Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I can think of at least one black dad who's a great dad. His wife's a goddamned saint too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Um actually Obama is gay and Michelle is a man and the kids are kidnapped from Chicago or whatever.

Smdh at your ignorance :rolleyes:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Oh right sorry wrong thread.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is it just me or is Freep getting worse than ever?

RagnarokAngel posted:

What I find fascinating is the decreased number of "it was a false flag!" Posts and an increase in "well by god this is a red blood white man doing what we've been calling for for years!".

Yeah, this is what I mean. Before, you could count on Freepers immediately decrying any actual violent reprisal against minority groups, even as they fantasized about doing the same themselves. But now, they're openly celebrating.

So either all of the cooler heads were chased off for not supporting Trump in the run-up to the 2016 election, or Trump's win has emboldened them all and allowed their dumb fear and hatred to become acceptable in polite society.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Welp, looks like I'm due for another FReep break.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Jay Rust posted:

So either all of the cooler heads were chased off for not supporting Trump in the run-up to the 2016 election, or Trump's win has emboldened them all and allowed their dumb fear and hatred to become acceptable in polite society.

It's both, really; anyone not fanatically loyal to Trump has long since been purged and now that they feel safe enough that Obama is not going to be sending Flash Mobs and/or UN Peacekeepers after them they can really start to let their fascist flag fly.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah, this is what I mean. Before, you could count on Freepers immediately decrying any actual violent reprisal against minority groups, even as they fantasized about doing the same themselves. But now, they're openly celebrating.

There is always more, and it is always worse.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

RagnarokAngel posted:

What I find fascinating is the decreased number of "it was a false flag!" Posts and an increase in "well by god this is a red blood white man doing what we've been calling for for years!".

Same thing happened with Breivik, in less than 24 hours it went from "kill all muslim scum" to "false flag" to "they pushed him too far" to "they weren't really children, it was a communist indoctrination camp for young men". I'm just shocked to see the same thing happen on social media. Things have changed a lot, fascists are feeling empowered and no longer feel shame about expressing their views publicly.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There is always more, and it is always worse.

Can we have that title back for old times sake?

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

Jay Rust posted:

... or Trump's win has emboldened them all and allowed their dumb fear and hatred to become acceptable in polite society.

Yes, hi, welcome to 2017.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

RagnarokAngel posted:

Jay Rust posted:

Freep remains the closest thing possible to a proper double-blind study on my compaction cycle theory.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

While Googling something unrelated, I came across an old Freep article from November 2001. Harvard Professor Makes Hip-Hop CD.

quote:

Harvard Professor Makes Hip-Hop CD

By Audie N. Cornish

Associated Press Writer

Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2001; 2:20 p.m. EST

BOSTON –– A slow, thumping bass fills the air and a sea of heads bobs with the music as the featured hip-hop artist – a middle-aged man wearing glasses and a black suit – unveils his latest rhymes.

Cornel West isn't the typical rapper, as the audience who gathered at Harvard University to hear his recent hip-hop debut knows well.

A prominent professor of African-American studies and philosophy at Harvard, West recently released his first album, "Sketches of My Culture," a mixture of rap and spoken word. He sees it as a way to deliver a message of pride in oneself and black history to people who may not get into Harvard or pick up his books.

"I don't fool myself and think I'm a hip-hopper or nothing," said West, whose influences run more to Aretha Franklin than Jay-Z. "The black musical tradition is the most precious tradition, and just to be a small part of it is a great honor."

The disc was released in September on Artemis Records. West's label mates include hardcore gangsta rapper Kurupt, and the Baha Men, famous for the anthem "Who Let the Dogs Out."

West's album is more of a valentine than a critique of the music that he believes is the raw reflection of black life in America. He admits he's only a beginner, and most of the album's tracks are typical hip-hop fare – strong base lines coupled with obscure samples, with the occasional comedy skit thrown in.

"It wasn't what I expected," said Nadine Adrien, 21, one of 200 people who crammed into a Harvard forum to hear the professor's musical debut. Since West wasn't a true rapper, she said, "it was O.K. for a first try."

The sight of West snapping his fingers and bobbing his trademark afro to the beat wasn't so surprising to those who know his lecture style – part poet, preacher and comedian.

