Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Corrode posted:

loving WAACer cheese monkeys considering whether Thing A works better than Thing B

I better not tell him about razorspam 200 rerolling, S5 or better, shots a turn list.

Or that Tau missilecommand drone list

Or the Ad mech robots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

ijyt posted:

It was the defining trait of Tau, which are now knock off, sub par Guard.

Okay I've gotta hear about this. Removing JSJ I get but why not just nerf the riptide to hell? Also are Breachers a thing now? Would totally field Tau just to use a fuckload of breachers.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

ijyt posted:

You've actually played this game?

Nah. Much like yourself, I mainly just shitpost.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Nah. Much like yourself, I mainly just shitpost.

:hf:

Bombogenesis posted:

Okay I've gotta hear about this. Removing JSJ I get but why not just nerf the riptide to hell? Also are Breachers a thing now? Would totally field Tau just to use a fuckload of breachers.

I'm just mad because I was comfortable with the rules as they had been since basically 3rd and I don't have time to figure out which lovely painted unit to not even put on the table. Breachers were always good.

JBP posted:

The most unique aspect of my army is it's lovely 7th edition rules everyone is glad are dead and gone.

JSJ has been a thing for much longer lammo.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Bombogenesis posted:

why not just nerf the riptide to hell?

they did

rip in pieces triptide

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

ijyt posted:

JSJ has been a thing for much longer lammo.

Yeah I can sympathize with this, it's been a core component of them forever. But removing bad mechanics makes the game better, tau have been compensated for the loss imo

I think the problem is tau have been at the top for a long time and are now in the middle

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Zuul the Cat posted:

Crosspostin' my finished LT.

Stop posting your beautiful Howling Griffons. I don't need to pick that as the color scheme for my new Primaris force.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Like the Riptide nerf feels like they thought the base model count is three, so it just feels like it hurts people like me more. A mortal wound every time you overcharge is also a bit poo poo, extra poo poo from a fluff perspective.

"We fixed that bug with the reactor overcharge! We've made sure it does in fact cook the pilot every time rather than most of the time."

chutche2 posted:

Yeah I can sympathize with this, it's been a core component of them forever. But removing bad mechanics makes the game better, tau have been compensated for the loss imo

I think the problem is tau have been at the top for a long time and are now in the middle

I don't think it's a bad mechanic though, Invisibility was a bad mechanic, allies was a bad mechanic. Letting a unit compensate for its relatively short range weapons and letting it represent the fluff on the tabletop is fine.

But now crisis suits way too expensive for what they do. I won't stop using them but they sure as hell won't be around for long.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dexefiend posted:

Stop posting your beautiful Howling Griffons. I don't need to pick that as the color scheme for my new Primaris force.

Join me in the madness.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

May I suggest Crimson Fists as the obvious best Chapter (Blood Angels in close second place)

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

May I suggest Crimson Fists as the obvious best Chapter (Blood Angels in close second place)

You almost convinced me to do Crimson Fists instead of Howling Griffons. But I had McDonald's that day, and here we are.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I am in a bit of analysis paralysis about picking a chapter. Are the chapter rules enough to make/break an army?

Also, is there a definite 'best' special weapon and heavy weapon for tactical squads? I am looking at bits and Kromlech stuff.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Corrode posted:

That's a weird way to spell Raptors.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

What the gently caress is a chapter? I thought Space Marines came in legions.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Don't purge me or my son ever again

Corrode posted:

The best chapters are either wearing blue or are Imperial Fist successor chapters, and Crimson Fists fit both criteria.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Naramyth posted:

That's a weird way to spell Raptors.

This guy gets it.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

SRM posted:

:perfect:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Corrode posted:

Wow this is stupid

It was a drunk post that I gave up on and went to sleep. Woke up, back still on fire, angry, :justpost:

chutche2 posted:

...In this case, it's actually more about which list I find cooler. than about table advantage....

...I could be cheap and fit in my 3 mortars for 27 points to open up that heavy support slot but that feels kinda bullshit...

...If I was trying to be a munchkin you better loving believe I wouldn't be using Vaylund Cal.

Fair points, I think I still stuck on the whole "kills 7 'stealers per turn" and that sting of discussion. Mathhammer is a good guidepost but applying it to far becomes pedantic.

E:

?
WAAC?

WAACer?

DiHK fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 20, 2017

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Fuegan posted:

This guy gets it.

:911::respek::911:

Played with a knight and 50 grey hunter rhino rush with two wolf lords last night against a character spam chaos list with 20 khone dogs, some havocs, some blood letters and a heldrake. The knight is as swingy as before. Lots of outcome with only a few dice rolls. Stomps are pretty solid, giving it a lot of swings against little stuff. Relying on a 10 melta guns and a battle cannon doesn't really do work even with the ocean of S4 in front of it. Smite out of 3 sorcerers was pretty wild. They wound up doing some work, then exploding their heads. The player of the game was definitely the heldrake. it's pretty durable and can go and charge all sorts of crap with it's 30" move. I'd run two of those all the time in any chaos list.

