Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nuru posted:

Devotion is a tremendously stupid ability on a long cooldown.

Its like they were trying to insult SMNs this expansion, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
duty finder blows up every night at almost 9 pm exactly, it's eerie

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
loving Raubahn EX, denying me the God drat White Mage instance so I can get this stupid stone and move on.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
SCH nerfs just make the class feel bad and boring to play. Instead of having to put some thought into the management of 3+ DoTs, just spam Ruin or Broil forever and run out of mana all the time unless I very carefully manage Aetherflow. Fun! I could switch to SMN to level, but they're almost as bad.

I guess I picked the wrong class to play when I got the game 3 weeks ago!

I don't know how anyone plays DPS with those 30+ minute queue times. Guess I'll level paladin since I don't have Dark Knight unlocked yet.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

brainwrinkle posted:

SCH nerfs just make the class feel bad and boring to play. Instead of having to put some thought into the management of 3+ DoTs, just spam Ruin or Broil forever and run out of mana all the time unless I very carefully manage Aetherflow. Fun! I could switch to SMN to level, but they're almost as bad.

I don't know how anyone plays DPS with those 30+ minute queue times. Guess I'll level paladin since I don't have Dark Knight unlocked yet.

By doing something else until it pops.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

And then play something else after they get 90k'd and have a 10 minute wait to get back in.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Also it's uncommon for queues to be quite this bad. Usually it's like 15-20 mins for 4-man dungeons, less for 8. Everything is poo poo right now because there's 2 new dps classes and like 1000 people are trying to level them

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I told myself that I had better things to do, but you guys have convinced me. I need to climb that tower.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

Summoner is boring but kills significantly faster than Scholar. Use it when solo.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Griz posted:

I did a roulette last night with a RDM and noticed that they were constantly slowcasting the 5 second spells.

I looked at the parser afterwards and they had 45 uses of the first move of the melee combo, 15 of the second, and 3 of the finisher. all of this added up to less dps than my AST (and I didn't even have gravity because it was a level 50 dungeon)

Did they update ACT for stornblood? Mine still isn't' parsing nothin'.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Please explain how to use ACT and assume I'm an idiot

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Thumbtacks posted:

wait until memory reading gets updated because right now it only works off network

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's not my job to sit here and do like an hour of math that you don't even care about to prove something that is literally easily observable but you're being deliberately obtuse in half of these. paladin is going to be leaps and bounds better than the other tanks come omega if the class does not get tweaked.

Thanks for assuming I didn't do a bunch of the math before the game launched because I was (and still am) real excited for paladin to not suck, and for assuming that the burden is on me when you're the one making the assertion that PLD is OP as hell without bothering to put together a coherent argument for it.

But mostly, thanks for agreeing that it's a (strong) possibility that if the class actually is overpowered they will tweak it, as they have done before.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Boy oh boy, the server is going to be a dumpster fire for the next month, isn't it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

rip excalibur

(e) or not, back in queue :shrug:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The dungeon 3, 2nd boss just publicly shames people who are poo poo at the game and that's rad.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jimbot posted:

Boy oh boy, the server is going to be a dumpster fire for the next month, isn't it.

I dunno, it went from "this is unplayable" to "this is 90% playable" pretty quickly over early access. I'm going to choose to be optimistic and believe that they'll get their poo poo together within like a week, especially as the surge of everyone trying to do the same poo poo at once simmers down a little.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I just got 90002'd...

... attempting to start a triple triad match. :munch:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

The dungeon 3, 2nd boss just publicly shames people who are poo poo at the game and that's rad.

Lol it's a fun boss, I like it

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

So they didn't fully math out how their system works and as a consequence the ideal rotation is to deliberately do things the "wrong" way? Or would this have otherwise negative consequences on your dps output? I haven't redmaged yet so I'm not sure if don't this screws you in some other way.

yeah it doesn't seem like they fully mathed that bit out, your melee damage is gigantic so being able to get into it faster is a big deal. it's basically only useful for your first opener of a dungeon though, since it requires you starting at 0/0 and doing a finisher move puts you up 21 of one type.

e: hoo boy this thread moves fast. sorry for a 2 page later response!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Jinh posted:

yeah it doesn't seem like they fully mathed that bit out, your melee damage is gigantic so being able to get into it faster is a big deal. it's basically only useful for your first opener of a dungeon though, since it requires you starting at 0/0 and doing a finisher move puts you up 21 of one type.

It's also probably a bug and will be patched out soon

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Managed to get into the second SB trial before the servers died. Had just figured out the gimmick when we got hit with a huge lag spike and DCs, things seemed to stabilize then I got booted. :v:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

F

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

PVP changes are interesting. Also fantastic xp for the roulette.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Palace of the Dead is where I am and Palace of the Dead is where I shall remain.

RIP Excal.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Thumbtacks posted:

ACT is broken as gently caress atm, unless you're a class that doesn't use any of the new DOTs. Your best bet is to use this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evZgz3QyiaHk1BhvFTC_8aQkhcGoXAze-22Ftw0LdQM/edit#gid=0

Make a copy of it for yourself, go do susano ex dummy and plug in your time. Normally there's a website for it, but he hasn't added the HP values yet. http://ffxiv.2digitalgames.de/

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

What's fulfilling is eating the tankbuster and laughing it off, either because you set up your mitigation properly, or because you're primed to top yourself/be topped off afterwards as a result. C'mon, first SB primal, you think tanks don't get a loving rush from the transition?

Earlier today I ran the 3rd SB dungeon and practically carried the instance: First boss killed the SCH at 60% health because he got the mechanic backwards :downs: so I had to PLD heal to keep everyone and myself up.
Second boss everyone stood around like an idiot for the last part while I did the right thing to get us through it.
Third boss everyone didn't look away for the confusion gaze so I had to retread the first boss keeping the healer up while getting beat on by the DPS (the melee dude died to stacked AoE's while smacking me in the shoulder. Should have looked away!)

Naturally I only got 1 comm for that run.

Good thing doing all of that is it's own reward :v:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

nuru posted:

Yeah it's way faster for leveling than POTD, at least post-60. Probably pre-60 too if you're PUGging it.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr Pepper posted:

It's also probably a bug and will be patched out soon

yup, hopefully tonight even, since we're doing so much damage that we're verfiring the servers.

RIP Hyperion

Jinh fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 21, 2017

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
:rip: Ultros as well

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

nuru posted:

The experience isn't tied to the roulette, my friend :getin:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:rip: famfrit, mid-dungeon. :toot:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

christ kicked for a 90006 mid cutscene, not trying to change instances or anything :mad:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Azim steppe makes me want to fantasia into a dragongirl. And I only started getting used to being a catgirl, drat.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm glad I finished the MSQ Yanxia ending before Leviathan died on me.

That was a good quest chain end, looking forward to the next five levels.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Skaw posted:

The experience isn't tied to the roulette, my friend :getin:

:catstare:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shy posted:

Azim steppe makes me want to fantasia into a dragongirl. And I only started getting used to being a catgirl, drat.

This was posted last night but it should tip the scales for you: http://ojiyaff.tumblr.com/tagged/51scales

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Oh yes it owns

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

This was posted last night but it should tip the scales for you: http://ojiyaff.tumblr.com/tagged/51scales

I've never done dragongirl (or dude for that matter) because they seem too waifish (and the dudes have a silly run animation, my god) but now i'm kinda considering it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Speaking as someone who started catgirl, went dragongirl, then went back to catgirl, Au Ra horns don't work too well with a lot of outfits and outfits that show a lot of skin can clash with their scales. You can make stuff work but it has its difficulties.