West was one of the first black scholars to be named a University Professor, Harvard's highest faculty post and a designation held by only 14 of the 2,200 faculty members. He has written 15 books on race and culture, including the best-selling "Race Matters."

Unlike many hip-hop albums, "Sketches of My Culture" doesn't have a gaggle of cameo appearances from today's chart toppers – just the music of jazz and rap artists and producers from West's hometown of Sacramento, Calif.

But the professor is a hip-hop fan. West counts Lauryn Hill and Mos Def, whose content is among the more positive in rap, among his favorite contemporary artists. And he took part in last summer's Hip-Hop Summit in New York, mingling with rap's elite, such as Sean "P. Diddy" Combs and Russell Simmons.

West hopes his CD will inject some meaningful themes into a genre often dominated by songs glorifying money, drugs and sex.

"We can raise these questions to the artist. Don't you have some other things on your mind?" he said. "Because any serious artist will think about life – sometimes that dimension of life might be something that we disagree with, other times it will be something we agree with. We want the artist to grow."

Still this isn't the kind of album that senior economics major Marcel Armstrong expects to blare in his car.

"This is something to put on to think deeply about," said Armstrong, 21, of Brooklyn, N.Y. "It's more the lyrics then the melody or the beat. The beat just sets the platform for the lyrics – the message he's trying to get across."

© Copyright 2001 The Associated Press

What could Freep 16 years ago come up with for something that most people would barely glance up at?

quote:

To: Rebeckie
Cornel is a well-paid commie who fits in quite well at Haaaavard.
2 posted on 11/6/2001, 4:26:49 PM by ohioman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

How fast can we run into racism? Try the second reply.

quote:

Give me Classical or pop with such as the Beetles over jungle "mumbo jumbo" anytime..............
Harvard has become a joke since WWII.

3 posted on 11/6/2001, 4:27:34 PM by rmvh

quote:

To: rmvh
I admit there is some Hip-Hop I really dig, mostly the "trance" and "trip-hop" varieties. I even admit--reluctantly--to liking "The Roots."
7 posted on 11/6/2001, 4:33:45 PM by Illbay
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Get jiggy with it!

quote:

How come they didn't give the lyrics?
We be Harvard
All pink and red
Gettin' fat on Bin Laden bread
Nuff said?

Now, doncha be callin' no campus cop
'Cause we be marchin' til we drop
It's all peace and love-we gotta be free
That's why we banned the ROTC
Ya see?

We's Boston rich, but we loves da po'
And you might think I'm a Taliban Ho'
But we all just gotta hate The Man
So quit that bombin' Afghanistan
Get the demand?

9 posted on 11/6/2001, 4:45:55 PM by San Jacinto

Surprisingly, the Freep of the past still had some people who didn't abide by blatant racism. Don't worry, Skywalk changed his ways by 2016.

quote:

To: Illbay
What's wrong with the Roots? They play instruments, Rahzel can make any sound known to man with his voice box, and Black Thought is one of the top 5 lyricists in the biz.
I like all kinds of music, and will readily admit the talent differential that exists between a Ray Charles and Nelly, but I also don't like hearing people use the word "Jungle" or trot out the tired stand-bys like the Beatles. THere's reasons people listen to the music. I'll go from listening to a James Newton Howard composition from a film to Busta Rhymes in one sitting. You're not superior if you refuse to listen to hip hop.

Modern country music is the worst. The classic stuff is pretty good, though.

16 posted on 11/6/2001, 7:15:01 PM by Skywalk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

And finally, the most confused Republican ever to exist.

quote:

To: rightofrush
Being a minority myself, (Half-Korean, Half-Hawaiian) I find affirmitive action to be down-right offensive because it does not truly recognize the potential of the individual to succeed through hard work and diligence in life. Affirmative Action does nothing to empower the individual and it is insulting for anyone to think that my only ticket to get into college is because of my race and not really because of my brains.
29 posted on 11/8/2001, 11:40:21 AM by Rebeckie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

chitoryu12 posted:

While Googling something unrelated, I came across an old Freep article from November 2001. Harvard Professor Makes Hip-Hop CD.

