Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

dogsicle posted:

idk dude, it sounds like you're deliberately misrepresenting the situation to get an own in on a poster you don't like.

it might seem that way, but consider this: im not, i promise

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Reiterpallasch posted:

wait that's a real forums emote now

thanks cspam

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Here's what I actually posted yesterday just for the record.

Fister Roboto posted:

Hi, can we talk about how loving stupid it was to change tank AP back to 100% strength AND make jewelry locked by role? Because it's really loving stupid. It makes it so that good tanks will want to keep a set of 270 slaying jewelry (which is still all classes) because it's still best for dps. And they'll keep them either until the substats on fending jewelry outweighs the old slaying jewelry, or until they're getting one-shot through cooldowns.

Or, most likely, until SE goes back and makes all jewelry role-locked.

Apparently that's enough to get people here angry, for whatever reason.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

fwiw i've been in groups that put up with some absolutely terrible tanks because we didn't want to sit and wait for a replacement :shrug:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that was his whole argument yesterday, that the elusive str tank BIS was going to be 270 accessories for like all of sb, and then I said 'wow, that's so dumb, the idea someone would be so desperate for 400 more damage that they would literally die', and today, he posted about literally doing that

Fister Roboto posted:

It makes it so that good tanks will want to keep a set of 270 slaying jewelry (which is still all classes) because it's still best for dps. And they'll keep them either until the substats on fending jewelry outweighs the old slaying jewelry

dogsicle posted:

idk dude, it sounds like you're deliberately misrepresenting the situation to get an own in on a poster you don't like.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
oh boy oh boy oh boy

*ahem*

:thunk:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so which healer is now the best at sick damage? whm, right?

it is kind of weird the same patch made healer damage also scale off of their mainstat is the same patch where they made tank damage STOP scaling off their mainstat, but I understand the situations are fairly different

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just looking at the potencies, WHM's personal dps potential looks the highest, but I don't know how that stacks up against Expanded Balance and Chain Stratagem.

My gut instinct is that WHM will be the highest dps healer in 4-man content, both because it's generally tuned lower so you'll have more time to chuck out Stones and because raid DPS buffs are less effective in smaller parties.

e: also, holy

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Attorney at Funk posted:

We don't cast Stone here.

i laughed at this post more than i should have

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
what if both fister and the pubbie are both wrong

i'll expect a 200 page thesis on the moral implications of votekicks and dungeon wipes on my desk by friday. you're all dismissed

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Did they mess with the enmity multipliers when they tweaked the potency of tank actions?

It might be my imagination but I feel like Unleash (which had its potency halved) is generating crap aggro now. I'm wondering if there's reason to use it instead of Abyssal Drain now that enhanced unleash is gone and AD is just 200 mana more expensive.

insanityv2 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 20, 2017

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Samurai is real good yeah I like it

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Minrad posted:

what if both fister and the pubbie are both wrong

i'll expect a 200 page thesis on the moral implications of votekicks and dungeon wipes on my desk by friday. you're all dismissed

Well, yeah, I was wrong. Going straight STR and pulling multiple packs was a pretty bad idea. I just don't like people in DF who go straight from silent to rear end in a top hat over a single wipe.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Last story fight is definitely a pubbie slayer, but it's good fun one you are in a group that's light on their feet and pays attention to what attack is coming out. Also has a metal as hell transition.

Party wipe at 30 seconds on the first pull is hilarious and I'll miss it once everybody knows how to not die there.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

insanityv2 posted:

Did they mess with the enmity multipliers when they tweaked the potency of tank actions?

It might be my imagination but I feel like Unleash is generating crap aggro now. I'm wondering if there's reason to use it instead of Abyssal Drain now that enhanced unleash is gone and AD is just 200 mana more expensive.

Only reason to use unleash now is if you're doing content below 56. It's real bad and drain is just unleash but better, sans the whole needing to dark arts it to actually get the health restore effect.

Unrelated; Riddle of Earth, as bad as Fists of Earth.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

if you ever wanted to know which FC had the most cat girls in the worst chart you've ever seen you're in luck today

pink/top is female blue/bottom is male

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Play-by-play of the SB WAR job quest:

Hey, it's a regular Roe-town Bro-down Showdown! (It helps that I too, am a Roe. =D )

Oh wait, it gets *better*.

....oh wait, it gets *worse*.

....can we please stop doing AoEs that I have to dodge so I can get back to Fell Cleaving you in the face?!

OKAY, STOP WITH THE AOEs.

AND THE HITTING. =E

JESUS, making me have to switch to Defiance to top off....

Oh god, it got *worse*.

Really making me consider leveling up Paladin now, I'm hoping tweaks and patches down the line improve things again.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Haquer posted:

Samurai is real good yeah I like it

that warrior doing 2 pct more damage than the sch is chilling

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Reiterpallasch posted:

Just looking at the potencies, WHM's personal dps potential looks the highest, but I don't know how that stacks up against Expanded Balance and Chain Stratagem.

My gut instinct is that WHM will be the highest dps healer in 4-man content, both because it's generally tuned lower so you'll have more time to chuck out Stones and because raid DPS buffs are less effective in smaller parties.

e: also, holy

It's probably hard to get exact numbers into account just because you might burn your Lilies on Assize too.

