Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Starman Super DX posted:

Maybe the thread title needs to be changed to "Horrible Customers: Rise of the Incontinence"

Or I dunno something funnier and poop related.

its GBS thread, the pants making GBS threads is already implied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

JustinMorgan posted:

Or, you know, she could use the restroom in the front of the store. The one she literally walked past to get to the freezers.

boooooring

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Starman Super DX posted:

Maybe the thread title needs to be changed to "Horrible Customers: Rise of the Incontinence"

Horrible Customers: No there are not more in the back, all of our poo poo is on the floor.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zil posted:

Horrible Customers: No there are not more in the back, all of our poo poo is on the floor.

The biggest downside to having very well-organized stock was trying to explain to people that no, we don't have more in the back, because I'm vaguely competent at my job and make sure that empty shelves get filled whenever possible.

Also our inventory system had a good 36-48 hour delay on the consumer side so we got a whoooole lot of "I just checked the website before I left and it says you have 2!!!"

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

Kelp Me! posted:

The biggest downside to having very well-organized stock was trying to explain to people that no, we don't have more in the back, because I'm vaguely competent at my job and make sure that empty shelves get filled whenever possible.

Also our inventory system had a good 36-48 hour delay on the consumer side so we got a whoooole lot of "I just checked the website before I left and it says you have 2!!!"

Oooh this customerism is a classic!
I have a pretty tiny department so I have a pretty good idea of what's on the shelf and what isn't. If I haven't heard of it's it's almost a guarantee we don't have it unless it came in that day and I just haven't seen it yet.
It's hilarious to watching middle aged people give me a bewildered look as though "how could you possibly know that?" after informing them entirely off hand that we don't carry the thing they came in for. So they proceed to bust out that old chestnut, because I have something that resembles an LCD screen at my register
"Can't you look it up?"

:bang:

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
Waiting for my drink at Starbucks in the grocery store, no longer work in retail, regardless my skin prickles when a lady peeks her head over from the nearby U-Scans, she has a balloon, "EXCUSE ME? HELLO? THIS WON'T SCAN?" I got that feeling of "jesus I have to help a customer now" and then the instant relief that, actually, no I loving don't. And nobody over here does because this is Starbucks and its 6:30 AM, can you at least locate an actual front-end employee, apparently not because she wandered away a second later

I'm glad I don't have the lingering "customer service face" that some people were talking about earlier in the thread, but I do have some weird retail survivor's guilt and cannot look a grocery store employee in the eye. It makes me too sad to understand that anybody at all still works in grocery.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Starbucks story:

We had this lady named Donna we all called "half and half lady". We called her that because she would call before coming in to buy a pound of coffee, watch you grind it, then order a drink and make you open a brand new half and half container in front of her every time so she could add it to her drink. Vey particular and probably OCD.

Then, she would go turn the bathroom into a poo poo tornado. I honestly think she just put her pants around her ankles and stood there and poo poo. It would be on the walls, all over the toilet, on the sink, etc. Just loving everywhere.

The worst part was the fact that she called first every time. You knew what was coming, knew what the result would be, and there was no way to stop it. "Hello, this is Donna. Yes, I will be coming in for my coffee later. Please have it ready so I can watch you grind it."

Another one of my favorite guys:

A Venti drip coffee cost 1.70 when I worked there. With tax calculated, you ended up with a total around 1.80. There was a dude who came in every day, got the same thing, paid with 2 bucks, and made it a point to tell us that he wasn't tipping us that 20 cents because 1.70 was robbery for a cup of coffee and we should tell our bosses to lower the price if we wanted a tip. I wanted to punch him in his stupid loving face so bad. I just ended up taking it out on the buy-nothing teenagers later.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kelp Me! posted:

I hated that. Last year, last job implented a system to ship product from store directly to customers homes to fulfil online orders. But the computers wouldn't update the inventory until they polled that night. So during the Christmas season, I got a whole lot of people coming in for items they looked up online or were sent from another store without calling is first to check to see if the item was actually in stock or not.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

new phone who dis posted:

Starbucks story:

We had this lady named Donna we all called "half and half lady". We called her that because she would call before coming in to buy a pound of coffee, watch you grind it, then order a drink and make you open a brand new half and half container in front of her every time so she could add it to her drink. Vey particular and probably OCD.

