Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FFBE: While you're reading this title, Fenrir got another rainbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

With the Anniversary coming up, I would suggest a title that might draw in new players.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Here are a bunch of titles for the new topic. I have bolded my favorites.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global:

You Should Have Rerolled
Magical Beach Summer Fun Get
Bediled Again
Shadowned
Just Use Three Orlandeus
Ultros Boogie
Pray For The Best, Expect The Worst
You're Gonna Need Those Excalipoors Later
Just Use Ling
Four Fina Challenge
The Story Ends When The Money Drys Up
iOS Switch Control: A Tutorial
Did The Latest Update Break Nox For You Too?
Did The Latest Update Break Memu For You Too?
Are There Stairs In Your Crystal?
There's A Story Mode?
There's a Colosseum Mode?
Waiting for Rikku
Just Wait Till Rikku Comes Out
One Day There Will Be 6* Warriors Of Light
Half Price Pull Errday
Don't Half Price Pull, Just 10+1 Pull
Slaves To The Gacha
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE RNG SEED IS
BASED UPON TIME OF DAY?!?

Hey, Look Who I Got Today!
Last Week's Banner Character, Off-Banner
A Sea of Bediles
Let Me Tell You Why 5*-Max Characters Are Worthless
Macros Saga

Please tell me you added that last one for me :stwoon:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

FFBE: While you're reading this title, Fenrir got another rainbow

This one.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

Most RNG seeds use the time() as part of their calculation. It's still RNG gonna RNG, so it won't actually help.

Does anyone have a BiS (or near) Enhanced Elza yet? I wanna nab the two Echidna summon tickets without hassle. :(

Dana, mine's at +2 passive +2 madness rush, fairly well geared.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Figured I'd throw 1 ticket at Tillith. Got the Amelia I whiffed on last week.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

BDawg posted:

Figured I'd throw 1 ticket at Tillith. Got the Amelia I whiffed on last week.

Not a bad consolation prize. She's drat good in arena.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Mischalaniouse posted:

Not a bad consolation prize. She's drat good in arena.

Yeah, swapped Chiz for her.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ubiquitus posted:

Please tell me you added that last one for me :stwoon:

Sure!

Kheldarn posted:

With the Anniversary coming up, I would suggest a title that might draw in new players.

Macros Saga seems non-threatening, doesn't it? Maybe work in a Minmei/Ariana Grande joke somewhere.

Macros Saga: Ariana Grande sings better than
Minmei.

Ariana Grande is our Minmei

Is just like Minmei... I dunno. Something like that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Macros Saga seems non-threatening, doesn't it? Maybe work in a Minmei/Ariana Grande joke somewhere.

Macros Saga: Ariana Grande sings better than
Minmei.

Ariana Grande is our Minmei

Is just like Minmei... I dunno. Something like that.

The only thing I understood in that post was Ariana Grande.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Kalas posted:

Dana, mine's at +2 passive +2 madness rush, fairly well geared.

Just looked at her, yeah, that's almost perfect. Can you throw her on Diabolos and swap the Bracer for the Sun Barrette? :) That should tear through things no problem.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kheldarn posted:

The only thing I understood in that post was Ariana Grande.

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross is an anime in which a society of giant space aliens are defeated by a Japanese pop idol's catchy tunes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Here in 'merica, it was known as Robotech. They had a space carrier with planes that looked suspiciously like Jetfire the Transformer.

Minmei was a pop singer on that show who was caught up in their outer space adventures (a whole city that found a crashed alien space ship* was teleported into outer space in the first episode, only saved by energy shields from said spacecraft) whose voice had a profound effect on the aliens, teaching them hu-mon emotions such as love, much like Goon-favorite Ariana Grande

Macross sounds like macros, which a lot of people in these parts use for TM grinding, I hear.

* or power source, or something. It's been a looong while.

\/\/\/ I know, dude. I know. I'm a regular in the Transformers thread. :v:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 21, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Here in 'merica, it was known as Robotech. They had a space carrier with planes that looked suspiciously like Jetfire the Transformer.

Jetfire is literally just a Macross toy they rebranded as a transformer. IIRC one of the guys who worked at Hasbro saw the Macross toys, and just altered it a little bit when he came back so they could sell it.

EDIT: In the wake of FE: Heroes doing well, I'm more disappointed than ever that the SRW mobile game was bad.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 21, 2017

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Cartoon Man posted:

FFBE: While you're reading this title, Fenrir spent his next paycheck

Fixed it for you

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I just started this game this week. Haven't been able to read through most of this thread, but I didn't find my answer in the first few pages or with Google-san. What do I do if I encounter this error where the game just blacks/greys out all of my main menu options?

http://imgur.com/a/KcBMh

I'm not able to access Home anymore, the options are greyed out on all of the world map except my newest main story mission, and my characters won't die. They just stay at 1HP if I even try to get them to die. I have cleared the cache and reinstalled the game on my iPhone 6 plus, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Should I just give up and start over?

Edit: Nevermind, it's a tutorial glitch, apparently the only fix is through contacting support. :negative:

jarbv fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 21, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Somebody has created an official pain and anguish simulator. Click here to simulate the upcoming 11 pull with guaranteed 5* unit...

