Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

I literally don't remember who any of the garleans are or what they did after the backseat they took in pretty much all of heavensward so I hope stormblood reminds me

Thundarr posted:

He was very big on will to power and loved chewing the gently caress out of the scenery any time he got the chance to talk about it, but other than that he was probably the sanest Garlean leader we have encountered. Total control, but of actual living and productive subjects rather than a charred hole in the ground or riled-up angry people.

Yeah rip Regula, too reasonable to still be in this game. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

yeah, they need a change to learn the fight before they know when it's safe to enter Cleric...Stance...

hmm.

Ah, big fucktard spotted.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

strong bird posted:

Ah, big fucktard spotted.

dumpster-tier white mage spotted

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's always the fuckin' white mages man

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hmm can't figure out why the game is shifting away from expecting healers to do big damage

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Reiterpallasch posted:

They pair nicely with the paladin honest tanks.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Reiterpallasch posted:

;_;

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
like you aren't gonna be playing ast in a month, my friend

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Reiterpallasch posted:

like you aren't gonna be playing ast in a month, my friend

that's going to be you

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The developers don't want us to DPS so I don't see why we should. Additionally, I do not play the white mage.

You remain,
Big fucktard

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm honestly disappointed in anyone itt who isn't planning to level at least one class that shoots dragonlasers at things

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
For tanking right side gear stat choice, should I look for the +VIT or +STR variety? I do not plan on doing any content over normal from 60 onward. PLD and DRK if class matters.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Cool as a cucumber over here btw

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Givin posted:

For tanking right side gear stat choice, should I look for the +VIT or +STR variety? I do not plan on doing any content over normal from 60 onward. PLD and DRK if class matters.

Post 60 you only have the choice to take Vit gear.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i-impossible

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
they didn't lock str right side pieces to dps, did they?

e: because if so, lol @ fister

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Reiterpallasch posted:

They did for the new ones but you can still wear the ARR and HW dps rightside

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
I went into an instance with a tank who refused to pull multiple packs at once.

So we vote kicked him.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So Fister was wearing HW str jewelry? :confused:

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm honestly disappointed in anyone itt who isn't planning to level at least one class that shoots dragonlasers at things

How does the Dragoon rotation work out now anyway with the changes to timers and removal of Phlebotomize? In HW it was a kind of elegant HT->CT combo->Phleb->TT combo->repeat, did that change?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Farg posted:

i mean, it says something that people in this thread are willing to side with pubbies over you

Yeah, it tells me that people in this thread are just pubbies that gave $10 to lowtax.

We wiped a single time, and the healer didn't say a single word until he complained that I was undergeared - I was wearing full 270 with a few 273s from quests up to this point. I couldn't possibly have better gear unless I dumped millions of gil on overpriced crafted gear for marginal benefit. I was even about to put on some vit jewelry when the healer decided to be an rear end in a top hat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Are there any non-MSQ dungeons or trials? If so are they obvious to unlock like the aether current quests are so far, at least?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that was his whole argument yesterday, that the elusive str tank BIS was going to be 270 accessories for like all of sb, and then I said 'wow, that's so dumb, the idea someone would be so desperate for 400 more damage that they would literally die', and today, he posted about literally doing that

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Goon elitism extending towards other goons

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
U+1F914 THINKING FACE EMOJI

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

So Fister was wearing HW str jewelry? :confused:

How does the Dragoon rotation work out now anyway with the changes to timers and removal of Phlebotomize? In HW it was a kind of elegant HT->CT combo->Phleb->TT combo->repeat, did that change?

I'm only 69 so I don't have Life of the Dragon yet, but the GCD rotation is:

HT->ID->Di->CT->WT->F&C->TT->VT->FT->F&C->WT->repeat. Basically you replace Phlebotomize with getting a fifth hit on each combo. There's a possibility that the crazy dps math people will math out that you don't always want the fifth hit if you don't need it for BotD timer but this is what SE "wants" you to do

Other things: BotD will never ever fall off without big boss invincibility times. Mirage Dive has a similar animation time to the jumps (so you can't doubleweave it), but doesn't lock you in place so you can still dodge during it.

So far, it feels like a dumbed-down version of the HW rotation, as opposed to a reversion to the ARR rotation. I don't think LotD will change that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Reiterpallasch posted:

That's why he's been endlessly bitching for the last 72 hours. "Now I have to keep a normal set of right side AND a 270 set of right side so I can have my STR accessories! :argh:"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any non-MSQ dungeons or trials? If so are they obvious to unlock like the aether current quests are so far, at least?

