Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

It's really hard for me to want to depend very much on buffing characters simply due to the fact that it's so easy for them to fail their charge and completely screw you over. I've played two games of 8th so far and both times I've had huge issues when a character misses the charge.
Yeah, that's been my concern since we first saw characters are all separate units. I have yet to play 8th so I don't know how valid it is, but I could see myself waiting to charge with deep striking terminators and their accompanying character(s). A 9" charge is already risky enough without leaving a standard bearer or chaplain or something out in the open to be picked off like idiots.

Land raider crusaders are probably the way to go for that. I'm toying with the idea of a unit of 5 Deathwing Knights riding along with Belial or an Interrogator-Chaplain, a Deathwing Ancient, and a Deathwing Champion. Not because I think it'll be a good unit, but that sounds like a hilarious pile of damage to throw at basically anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

This is how they should be sold.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

This is how they should be sold.

It costs extra. I'm suprised the book only cost $25 so it really looks like they tried to keep it cheap. Been doing this with my softbound books since 3rd and it's a really quality of life improvement.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Remind me, when was the last time you posted anything with any redeeming value or merit?

Cupola weeks ago, when Skullapalooza ended.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

TheChirurgeon posted:

Sure you can, they share the HERETIC ASTARTES and CHAOS keywords

Meant the capital-T Traitor Legions (Death Guards, Sons, Emp Children, world eaters). Those guys all have a specific list of what they can include =(

It's not a huge deal though. The detachment system is flexible enough that you can just include them somewhere else. Re-rolling the invuln saves (from a 1kSons character) on some of those models would have been cool though.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Meant the capital-T Traitor Legions (Death Guards, Sons, Emp Children, world eaters). Those guys all have a specific list of what they can include =(

It's not a huge deal though. The detachment system is flexible enough that you can just include them somewhere else. Re-rolling the invuln saves (from a 1kSons character) on some of those models would have been cool though.
It seems like that's a list of what can be given the associated legion keyword. There's nothing stopping you from making a HERETIC ASTARTES detachment that mixes them. I'm sure that we'll see faction-specific detachments getting unique stratagems and other bonuses, but for now there's no reason to not go hog wild and mix things. Death Guard are weirdly missing a bunch of units right now, like terminators and havocs which have always been kinda their things. With them in the starter set, I'd bet on them getting one of the first releases which should rectify that and give them a few more options. Marks of chaos don't give out bonuses anymore and just feed into the keyword system so I can see why they left out some units even if it sucks for now.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Wow worth it. Doing that this week.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

So just wanna give a shout out to Spellcrow.

I ordered some shirtless ork torsos to test the look for my Warboyz, and not only did I get 20 excellent sculpts on clean sprues, but they threw in a whole additional bag of random bitz (mostly heads and weapon arms).

Good people to work with, and probably going to get more of my money soon if these paint up as cool as they look plain.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Hey all, I'm selling a lovely dusty Land Raider Crusader.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/263046420566?ul_noapp=true
Just clearing some stuff out and found this and thought I'd sold it when I got rid of a bunch of my other beat up old projects.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

General Olloth posted:

Wow worth it. Doing that this week.

Getting the covers laminated is something you could also think about, but with codexes in the pipe it might not be worth it for the indexes.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Getting the covers laminated is something you could also think about, but with codexes in the pipe it might not be worth it for the indexes.

Yeah I'm not worried about that. I just want the book to stay open/to be able to fold it back without crunching it all up.

I do have some laminating sheets, cardstock, and a hole punch that I'm going to use to print the core rules for reference in my 3 ring binder I put all my other poo poo in.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

It's like $7 for everything. I love doing it.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

Cupola weeks ago, when Skullapalooza ended.

I'll put this in a language he can understand.

Heavy bolter hordes! Heavy bolter hordes!

Cupola cupola!

Heavy cupola bolter hordes!

Predator squaaaadron!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Vespid models are flying off the shelves on Ebay. They're almost at GW prices with shipping included, people really need their cheap unit fix.

Which is a bit sad because I've been trying to find ways of including them in my armies for years and only really had any success with homebrews and smaller games.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

I ordered some shirtless ork torsos to test the look for my Warboyz, and not only did I get 20 excellent sculpts on clean sprues, but they threw in a whole additional bag of random bitz (mostly heads and weapon arms).

Good people to work with, and probably going to get more of my money soon if these paint up as cool as they look plain.

I was just about to ask whether they had a good rep, want to order some random Ork bits to make some spanner boyz. Good to hear.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

SRM posted:

Hey all, I'm selling a lovely dusty Land Raider Crusader.