Now only click it once just like for real!

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon_Simulator/1st_Anniversary_Celebration

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cartoon Man posted:

Somebody has created an official pain and anguish simulator. Click here to simulate the upcoming 11 pull with guaranteed 5* unit...

My first roll on that simulator had Greg + WIlhelm. Not exactly ideal, but I wouldn't complain.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cartoon Man posted:

Uh, if that is how my real rolls would go that thing would be generous as gently caress

Random list of JUST 5* mashing
Ramza
Wilhelm
Gilgamesh
Noctis
Gilgamesh
Queen
Ace
Olive
Ace
Dark Fina
Ace

I'll put $5 that my actual pull will be Ace

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Am I allowed to :tinfoil: post about how Gumi is gonna gently caress with the 5* drop rates by boosting Ace and Delita and reducing Cid, Olive, etc?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Cartoon Man posted:

FFBE: While you're reading this title, Fenrir burned his last welfare check

Much better

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Seabreeze dark fina and a bunch of kains a fran and TWO hopes. This is it, I can feel it coming IRL

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Cartoon Man posted:

Am I allowed to :tinfoil: post about how Gumi is gonna gently caress with the 5* drop rates by boosting Ace and Delita and reducing Cid, Olive, etc?

They did that for the last free 10+1.

90% of the pulls on this banner are going to be Lightning, Delita, or Queen.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Isn't Medius in this camp?

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

I had given up on getting Tilith after getting about half a dozen off-banner golds, including every other 4-star healer in the game. After reading all the stuff about pulling at different times of day, I figured why not, and threw one last 3am ticket at the banner. It was Tilith.

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.
After a long break, I have returned to this game.

If anyone wants to add me I would really appreciate it. Ramza is currently my best character.

Id: 104946249

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bubba Fuzz posted:

I had given up on getting Tilith after getting about half a dozen off-banner golds, including every other 4-star healer in the game. After reading all the stuff about pulling at different times of day, I figured why not, and threw one last 3am ticket at the banner. It was Tilith.

Yeah, ungodly hours often give good results, I've found.

Got Kelsus today. He needs 60 more shards to get to 6*, maybe look into getting the shards from King Mog if you're you can get 360 by the end of the month.

Kelsus' animations are adorable. He flicks targets with his thumb and index finger. His victory animation has him picked up by his own arms by his scruff like a kitty and put in one palm, while the other one gives the "peace" sign.

Any 6* units you don't want to use are probably good for Expiditions, anyway. Traffic Cone Fina's time to shine!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Olive? I wish!

When Delitas rain from the sky remember that with enhancements he does have 65% SPI/DEF breaks. Knowing my luck I'll get a second Lightning and I have no idea what I'd use her for besides an excuse to throw this game out the window.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kelsus runs until the end of July.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Wilhelm and...BEDILE!

Truly authentic summon simulator right there.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Also don't forget:

jetz0r posted:

Reminder: Titan banner goes away with maintenance tomorrow today.

(updated to reflect time)

I've got 180k coins to spend today and still nobody who is both good and needs EXP. Guess it's time to level up *checks unit list* Ulrica and Bowie! :retrogames:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Yeah, ungodly hours often give good results, I've found.

Got Kelsus today. He needs 60 more shards to get to 6*, maybe look into getting the shards from King Mog if you're you can get 360 by the end of the month.

Kelsus' animations are adorable. He flicks targets with his thumb and index finger. His victory animation has him picked up by his own arms by his scruff like a kitty and put in one palm, while the other one gives the "peace" sign.

Any 6* units you don't want to use are probably good for Expiditions, anyway. Traffic Cone Fina's time to shine!

Almost all my pulls are done at 3 AM right as it refreshes, and my pulls are garbage. Anecdotal is anecdotal. :(

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
My best pulls are right when I wake up but only on my phone and not memu.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
All this anecdotal evidence probably has to do with the time-based RNG seed somehow... that or time-based superstition.

The former seems more likely.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
All the people talking about "Time based RNG" are missing an important part of that: when you use a time-based seed it doesn't use the time in a way that you really see it. The typical seed used is "unix time", which is the number of milliseconds since Unix went live. So 10PM one night and 10PM the next night have pretty much nothing in common when used as an RNG seed.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Started playing again. Had a few tickets and managed to get Tillith so that's neat. Anything I need to focus on doing right now?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

hamsystem posted:

Started playing again. Had a few tickets and managed to get Tillith so that's neat. Anything I need to focus on doing right now?
Get the summon tickets from this event , do story missions for lapis, and save up for the garunteed 5* summon on the 29th, followed by the ffx banner with rikku on it

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Did 4 rolls. 2 were Trance Terra, 2 were Orlandeau. Weird

As long as I don't get a dupe Luneth or Noctis, I'll be ok with whatever 5* I pull. Even Delita would be nice because of his TMR.

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So the odds of getting a rainbow on a given 11 pull are normally 14%, so some of us should be able to pull 2 rainbows, theoretically. (Unless Gumi fucks with it some way...)

A lot of my test pulls on the simulator come back with two. Got three once or twice.

• Locked thread