Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I just watched that episode because of this thread and it convinced me to never watch another episode of that show. And the final scene where they recreate Chang's introduction in Community made me sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Spacebump posted:

A cast photo from the alternate timeline where Community is entering season 8.
https://twitter.com/DrKenABC/status/847969601782722562

I initially read it as "metastatic" instead of "metatastic". :ohdear:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

So I just watched Dr Ken.

It was not funny, but it was worth it to see Vicky, Leonard, and Garrett again.

Edit, EFB
Even this shot feels unfunny

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Vegetable posted:

Even this shot feels unfunny

Impossible. It says 'FUNNY' right there you IDIOT

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
is ABC Funny a sister channel to ABC Family?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I'm pretty excited for HarmonQuest season 2. I'm glad Erin is coming back. I actually found Dan Harmon to be the least enjoyable part of that show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hanales posted:

I'm pretty excited for HarmonQuest season 2. I'm glad Erin is coming back. I actually found Dan Harmon to be the least enjoyable part of that show.

I hope this isn't the wrong thing to say, but he's more fun when he's drinking. I bet he feels pressure to put on a better show, as opposed to "just doing a podcast".

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/06/kfc-is-sending-zinger-chicken-sandwich-into-space.html

So the Kentucky Fried Chicken in Space episode is evidently real life now.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Arist posted:

I remember convincing myself the finale was okay when looking back holy loving poo poo it's so bad

Eh, it was an acceptable ending. Season 5 still felt like there was a lot of studio interference to deliver certain checkboxes. It had its moments, but the characters being in stasis started to wear on the premise. Season 6 had more good moments and showed a bit of what Harmon could do without studio interference, but it was readily apparent that he had really switched over to Rick & Morty at the time.

I do hope that Harmon gets to do a studio show some other time. I'd love to see him as the show runner for a Marvel sitcom like the aborted Damage Control pilot.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010

prefect posted:

I hope this isn't the wrong thing to say, but he's more fun when he's drinking. I bet he feels pressure to put on a better show, as opposed to "just doing a podcast".

Yikes, Dan stopped drinking? Hard to believe. I used to really love Harmontown but his relentless identity politics started to annoy me too much and I stopped listening 5 or 6 months ago. I should check back in and see how he's doing.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

kickascii posted:

Yikes, Dan stopped drinking? Hard to believe. I used to really love Harmontown but his relentless identity politics started to annoy me too much and I stopped listening 5 or 6 months ago. I should check back in and see how he's doing.

He's still drinking, I think they were just commenting on the fact that he isn't drinking during Harmonquest the Seeso show.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

kayakyakr posted:

Eh, it was an acceptable ending. Season 5 still felt like there was a lot of studio interference to deliver certain checkboxes. It had its moments, but the characters being in stasis started to wear on the premise. Season 6 had more good moments and showed a bit of what Harmon could do without studio interference, but it was readily apparent that he had really switched over to Rick & Morty at the time.

I do hope that Harmon gets to do a studio show some other time. I'd love to see him as the show runner for a Marvel sitcom like the aborted Damage Control pilot.

I remember being surprised that he still ended season 6 with the #AndAMovie stinger considering how obviously he was sick of it all by then.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kickascii posted:

He's just trying to be more sober during the D&D sessions; I'm pretty sure he's still in the Ketel One Alliance. :patriot:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

I remember being surprised that he still ended season 6 with the #AndAMovie stinger considering how obviously he was sick of it all by then.
Season 6 doesn't seem like a show made by someone who hates it. It's just a show that knows it's over.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

He's said that he wants to do the movie in a few years, when he has an idea that will justify it and when the cast is up for it. So with that in mind, I can see him wanting to keep that door open.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It should be about Troy's funeral.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I suspect the movie will involve Abed getting greenlit for a TV series inspired by his experiences at community college. (Community was inspired by Harmon's own community college study group)

Maximum vanishing up its own arse.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Twin Peaks spinoff starring Annie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
A bunch of props are up for auction.

https://propstore.com/community-auction-preview-gallery/?_ga=2.20330808.1096281412.1498025714-2050800766.1498025714

Current bid for an anus flag is $140

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

He's said that he wants to do the movie in a few years, when he has an idea that will justify it and when the cast is up for it. So with that in mind, I can see him wanting to keep that door open.
As a subscriber to Harmontown, it's been nice to see his blunt honesty regarding the film, which is basically this. When he comes up with a solid idea for it, it will happen.