Seeing smite do some work makes me want to break out the GK. I do have to get my act together with what I want to play. We are hosting a GT in under a month and I'm going to out of town next weekend and out of the country for a week so I won't get a lot of games before hand.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 20, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Multiple smiting models per turn is brutal yeah. It's rough losing things like terminators and dreadnoughts to it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm really looking forward to seeing my first perils of the warp that involves a psyker exploding and dragging all the dudes around him into space hell.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

SRM posted:

I'm really looking forward to seeing my first perils of the warp that involves a psyker exploding and dragging all the dudes around him into space hell.

That happened in my very first game of 8th. My librarian blew up, putting 3 wounds on a trygon prime and killing 2 genestealers and a terminator.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

I was a command point re-roll away from losing Mephiston to perils in the middle of a group of Ork boys in my last game. In retrospect I probably should have just let him die.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

It was the defining trait of Tau, which are now knock off, sub par Guard.

At least piranhas are really good now :shrug:

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
I'm finishing up my Toxicrene hopefully today, and it features a dead Howling Griffons Terminator underfoot. Otherwise, it's been fun to go back to bits kits and make more mining equipment for Deep Ones.

One-time offer: I just stripped a fuckload of Tyranid Warriors (not all of which have arms) and had difficulty detaching the arms from the cyanoacrylate glue. I could keep cleaning them up, but I'd as soon trade them for funding to pick up some NIB/NOS, so:

Does anyone want to buy/trade for some Tyranid Warriors? First swing here before I hit /r/MiniSwap and Bartertown.

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 20, 2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

SRM posted:

The best chapters are either wearing blue or are Imperial Fist successor chapters, and Crimson Fists fit both criteria.

Do you still have your Fists? I loved those.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

This is my ideal Warhammer experience.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

SRM posted:

That's what happened last night. His dude perils while exploding my rhino, he then exploded killing my wolf lord and a herald of khorne. A+ would warhammer again

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Another image dump for my Imperial Fists photographed in my new lightbox:

ELITES

Apothecary:

Company Ancient:

Company Champion:

Company Veterans:

Dreadnought (A):

Dreadnought (B):

Ironclad Dreadnought:

Sternguard Veterans:

Terminator Squad (Assault):

Terminator Squad (Tactical):

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS

Rhino (A):

Rhino (B):

Razorback (A):

Razorback (B):

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Those dirty Imperial Fists look great man. Bet they look great on the tabletop.

Corrode posted:

Do you still have your Fists? I loved those.
I was actually just looking through them for nostalgia's sake a minute ago! I have trouble fielding older armies that aren't painted to the standard I paint to now because I'm such a stickler for aesthetics, so they haven't seen the tabletop in a while. It's interesting looking at how the army progressed over 3 years of painting though, and those were the 3 years I evolved the most as a painter.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Geoff Zahn posted:

Saw some pages back some people had a snap-fit Primaris model. How do you get one of those?

Also I'm real sad that Frontline Gaming hasn't shipped my copy of Dark Imperium yet. I need my fix :orks:

It's the new in store painting demo model.

I did a video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyISnIBMweo

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

SRM posted:

Those dirty Imperial Fists look great man. Bet they look great on the tabletop.

Thanks man. I'm really happy with the way they came out. Paint Vagrant and Matt Susalka did a drat fine job.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Yeah, me too. Gonna pick up a couple Primaris Librarians once they come out.

Speaking of Primaris, has anyone heard of any rumored prices for the Repulsor and new Dread?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

At least piranhas are really good now :shrug:

Yeah this is rad, I love those. I got good use of them in 6/7 anyway as tank hunters speeding around.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

berzerkmonkey posted:

I think they're more like pointed hooves.

It also looks like it's space vaping.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Zuul the Cat posted:

Yeah, me too. Gonna pick up a couple Primaris Librarians once they come out.

Speaking of Primaris, has anyone heard of any rumored prices for the Repulsor and new Dread?

I wonder if that will be a thing. Psykers are mutants, and I think primaris marines are supposed to decrease mutations.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

I wonder if that will be a thing. Psykers are mutants, and I think primaris marines are supposed to decrease mutations.

Of course it'll be a thing. GW likes money, and people (me) don't want some short stack of a librarian hanging out with the new tall cool kids.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SRM posted:

I thought you had an ork army

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

How is the Perry Miniatures scale compared to GWs? I know 28mm and GW 28mm don't always look right together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I know I read a rumor that one of the first Primaris characters released would be a Librarian, for what it's worth.