Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Burkion posted:

YOU'RE Jimble, that makes sense.

Freaking Goons never having the same SA name as their Steam name

Yeah I'm A Cat on Steam, Doctor Nutt on XBoxen, and PadreChester on PSN, mostly due to some variety of dumb poo poo, like not being able to change PSN names. I might eventually migrate SA and Xbox to something to do with Cats because it's a pretty fun gimmick and I can blame a lot of terrible play on not having opposable thumbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirux
Apr 28, 2010

The wolf is at your door.
Holy poo poo 1.8gb patch update.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Tirux posted:

Holy poo poo 1.8gb patch update.

It's those high res 8bit graphics

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
1.7 of those gigs go to Deb's rad new sweaters.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

ran into some car trouble today

My recording of this has no sound.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DrNutt posted:

1.7 of those gigs go to Deb's rad new sweaters.

Deb is packing some heat under those sweaters so.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

And Steam's down for routine maintenance. Hahaha

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

KOMI posted:

The Facebook page is filled with ragey Xbone players saying they should all receive Savini Jason as compensation.

:gary:

Which is so loving pathetic.

As has been pointed out they're being very open in communication with the community, which is better than most devs. Besides it's a free loving update.

Sure it's annoying but I'd prefer Microsoft tell them "Hey this patch is hosed" and make them try again than install it and have it further gently caress my poo poo up.

People get way way to invested in their video games god drat.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm so lost without this game, are there any other games? Did Diablo 3 release the necromancer yet? Where am I? What is this?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I believe Necromancer is later. And FF Stormblood's servers are likely hosed beyond reason again now that it's at full release, so F13 is all I got as well.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'm so lost without this game, are there any other games? Did Diablo 3 release the necromancer yet? Where am I? What is this?

Necromancer is out on Tuesday. It's still 2014, you're ok.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I just want to hear the full chiptune chase music.

Tirux
Apr 28, 2010

The wolf is at your door.

s.i.r.e. posted:

And Steam's down for routine maintenance. Hahaha

They really can't get a break.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

to keep you in the mood while you wait for steam to come back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09yOZsZuxMY

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Battlefield 1 gets the first nighttime map tonight so I'll see you jerks in a day or two :frogc00l:

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Retro Jason still shows up as Part 3 Jason during the match intro. :( The Icon is still 3 Jason as well.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Retro Jason still shows up as Part 3 Jason during the match intro. :( The Icon is still 3 Jason as well.

That just makes the retro music funnier, imo.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Nate and I get horribly injured while trying to use the phone, Burk is extremely helpful, and Venus breaks Spanky's will to continue.

Jason Goes Home

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Grem posted:

I love how people are starting to turn on team killers. And how team killers themselves are the biggest babies who bounce after you beat them to death with a wrench.
When playing Jason yesterday I saw Tiffany run into the barn, and I thought I'd play it cool and just saunter in and scare the poo poo out of her. I walk to the door, turn, and pull out a throwing knife from the door frame, figuring she didn't have anywhere to go.

*BANG*

Tiffany pulled out her rifle and shot a RPing Chad point-blank in the face while I stood there.

I called her a sick gently caress over chat and teleported away, disgusted, while she laughed her rear end off.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

These dummies broke the sound system some how.

People on reddit/steam are reporting the Walkie perk doesn't work and muting is hosed up. Personally, i can only hear about half the people in a given room.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
*sets spawn preference to Jason*

Wait oh poo poo I can do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acBnEHT-fBo

Coffee And Pie fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 21, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Since it is unknown whether or not I'll ever get this update, anybody got a video or gif of the new skin?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i cleaned out some steam friends i didn't recognize and i think i might have wiped some F13 goons. shoot me a friend invite either way because this game is real good all the time. http://steamcommunity.com/id/kelpplankton/

edit: heres the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu7jwI3YyFU

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 21, 2017

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hey I play this a lot on PS4 and my username is codenamefangio on there so please add me 😎:cool:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

While playing as Jenny on Packanack, I got caught by Jason. Managed to break free pretty quickly so I shouted "Jenny out!" as I ran. This seemed to piss him off, as he kept following me. And I kept breaking free of his grip.

"Jenny Out Part 2! Electric Boogaloo!"

"Jenny Out Part 3 in 3D!"

"Jenny Out Part 4! Straight to DVD!"

"Jenny Out Part 5! This time it's a musical! Da da daaaaa da da daaaaaaa--"

My escape was cut off by one of the players allying with Jason and killing me with a baseball bat. I immediately came back as Tommy Jarvis and hunted him down.

"Jenny's back and she's pissed!" *BLAM*

I ended up being the only one left alive and escaping in the two-seater while screaming a gently caress you into the microphone. My fiancee was laughing hysterically for the whole match.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Patch loving SUCKS

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Annnd it crashes during the intro video now, 100% of the time.
Online session interface missing, please make sure Steam is running!

Verifying files shows one is corrupt, but the redownloaded one has the same issue.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I got a fatal error in a lobby and crashed earlier.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
v0v PS4 patch works just fine.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Yeah PS4 version is pretty good except no one has their 13,000 xp.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
No 13K points, game still crashes sometimes.

Still fun as gently caress though and I already don't regret buying. Iron out these problems and we have a sweet rear end game. Who knew being brutally murdered could be so much fun?

I think my favorite thing so far has been Jasons that ask "what kill you want?" They're so well-mannered! "I'd like to die face down in the fireplace, please." "I got you, fam." :murder: :supaburn:

ToxicSlurpee fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 21, 2017

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I Greyhound posted:

Verifying files shows one is corrupt, but the redownloaded one has the same issue.
It's done that for me every build of the game since...day three of release? I dunno, whenever I bought it.

I haven't played this latest patch, but I wouldn't focus too closely on that "one file" being the culprit.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

I was told that the 13k xp is coming this weekend.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Best to wait for the weekend.

I Greyhound posted:

Annnd it crashes during the intro video now, 100% of the time.
Online session interface missing, please make sure Steam is running!

Day 1 issue.

For the other one: I heard messing with the EAC launcher property and setting everything in compatibility to default might fix it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Got my very first clean sweep tonight, as stabby spear Jason too. Right off the bat morphed to the big house to take out the power, Duster was already there and tried to stop me so we did the dance and after taking a couple hits I got em, after that I got a few more trying to fix up the car, Duster came back as Tommy and the last few were in a little gang for a while there trying to get to my loveshack. I figured that out and warped back, saw the last girl go into the shack and Adam followed her, snatched up Tommy and put an end to that poo poo.

And then two matches later I get to be Jason again and another clean sweep :murder:

Also the 13k points are coming when the free weekend starts apparently, so nothing wrong there.

And that was my first Jason kill, I only wish it had recorded my voice in the kill scene, I had a big ole "EAT SHIIIIT JASON" when I smacked em.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 21, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

NES Jason Gets Murked

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

codenameFANGIO posted:

We get it Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The 8-bit Jason music is so ominous.

• Locked thread