Then, she would go turn the bathroom into a poo poo tornado. I honestly think she just put her pants around her ankles and stood there and poo poo. It would be on the walls, all over the toilet, on the sink, etc. Just loving everywhere.

did you work at my B&N, because we also had cafe regular named donna that was slightly ocd. she would tell you how to make her drink and would get pissed when you didnt know it. i wasn't up there all the time, so she had to walk me through it every time. the kicker was she insisted on a venti cup of ice and a grande cup. it was practically ice cream at that point, i don't know how she used a straw. the cafe manager once tried to get her to edit her drink because it kept loving up our blenders, but upper management decided that her $4 drink was more important than a $1000 industrial blender.

i dont think she was our mad shitter though. the aftermath was as if someone had taken a sock, filled it with poo poo, cut a hole in the bottom, and spun it over their head.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Starman Super DX posted:

Retail Horror Stories: The Customer is always poo poo(ting)

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

FAU please change thread title to
"Horrible Customers: Literally just poo poo everywhere"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

All you people with customer poop stories (or specifically the stories where you know who it is/it's a repeat customer):

Why the gently caress did you allow those people back into the store? Or I guess the better question is what kind of hosed-up monsters did you have as managers?

poo poo (heh), I banned a customer from my store for life because they let their dog poo poo in the store twice in a row; if I found out the identity of someone who spread poo poo around my store's bathroom I'd have called the cops and had them arrested for vandalism, regular customer or not.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Kelp Me! posted:

All you people with customer poop stories (or specifically the stories where you know who it is/it's a repeat customer):

Why the gently caress did you allow those people back into the store? Or I guess the better question is what kind of hosed-up monsters did you have as managers?

poo poo (heh), I banned a customer from my store for life because they let their dog poo poo in the store twice in a row; if I found out the identity of someone who spread poo poo around my store's bathroom I'd have called the cops and had them arrested for vandalism, regular customer or not.

Welp my GM wouldn't kick a guy out for following me home after work one night so

Can't lose customers even if they're literally making GBS threads on the floor or threatening employees

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I mean if I had terrible explosive diarrhea I wouldn't want to mess up MY bathroom sooo sorry wage slaves

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

DemonDarkhorse posted:

did you work at my B&N, because we also had cafe regular named donna that was slightly ocd. she would tell you how to make her drink and would get pissed when you didnt know it. i wasn't up there all the time, so she had to walk me through it every time. the kicker was she insisted on a venti cup of ice and a grande cup. it was practically ice cream at that point, i don't know how she used a straw. the cafe manager once tried to get her to edit her drink because it kept loving up our blenders, but upper management decided that her $4 drink was more important than a $1000 industrial blender.

i dont think she was our mad shitter though. the aftermath was as if someone had taken a sock, filled it with poo poo, cut a hole in the bottom, and spun it over their head.

Are you in San Diego?

We had other bad shitters at our location too, it's just that Donna was a regular. Also, women who stuck used tampons and pads on the walls.

Generally, we had the men clean the men's and the women clean the women's because it felt right that another member of that gender had to atone for the sins perpetrated against our bathrooms.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Kelp Me! posted:

Starbucks has this policy that's called "just say yes". Basically, anything the customer wants, they get.

Did you drink most or all of your drink, then come up to say you didn't like it? We make you a new one.

Is someone outside swearing and bothering you? Here's some free drink tickets.

Are you a mentally ill regular who annihilates the bathroom? Don't worry, we will take care of it!

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Starbucks has this policy that's called "just say yes". Basically, anything the customer wants, they get.

This is literally the customer service policy where I work

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I put a very large sign in the front window of the store at eye level stating "NO PUBLIC RESTROOM" complete with red underlining and bold italicized font and I still get asked multiple times a shift if I'll let them into the back of the store unsupervised to take a wicked dump. Usually a "Sorry can't let anyone in the back with the loose stock" will suffice but sometimes you get some screechy harpie who has a meltdown about it and threatens to take my staffers eyeballs out.

The few times I've had to kick people out of the store is for sneaking into the back to take a wicked dump. Motherfucker, nobody else on staff cleans the goddamn bathroom but me I am not your potential personal butthole attendant. There's a goddamn CHAIN bolted into the walls with a "STAFF ONLY" sign on it. I make it very goddamn clear there is no public restroom precisely because of the above stories. Ignore at your own peril and get bent.

Also theft will get you D/Ced and banned.