It's actually really comforting knowing that pretty much everyone- including the people who can actually make it happen, and well- wants a movie, but no one wants to do it shittyly. We'll probably see something in three-six years.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Well the rear end Crack Bandit Binder is up to $300

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Argh, $2200 for the circular Greendale sign. :sigh:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
can't believe nobody's bidding on bogner's gym shorts

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What funeral costume is that of Annie's? I don't remember it.

But I got to visit the set once, and the detail on these props is impressive, so they should be pretty cool gets.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All the funeral costumes are from Pierce's weird cult funeral

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Ooh I can bid on the dean's map with the thumbs ups on them.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Those aren't thumbs.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Cool, I always wanted to recreate that Greendale Zoning and Planning Map that is behind the desk of the dean. And that auction has some nice pics of it that will make it easy.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I wanted to bid on Annie's Boobs but somehow Dave Franco beat me to it!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I wanted to bid on Annie's Boobs but somehow Dave Franco beat me to it!

It's OK, you don't want to own a monkey anyway. They're a pain in the rear end.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alison Brie's the lead on a new show on Netflix, "Glow." I watched a few episode, and it's pretty drat good. Between that and Donald Glover's "Atlanta," the Community cast is doing pretty well for itself as long as you pretend "Dr. Ken" and "CBS Hates Millennials" never existed.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Alison Brie's the lead on a new show on Netflix, "Glow." I watched a few episode, and it's pretty drat good. Between that and Donald Glover's "Atlanta," the Community cast is doing pretty well for itself as long as you pretend "Dr. Ken" and "CBS Hates Millennials" never existed.

Powerless.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PostNouveau posted:

Donglover is doing well since he's gonna be young Lando.

Allison Brie as well. In addition to GLOW, she's been working with the Franco's and is part of a Tom Hanks project this winter.

Dani Pudi not as much. His follow up to a Marvel cameo was the awful DC Powerless comedy. OTOH, he did get to do this:

Gillian Jacobs had the pretty good LOVE on netflix. It's been picked up for a 3rd season. She's also slowly moving up in movie billings.

McHale is moving on the bit part thing, but is otherwise doing pretty poorly. Ironically (?) he's been cast as Chevy Chase in a Douglas Kenney (National Lampoon) biopic.

Ken Jeong's gonna be fine.

Yvette Nicole Brown's Odd Couple was not renewed for a 4th season. She's mostly been doing voice acting.

Jim Rash keeps himself busy.

Chevy Chase is in his "here's an old white actor that used to be really popular" phase.

Luke Youngblood (Pop Pop!) had a great turn on the underappreciated Galavant, but hasn't had much luck.

The rest aren't really done much.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, I forgot about "Love." I binge through that show really fast each new season and then promptly forget it exists.

shadok posted:

Powerless.

Never heard of it until now, looks like it was pretty awful.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

The rest aren't really done much.

(I know, she was just in two or three episodes, but it counts :v:).

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PostNouveau posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about "Love." I binge through that show really fast each new season and then promptly forget it exists.

Poor Man's Master of None. It's not phenomenal, but it's good.

PostNouveau posted:

Never heard of it until now, looks like it was pretty awful.

The pilot got everyone excited at one of the Cons because it had all sorts of things going for it: humor, heart, all that stuff.

The studio got hold of it and between the pilot and the premiere and it changed completely.

This article explains all that:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-10-biggest-changes-powerless-made-from-its-original-1791963975

Gervasius posted:

(I know, she was just in two or three episodes, but it counts :v:).

Yeah, I mean these people also appeared in Community: Jonathan Banks (Better Call Saul), John Goodman (everything), John Oliver (Last Week Tonight), Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley, The Big Sick), Vince Gilligan (Better Call Saul), Tony Hale (Veep, Arrested Development Season 5), Jack Black (Jumanji), but I only Jonathan Banks can you actually consider primary cast...

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I hope things work out for that Keith David fellow.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

In It For The Tank posted:

I hope things work out for that Keith David fellow.
He made it to Vice President, he'll be alright.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

kayakyakr posted:

Jim Rash keeps himself busy.

Oscar Winning* Jim Rash.

The Way, Way Back was also pretty good. I'm looking forward to whatever he and Nat Faxon do next, assuming they're still working together.

I guess both those projects happened during Community, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm amazed at how good a Joel McHale impression Jim Rash has.

• Locked thread