PR's. Was thinking I would have lost a deal of strength over the past weeks from being a shitbag and not working out. I'm normally not good at doing reps, so it could be possible my 1 rep max is actually higher than 185. It's been probably a couple months since I actually tested it

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fartbox posted:

i was super excited because ive always wanted to hook up with a fellow gymbro girl... but the sex was shiiiiiit

gently caress

How big was her "salami" (to use the parlance of the thread)?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

man i wish she had a salami

that woulda been interesting 😎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
IMHO, it's hard to predict a 1RM using a weight you can lift more than 5x. Even though everyone really gets off on the bragging rights on extra reps they can do in 5/3/1, I would just bump your training max next week instead of getting 12 reps on what is meant to be 3+.