Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I forgot how great it is to Hide through all the exploring you have to do in the MSQ. Trash usually doesn't take forever like it did in HW, but it's still pointless to engage with.

I've only hit 2 dungeons so far, but they were both fun and cool. Aether currents continue to be dumb though. I would rather have it all quest gated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
"... you will be able to login more quickly if you continue to wait instead of cancelling your queue."

Yeah, thanks for the loving tip Einstein.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Minrad posted:

We're keeping goon guilds wholesome and Femroe friendly!

I'm doing my part!

Sup Femroe buddy! :buddy::hf::buddy:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Skeezy posted:

I'd like this too, it would be nice to get a refresher real quick.

i'm finishing up the HW story and I'm like wait who is this person?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

also i'm feeling torn between RDM and BRD :ohdear:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm just starting HW and tbh I'm really digging MCH. Gotta figure out what I'm doing but it's cool.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Hey, take a minute, relax, and enjoy this art someone did for each of the 51 tribes of the Xaela.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Legin Noslen posted:

"... you will be able to login more quickly if you continue to wait instead of cancelling your queue."

Yeah, thanks for the loving tip Einstein.

This isn't even true, you don't lose your place in line when you cancel

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I want to give this game another go after a very long break. From what I could tell when I tried to reinstall it last night is that I need to have an 'active' (subscribed?) account to download it through the launcher?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Any 70 BLMs around? I'm curious how Foul fits into the single-target rotation and how it and the 68 trait affect AoE.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:getin:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I know Neverlose got BLM to 70 earlier today, I think they were practicing the rotation earlier but I have no idea what it is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

This is the proest click I've followed in quite a while

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
90002 is the "you're hosed until your duty timer is up" error, right?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I just poo poo a frog at a guy.

Ninja took a turn for the weird.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The tower challenge has been conquered by half of my static group (one of them cheated and marriage ring teleported to his wife).

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

90002 is the "you're hosed until your duty timer is up" error, right?

I got that queuing into pvp but I was able to get back in after about 5 minutes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm at the instance at the Loch and now I got stuck in a 90k loop. It's almost poetic. I couldn't start the main quest cause of the 90k loops, now I can't end the main quest cause of them.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
very minor spoiler, just before lochs

why cant alphinaud stop accidentally saying weird pervert things to lady scions

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Question for people at 70: would it be better to meld VIT on my rightsides as a healer, or go for more crit/det? I'm thinking VIT, just because Susan EX is so heavy on the raidwide and dying basically means no MP for the rest of the run.

no

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Trip report: just gathered a bunch of poop in the azim steppe. I'm the warrior of light.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I do not remember ARR or HW being this bad with side quests, do 1-3 MSQ and get flooded with 4-10 side quests. Please for the love of this game, on next expac cut back on the side quests and give MSQ and needed side quests (ones with aether winds or item rewards) more exp.

Edit: Oh and no more chained side quests. This is Final Fantasy NOT Everquest.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Somehow this is more deeply annoying than The Wall was :mad: Let's play spot the bug!

bug explanation: first boss died as he was doing his targeted Fetter and I was permanently stuck with it, even after using Return. Had to leave the party and eat the 30m penalty

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 20, 2017

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Farg posted:

very minor spoiler, just before lochs

why cant alphinaud stop accidentally saying weird pervert things to lady scions

because it is literally the only interesting thing about him

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
There's a mini jumping challenge to get into the Inn for another sightseeing log.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Verranicus posted:

I do not remember ARR or HW being this bad with side quests, do 1-3 MSQ and get flooded with 4-10 side quests. Please for the love of this game, on next expac cut back on the side quests and give MSQ and needed side quests (ones with aether winds or item rewards) more exp.

Edit: Oh and no more chained side quests. This is Final Fantasy NOT Everquest.

This one I don't get. As long as they're not necessary, it's only a problem for completionists. For anyone else, it's just extra content for people to do on alts or when they're bored. It would be a bit crazy for SE to restrict their content so that people run out of options sooner rather than later, wouldn't it?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Somehow this is more deeply annoying than The Wall was :mad: Let's play spot the bug!

bug explanation: first boss died as he was doing his targeted Fetter and I was permanently stuck with it, even after using Return. Had to leave the party and eat the 30m penalty

Why didn't you just ask them to kick you?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Why didn't you just ask them to kick you?

Mostly I didn't think of it :v: but we were only five minutes in anyway

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Susano fight is insanely loving hype

Complaining about quests is dumb. Don't do them if you feel ready to move on with the MSQ and leave them for an alt or something.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

comatose posted:

I want to give this game another go after a very long break. From what I could tell when I tried to reinstall it last night is that I need to have an 'active' (subscribed?) account to download it through the launcher?

Thought that was the case with most MMO games? Specifically here yes sounds right.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

LethalGeek posted:

Thought that was the case with most MMO games? Specifically here yes sounds right.

I'm pretty sure wow lets you download/update the client even when your sub has lapsed. Seems kinda lovely to me that I have to start a sub and then spend hours downloading the game with my amazingly bad Australian internet. Would be much cooler if I could get it downloaded then start my sub when I'm ready and play the poo poo of this game that I remember being cool and good. Ahh well maybe next week.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The preorder bonus letter asks us to forget all about Blue Mage :smith:

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

comatose posted:

I'm pretty sure wow lets you download/update the client even when your sub has lapsed. Seems kinda lovely to me that I have to start a sub and then spend hours downloading the game with my amazingly bad Australian internet. Would be much cooler if I could get it downloaded then start my sub when I'm ready and play the poo poo of this game that I remember being cool and good. Ahh well maybe next week.

It's actually more common to be able to fully download and patch the game prior to having a subscription, or even an account. Not exactly sure why FFXIV works that way really. You could get around it though, by starting a new trial account with a throwaway email address.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Pre-60 how does PvP compare to PotD running in terms of xp gains?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Zerilan posted:

Pre-60 how does PvP compare to PotD running in terms of xp gains?

pvp at in the 50s is like 14-15% of your level

potd is between 20% and 50% of your level (with max armory)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Nice neck, lady

(level 69 MSQ spoilers)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what reason would someone have to want to download the game without a subscription barring the trials? the scenario that guy is describing makes no sense. does the few hours you'd be subbed but still downloading really matter? why would next week be any different?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what reason would someone have to want to download the game without a subscription barring the trials? the scenario that guy is describing makes no sense. does the few hours you'd be subbed but still downloading really matter? why would next week be any different?

If you are on a slow internet connection (say, in the rural US or Australia) then downloading the entire game and then HW + SB could take basically an entire day

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
The Lochs theme is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh man Susano was so good and I cannot fuckin' wait to do his EX mode

Let's revel, buddy :hfive: