Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

prom candy posted:

Maybe Dems want to vote for honest to goodness left-wing candidates?

dont start with this dumb poo poo, a lot of the dems in dekalb county's piece of ga-6 are first or second gen immigrants and dont care about your idiot party purity nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

*furiously jams square peg into round hole for Nth time*

"loving Democrats won't turn out on command like Republicans do as they're supposed to! Why!? Why!?"

Their voters know how to get the policy outcomes they want and ours don't.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

haveblue posted:

Negative posting ITT

I heard Joe Manchin waited outside a polling station with a gun and told them not to vote for Ossoff.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The gently caress is wrong with you people.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
You know the GOP was using this election to decide to double down or not, right? Enjoy the double-down! Enjoy the AHCA!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I want Ossoff to win because I want a Trump meltdown tomorrow morning on Twitter. I don't really care about "building momentum" towards 2018.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Honestly, South Carolina is way more interesting to me than Georgia. It had a +20 R lean and is at a virtual tie with 70% reporting.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Willo567 posted:

This is why the nothing matters crowd pisses me off. They bitch that everything is poo poo, but when given an opportunity to change that, they make no initiative

That's bullshit, the nothing matters crowd is just acknowledging that people suck and they won't change. Blaming them is like blaming astronomers for asteroids.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
You can blame Republicans for being lovely, but the Democrats are the ones that don't vote.

The overarching problem the Democratic Party has is that its voters don't bother to come out. The last two big Democratic elections were due to reduced Republican turnout.

Liberal candidates, moderate candidates, and conservative Democratic candidates all get the same results. Democrats turn out at proportionally lower rates and usually win due to have more voters in the aggregate that offsets the lower turnout.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Covok posted:

You know the GOP was using this election to decide to double down or not, right? Enjoy the double-down! Enjoy the AHCA!

Why yes, they are going to see a result where someone wins by 1% as the referendum they need to TEAR IT ALL DOWN

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Fulchrum posted:

Honestly, South Carolina is way more interesting to me than Georgia. It had a +20 R lean and is at a virtual tie with 70% reporting.

But I've been informed that there isn't a wave or a backlash, so I don't understand how to view this outside of 1-win, 0-lose

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Madkal posted:

Why yes, they are going to see a result where someone wins by 1% as the referendum they need to TEAR IT ALL DOWN

To Rs, a win is a win! To Ds, losing is a win because "no doomsaying!"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You can blame Republicans for being lovely, but the Democrats are the ones that don't vote.

The overarching problem the Democratic Party has is that its voters don't bother to come out. The last two big Democratic elections were due to reduced Republican turnout.

Liberal candidates, moderate candidates, and conservative Democratic candidates all get the same results. Democrats turn out at proportionally lower rates and usually win due to have more voters in the aggregate that offsets the lower turnout.

From this we learn that Democrats are lazy and nothing else at all because there is no other reason.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

the fact that it received basically no media attention means that a mildly invigorating d ticket and an unpopular president could actually do what it's supposed to

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

So far, the only two ways the Democrats have found to override their turnout problem are:

1) Republicans decide not to vote
2) Obama

Neither of those are reliable ways to win.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Ague Proof posted:

I heard Joe Manchin waited outside a polling station with a gun and told them not to vote for Ossoff.

mumble mumble.. "coastal elites.. putting beans in their chili.." he was heard to say

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Madkal posted:

Holy poo poo you think the right wing operates in terms of degrees of victory? Are you blind?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Madkal posted:

As a reminder the current president lost the popular vote and has a picture of his election map in a place of honor in the White House, and the previous Republican president had to cut off recounts and get declared president by SCOTUS and called it a mandate.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

enraged_camel posted:

If those Ossoff campaign emails are real, and Ossoff loses, he should line up his fundraising committee against the wall and shoot all of them in the loving head.

the, uh, problem with this race wasn't lack of funds

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

So far, the only two ways the Democrats have found to override their turnout problem are:

2) Obama

Give in to your hatred and face to another 8 years of black, eloquent milquetoast centrist democratic rule while letting the state party suffer

I present to you, Corey Booker

:suicide:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

The overarching problem the Democratic Party has is that its voters either don't bother to come out or are targeted by various voter suppression campaigns.