I found one in the Ruby Sea that has an Aether Current locked behind it, the MSQ hasn't sent me there yet.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

The level 63 dungeon isn't MSQ but it's unlocked by a quest that also gives an aether current so it's pretty obvious.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
even in weirdo str weight world, there's no way that 270 maiming accessories would be better than 350+ crafted fending accessories with str VIs melded, would there

i'm not even shitposting now, i actually don't know enough about tanks to know the answer to that

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Holy Spirit really completely changes the Paladin game, what an amazing addition. PLD combat went from brainless 1-2-3 to keeping multiple things up and rolling. Looking forward to Passage of Arms.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm only 69 so I don't have Life of the Dragon yet, but the GCD rotation is:

HT->ID->Di->CT->WT->F&C->TT->VT->FT->F&C->WT->repeat. Basically you replace Phlebotomize with getting a fifth hit on each combo. There's a possibility that the crazy dps math people will math out that you don't always want the fifth hit if you don't need it for BotD timer but this is what SE "wants" you to do

Other things: BotD will never ever fall off without big boss invincibility times. Mirage Dive has a similar animation time to the jumps (so you can't doubleweave it), but doesn't lock you in place so you can still dodge during it.

So far, it feels like a dumbed-down version of the HW rotation, as opposed to a reversion to the ARR rotation. I don't think LotD will change that.

Thanks! I forgot they added a fifth combo hit in the line. Makes perfect sense.

cheetah7071 posted:

The level 63 dungeon isn't MSQ but it's unlocked by a quest that also gives an aether current so it's pretty obvious.
And thanks for that too :)

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Play-by-play of the SB WAR job quest:

Hey, it's a regular Roe-town Bro-down Showdown! (It helps that I too, am a Roe. =D )

Oh wait, it gets *better*.

....oh wait, it gets *worse*.

....can we please stop doing AoEs that I have to dodge so I can get back to Fell Cleaving you in the face?!

OKAY, STOP WITH THE AOEs.

AND THE HITTING. =E

JESUS, making me have to switch to Defiance to top off....

Oh god, it got *worse*.

Kuvo posted:

time to check in on hoary boulder and co...

She thirstyyyyyyyyyy

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 19, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In case you weren't playing during ARR, the DRG rotation there was super slick and possibly my favorite rotation from any class I've played in this game (which, admittedly, isn't even a quarter of them when you factor in number of classes times number of expansions)

The rotation was HT->(Combo)->Ph->(Combo)->repeat, where the combos when Chaos Thrust->Full Thrust->Full Thrust->Repeat. So you'd alternate single hits with combos, where the single hits went in an alternating pattern and the combos went in groups of three. I really thought it was the perfect intersection of complexity with simplicity.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that was his whole argument yesterday, that the elusive str tank BIS was going to be 270 accessories for like all of sb, and then I said 'wow, that's so dumb, the idea someone would be so desperate for 400 more damage that they would literally die', and today, he posted about literally doing that

idk dude, it sounds like you're deliberately misrepresenting the situation to get an own in on a poster you don't like.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
let they who have never posted in bad faith cast the first stone *grabs big ol' rock off the ground, winds up, lets fly*

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

even in weirdo str weight world, there's no way that 270 maiming accessories would be better than 350+ crafted fending accessories with str VIs melded, would there

i'm not even shitposting now, i actually don't know enough about tanks to know the answer to that

At some point yeah, the dps from fending acc substats plus a STR materia will outweigh the 270 slaying ones, especially with grade 6+ materia. The question is where that point lies. If we're still below that point, it would still be better to wear slaying accs if you can survive the fight with them, because any extra HP on top of that is almost useless.

I'm 100% willing to adapt if I actually need the HP to survive, so it's not like I'm being overly stubborn here. In the next dungeon run I did actually put on some vit stuff because we were struggling. It's just that I think it's a really lovely change that didn't need to happen at all.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Reiterpallasch posted:

let they who have never posted in bad faith cast the first stone *grabs big ol' rock off the ground, winds up, lets fly*

We don't cast Stone here.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

you can only meld one VI to a single piece of gear, and we don't know how advanced melding is going to look, but a VI and four Vs is more str than 270 gear now by a pretty decent margin

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Fister Roboto posted:

At some point yeah, the dps from fending acc substats plus a STR materia will outweigh the 270 slaying ones, especially with grade 6+ materia. The question is where that point lies. If we're still below that point, it would still be better to wear slaying accs if you can survive the fight with them, because any extra HP on top of that is almost useless.

I'm 100% willing to adapt if I actually need the HP to survive, so it's not like I'm being overly stubborn here. In the next dungeon run I did actually put on some vit stuff because we were struggling. It's just that I think it's a really lovely change that didn't need to happen at all.

Honestly, I'd be pissed if I was healing a dungeon for the first time and the tank ran off and grabbed more than one pack. Regardless of stat changes, I feel like that's probably the reason they didn't like you.

Also you can only post about how abused you were by pubbies and getting booted from groups so many times before the rest of us who have never been kicked from a group and have been playing for as long as you pull out the (new) old :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
wait that's a real forums emote now