But yeah, I'd wager WHM will easily pull ahead of the other two. SCH might help push up raid DPS if there are a few MNKs and BRDs in there though since they really love their crits.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Dryzen posted:

if you ever wanted to know which FC had the most cat girls in the worst chart you've ever seen you're in luck today

:bisonyes:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Last story fight is definitely a pubbie slayer, but it's good fun one you are in a group that's light on their feet and pays attention to what attack is coming out. Also has a metal as hell transition.

Party wipe at 30 seconds on the first pull is hilarious and I'll miss it once everybody knows how to not die there.

Honestly all the dungeons + trials are pretty good, dungeons are engaging but not likely to wipe ya and the trials have a couple of nasty tricks. (talking 60-70, not Ex yet)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dryzen posted:

I'm glad Roe are the least played and therefore coolest race.

It's good that there's no race that's less played than Roes.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Dryzen posted:

As a female black lala in whiteface, you can subtract about 5 cat butts from PBC.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

Well, yeah, I was wrong. Going straight STR and pulling multiple packs was a pretty bad idea. I just don't like people in DF who go straight from silent to rear end in a top hat over a single wipe.

Yeah this is super lovely especially on new content that isn't on farm mode yet.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that warrior doing 2 pct more damage than the sch is chilling

The warrior was a pubbie, the other 2 were Goons so yeah makes sense. He never swapped out of defiance.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So apparently to avoid 2 hour queues on Balmung one jsut has to never log out and abuse the aetheryte/crafting thing to avoid afking out.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The white mage AF "pants" return in all their glory.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

is there a place i can read a tl;dr summary of the story of 2.x and 3.x?

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

So when are bans being thrown out..

For people that abuse the work around on the afk timer? I know I know, I'm on Balmung, why aren't you transferring off of Balmung then, and all that worthless tripe people throw around, but when it gets to the point that you see several people unable to play, and the /only/ choice is to play at hours that nobody who actually has things to do in the real world can play? Maybe SE should stop having a hands off approach and actually do something for people constantly abusing said work arounds. Or boot people off of the server so they get stuck in queue. One of the two. I've had enough of seeing it in 2.0, 3.0, and now 4.0. Where people did this on a regular basis just so they can stay on for incredibly selfish reasons.

Yes I'm mad. No, I'm not going to transfer off of a server I was on since 1.0 just to get an immediate 'gain' for a long term loss.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Play-by-play of the SB WAR job quest:

Hey, it's a regular Roe-town Bro-down Showdown! (It helps that I too, am a Roe. =D )

Oh wait, it gets *better*.

....oh wait, it gets *worse*.

....can we please stop doing AoEs that I have to dodge so I can get back to Fell Cleaving you in the face?!

OKAY, STOP WITH THE AOEs.

AND THE HITTING. =E

JESUS, making me have to switch to Defiance to top off....

Oh god, it got *worse*.

She thirstyyyyyyyyyy

xD so le epic

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
To be fair, in the 65 dungeon and onward, tanks (who aren't super overgeared, which is almost all of them at this point) pulling multiple packs is actually legitimately difficult to heal if you're trying to dps. I had a tank in the 65 dungeon slam on sword oath and grab the first three packs, and I could spam benefic II on him as fast as my GCD would go (with additional essential dignity, and a largesse'd time dilated regen) and he still melted. Even once he put shield oath on, if I took a single gcd to try to cast gravity his HP would dip right the gently caress down and I'd have to cancel my cast and start healing again.

Question for people at 70: would it be better to meld VIT on my rightsides as a healer, or go for more crit/det? I'm thinking VIT, just because Susan EX is so heavy on the raidwide and dying basically means no MP for the rest of the run.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Pikavangelist posted:

So when are bans being thrown out..

For people that abuse the work around on the afk timer? I know I know, I'm on Balmung, why aren't you transferring off of Balmung then, and all that worthless tripe people throw around, but when it gets to the point that you see several people unable to play, and the /only/ choice is to play at hours that nobody who actually has things to do in the real world can play? Maybe SE should stop having a hands off approach and actually do something for people constantly abusing said work arounds. Or boot people off of the server so they get stuck in queue. One of the two. I've had enough of seeing it in 2.0, 3.0, and now 4.0. Where people did this on a regular basis just so they can stay on for incredibly selfish reasons.

Yes I'm mad. No, I'm not going to transfer off of a server I was on since 1.0 just to get an immediate 'gain' for a long term loss.

source your quotes

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

read cspam every day :killing:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

read cspam every day :killing:

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Tsurupettan posted:

source your quotes

The same place they're always from.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/330299-So-when-are-bans-being-thrown-out..

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Just finished the Odin duty with a group of random people. We killed him just as he was about to use his final attack that wipes the entire party. I hit that limit break button just at the right time. That was a fun battle.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Dryzen posted:

We're keeping goon guilds wholesome and Femroe friendly!

I'm doing my part!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

is there a place i can read a tl;dr summary of the story of 2.x and 3.x?

I'd like this too, it would be nice to get a refresher real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Hey how do I get my SB code? I bought from the European SE store, it only shows my pre-order code and nothing has been mailed to me recently. Do I wait?