FTFY

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Well you can look at Republican strongholds and see dems making inroads, or you can say doesn't matter if the race was close because the Republican won so they have nothing to fear.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Bernie got people out in record numbers for primaries that normally see a roomful of people. Democrats and Independents will come out if you give them a compelling message and vision more than "Look at the bad man!"

Covok
May 27, 2013

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Holy poo poo you think the right wing operates in terms of degrees of victory? Are you blind?

But we won the POPULAR VOTE by 3 million. Clearly, the Rs will go more left due to a clear unpopularity and lack of mandate. (Sarcasm)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

enraged_camel posted:

If those Ossoff campaign emails are real, and Ossoff loses, he should line up his fundraising committee against the wall and shoot all of them in the loving head.

He raised almost 50% more than Handel and the vast majority of it came from out of state.

His fundraising was not the problem and was actually incredibly good.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Man I needed some hope, I need to disconnect from this poo poo again. This thread though, it just keeps calling me back. I'm glad I had enough foresight to not talk about this at work so I don't have to explain my disappointment tomorrow. I'm probably the only one there that knew people were voting in Georgia today.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hollismason posted:

So many things

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Glazier posted:

Bernie got people out in record numbers for primaries that normally see a roomful of people. Democrats and Independents will come out if you give them a compelling message and vision more than "Look at the bad man!"

Bernie got fewer votes than Hillary.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Madkal posted:

Well you can look at Republican strongholds and see dems making inroads, or you can say doesn't matter if the race was close because the Republican won so they have nothing to fear.

Power in America is binary. You lose, you lose! Deal with it!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Republicans will be so goddamn emboldened they're going to quadruple down on the AHCA. It'll pass the Senate 600-0 and then Trump will sign it so hard the White House bursts into flames.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Believe it or not, there's much more at play here than GA-06 when it comes to the AHCA.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

boner confessor posted:

dont start with this dumb poo poo, a lot of the dems in dekalb county's piece of ga-6 are first or second gen immigrants and dont care about your idiot party purity nonsense

*vast majority of Americans desperate for left-wing economic policies in multiple polls*

*Dems begrudgingly offer up weak centrist candidate*

*Meager Dem voter turn-out, GOP wins*

"loving party purists trying to tear us apart! Leftists and stupid voters are to blame! They don't understand their basic civic duty! :argh:"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Glazier posted:

Yeah he lost that primary challenge, though. By quite a bit. And it wasn't "the DNC rigging it or he would have won"

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
"If they can't get out of their house to vote-"

That's great for all the people who have free time on Tuesdays and aren't forced to work that day or they get a break that's too short to deal with the intentionally-long wait times at their location.

Old rich white people, the GOP bread-and-butter, have structural advantages in these kinds of off-season elections.

Covok
May 27, 2013

haveblue posted:

The Republicans will be so goddamn emboldened they're going to quadruple down on the AHCA. It'll pass the Senate 600-0 and then Trump will sign it so hard the White House bursts into flames.

This but unironically.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Hollismason posted:

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
I think at this points if Dems don't get out to vote they get what they deserve, even if that means losing abortion access or death due to the AHCA.

This is democracy. You can't stay home and cry about losing a election. You get the government you deserve and if you aren't wiling to stand up for your very livelihood than you are going to get hosed over from here to eternity and it will be that way until you die.

There is no white savior. We save ourselves or we die. Simple as that. We can't get saved by other people.

And if you're a Democrat. I warn you now. Do what is necessary and what you can get away with to survive. If you have no health insurance - lie, cheat, steal, rob, do anything to get the money you have to. That will be you're only hope.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

*vast majority of Americans desperate for left-wing economic policies in multiple polls*

*Dems begrudgingly offer up weak centrist candidate*

*Meager Dem voter turn-out, GOP wins*

"loving party purists trying to tear us apart! Leftists and stupid voters are to blame! They don't understand their basic civic duty! :argh:"

please cite any poll local to ga06 that indicates support for left wing economic polices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

2) Obama

What about '98?

Glazier posted:

With a message of "Look at the bad woman!"

• Locked thread