Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Right, but there's no set timetable for that and the market closes June 30th. My understanding is she could certainly delay it a few weeks, and I'm not willing to bet on the arcane inner workings of UK party politics for that kind of return.

If it were in two months or something that'd be a different story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I think she steps down in the morning or not at all.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

There's also this market, which has no deadline and May is only 65c there

https://www.predictit.org/Market/3077/Who-will-be-the-next-UK-party-leader-to-leave

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Right, but there's no set timetable for that and the market closes June 30th. My understanding is she could certainly delay it a few weeks, and I'm not willing to bet on the arcane inner workings of UK party politics for that kind of return.

If it were in two months or something that'd be a different story.

OOPS. Probably should have cashed in last night, but w the UK system who knows this could easily bump back up on speculation, gossip, or the conservative party knives could come out any time.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

Vishass posted:

or the conservative party knives could come out any time.

This seems to be happening now, and the price will reflect that even if she ends up making it to the end of the month.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Was able to liquidate those Georgia turnout shares and stuff them all into Puerto Rico statehood.

The B329 Conservative thing is ancient history.

Ossoff No is still selling cheap.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Merlot Brougham posted:

Was able to liquidate those Georgia turnout shares and stuff them all into Puerto Rico statehood.

The B329 Conservative thing is ancient history.

Ossoff No is still selling cheap.

Besides GA constantly disappointing me, is the logic that the market will get nervous and drive them both to 50 come election day?

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Vishass posted:

Besides GA constantly disappointing me, is the logic that the market will get nervous and drive them both to 50 come election day?

Polls today seem to indicate yes to both of the above.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Vishass posted:

Yep. :clint:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's looking like Handel might have some momentum going into election day, polls have slowly moved in her direction over the last couple weeks.

Market sitting at 50-50 though, no way I would buy in on either side without additional information.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Polls says Ossoff/Handel is a coin flip at this point. If the market remains open, might be able to make an educated guess based off of Ossoff's early vote numbers. I don't have the stomach for that, though.

50% vote is getting pumped based off some big exaggerations about the weather here today.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I bought a lot real cheap in this one and my plan almost across the board is to pull out right as results start coming in and take the safe, moderate gains.

(safe moderate just like Ossoff am i right folks heyo)

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I bet on southern Dems failing to show the gently caress up and won.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

theres a will theres moe posted:

I bet on southern Dems failing to show the gently caress up and won.

hope you got ossoff no when it was like 30 cents

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Vox Nihili posted:

hope you got ossoff no when it was like 30 cents

I got it at 80 but it still paid for dinner.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
A good night over here. See my posts about cheap ossoff no. I listened to myself

Some good pickups on action in the MOV markets also.

E: Did anyone else catch The Atlanta Constution Journal used the predictit market in their analysis on the website election coverage?

Merlot Brougham has issued a correction as of 04:07 on Jun 21, 2017

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Hit the G 6 margin of victory had 0-1, 3-4 and 4-5. Made 15 profit on 9 bet.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Merlot Brougham posted:

A good night over here. See my posts about cheap ossoff no. I listened to myself

Some good pickups on action in the MOV markets also.

E: Did anyone else catch The Atlanta Constution Journal used the predictit market in their analysis on the website election coverage?

I bought no at 30 on your advice and bailed at 50.

I was basically all in on the plus 50 vote and nearly doubled my bank. Would have been awesome if I was working with more than like 20 bucks.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Vishass posted:

Would have been awesome if I was working with more than like 20 bucks.

Now you are, hopefully.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Dumped all my Handel shares for a $12 gain because I got spooked. :negative:

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

AceRimmer posted:

Dumped all my Handel shares for a $12 gain because I got spooked. :negative:

Nobody's ever gone broke turning a profit.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Merlot Brougham posted:

Now you are, hopefully.

$40 if I don't nickel and dime myself on tweet markets looking for the next "sure" thing.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Vishass posted:

$40 if I don't nickel and dime myself on tweet markets looking for the next "sure" thing.

