Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dlo is going to be better than ball so this trade is going to be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Normally I'd say aw heck about the '18 Lakers pick if PG goes to the Lakers but that would mean, like euphronius said, that Ball would be gone at #2 and Josh Jackson, son of Phil Jackson, would be available at #3 and therefore Kristaps Porzingis.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'd rather trade #2 than Russell, but I'm completely fine trading Russel and #28 for PG

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If that trade is real it's a fantastic return on nothing but the ability to pay Paul George more money. Jeff Teague sucks and I heard he hit a gas main with a shovel, and dropped a lantern that ignited the trapped gas, he was sent to an early grave. I wonder if they'll trade his dead bones, it's macabre, but this is business.

Shear Modulus posted:

also i thought fitbit had gone out of business

You're thinking backwards, fitbit bought out its competitors

Also Disney is sponsoring the Orlando Magic, to make them cornier and stupider than they already are. Jersey sponsorship is a gateway to Hades

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 20, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Metapod posted:

Dlo is going to be better than ball so this trade is going to be hilarious

That's what I'm hoping for, but this Pacers franchise can't have nice things.

Now I'm seeing this

Rotoworld posted:

Reports around the league indicate that the Lakers are unwilling to part ways with the No. 2 pick in the 2017 NBA draft for PG-13, but they are reportedly willing to offer a package that would include the likes of Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle and the No. 28 pick. The Lakers will likely be coming in with low-ball offers given that George has made it known that his desire would be to sign with Los Angeles as an unrestricted free agent in 2018, but there is reportedly some fear amongst the Laker execs that his attitude towards Los Angeles could shift if he's traded to a winning team this summer.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 20, 2017

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

pubic works project posted:

That's what I'm hoping for, but this Pacers franchise can't have nice things.

They never won a title but they came near contention for a minute or two and had one of the more distinct teams that went toe-to-toe with LeBron, all things must die

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

In lieu of a patch Orlando should just get Disney to design their jerseys, a-la the Anaheim Ducks back in the day

Also if there is any truth to that rumor that Suns were willing to give up #4 for Love, if I was Indiana I'd much rather have that than D'Angelo Russell. Theres at least a chance of a franchise type player with the #4 while I don't see Russell becoming that sort of player

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Trading any core piece for PG seems like a bad idea for LA when you have a fair shot at grabbing him for free in a year and you aren't expecting to win now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is dlo a core piece.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

WhyteRyce posted:

Trading any core piece for PG seems like a bad idea for LA when you have a fair shot at grabbing him for free in a year and you aren't expecting to win now

Yeah but waiting until next year to sign him would be the Lakers just begging to become the butt of a 'life comes at you fast' meme.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's gonna be funny watching the lakers just be a mediocre team with Paul George + some dudes for x years. Guess they'd attract some FAs but still
Good for the west too, we could use more fringe playoff teams

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Orlando's colours are kinda similar to all the Frozen merch, looking forward to Elsa being the most sold Orlando jersey next year.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

euphronius posted:

Is dlo a core piece.
I still think he should be but it's pretty obvious the Lakers want to move on.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

Is dlo a core piece.

He definitely was under the previous management, but right now, no one loving knows and Magic is best friends with Byron Scott who hates him for no reason

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

In lieu of a patch Orlando should just get Disney to design their jerseys, a-la the Anaheim Ducks back in the day

Also if there is any truth to that rumor that Suns were willing to give up #4 for Love, if I was Indiana I'd much rather have that than D'Angelo Russell. Theres at least a chance of a franchise type player with the #4 while I don't see Russell becoming that sort of player

Russell is going to be at least Conley good imo

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Metapod posted:

at least? That's uh, extremely high floor there.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

at least? That's uh, extremely high floor there.

That was my point

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
My friend Metapod can see the future.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I there are a few reasons to hate dlo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whoa this thread is extremely lit in the offseason

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Off-season will be lit through the middle of July at least

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Everyone goes on vacation last few weeks of July and august

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm happy with Randle (perfect pair with Turner) or DLo along with a pick. With the current leverage of course.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I doubt randle has much value at all. He's only got one year left .

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dlo did nothing wrong

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

what odds will yall give me on the spurs' jersey sponsor being HEB

It's HEB or DoD

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Lol why the gently caress do the knicks want to trade zing

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

ex post facho posted:

Phil Jackson

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ex post facho posted:

He's unlikely to resign an extension

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/877254776773365760

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

Based on...

I follow the knicks irregularly for humor purpoes and havent seen anything othet than him skipping exit interviews that suggests hebwouldnt sign an extension

Prtty sure this is just Knicks Knickin'

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I'm shaking

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

He can't be a free agent for three years and that includes the unlikely event where he accepts the QO after the second yeear.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Metapod posted:

I'm shaking

PG for Russ who says no? :haw:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Metapod posted:

That's a bold prediction.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ex post facho posted:

Based on...

I follow the knicks irregularly for humor purpoes and havent seen anything othet than him skipping exit interviews that suggests hebwouldnt sign an extension

Prtty sure this is just Knicks Knickin'

I was just giving you a reason why they'd trade him

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

I was just giving you a reason why they'd trade him

its a bad reason because in 2 years he is a restricted free agent. Unless he want's to sabotage his earning potential he is stuck in New York for a long time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They'd know if he's open to an extension next year.

His trade value is *likely* highest before he becomes a rfa. So the decision is not years away no

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hurry up and do it Pacers, plunge the dagger into my heart like that Saving Private Ryan scene. I want to move on and wish the best for just players I like and hop on the Embiidwagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

euphronius posted:

They'd know if he's open to an extension next year.

His trade value is *likely* highest before he becomes a rfa. So the decision is not years away no

They have like 6 years of control over him right now. Trading him because he might not sign a contract AFTER his RFA one seems really dumb. Unless he takes a QO instead of a max contract but literally no one has ever done that. I don't think his value is dropping because I doubt teams are planning on clearing cap for 2023 already.

• Locked thread