Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Missing the Camry dent though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

davebo posted:

I also thought it was funny that Jackie Chan owns two LMP2 cars now that came in first and I think third in their class.

Not just first in their class, but they put the LMP2 on the overall podium for what I think is the first time ever.

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004
Washed and hand-waxed the AMC today. WAS supposed to clean the garage but it turned into a car day. Got the air-shocks working in the rear too! Sits waaay better now. I might hit the wax again later tonight.

Purdy...

Has a few dents. Will see if I can pop some out. Most don't appear to be creased too badly.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Memento posted:

Not just first in their class, but they put the LMP2 on the overall podium for what I think is the first time ever.

And first time ever a lower category has lead the race overall at one point during the race until Porsche caught up.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Finger Prince posted:

And first time ever a lower category has lead the race overall at one point during the race until Porsche caught up.

Yeah, they weren't too upset when they got passed. They knew it was only a matter of time once the Porsche started flying. Second overall at Le Mans in a lower class is something to be very proud of, even if it was due to attrition.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Slack3r posted:

Washed and hand-waxed the AMC today. WAS supposed to clean the garage but it turned into a car day. Got the air-shocks working in the rear too! Sits waaay better now. I might hit the wax again later tonight.

Purdy...

Has a few dents. Will see if I can pop some out. Most don't appear to be creased too badly.

Good thing it's got lots of cargo space to store all the knickers that'll be thrown in your direction when you drive by.

:dong:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iospace posted:

Yeah, they weren't too upset when they got passed. They knew it was only a matter of time once the Porsche started flying. Second overall at Le Mans in a lower class is something to be very proud of, even if it was due to attrition.

Surviving attrition is one of the whole points of endurance racing, so to me there's nothing wrong with taking full credit.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IOwnCalculus posted:

Surviving attrition is one of the whole points of endurance racing, so to me there's nothing wrong with taking full credit.

Yup! When the pass happened, they had a frown for all of a second before the smiled knowing they had lead Le Mans in a slower car for over an hour.

Also a special mention to more awesome AI stuff: one of the teams had a bad starter. The solution?

Percussive maintenance. I'm not joking. And they did this every pit stop because you have to shut the engine off for each one.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Watching that guy go to work with a hammer and a three-foot half-inch-drive extension was one of the highlights of my evening.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

90s Camrys. For when you want a car that will run forever and you can still see out of it.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Memento posted:

Watching that guy go to work with a hammer and a three-foot half-inch-drive extension was one of the highlights of my evening.

Its nice to see that even in multi million dollar racing they still have to deal with the same bullshit we have to occasionally.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

http://www.stanceiseverything.com/2017/05/wtf-friday-meanwhile-in-iowa-a-hot-rod-porsche/

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

:captainpop:

That is amazing and I hope some 911 owners club guys see it and it makes them question their life choices.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If your car pisses off the purists, you probably did the right thing.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Slack3r posted:

Purdy...

Poast.

A.

Thread.

:swoon:
edit: Stealing this :cheers:

scuz fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 19, 2017

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

xzzy posted:

Square headlights / worst Wrangler

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

DeMuro chat: he listed his Viper on BAT. :allears:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

BigPaddy posted:

:captainpop:

That is amazing and I hope some 911 owners club guys see it and it makes them question their life choices insane with rage.

FTFY

xzzy posted:

DING! DING! DING!

The only thing I really don't like about is that a no-fender rod to me needs to have the front axle leading the way. They always look awkward and unbalanced with anything ahead of the axle. And maybe shove the engine back about a foot. I'm not fond of street signs as patching material, but that's mainly because it's been done to death. I'll allow it, because "rat".

NoWake posted:

Square headlights / worst Wrangler

As far as I can tell, if that 911 was a 996, most would consider this an improvement.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

My wife got rid of her 2003 Tanmry and I kinda miss it for weird reasons. It was definitely long in tooth and I despise car romantics but it really was a part of our lives.

RIP Tanmry. Your bumper dents, peeling Planet Express sticker on the gas cap, and hacked in manual drivers seat mod will be missed through the rose purplish bubbling tinted lenses of nostalgia.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

As far as I can tell, if that 911 was a 996, most would consider this an improvement.

I'm assuming it's the same one that used to be a dually. I can't imagine there are 2 of those running aroound out there. definitely not a 996

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I wish they didn't put a jeep front end on it and kept the duallies because otherwise that Porsche truck thing is cool looking.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

I wish they didn't put a jeep front end on it and kept the duallies because otherwise that Porsche truck thing is cool looking.

I agree with this.
A tractor nose might have worked. Definitely keep the duals, though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't think it's the same car, the original link said there's actually two of these out there.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I think they're the same because they're from a shop in Waterloo or Dubuque or something in Iowa. I've seen it a couple different times as they built it through friends of friends in the area.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://zippy.gfycat.com/FrighteningDependentCorydorascatfish.webm

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

I think they're the same because they're from a shop in Waterloo or Dubuque or something in Iowa. I've seen it a couple different times as they built it through friends of friends in the area.

The other one is the purple one with the remnants of the Porsche nose in place. It's also not a one-ton dually chassis.
Edit: European, as well, I think.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

* Eurobeat Intensifies *

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

iospace posted:

Yup! When the pass happened, they had a frown for all of a second before the smiled knowing they had lead Le Mans in a slower car for over an hour.

Also a special mention to more awesome AI stuff: one of the teams had a bad starter. The solution?

Percussive maintenance. I'm not joking. And they did this every pit stop because you have to shut the engine off for each one.

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/news/rebellion-lmp2-squad-stripped-of-overall-le-mans-podium-920544/

quote:

The Rebellion LMP2 squad has been stripped of its overall Le Mans 24 Hours podium, after video evidence found the Swiss squad guilty of a bodywork infringement used to restart its engine after pitstops.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Early dynos are putting the Type R at 295-300 hp at the wheels. :black101:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Early dynos are putting the Type R at 295-300 hp at the wheels. :black101:

Yeahhhhhh...... the GTI makes about 225whp stock; the Golf-R makes about 295-300whp stock. I wonder what the Civic will make with a tune.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

Yeahhhhhh...... the GTI makes about 225whp stock; the Golf-R makes about 295-300whp stock. I wonder what the Civic will make with a tune.

Shrapnel.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BlackMK4 posted:

A slight right.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BlackMK4 posted:

Torque steer into a tree

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
An increase in wheel rotations and tyre sales at the local workshop?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Feels bad :smith:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

You're thinking of Lexus'

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BlackMK4 posted:

A new way to remove heads

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

330 P4s make me feel things I don't even feel for my fiancee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Falken posted:

330 P4s make me feel things I don't even feel for my fiancee.

You're among friends here