Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tucking lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
you know, if hilldawg would have asked him, geoff hinton himself would've prolly volunteered for the campaign
or some of his legion of lackeys

lol hinton's dad was a labour stalinist if i recall correctly

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/surfbordt/status/876805235863408641

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

trump GOP approval down to 71% lol

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

curufinor posted:

there are way too many loving hypothesis tests in this loving thesis for this to be someone who actually has an AI background

the depressing way to look at that: lol AI kids don't know hypothesis tests
the less depressing way: lol hypothesis tests all loving designed for n=50 lol gently caress you if n=5 * 10^9

KS statistic, forex, is basically completely gently caress you if n = 5 * 10^9

well count me out, my intro to data science courses + graduate statistics didn't prepare me to talk about AI so

TRUMP

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought scalise getting neutered would have bigly helped trump but :shrug:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

lots of cows and corn, my man

summer berries just came in and the peaches will be here soon. they do surprisingly well in VT.

the New England peach harvest this year is fantastic. Georgia can suck a fat one

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

I told you, this article is loving amazing

im going to read it today now that im awake and aware :getin:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

ahahahahahah aye :(

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

tacodaemon posted:

here's another ridiculous rightwing meme i had somehow forgotten about

https://twitter.com/Nottinghams1/status/827953881602719745

Pat McCarran (D-NV)
Francis E. Walter (D-PA)

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Karen Handel will win. I'm sorry.

SORRY not sorry :cool:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lol

privately run micro-bus routes are the norm in like third world country cities where they can't get their poo poo together enough to have a properly running bus/transit system

USA USA USA

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
ok, elan kriegel's degrees are:

U Wisc-Madison BS, Math and Anthro
Columbia, MA, Quant Methods in the Social Sciences

I would rate the actual odds of guy with that sort of background knowing neural nets real well at 1%
nonparametric methods, sure, causal nets, sure

doing anything great with n = 5 * 10^9, lol prolly nah

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

looking forward to lyft pedicab

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

alnilam posted:

lol

privately run micro-bus routes are the norm in like third world country cities where they can't get their poo poo together enough to have a properly running bus/transit system

USA USA USA

in usa it's a way to have a bus for the wealthy so they don't have to ride with poors

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

:wrong:

yer not Dennis Rodman you hack

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

in usa it's a way to have a bus for the wealthy so they don't have to ride with poors

I know a guy who uses this in brazil

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-21/uber-lets-you-hail-a-helicopter-in-brazil-for-63

it is just so rich or mid rich people can fly through th sky on a helicopter instead of being near any poors

and we already got that service in the us

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

this real? because if so thats a mega lol

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

so like a jitney??? but with an modern featuring a ux/ui designed for millennials??

:wow:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I opened up my Uber app and selected the UberCopter option. The app even gives users the ability to share helicopter rides with others going their way, similar to UberPool. An UberX driver wearing black sunglasses picked me up. The UberCopter concierge called three times during the drive to coordinate my departure from the helipad. I was dropped at an air taxi company whose website markets “heligourmet" trips to the beach for 2,400 reais ($707). A receptionist served me espresso in a spacious lounge with plush couches until a porter grabbed my bags and whisked me into the helicopter.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Baloogan posted:

all things are real now https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/where-have-all-the-cameras-gone/530916/

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Baloogan posted:

maga lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

mdemone posted:

I don't give a gently caress what he thinks as long as he votes the way Nancy Pelosi tells him to vote.

"we're capitalists, and that's just the way it is"

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

he seemed so uncomfortable at the podium

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

"Mam, your uberDrone is here for transit. Please place uberHook outside at least 10 feet from the ground for your uberDrone to catch. Brought to you by McDonalds."

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
hmm, I wonder if the Ada Lovelace name will actually be helpful

there's a lot of adaptive optimization poo poo that gets Ada tacked on, AdaGrad being prolly most famous among them, it's all convex and optionally convex and near-convex poo poo that gets tacked on so sometimes it works alright for optimizing on causal models and poo poo

or it's a "woman computer science" dealio and only that. either way ofc it's that but hmm

lotta reportage of the poo poo going on in the model that would only make sense if you could marginalize the poo poo out of the model

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

real talk in pittsburgh eveyrone likes the bus but i've been to a lot of cities where idiot white people are terrified of the bus for some reason, people look at me very confusedly or try to convince me not to when i say i'm gonna take the bus somewhere or that i came on the bus

like they will ride literally any other sort of transit that doesn't have the word "bus" in it even if they are effectively the same (streetcar? sure; bus on same road? no way) but they will not touch the bus, that's how strong their aversion is

a while ago baltimore started 3 new bus lines that go through the more gentrified neighborhoods but they don't call it a bus they call it the "circulator" and therefore white people aren't afraid to use it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh3hxV3Azek

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

M2: Everything is true.
GP: Even false things?
M2: Even false things are true.
GP: How can that be?
M2: I don't know man, I didn't do it.

-- Principia Discordia

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Thatim posted:

Slow cooking is the laziest way of cooking

yeah it owns

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

praise god

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

white people love trolleys

call it a wheel trolley

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

The Bible sounds p. cool gonna check it out later.

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Introducing Lyft Tuk-Tuk and Lyft Rickshaw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

The Bible sounds p. cool gonna check it out later.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...r-miss-universe

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Hillary 2020 posted:

Pat McCarran (D-NV)
Francis E. Walter (D-PA)

Walter was a HUAC man and Pat McCarran was just a Bad Dem.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/06/butterfly-cabbage-white-vagina-dentata/530889/

quote:

As gifts go, the spermatophore is a substantial one. On average, each packet makes up an astonishing 13 percent of the male’s body weight. “Scientists who work on ejaculates will often show up to meetings with props,” says Morehouse. “I’ve never had it in me to bring a five-gallon bucket along. But that’s what we’re talking about [if you scale it up to human size]. It’s a water-cooler-sized ejaculate.”

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://twitter.com/icetsvu/status/877013175924903937

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

lol once again im in disbelief that he is president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra