Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Shugojin posted:

Between plain circle and plain rectangle you probably have nearly 100% of cakes

You're forgetting the 10% that spring from the fudgie the whale mold for different events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

:laffo: does Tinsley think this is some kind of gotcha that's going to turn people to his side?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

MageMage posted:

What does a "Quran-shape" look like? A book?? Like a rectangle???? Like 99.9% of baked cakes?????

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

using quotation marks for emphasis. the circle of poo poo is complete

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
what is Ramirez's deal with drawing absolutely everyone with a lumpy, flat bottom to their head

Sessions' head is perfectly tiny and round like an elf

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

thanks alot assbag posted:

what is Ramirez's deal with drawing absolutely everyone with a lumpy, flat bottom to their head

Sessions' head is perfectly tiny and round like an elf
He is bad at drawing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i wonder if tinsley would be supportive of a muslim baker being unwilling to bake a cake in the shape of the cross?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Why would anyone do that it's less cake

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Boo! Bad press! Bad journalists! No fawr!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

More frosting.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

The time has come to demand that a peace treaty with an Arab country be more than just an agreement with the political rulers of that country. It's time that we demand that "Peace" with a neighbor includes an end to government approved antisemitism of that country's population.
Labels: antisemitism, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Peace, Peace Agreement

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Unless you baked six cakes and arranged them in a cross shape.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I want to see a collection of every fuckin cartoon with Trump and the twitter birds in it and I want to see if a single one of them make any sort of point other than 'Trump tweets a lot and he shouldn't'

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

It keeps happening!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Why do these right-wing hacks persist in doing these Russia cartoons that Trump himself will immediately disprove? If Asay were still around, he'd be smart and ignore the issue entirely.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Shangri-Law School posted:

Why do these right-wing hacks persist in doing these Russia cartoons that Trump himself will immediately disprove? If Asay were still around, he'd be smart and ignore the issue entirely.

It helps the narrative of why Trump hasn't actually gotten anything done yet - obviously, he's completely weighed down by this false investigation that distracts him from doing the real work that he wouldn't or couldn't do anyways but no Republican will admit weakness

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mr. Squishy posted:

This is a terrible metaphor. It took me a bit to figure out what aspect of Dr Strangelove it was referring to before I clocked it's just using it as a symbol for the cold war. And maybe saying that Hillary's sick, which maybe shouldn't be used as a stick to beat her with.

I think people are forgetting that Dr Strangelove was a Nazi.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Now there's a timely reference.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

This'll look just terrific in B&W.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Love when conservative shills stand up for plucky lil Saudi Arabia

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
While vigorously researching the 2007 Donald Faison classic Homie Spumoni, I stumbled on this little folly:

I decline to provide any further context.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
You can tell that it physically pained Branco to draw this. I thought a good guy with a gun stopped bad guys with guns, not bulletproof vests worn Jared Kushner-style.

"Might as well not have any elections ever then."- Ted Rall

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Now there's a timely reference.

Hey, he went from a 62 year old movie in his last cartoon to a 17 year old SNL skit in the latest one. Progress!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Internet Webguy posted:

You can tell that it physically pained Branco to draw this. I thought a good guy with a gun stopped bad guys with guns, not bulletproof vests worn Jared Kushner-style.
Watch out, donkey, he's got a suicide vest! :ohdear:

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
https://www.wired.com/story/ben-garrison-alt-right-cartoonist/

Wired did a profile on everyone's favorite victim of racists turned racist political cartoonist, Zyklon Ben, and to no one's surprise it turns out he's personally a huge shithead as well

Some choice quotes

quote:

Through Patreon, he's even become a modest financial success, though he's quick to point out that the platform doesn't reward his worldview as much as others'. "Pro-tranny cartoons get 15 to 20 grand a month, but conservatives, we don’t get that kind of break."

quote:

Garrison credits his success not just to his novel trolling defense—don't just ignore, drown out until search algorithms silence them for you—but also to the trolls themselves. "I tried to understand their frustrations," he says. "Let's face it. They really do live in their parents basements. They go to college and get into debt. And they can’t get a girlfriend because the feminist movement has gotten to such proportions that it's impossible for a man to have a relationship." 

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
God, Wired is such a trash magazine

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hmmm..."politicians...are scrutinized...closely..." hmmmm *writes down such astounding insight for future posterity.*

Internet Webguy posted:

Well I'VE never heard of a Democrat being shot so this checks out

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson: the Brexit negotiations begin – Negotiations over the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union begin in Brussels on Monday at 10am UK time"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Does anyone have a greater contempt for the human form than a British political cartoonist?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Does anyone have a greater contempt for the human form than a British political cartoonist?

Rall and Ramirez?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

the donkey will be easily able to find evidence of Russian collusion on their own, with or without Jeff sessions help. AGC

Also Ramirez failed to label the guitar, which blows my mind.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Arthur Crackpot posted:

In fairness, it suits the British public's generally attitude to our political class, Corbyn excluded. It's contempt and crushing cynicism all the way down.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Garrison posted:

And they can’t get a girlfriend because the feminist movement has gotten to such proportions that it's impossible for a man to have a relationship.

Ben Garrison tipped his hat to some women passing him on the sidewalk, and they ignored him.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Branco.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Internet Webguy posted:

"Might as well not have any elections ever then."- Ted Rall

Wow, that's your most "I am employed by Sputnik News" cartoon in a while, Todd! Good job!

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

MelvinBison posted:

Rall and Ramirez?

That's because they're bad artists, though. With British polititoons, the artists know what they're doing, and their caricatures seethe with almost palpable levels of hatred.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Most british cartoonists are technically skilled, they just choose to draw in an extremely stylized way that leans heavily towards the grotesque.
Branco, on the other hand, is just really loving bad at drawing.
I'd say someone like Ramirez would be closer to the brits, but frankly his 'style' is looking more and more like the way artists tend to devolve when they have a stroke or get older. Kinda similar to how Frank Miller's style degenerated over the years.

e::argh:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
How does Rall draw guns so badly. The lower guy ain't even holding onto his pistol. The other guy has a magazine jammed into the barrel and it looked like he went "Oh poo poo" and extended the barrel even further. But then the other gun on the lower guy has the magazine in a more decent spot even though they're the same gun. The bullets look like shark teeth. Rall how are you so bad.

Edit: As for Ramirez I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that he just traces everything but his horribly drawn caricatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Ularg posted:

How does Rall draw guns so badly. The lower guy ain't even holding onto his pistol. The other guy has a magazine jammed into the barrel and it looked like he went "Oh poo poo" and extended the barrel even further. But then the other gun on the lower guy has the magazine in a more decent spot even though they're the same gun. The bullets look like shark teeth. Rall how are you so bad.

Edit: As for Ramirez I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that he just traces everything but his horribly drawn caricatures.

There are a lot of people who get into drawing, fail to do any effort to improve their skills on a technical level, and keep coming up with excuses for it (any art-related community is well versed with the "but it's just my STYLE" defense). Occasionally someone particularly insufferable like Rall will take it one step further and convince himself he's being rebellious by refusing to adhere to elitist standards of how things SHOULD be drawn. I bet he reacts to criticism on his drawing skills in a very similar way to how edgelord comedians react when their jokes are deemed offensive or bigoted. "Oh, TRIGGERED you much with my wonky gun??? how about I make it WONKIER next time??? it's totally a choice, I'm choosing to draw it poorly to spite you, I definitely could draw it well if I wanted to, I just don't want to right now"

• Locked thread