Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

FBS posted:

https://twitter.com/NicholsOnHockey/status/876911008484175872

Not only would this be heartbreaking for us Jets fans, Enstrom seems like an objectively worse value than Dano given his remaining term and NMC.

Hopefully Dreger is full of poo poo.

Vegas won't keep everyone they take, and Enstrom's contract is up after next season. They might take him, then work out a trade to somewhere he'd want to go for futures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
so people won't get their jerseys until October?

also only 5,000 of them lol wtf

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Lessail posted:

so people won't get their jerseys until October?

also only 5,000 of them lol wtf

What?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/SinBinVegas/status/876913035381686272

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

This is the secret grand prize for the draft game. No I'm not telling you how to win it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
lol this fuckin team is the gift that keeps giving

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Write your own article sin bin guy

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Curious about "store elements based on the Knights of the Round Table."

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Also 5,000 jerseys is real dumb but I'm a sucker and will put my name down online. I work normal hours so I doubt I'll have a shot in-store tomorrow.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

pizza valentine posted:

Also 5,000 jerseys is real dumb but I'm a sucker and will put my name down online. I work normal hours so I doubt I'll have a shot in-store tomorrow.

I'll try to but I dunno if I'll make the cut

Hand Knit posted:

make the round table in the shape of a rink imo

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the BLACKGOLD knights

also lol at the helmet being the only thing gold. good job skirting around the trademark problems that way

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

big ole turkey legs like medieval times

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NewsdaySports/status/876935524266725376

This'll be interesting if it happens.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

They must be giving up a ton for Vegas to not take Nelson, Strome or DeHaan

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

pizza valentine posted:

the note does say 5000 authentic jerseys. replicas will probably be available (maybe?)

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The story has been edited two times now, with the second one still pending, to change from Vegas taking kulemin to the first edit being Vegas taking one of kulemin, hickey, or halak.

Who knows what that second edit will say but this deal is what I was expecting all along and why it's pointless to freak out before all the details of this process are on the table

There's still a small chance garth messed this up but the more that comes out the more it seems like he done good

E: https://twitter.com/stapenewsday/status/876949236897767424

Iodised QQ fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 20, 2017

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Third revision of the story is up now - http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...-say-1.13748697

quote:

Islanders dealing first-round pick to Vegas, also likely trading Mikhail Grabovski to expansion franchise, sources say

It would be fitting if Grabovski and Kulemin went together since they joined the Isles as a duo. That's even better than the initial deal if true.

This only has any merit because the author of this is literally the only person who the Isles give any info to. There's a good chance his first draft gave too much away by naming Kulemin directly and he got a chewing out by Garth.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Maybe the Islanders wouldn't have to give up so much if they hadn't decided to protect Adam loving Pelech over De Haan, Hickey or Nelson.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I just want a Petr Mrazek shirt-zee.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

grack posted:

Maybe the Islanders wouldn't have to give up so much if they hadn't decided to protect Adam loving Pelech over De Haan, Hickey or Nelson.

What's giving up so much? Grabovski is a cap dump who hasn't played in 2 years due to concussions. He's done and if they shed his contract it's a big win. Hickey sucks so he's not a loss at all if he's the one they take.

They couldn't protect all of Brock Nelson, Calvin de Haan, and Ryan Strome, so the only issue is if you think the 15th pick in a terrible draft has more value than them any of them. I don't think that it does so if the deal is as speculated here it's a huge win.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Ya'll realize that it's 5k jersey's sold in the team store and NHL.com/sporting good's stores are going to be placing orders that will be fulfilled by Adidas right?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

grack posted:

if they worked out a deal that gets grabovski off their hands and ensures vegas takes kulemin (or hickey i guess?) then it doesn't really matter who was or wasn't on their list. they were going to have to expose 2-3 good players no matter what

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Taking Kulemin and Grabovski for a 1st seems like a pretty lovely deal when Vegas could just pick Nelson/de Haan and then demand picks for cap dumps anyways. Unless the Islanders are offering a 2018 first...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

eXXon posted:

Taking Kulemin and Grabovski for a 1st seems like a pretty lovely deal when Vegas could just pick Nelson/de Haan and then demand picks for cap dumps anyways. Unless the Islanders are offering a 2018 first...

