Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Azim Steppe did a lot of good in making the Xaela feel more rich and interesting as a culture.

Raen are still boring as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Argas posted:

Speaking as someone who started catgirl, went dragongirl, then went back to catgirl, Au Ra horns don't work too well with a lot of outfits and outfits that show a lot of skin can clash with their scales. You can make stuff work but it has its difficulties.

Yeah, I'm starting to see an issue with my Au Ra in the level 50 RDM in Ishgard gear...

Makes me want to spend the 10 dollars on a Fantasia...

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 21, 2017

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yeah, I'm starting to see an issue with my Au Ra in the level 50 Ishgard gear...

Go the true path... become a highlady.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yeah, I'm starting to see an issue with my Au Ra in the level 50 RDM in Ishgard gear...

On top of that, I'm not fond of their emotes. That said, they have a far better selection of standing idle emotes than catgirls. It's going to be down to your personal preference.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wish the maintenances weren't always at lovely times for Europe.
YoshiP more like YoshiPoo.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The European servers are having maintenance at the same time?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Raen are still boring as gently caress.

Do we get to see them? I'm only at 66 now

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Raen are a lot more generic and spread out across Othard. They don't really have their own culture beyond Doman or Hingan. They're basically the Midlanders of Au Ra.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Argas posted:

Speaking as someone who started catgirl, went dragongirl, then went back to catgirl, Au Ra horns don't work too well with a lot of outfits and outfits that show a lot of skin can clash with their scales. You can make stuff work but it has its difficulties.

I've been a dragon girl since 3.0 but was a cat girl before that, and was considering switching again but the drawings making me reconsider

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Someone was asking about DRK and someone said ppl are either totally on board or against the changes

I'm totally on board.

I never liked the delirium DPS combo, maybe cause my bars are set up weird, and the change to DA recasting faster than the GCD is GOODLY. You can DA Syphon Strike now, which is like 390 potency and refunds your cost.

Dark side and Grit cancel each other out now, (previously Grit reduced 20% and DS increased 15% but they're both 20 now) and I dunno if it's the subtle changes to how good it feels to pop DA now, but I actually drop Grit nowadays and dump a ton of mana into the DA Syphon -> DA Carve and Spit -> DA Souleater repeat.

I'm glad we gotta keep our KICK stun tho. The warrior stun always felt slow to hit to me.

Plus dropping reprisal and scourge and old delirium gives me room on my right cross bar for the three hot new abilities, and I'll figure out how to weave BLACKEST NIGHT in there somewhere.

Admittedly, I've just been running 50/60 dungeons and helping RDM / SAM level, so I'm only 61 and haven't gotten access to the blood gauge yet, but I do like how it feels right now.

Dropping a ton of 3.9-4.5k carves, Syphons and souleaters ain't bad either.

Griz
May 21, 2001

FisheyStix posted:

Did they update ACT for stornblood? Mine still isn't' parsing nothin'.

there's a beta update that you have to manually install, and also set it to display everyone because party/alliance filtering is busted

https://github.com/ravahn/FFXIV_ACT_Plugin

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Good night, sweet prince

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I need an orchestrion roll for the Doma Castle theme. I need it now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

gets totorak for leveling roulette, 90002s out right before the end, can't get back in

i blame the sylphs for this

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
gently caress. A 30 minute rollback.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So we killed an s rank and not only did we 90k right after, the server is now having 2002 issues and closing the game down on me :lol:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
On the last boss for the level 67 dungeon and right when the boss was at 20% health left, the servers get nuked.

Maaaann...

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I've seen an RDM discord mentioned a few times, is there one for SAM theorycrafting too?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I've never done dragongirl (or dude for that matter) because they seem too waifish (and the dudes have a silly run animation, my god) but now i'm kinda considering it

The dudes run like Banjo Kazooie. This can either seal the deal, or ruin it for you.

Ciaphas posted:

gets totorak for leveling roulette, 90002s out right before the end, can't get back in

i blame the sylphs for this

You should thank it for crashing. gently caress Totorak.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

wait what, I just completed the tribe scenario, please no

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Leal posted:

So we killed an s rank and not only did we 90k right after, the server is now having 2002 issues and closing the game down on me :lol:
It's kinda of crazy how the timing worked out for me. Just got out of a laggy rear end Doma dungeon in time to kill Gamma in Yanxia, and after watching some msq cutscenes ported to Azys La to kill Leu and the server. :thumbsup:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

If this is true at this point they may as well just let the servers stay down. You're going to try and recoup those lost 30 minutes of progress and then the server goes down in another 30.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Let me back in so I can log off in town!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Guess I won't be exploring the briny deep tonight after all :sigh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rhymenoserous posted:

You should thank it for crashing. gently caress Totorak.

It was almost over!!! I completely wasted my time in that hsithole!!!!!!!!

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Rhymenoserous posted:

The dudes run like Banjo Kazooie. This can either seal the deal, or ruin it for you.

Who runs worse, them or male elezen?

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
Just got to the Azim Steppe and I'm super impressed about the little bits of dialogue here and there that are triggered by my race.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I hope I still have the gear I won in Badam when I get back, I'm having a blast looking super cool in the new sets. Wonk wonk

Also now I'm going to have to do the tribes storyline finish a third time :japan:

Ah well, still having a blast. Good night goons!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ruta posted:

Just got to the Azim Steppe and I'm super impressed about the little bits of dialogue here and there that are triggered by my race.

This just makes the concept of fantasia even more horrifying imo

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

ruta posted:

There's a Dotharl dude with some really... strange dialogue. Really curious what other lines he has.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

It is what it is.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

homeless snail posted:

This just makes the concept of fantasia even more horrifying imo

I'm pretty sure fantasia don't actually 'exist' in-lore.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

ruta posted:

Was just thinking if they acknowledge you being xaela. Holy poo poo this game is good
edit: when it's not down and broken

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.

Minrad posted:

There's a Dotharl dude with some really... strange dialogue. Really curious what other lines he has.

Man I really love all this stuff! This is my favourite zone so far. I guess it's a good thing the server exploded because I need to wake up early tomorrow and I don't think I would have stopped.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The level 65 dungeon second boss is possibly the most hilarious encounter I've seen in the game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ruta posted:

Squenix will never make a sequel to that. :negative:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

super sweet best pal posted:

Squenix will never make a sequel to that. :negative:

She's definitely a reference too.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Hrm. I wonder if they actually leaned into this all the way across the entire game. I would appreciate it if it did.

This makes me wonder if the dialogue at the end of the 63 WAR quest changes based on race and/or gender.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Hrm. I wonder if they actually leaned into this all the way across the entire game. I would appreciate it if it did.

This makes me wonder if the dialogue at the end of the 63 WAR quest changes based on race and/or gender.

Well in the 50-60 Ninja questline, there's some changed dialogue if you happen to be an Au Ra, so it's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I'm curious if some dialog I saw in the MSQ was because I cleared Bahamut in 2.x, or if everyone sees that.