Yoink!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Thanks! I'll send it out Wednesday.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

quote:

This item has been sold. See more items like this, below.

Well poo poo, that was quick

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well, they're more reasonably priced, but I'm not sure I want Vespid models that look like they're from an off-brand version of Ghostbusters: http://www.bluemoonmanufacturing.com/view_product.php?product=BMM132

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah but Europe?

Anyway on Thursday I ordered some stuff from Hoard 'O Bits. Got it today and dude shipped from VA so he must have filled it quick to get to Chicago only 2 business days later.

So that's cool and all and tonight I'm gonna build at least 1 jump pack captain... having trouble deciding between a pair of lightning claws, plasma pistol and relic blade or combo weapon and relic blade. There's also that inferno pistol... hng. Decisions. I only have enough iron halo for 1 dude.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah I think crusaders are definitely the way to go. You can fit 5 terminators, a terminator character, apothecary, ancient or lieutenant, and have extra room.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Raphus C posted:

I was just about to ask whether they had a good rep, want to order some random Ork bits to make some spanner boyz. Good to hear.

Lemme get a picture. Some of what I ordered:

What they threw in for free :

Super stoked, I'd wanted to see what those cutlasses and pirate heads were like for my SWA team anyway!

DiHK posted:

Yeah but Europe?

Took ~2 weeks to arrive, and cost me 2.5 gpb for shipping. Not even a problem.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

muggins posted:

The malanthrope really only works if there is a typo in its description. It says it affects MODELS but it should be UNITS.

One of the 8E playtester guys (who wrote the Tyranid faction focus article) confirmed it was an error and should say 'units' like Venomthropes.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Finally got around to watching Zulu last night.

That box of 100 odd Praetorians is my next project I think. Victoria miniatures also sells "Captain Caine"

http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/captain-caine-metal

Pip pip old boy, this Imperium isn't going to defend itself. There's a good lad.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeast posted:

That box of 100 odd Praetorians is my next project I think. Victoria miniatures also sells "Captain Caine"

Pip pip old boy, this Imperium isn't going to defend itself. There's a good lad.

Now I want to see them fighting against an ork army convered from the AoS Bonesplitter orcs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Now I want to see them fighting against an ork army convered from the AoS Bonesplitter orcs.

I picked up two models and holy poo poo they're huge compared to regular boyz.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
This is a problematic road you're going down.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
gettin' a little skeeved out now.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Are there any alt marine heads with long flowing hair that would be good for Blood Angels?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

GreenMarine posted:

Are there any alt marine heads with long flowing hair that would be good for Blood Angels?

Spellcrow.
http://www.spellcrow.com/space-knights-heads-with-long-hair-p-281.html

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I've checked these out before while trying to find Emperor's Children heads but I feel like they're a bit rough looking for Blood Angels or EC. I haven't been able to find any pretty boy heads with flowing locks that aren't elves though...

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I could see elf heads working. A vampire swap could be good depending on the head as well

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Anyone have any advice/best practices for removing/replacing doors on a Landraider? I may have e come into a second hand one recently I need to de-Dark Angel...

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Yeast posted:

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?products_id=3643

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

susan posted:

Anyone have any advice/best practices for removing/replacing doors on a Landraider? I may have e come into a second hand one recently I need to de-Dark Angel...

If it's superglued freeze it and try to pop em off. Plastic glue you may as well just sand down the icon and put something over it.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

mango sentinel posted:

This is a problematic road you're going down.

I'm not painting the orks brown. We good.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
So in NZ all the Death Guard spray is sold out

At GW

At online third parties

At local hobby stores

so here I am base-coating by HAND like some sort of MONSTER

gahhhhhhhhhh

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

JBP posted:

I've checked these out before while trying to find Emperor's Children heads but I feel like they're a bit rough looking for Blood Angels or EC. I haven't been able to find any pretty boy heads with flowing locks that aren't elves though...

Yeeeeah, I get what you're saying. My only suggestion would be to really dig into some fantasy lines (something im not very familiar with.) looking at barbarians.

May I suggest instead the grecian head on the left here but more seriously just using as many of these heads on the right - just a whole loving company of sanguinary literal brothers in golden nipple armor with afros and cigars?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

I love that the Perry's recreated the injured Praetorians from when they originally sculpted them for GW in '98

Like, *exactly*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Trying out my new lightbox to photograph my manz.

Here's my Marine HQs:

Captain

Darnath Lysander

Captain on Bike

Custom Counts-As Vulkan

Librarian

Terminator Chaplain