Maybe they're offering supplemental picks but not a first? Like a 1st this year, plus a 3rd, 4th and 5th in next year's draft?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Maybe they're offering supplemental picks but not a first? Like a 1st this year, plus a 3rd, 4th and 5th in next year's draft?

That would still be awful. Most of these rumoured deals sound terrible for Vegas

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Yeah that's why I was curious at grack's response above. If the deal really is something close to pick 15 this year for Vegas to take Grabovski's contract off their hands and to pick one of kulemin or hickey that's a loving steal for the isles.

No matter how their protection list shook out, if there was no deal they're gonna lose de Haan or Nelson. I'd give the 15 pick for either of them in a heartbeat and then shedding Grabovski's contract on top of it allows them to go after whoever they want in trades.

But again, who knows what the final deal truly is, so no point in analyzing it too deeply yet.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Shedding Grabovski's contract isn't actually really that big of a deal because he's likely to be on LTIR for the duration of it and won't count against the cap. Unless the Islanders did something stupid like not getting the contract insured which, well, I wouldn't put it past them.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So when does this stupid circus of a draft happen?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Martytoof posted:

So when does this stupid circus of a draft happen?

Wednesday, during the award show. It's all a big stupid ruse to get us to pay attention to the NHL awards.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
They're for sure going to announce it in the most irritating way possible, like 3 players between each award or something.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Wednesday, during the award show. It's all a big stupid ruse to get us to pay attention to the NHL awards.

Well I guess I get the last laugh by not watching :colbert:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Zeeman posted:

They're for sure going to announce it in the most irritating way possible, like 3 players between each award or something.

quote:

"The way it'll work is the Awards and the Expansion Draft will be integrated into one another," NHL Executive Vice President/Creative Development & Programming and Executive Producer Steve Mayer, the man leading the event presentation portion of the evening, said.

"We'll start with the Ted Lindsay Award, which is handed out to the most valuable player as voted by the players. That's how we're going to start out the show.

"Then we're going to go in the second segment into the Expansion Draft. Then we'll come back and we'll do a few awards…and then we'll come back to the Expansion Draft. It will ping pong a bit."

As Mayer detailed, the plan isn't to allot one part of the evening to the NHL Awards, and another to the Expansion Draft. He says that the two will be mixed together.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ah so the worst way possible. Good job NHL.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Maybe they'll try to tie them into each other.

"Erik Karlsson is up for the Norris trophy, but first, let's find out if he'll need a new defence partner next year!"

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I don't expect any less from these people really.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Do they realize you can just follow like Bob McKenzie or any number of other hockey writers to get the same information without having to watch that crap?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

A Typical Goon posted:

That would still be awful. Most of these rumoured deals sound terrible for Vegas

Yeah, I get that McPhee has to have a working relationship with these GMs after taking a player from their roster, but he could be holding their feet to the fire a little more. A mid 1st to take Kulemin and the contract of Grabovski instead of Brock Nelson/Ryan Strome/De Haan seems like poor value. I'm not sure what Anaheim is offering them to not take Vatanen/Manson, but it won't be close to the value of having that player either on their roster or as a trading chip

Of course, all of these deals are still just rumors until they happen, so who knows

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith/status/877196985954172928

Another potential protection deal.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's something very appropriate about a team from Vegas, which the mafia had a big hand in helping build into a tourist attraction, basically shaking down teams for assets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Mike_V posted:

Do they realize you can just follow like Bob McKenzie or any number of other hockey writers to get the same information without having to watch that crap?

More like, don't the people who complain about the presentation format realize this?

• Locked thread