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
Man I feel bad for all you guys who aren't allowed to call out bad customer behavior - we didn't have any rogue shitters or anything blatantly vandalism like that, but the store management was absolutely giddy about catching shoplifters and scammers. One of the store managers was a big dude with a shaved head that apparently looked intimidating to the random meth heads that showed up trying to return razor blades n poo poo without a receipt, so we just called him on down whenever someone was obviously trying to put one over on us at the service desk and he would handle things.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Abusing the losers who perpetually hung out in front of the store was my revenge on the public. A bunch of late teen/early 20s losers with rich parents who couldn't even stand being around their own kids. Constantly smoked, cursed and made everyone miserable coming in to request free water and wreck the bathroom. Our manager had a bright idea to hire a couple of them because they were always there anyway, and they inevitably no-call no-showed, got fired, and then had the nerve to come back and hang out in front of the store every day. Admittedly, I was a petty man, but I would bring ruin upon them at every opportunity. The cops were in our store a lot and I was more than happy to point out which smokers weren't 18 yet or which under-21 kids were drinking liquor out of plastic cups thinking they were so smooth. I'd have had them all run off permanently if my shift manager wasn't doing his best to gently caress all the female ones by being good cop when I wasn't around.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcjYiE38iFI

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Did you drink most or all of your drink, then come up to say you didn't like it? We make you a new one.

Is someone outside swearing and bothering you? Here's some free drink tickets.

Are you a mentally ill regular who annihilates the bathroom? Don't worry, we will take care of it!

When I was the manager of a Barnes and Noble cafe (basically a Starbucks with different food) for like 4 years we didn't have to deal with this poo poo and we would just tell people to gently caress off

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Aesop Poprock posted:

When I was the manager of a Barnes and Noble cafe (basically a Starbucks with different food) for like 4 years we didn't have to deal with this poo poo and we would just tell people to gently caress off

Were you a franchise or corporate owned? I know the airport, grocery store, and I think bookstore Starbucks were all franchises and all the regular ones are corporate.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Does everyone working in retail itt bust out the ol' "Sorry, you/we can't do that because of insurance purposes" lie?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Were you a franchise or corporate owned? I know the airport, grocery store, and I think bookstore Starbucks were all franchises and all the regular ones are corporate.

It was corporate owned but by B&N. We just would get Starbucks coffee/other drinks and follow their trends including pumpkin spice lattes etc and all the frapps but the food was entirely different and we didn't directly answer to Starbucks, at least not on the store level

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Me! posted:

The only people I remember our B&N banning were customers or previous employees who had stolen stuff, and we had a huge amount of horrible customers

The people you would usually want to ban are also the ones who will flood negative reviews and hit up corporate about how bad they were treated daily

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

The only people I remember our B&N banning were customers or previous employees who had stolen stuff, and we had a huge amount of horrible customers

The people you would usually want to ban are also the ones who will flood negative reviews and hit up corporate about how bad they were treated daily

Man the shrink level at the B&N by me must be loving sky-high. They don't actually stick those security tags onto books, they just slide them in between the pages (if they put one in at all) and you can just flip through the book and it'll fall out. There's like a dozen high schools in the area and tons of students go there to study or do homework. The number of times I've seen a kid pack up his books and slide an extra SAT prep book or Naruto Vol. 69 was ridiculous. I don't think I've ever heard the security thing at the exit go off.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Does it still count as shoplifting if you just say "oh I forgot I had this!!" as the alarm goes off

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

DemonDarkhorse posted:

I don't understand how the walls get covered short of the action you describe actually happening. Can I get some diagrams in here please?

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Kelp Me! posted:

Man the shrink level at the B&N by me must be loving sky-high. They don't actually stick those security tags onto books, they just slide them in between the pages (if they put one in at all) and you can just flip through the book and it'll fall out. There's like a dozen high schools in the area and tons of students go there to study or do homework. The number of times I've seen a kid pack up his books and slide an extra SAT prep book or Naruto Vol. 69 was ridiculous. I don't think I've ever heard the security thing at the exit go off.

And where might this B&N be located? :devil:

New semester coming up!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Man, I can't tell you guys how happy I am this thread has gotten to 15 pages and no one has mentioned Gord.

Also, back when I was a register monkey at the grocery store, I had an old guy eat a banana in my line, then take out his dentures and lick off any remaining banana residue. Eww.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Starman Super DX posted:

And where might this B&N be located? :devil:

New semester coming up!

Strangely enough I had this image already uploaded for a different thread;

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Kelp Me! posted:

Strangely enough I had this image already uploaded for a different thread;

Wow this is shockingly close to me. Not like reasonably close but really not all that far.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Starman Super DX posted:

Wow this is shockingly close to me. Not like reasonably close but really not all that far.

Sup NJ buddy?

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
when i worked retail the horrible customers were the best ones. if you're a normal person then i just have to do my normal job, which is mind numbingly boring. yes sir no sir thank you sir have a nice day sir. but if you start flipping out and yelling at me? well that's above my pay grade, i'm just a high school kid and i have no power to do what you want, let me call for the manager. he's 40 years old and this is his career. you think you're an rear end in a top hat in a bad mood, mr customer? ~enjoy~ :munch:

JewKiller 3000 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 20, 2017

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a slight chance that Applesnots maybe have been exaggerating for comedic effect

A bit, but it was a good while. Old bastard deserved it, I had to clean his piss, he hosed with me at my job, I am gonna gently caress with him at his. He did recognize me too, he kept trying to come in after i banned him and I had to keep kicking him back out before I found him pushing carts.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

haljordan posted:

I mean if I had terrible explosive diarrhea I wouldn't want to mess up MY bathroom sooo sorry wage slaves

working at KFC one time a customer flushed a tampon down the toilet, and it clogged out grease trap in the basement. this caused a "soup" of poo poo/piss/rancid chicken grease to bubble up and flood the basement. we are talking ankle deep here.

i went down there with a shovel, a wet vac, mop and a bucket to clean it up. took me the better part of the day. you know what? it was my fondest memory of that place! for one shift i only had to deal with literal poo poo, and not the verbal poo poo that came out of the customers and managers. it was just me and the filth.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Kelp Me! posted:

Sup NJ buddy?

:hfive: my family is jersey af gently caress all haters

JewKiller 3000 posted:

when i worked retail the horrible customers were the best ones. if you're a normal person then i just have to do my normal job, which is mind numbingly boring. yes sir no sir thank you sir have a nice day sir. but if you start flipping out and yelling at me? well that's above my pay grade, i'm just a high school kid and i have no power to do what you want, let me call for the manager. he's 40 years old and this is his career. you think you're an rear end in a top hat in a bad mood, mr customer? ~enjoy~ :munch:

sure, if you've got a cool manager willing to go to bat for you- I'm lucky that my DM does now- but if they've got that corporate hand down their pants... you're probably never going to want to call them since they're just going to nod, apologize, and give the customer whatever they want including a free 5$ giftcard/blow job and you just have to sit there and watch as they smugly grin at you for getting the thing you never wanted to give them in the first place.

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 20, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Taken from the Cute thread in PYF:

AlmightyBob posted:

I've had customers get mad at me because I wouldn't do a return on something bought with a check 10 minutes after they bought it. You know, check kiting.

I still stuns me that the US takes cheques for things.

In Australia there's only two things you'd buy with a cheque - a car or a house.

You can use cash or card or get the gently caress out with that 18th century bullshit.

Starman Super DX posted:

Welp my GM wouldn't kick a guy out for following me home after work one night so

Can't lose customers even if they're literally making GBS threads on the floor or threatening employees

There was an article a few years ago about companies wising up to horrible customers like this and banning them because they realised that having to deal with their endless bullshit was costing them far more money than they were bringing in.

Sadly, it didn't seem to catch on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

working at KFC one time a customer flushed a tampon down the toilet, and it clogged out grease trap in the basement. this caused a "soup" of poo poo/piss/rancid chicken grease to bubble up and flood the basement. we are talking ankle deep here.

i went down there with a shovel, a wet vac, mop and a bucket to clean it up. took me the better part of the day. you know what? it was my fondest memory of that place! for one shift i only had to deal with literal poo poo, and not the verbal poo poo that came out of the customers and managers. it was just me and the filth.

Same with me and the Mcdonald's playplace. I would volunteer to clean it every time some kid pissed or poo poo in there. The power trip! Making people leave and complain and bitch while I got the entire thing to myself for 2-3 hours. 99% of the time, it was not poo poo, and even the piss was a tiny puddle.

Today, aptly enough, the mens' restroom was out of service because someone took a huge poo poo on the floor. Now, the restrooms are locked, so rear end in a top hat had to get the key, and then leave the key and run out quick. Since there are no cleaning supplies or mops, the manager had to call some special service for it. If I wasn't ready to go home when this happened, I might have volunteered....just let me change into some civvies and give me a bottle of loving bleach. I used to clean restrooms at a zoo with a bottle of bleach and a loving hose every night.

• Locked thread