What could Freep 16 years ago come up with for something that most people would barely glance up at?

How fast can we run into racism? Try the second reply.

Get jiggy with it!

Surprisingly, the Freep of the past still had some people who didn't abide by blatant racism. Don't worry, Skywalk changed his ways by 2016.

And finally, the most confused Republican ever to exist.

I checked most of the profiles on the first page cause I was curious how many have survived over the years. The vast majority have been banned/suspended. Confused Hawaiian-korean up there had every trace of his account deleted. The server couldn't even find the document. One of the only one still around today has a profile page that's like the pure id of a current freeper. I wish you could see profile page histories to see how they change over time as they get more and more unwell: http://www.freerepublic.com/~dead/

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 20, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jojoinnit posted:

I checked most of the profiles on the first page cause I was curious how many have survived over the years. The vast majority have been banned/suspended. Confused Hawaiian-korean up there had every trace of his account deleted. The server couldn't even find the document. One of the only one still around today has a profile page that's like the pure id of a current freeper. I wish you could see profile page histories to see how they change over time as they get more and more unwell: http://www.freerepublic.com/~dead/

There are some interesting images there....

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Prester Jane posted:

Freep remains the closest thing possible to a proper double-blind study on my compaction cycle theory.

Yo I know you're proud of the cult following you built on this stuff but you don't need to drag it in every thread.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yo I know you're proud of the cult following you built on this stuff but you don't need to drag it in every thread.

It's one of the most appropriate threads to talk about it in.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

Building and testing a model of the expansion and cross-association of right-wing reactionaries is a hell of a lot more significant than any of your contributions. Even if the model is wrong (and it sounds better and better every day), it gives us something to test and make predictions against. Come up with a better model about how reactionaries and associated groups function or... go kindly post about something else.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

This isn't really testing though it's just "yeah i guess it confirms my perceptions". This isn't even a "Double blind" test as there's no control, it's an observational study, which is often super dubious. That's before the fact that there's no set variables, no real hypothesis, and no way to measure what's being said.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

This isn't really testing though it's just "yeah i guess it confirms my perceptions". This isn't even a "Double blind" test as there's no control, it's an observational study, which is often super dubious. That's before the fact that there's no set variables, no real hypothesis, and no way to measure what's being said.

I agree with this criticism, however much like economics, the social sciences aren't always able to present the same level of rigour, simply because controlling for all the variables in the "experiment" (or even finding out what to measure) is often impossible. We can't really isolate some reactionaries, set them up with some alternative scenarios of how the world works and see if they retreat further into Narrativism. This doesn't reduce the need for an explanatory framework (or for the social sciences), it just makes it more difficult to pull apart all the confounding factors.

As for testing, I guess you could say that Prester Jane has made some predictions around how all of the Narrativist groups are going to react as events move forward. The best we can do is see if these predictions hold out (particularly in terms of alliances between different Narrativist groups) or attempt to understand what is incorrect about the model when they don't. A recent example of that is the Southern Baptists condemning racism. Southern Baptists seem like a good shoe-in for Alt-Right allies (they were major Trump voters, etc), but something seems to have kept them from embracing that path wholeheartedly. I don't really know enough about Evangelicals to speculate about why they may have done what they did, but it's a good point towards revising the model.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

My problem is Prester Jane generally speaks in very broad platitudes using a lot of buzzwords. I'm making conjecture but it seems a lot like the cult like environment she grew up rubbed off on her because she's using some similar (though ultimately not as harmful) techniques. Suckering in people with lofty promises of predicting an outgroup's behavior and future events, and using catchy buzz words to make it sound legitimate. The reality is for how many words she uses, her predictions are so vague that they can seemingly apply to anything the right does and verify the belief of people who are already sold on it.

She's using a lot of previous research around group thinking, filing off the serial numbers, and presenting it as her own work based on personal experience. That isn't science. You can feel it has some merit but don't claim it's a scientific undertaking worthy of the name. I'm aware that social sciences aren't as rigid as hard sciences, I'm getting a PhD. in psychology. You can't just present some framework and be like "hey maybe it's wrong, but it's better than nothing". You'd be laughed out of any scientific institution. It's like claiming creationism isn't a perfect explanation for why our ecosystem is like it is, but it's better than nothing. Nothing would be better than incorrect, unverified material.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 20, 2017

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Holy poo poo shut up I don't caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare.