I feel like the tweet markets are for addicts.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I feel like the tweet markets are for addicts.

yeah, given the amount of time you need to babysit those markets I would say that's fairly accurate.

edit: also I don't mean the tweet markets contain sure things. That way is madness (besides Trump and Pence rarely land on B0 for tweets in a week)

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Vishass posted:

yeah, given the amount of time you need to babysit those markets I would say that's fairly accurate.

edit: also I don't mean the tweet markets contain sure things. That way is madness (besides Trump and Pence rarely land on B0 for tweets in a week)

Dont worry about tweets when theres plenty of good action waiting in the Mongolian election.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but this seems like a loving steal right now:

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/6993/Will-the-Senate-pass-a-health-care-bill-by-June-30#data

There are currently only 4 "no" holdouts in the Senate. To pass it they need to "flip" two of those. This few holdouts means it's all posturing, and 2-3 will "cave" when the bill is given minor changes to meet their demands.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

bawfuls posted:

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/6993/Will-the-Senate-pass-a-health-care-bill-by-June-30#data

There are currently only 4 "no" holdouts in the Senate. To pass it they need to "flip" two of those. This few holdouts means it's all posturing, and 2-3 will "cave" when the bill is given minor changes to meet their demands.

By June 30?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

They've wanted to rush this through as fast as possible the whole time. I'm convinced the current holdouts are all planned kabuki and it'll happen quickly to avoid real opposition building up any steam. (But when I posted that it was under 20c)

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 03:25 on Jun 23, 2017

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

bawfuls posted:

They've wanted to rush this through as fast as possible the whole time. I'm convinced the current holdouts are all planned kabuki and it'll happen quickly to avoid real opposition building up any steam. (But when I posted that it was under 20c)

I'm just hoping Pence tweets one more time before noon tomorrow.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bawfuls posted:

I bought in so low I've already doubled my small investment but after seeing how they did the House this feels like a retread and they know it's passing.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Mike Pence has an early flight tomorrow to Colorado with nothing better to do than tweet. He's currently sitting at 84 tweets.

You could buy No in this market for 74 cents a few minutes ago:

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/6938/Will-%40vp-post-80-84-tweets-from-noon-June-16-to-noon-June-23

edit: Just put all of my liquidity into no Pence tweets 80-84 by noon tomorrow. Averaging 80 cents now after buying a bunch earlier in the 50s and flipping them.

Merlot Brougham has issued a correction as of 05:57 on Jun 23, 2017

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011

Merlot Brougham posted:

Mike Pence has an early flight tomorrow to Colorado with nothing better to do than tweet. He's currently sitting at 84 tweets.

You could buy No in this market for 74 cents a few minutes ago:

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/6938/Will-%40vp-post-80-84-tweets-from-noon-June-16-to-noon-June-23

edit: Just put all of my liquidity into no Pence tweets 80-84 by noon tomorrow. Averaging 80 cents now after buying a bunch earlier in the 50s and flipping them.

Anyone know any examples of the money on this site getting it majorly wrong?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

LolitaSama posted:

Biden Run springs to mind. I've seen markets flip 2, 3, or even 4 times before conclusion with heavy trading on each step. I haven't played in a few months, though, but I doubt things have changed.

Note that the long-term players in the tweet markets have enormous spreadsheets and homemade algorithms at this point, and can A) tell you the odds of a tweet on a Tuesday afternoon and B) instantly trade when a tweet is made thanks to software they have set up.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

LolitaSama posted:

pretty much constantly. Most obvious being hillary clinton last november. But general habit is the site gets overly certain all the time.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I bought some cheap yes because it feels undervalued.

Senate is not in session the following week, and that's a whole week for the lovely unsigned bill story to percolate. I think (and the health care and trump threads) that there's a real good chance mitch will ram it through next week. death is certain and all that jazz.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think regularly 10 cent bets pay off. They always write the rules to be confusing and with some dumb catch 22 that screws bettors.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
No on SCOTUS retirement is a great bet iyam, should collapse Monday after AMK doesn't retire

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Arkane posted:

No on SCOTUS retirement is a great bet iyam, should collapse Monday after AMK doesn't retire

do you have inside info on this one?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I assume he's going by the fact that Kennedy has hired the usual four clerks for the next term instead of one. Apparently it's typical for justices anticipating retirement to only hire one clerk for the next term. That's what twitter tells me anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

do you have inside info on this one?

Just the regular ol info that has been out there for months

• Locked thread