Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/USC_Athletics/status/876619111979024385

Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

had to leave his feet. 7/10, would not score.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sam Darnold is a name a social outcast teen gives his or her imaginary girl-or-boyfriend going that goes to another school

He's also good at football

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Sash! posted:

I caught a 40 inch bonnethead shark the other day, so I'm going to ride that for the rest of my life. He'll be a 15 foot tiger shark by the time I die, obviously.

Also, I wish I still had my 00 reg date account.

Did you...did you gently caress that shark rear end, my dude?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Georgia Tech is dropping Russell Athletic as its uni supplier? What the gently caress guys, that relationship was one of my favorite college football things.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Better catch than a throw

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

General Dog posted:

Georgia Tech is dropping Russell Athletic as its uni supplier? What the gently caress guys, that relationship was one of my favorite college football things.

Yeah it was known for a while that there wouldn't be an extension with Russell, but I think this is the first time anyone within the athletic department actually has said they are meeting with reps from Nike, Adidas, or UA. I have a feeling that it might be UA because the are really pushing hard to eat Nike's lunch.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah it was known for a while that there wouldn't be an extension with Russell, but I think this is the first time anyone within the athletic department actually has said they are meeting with reps from Nike, Adidas, or UA. I have a feeling that it might be UA because the are really pushing hard to eat Nike's lunch.

Why any athletic department would go with Adidas after seeing war crimes like Louisville's and A&M's unis is a mystery to me.

Does anyone other than GT still have a deal with Russell?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cnidario posted:

Why any athletic department would go with Adidas after seeing war crimes like Louisville's and A&M's unis is a mystery to me.

Not in FBS

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I think recruits like Nike the best but anything's better than Russell.

GT's SBNation site wrote a pretty good article last year on Tech's poor branding and how switching from Russell would be a huge boon.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 19, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Worth noting that

- That only tied the game; the Dawgs needed a PAT to take the lead and the kicking game was garbage that night; and
- Mizzou was on their way to getting in FG range for a game-winner but their dude straight up dropped the ball on a nice gain

His performance art could've ended much, much more tragically. He'll learn. You only celebrate UGA wins half a year later when the game is finally over, no one got hurt, no one got drunk and drove in the celebration that night, and no one got pinched for weed in the offseason.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 19, 2017

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Basically no one should celebrate anything in college football ever.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

an adult beverage posted:

Did you...did you gently caress that shark rear end, my dude?

I put him back in the ocean, as part of my deal with the sharks: I won't kill them if they don't kill me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'd love to see that guys reaction to the UGA score at the end of the UGA UT game and then the follow up reaction to the immediate UT score to win the game.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cnidario posted:

I have to agree on the horrible Adidas unis, but apparently they are the cool shoe company with the kids right now.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'd love to see that guys reaction to the UGA score at the end of the UGA UT game and then the follow up reaction to the immediate UT score to win the game.

I think the thing that sucked the most about that is that Eason dropped a loving dime for what should have been a game winning touchdown. It was a serious big-boy pass and he just chucked it like it was backyard ball. Losing sucks, but losing after that sucked worse.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I was in a room full of georgia fans that were losing their poo poo when it happened.

I almost felt bad losing my poo poo when Dobbs/Jennings scored.

Almost.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/SECCountryUK/status/876879756473626624

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spoilers!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Would

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/status/876998792368668672

Kiffin you dick

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 20, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That last part is pretty indicative of how hard it can be to work any place where one side of the ball can't carry its weight. Try being OC at a place where the D is virtually guaranteed to be more talented and better coached and you have a coach who won't accept that fact as an excuse.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
haha I like that Kiffin had just made a remark disparaging a player when that happened

Even when Saban psychotically abuses his assistants on live tv he's 100% right to do so

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo.

Saban rules.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

He is a terrible and just deity.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

quote:

Savage writes that Kiffin said into his headset “dumb players make dumb plays,” which all the Crimson Tide coaches heard. Saban snapped back with “no, dumb offensive coordinators call dumb plays.” There were probably a few expletives left out.

loving lol Saban rules

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do you think internally that Kiffin believes he's a better coach than Saban, he just hasn't had the right opportunity?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

Do you think internally that Kiffin believes he's a better coach than Saban, he just hasn't had the right opportunity?

Yeah, he strikes me as a Dunning-Kruger type guy.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I would have to think all coaches believe they are the best or how else would you survive the grind of getting to a point where you get a head coaching job, and then doing it?

Some might admit Saban is better than them but not publicly

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I randomly remembered today that, about two years ago, the University of North Dakota decided to change its mascot from the "Fighting Sioux". Before doing so, they had an online form for suggesting mascot names. Then, in a surprising move, they published what appears to be every suggestion they received. I got to wondering whether UND was still hosting those PDFs, and yes, they are.

Names Being Considered

Names Not Being Considered (this is the real good one)

code:
Name                      Description

Fighting Sioux            Only hippie liberal faggots are offended by this name, 
                          and has been a part of this region's culture since forever. 
                          Plus Fighting Irish is ok

interracial cuckold fags  similar to the first suggestion yet features a more 
                          'out of the box' and playful thought process surrounding 
                          it

It's worth noting that pages 33 through 159 of the non-consideration list contain only "Fighting Sioux", the old mascot name, over and over again.

There's also a solid chunk of "ermine" suggestions, which I like to think were all written by the same person:

code:
Name          Description

ermine        Awesome animal that's native to North Dakota

ermine        Based on my research, no other pro, college, or hs has this name.

ermine        Because I want to see signs in the stands that say tERMINEator.

ermine        Ermines are arctic stoats. Northern animals, fierce and territorial, 
              yet also adorable, soft, and furry

ermine        It is native to North Dakota, it's a fearsome predator; it's cute, 
              furry and cuddly (exellent markerting), and UND Ermine reads 
              "undermine."

ermine        It looks adorable while it's killing Gophers, Badgers, and Wolverines.
it goes on like this

Edit: I tried hard to make the formatting on this look good, let me know if it breaks tables

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 20, 2017

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
News: https://twitter.com/WVUFBRecruiting/status/877176337470980096

Views: :getin:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
N: Game 1 against Bud Foster with 8 months of prep.

V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zNdw4DaUM8

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

N: Game 1 against Bud Foster with 8 months of prep.

V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zNdw4DaUM8

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee hired Philip Fulmer yesterday as an advisor to the President. It's good to see him back with the university after years of some bad blood in regards to his firing in 2008. Looks like he's gonna be doing similar to what Spurrier does now down in Florida.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-vols-football-phillip-fulmer

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/877345220580577280

This comes a week or so after Keyshawn Jr. was busted with a few grams of weed in his dorm room; his RA smelled it. For context, he was living in Selleck Hall, a small, old central campus dorm that stays open during the summer for exchange students and football kids like him. He'd have had better luck getting away with it in the middle of class, probably.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee hired Philip Fulmer yesterday as an advisor to the President. It's good to see him back with the university after years of some bad blood in regards to his firing in 2008. Looks like he's gonna be doing similar to what Spurrier does now down in Florida.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-vols-football-phillip-fulmer

Playing golf? It's a good gig, RC Slocum hung around A&M forever in that role after being canned.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Is will grier a running quarterback threat; y/n

If yes: poo poo
If no: hope you got a hell of an O-line

e: god the fedex game is going to be a shitshow, and I refuse to give dan snyder money to see us lose in heartbreaking fashion again I may see it from the field with a press pass instead, so I get to cost him money at least

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
All the Will Grier hype coming out of WVU seems like a little much. He was good by recent Florida QB standards but he had like three good games. I feel like every time a QB transfers his reputation increases like 20 fold. Like when people decided that Kenny Hill was always going to be September Heisman Kenny when he transferred to TCU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

All the Will Grier hype coming out of WVU seems like a little much. He was good by recent Florida QB standards but he had like three good games. I feel like every time a QB transfers his reputation increases like 20 fold. Like when people decided that Kenny Hill was always going to be September Heisman Kenny when he transferred to TCU.

Typically Florida QB's that leave our lovely offense have Heisman-eque seasons wherever they go next so there's some good hype.

• Locked thread