North Korea Proves Your White Male Privilege Is Not Universal

quote:

To: Trump20162020
Asian’s do not blacks especially American blacks. But in typical communist fashion North Korea would use racial strife to push communism. Blacks in the media are too dumb to get in the end whites in western culture are their best bet for freedom and economic success. Most other places like North Korea would deal with a problem like in South Side of Chicago in a special way. BLM wouldn’t be tolerated either.

7 posted on 6/20/2017, 10:54:18 AM by snarkytart

quote:

To: marktwain
I know...no matter what the clowns talk about its something bad against we whiteys, no matter the subject...
white men in America get to study in school then go to work....

I'm sure most white men would like a free ride thru life like these black "athletes" plus their inner city do-nutins...

12 posted on 6/20/2017, 10:57:16 AM by cherry

quote:

I remember the Michael Fay case very clearly. I lived in Hong Kong at the time and visited Singapore regularly. Only a few entitled, SJW-type Americans thought the Singapore government was over the line, while most American expats and all others simply viewed the kid as a spoiled brat who deserved his punishment

Then president Bill Clinton got involved, for typical Clintonesque, PR reasons, turning it into an overwrought diplomatic event. To give him face, Singapore reduced the caning by half. I remember at the time I wanted the Singapore government to tell the Rapist-in-Chief to get stuffed, but they would never do that to a major ally

27 posted on 6/20/2017, 12:37:59 PM by PGR88

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

RagnarokAngel posted:

My problem is Prester Jane generally speaks in very broad platitudes using a lot of buzzwords. I'm making conjecture but it seems a lot like the cult like environment she grew up rubbed off on her because she's using some similar (though ultimately not as harmful) techniques. Suckering in people with lofty promises of predicting an outgroup's behavior and future events, and using catchy buzz words to make it sound legitimate. The reality is for how many words she uses, her predictions are so vague that they can seemingly apply to anything the right does and verify the belief of people who are already sold on it.

She's using a lot of previous research around group thinking, filing off the serial numbers, and presenting it as her own work based on personal experience. That isn't science. You can feel it has some merit but don't claim it's a scientific undertaking worthy of the name. I'm aware that social sciences aren't as rigid as hard sciences, I'm getting a PhD. in psychology. You can't just present some framework and be like "hey maybe it's wrong, but it's better than nothing". You'd be laughed out of any scientific institution. It's like claiming creationism isn't a perfect explanation for why our ecosystem is like it is, but it's better than nothing. Nothing would be better than incorrect, unverified material.

Yes, general theories and observations presented on the comedy website and forum something awful dot com by forumsposter Prester Jane should absolutely be heavily sourced with scholarly references and tested rigorously before being applied to the FReep observation thread. Or any other thread.

gently caress off.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

MANime in the sheets posted:

Yes, general theories and observations presented on the comedy website and forum something awful dot com by forumsposter Prester Jane should absolutely be heavily sourced with scholarly references and tested rigorously before being applied to the FReep observation thread. Or any other thread.

gently caress off.

Yo dog I wasn't the one who put out there that they were supposedly scientifically sound in the first place calm the balls down.

Here's a thing:

Spicer taking on new white house role

This got double posted:

quote:

To: Kaslin
Kimberly Gillfoyle! Brains and boobs!

3 posted on 6/19/2017, 7:39:06 PM by vette6387

quote:

To: Kaslin
For the life of me I don’t see why the White House doesn’t yank the credentials of the legacy media for the daily pressers. They’re not interested in the truth at all and they’re going to write whatever they want anyways.

4 posted on 6/19/2017, 7:41:07 PM by DouglasKC

haha gross:

quote:

To: vette6387
I agree - get a Fox hottie. Laura Ingram gets my vote

I think this is the hardest job in the world. Sean did a fine job at first, but he is too antagonistic. Sarah is the total opposite of Sean and therefore does well. I think better than Sean.

6 posted on 6/19/2017, 7:43:54 PM by Jimmy The Snake

quote:

To: DouglasKC
“For the life of me I don’t see why the White House doesn’t yank the credentials of the legacy media for the daily pressers. They’re not interested in the truth at all and they’re going to write whatever they want anyways.”

As much as I enjoy the threads that ridicule these pompous, self-important, arrogant a-hole reporters, I say the WH should end this daily song and dance and communicate with the American people through twitter and official WH press releases. F the MSM and their minions whose sole purpose is to take this President down! They are enemies of this country! It is high time DJT started really playing hard ball with them!!

15 posted on 6/19/2017, 8:14:40 PM by Batman11 ( The USA is not an ATM!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 20, 2017

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

Asian’s do not blacks especially American blacks. But in typical communist fashion North Korea would use racial strife to push communism. Blacks in the media are too dumb to get in the end whites in western culture are their best bet for freedom and economic success. Most other places like North Korea would deal with a problem like in South Side of Chicago in a special way. BLM wouldn’t be tolerated either. 

7 posted on 6/20/2017, 10:54:18 AM by snarkytart 

This post confused the gently caress outta me. Learn2english.

Pembroke Fuse posted:

We can't really isolate some reactionaries, set them up with some alternative scenarios of how the world works and see if they retreat further into Narrativism. 

Maybe we should tho :thunk:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

To: Hildy

How long is this going to go on? America will never be the same.

We turned the corner nine years ago. I'm afraid things will get worse before it gets better...if it gets better at all.

10 posted on 06/17/2017 9:10:19 PM PDT by Jagdgewehr (It will take blood.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

I'm pretty sure we "turned the corner" sometime back considering you fucks were all for sending death threats to that conservative judge from the dover case

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fathis Munk posted:

Good, I'm not the only one. It sounds like he's praising NK which is just dumb. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't put up with his poo poo either

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

BREAKING: Trump Supporter Stabbed By Armenian Gang Member After Being Identified As Conservative

quote:

A Trump supporter was stabbed and is currently in critical condition in Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center after being identified as a conservative and subsequently stabbed by an Armenian gang member. .... After noticing these stickers, the Armenian gang member is reported to have walked back to his car before re-approaching Mr. Foreman. The car’s other passengers stepped out of the vehicle wielding knives. Within in a matter of minutes, Mr. Foreman was stabbed nine times right before one of the gang members screamed, “I’m going to shank you whiteboy!”

quote:

To: Mechanicos
Oh man, I wish to hell that happened to me. “I’m going to shank you white boy” “Say hello to the 2nd amendment Mr. Armenian.”

4 posted on 6/20/2017, 2:06:15 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hillary Clinton IS a felon)

quote:

What color are Armenians these days?

6 posted on 6/20/2017, 2:11:06 AM by piasa

quote:

To: snarkytart
The Armenians of SoCal are one of the great success stories of immigration. Productive, family oriented, very christian, and old fashioned values.

suspect these are azeri gangs

9 posted on 6/20/2017, 2:19:20 AM by vooch (America First)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

To: vooch
You’d think they’d be more right wing considering what the muzzie did to their people in Turkey.

11 posted on 6/20/2017, 2:21:06 AM by snarkytart
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

quote:

Oh man, I wish to hell that happened to me. “I’m going to shank you white boy” “Say hello to the 2nd amendment Mr. Armenian.” 

4 posted on 6/20/2017, 2:06:15 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hillary Clinton IS a felon) 
Ugh even their power fantasies sound lame.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

To: snarkytart
The Armenians of SoCal are one of the great success stories of immigration. Productive, family oriented, very christian, and old fashioned values.

suspect these are azeri gangs

9 posted on 6/20/2017, 2:19:20 AM by vooch (America First)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

i suspect this guy is armenian

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Kurtofan posted:

i suspect this guy is armenian

quote:

To: piasa
Armenian=media code word for Islamist

16 posted on 6/20/2017, 2:49:42 AM by 4Runner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Edit: The plot thickens:

quote:

There is nothing at all in the article to indicate the ethnic origin of the attackers, such as a name or anything. Were they ever caught? We are not told. Is it possible that a anti-Christian reporter inserted that "detail" to make the Armenians look bad, without proof? Armenian are the first Christian nation on earth and are close allies of the Russians. This reminds me of when the Serbs were accused of the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993 because ... well, Serbs.
As an analogy, Doctor Death / Dr. Kevorkian who promoted assisted suicide was always referred to as "Armenian", when the truth is that he was from a Jewish family that had lived IN Armenia. Could today's event be a people FROM Armenia who aren't ethnically Armenian?

21 posted on 6/20/2017, 3:05:57 AM by wildandcrazyrussian

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
RagnaraokAngel believe it or not I hear you on the potential for my upbringing to have impacted the way I think and although this certainly is not the thread for it I am a good deal more open to having a discussion about that topic than you might imagine. However (as I am certain you can understand given your education) in order for me to have that conversation I would need to first believe that my interlocutor was acting in good faith. And this:

RagnarokAngel posted:

does not leave me with the impression that you are interested in discussing the topic in good faith. Rather, it leaves me with the impression that you have gone out of your way to try to provoke me because you are taking umbrage to my participation in the thread. Your followup justification of "well she might just be creating a cult without realizing it because her past may have left her with very little agency over her actions" is equally unproductive from my perspective.

For the most part I try and avoid commenting on situations like this because I personally loathe being the topic of discussion as opposed to my work being the topic of discussion. But in this case I wanted to clarify that I hear the underlying substance of what you are trying to say RagnarokAngel and think there might even be an opportunity for a conversation that could help me improve my self awareness- but to have that conversation it would need to start off on a completely different note than this one has.

Edit:

Mustached Demon posted:

PSA: please keep the bickering, no matter how benign, out of this thread. It's bad enough we read and discuss Freep. Besides, it's what the op would have wanted.

Completely agreed. This post will be my only comment on the matter.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 20, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PSA: please keep the bickering, no matter how benign, out of this thread. It's bad enough we read and discuss Freep. Besides, it's what the op would have wanted.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Anything on trump calling the house healthcare bill "mean"?

I'm going to guess fake news is the top response

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fathis Munk posted:

Magic!! Magic!!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Magic!! Magic!!

One of the best thread titles. It somehow made even less sense in context :psyduck:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Georgia Peach posted:

As those elderly sausage fingers let loose of the rascal throttle and fumbled his jacket for the gun.

Not to pull a freep "Lies" thing, but I'm willing to wager it went down because said Trumpet was busy mouthing off/flashing the finger at said thugs

quote:

There is nothing at all in the article to indicate the ethnic origin of the attackers, such as a name or anything. Were they ever caught? We are not told. Is it possible that a anti-Christian reporter inserted that "detail" to make the Armenians look bad, without proof? Armenian are the first Christian nation on earth and are close allies of the Russians. This reminds me of when the Serbs were accused of the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993 because ... well, Serbs.
As an analogy, Doctor Death / Dr. Kevorkian who promoted assisted suicide was always referred to as "Armenian", when the truth is that he was from a Jewish family that had lived IN Armenia. Could today's event be a people FROM Armenia who aren't ethnically Armenian?

21 posted on 6/20/2017, 3:05:57 AM by wildandcrazyrussian

Because never would an immigrant group ever be upset by a supporter of a politician that is heavily anti-immigrant.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 20, 2017

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Is there a single thing in this world that these idiots won't try to wrangle through their dumb identity politics grinder? Two dogs loving in the street is probably an anti-muslim protest for these people, cause Muslims HATE it when there are more dogs in the world.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Freep: What color are Armenians these days?

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

UN says world population will reach 9.8 billion in 2050

quote:

To: Olog-hai
With most living (on Welfare) in the US...

3 posted on 6/21/2017, 9:54:58 PM by Cowboy Bob

quote:

To: Olog-hai
The left will have completed their global utopian hell on Earth by then. I won’t be here to see it. That works for me.

6 posted on 6/21/2017, 10:00:45 PM by bluejean (The lunatics are running the asylum)

quote:

To: bluejean
You really think God’s going to let them win like that?

9 posted on 6/21/2017, 10:07:54 PM by Olog-hai ("No Republican, no matter how liberal, is going to woo a Democratic vote." -- Ronald Reagan, 1960)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

God hates it when mankind is fruitful and multiples, and really hates it when we take care of the poor.