Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Makes me think

About Eddie 'sex' Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Al! posted:

to be fair, marxists have been warning us about the dangers of "labor saving devices" being used to disenfranchise workers by taking away their means to earn a living, for like centuries

thats how loving USELESS marxists are :q:

Market's dying, Proudhon

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

truth is garbage to cuckbirds like you

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Ruzihm posted:

Market's dying, Proudhon

Manners are theft!

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

truth is garbage to cuckbirds like you

Pls dont feed the canadian

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Those shitposting kiosks will take my shitposting job when they pry it from my cold dead Heb!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I want to show this to my kid and tell her this is the kind of cool thing I could be doing if it weren't for you

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Thatim posted:

Pls dont feed the canadian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

Les Deplorables Wine l m b o

i don't always assault minorities when im drunk

but when i do, i drink les deplorables

stay racist my friends

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Thom and the Heads posted:

texas is so hosed up they name their grocery stores anti-semitic slurs???

it's just the Spanish pronunciation of ¡JEB!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Joementum posted:

Les Deplorables Wine l m b o

CAPITALISM

TRUMP

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

St Vincent announced a new tour today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gD-jD5f84w

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Sexual Lorax posted:

i need a break from all this winning

i mean im pretty much surrounded by decent people in my everyday life coworkers are fine familys tight friends make me laugh

its not a bubble or an illusion my real life is not make believe so where does all this evil come from

im having a legitimate unironic why cant we all just get along crisis here its not milk drinking cay crew bullshit this is trying to reconcile two discrete events of my last 24 hours

the first is taking my lily white caucasian cracker rear end teenage son to his favorite barbershop in madison wisconsin a city much like milwaukee that tries to hide its minority population like its something to be ashamed of but my boy likes going to a straight up black barbershop and i approve so thats where we went

we were the only white folk in there and it was cool one barber finished up and pointed his clippers at me all youre up and i was all no thanks just here with my boy then a short pause looked at myself in the mirror and admitted that yeah im shaggy as hell and desperately need a haircut and we laughed about it

the second is that four year old girl thinking she needed to calm her mom down to keep her alive because cops with guns were around

dear united states and turnip thread i could really use some good news about right now

Sir use the kiosk to order please.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sexual Lorax posted:

thats a negative idiot queen of my heart i am officially sadbrained over people being horrible to each other

Sorry, instinctive order taking

I was hoping it was copypasta :sigh:

Really, it comes to the small things that you can do to make a difference for the big picture. It exists, and you just have to look for it. We have a finite amount of time on this planet and at the end of the day, what keeps you up at night and what makes you sleep at night is all the difference. Its fine to be sad, and please be. It's important to process it but never bogged down in it because the here and now is happening.

After you re-evaluate that yes, some people are poo poo, some people aren't, you just have to realize that it really doesn't take a lot to be considerate and help others and it involves courage. That's the intrinsic issue with American society, is that courage is doublespeaked as a projection for jingoism and empty tough talk rhetoric conservatives love to tack on rather than having to get up and really face the issue at hand and finding a way to address it, even if it doesn't get solved initially. They're wholly motivated by fear, and its erratic as gently caress.

It takes time to process it so imo once you land on your feet, you should consider perhaps pursuing something towards your community in your life to effect positive change. Easy to talk it, harder to try, but the point is to try and it involves real courage.

Oh right, this is a McKiosk. I have to push the buttons :doh:

Chris James 2 posted:

They Might Be Giants also announced a tour today

:peanut:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place

well have I got good news for him!

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i can't believe there are people who actually use the automated self-checkouts at grocery stores

the gently caress is wrong with you

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place

well have I got good news for him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8csxCThXRII

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/877531590083137536

this is good news

from jeh!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

deadgoon posted:

i can't believe there are people who actually use the automated self-checkouts at grocery stores

The lines are usually pretty short. Although it seems that they're always in use by imbecils who can't seem to figure them out after being in place for 15 years.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Full luxury automated communism requires that most physical labour eventually be done by machines, and increased unemployment under capitalism from the automation of entire professions wholesale will accelerate the crisis of capitalism and force society to rethink its understanding of "working to earn a living", so actually automation is good and we need a lot more of it. It'll be really easy to seize the means of production in lights-off fully-robotic factories and warehouses when all you need is the admin login and password.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

fake news

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
krs-one is the loving man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmGuvIVrjdU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

deadgoon posted:

Afraid the cute cashier will laugh at my medicines for itchy bhole and smelly feet

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/laurenduca/status/877494582308679680

:thunk:

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

A week from today I'm gonna be looking at the Grand Canyon

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

listen here bud,

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KBwK-PmSL8&t=51s

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Technological advancement must be accompanied by class consciousness, otherwise all the positives become negatives for the proletariat :colbert:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

deadgoon posted:

I only leave my apartment approximately once every two weeks to buy groceries like milk that I can't get delivered to my door via Amazon Prime Pantry and I only go to the nearest Wal-Mart at 2AM to avoid human beings and at that time only the automated checkout lanes are open so I have no choice.

But I prefer that to real human cashiers anyway so.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/kingarthurrook/status/877499357221847040

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

deadgoon posted:

if i'm buying 1-2 things on a fill-in trip i'll use it*

*only if there is an open station because holy poo poo no one over 40 can use them and only 1/2 the people under 40 can use them

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/876993059522625536

These Violent Delights

Have Violent Ends

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
night vale tickets go on sale in one hour ten minutes

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

they're not wrong

trumpvoters.gif

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Odd for them to conduct a survey entirely made up of people who follow Bernie Sanders on twitter, but interesting findings nonetheless.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

every time u use a self checkout u are seizing a little bit of the means of production.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

D1E posted:

I only leave my apartment approximately once every two weeks to buy groceries like milk that I can't get delivered to my door via Amazon Prime Pantry and I only go to the nearest Wal-Mart at 2AM to avoid human beings and at that time only the automated checkout lanes are open so I have no choice.

But I prefer that to real human cashiers anyway so.

hey buddy you doing ok

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sexual Lorax posted:

i need a break from all this winning

i mean im pretty much surrounded by decent people in my everyday life coworkers are fine familys tight friends make me laugh

its not a bubble or an illusion my real life is not make believe so where does all this evil come from

im having a legitimate unironic why cant we all just get along crisis here its not milk drinking cay crew bullshit this is trying to reconcile two discrete events of my last 24 hours

the first is taking my lily white caucasian cracker rear end teenage son to his favorite barbershop in madison wisconsin a city much like milwaukee that tries to hide its minority population like its something to be ashamed of but my boy likes going to a straight up black barbershop and i approve so thats where we went

we were the only white folk in there and it was cool one barber finished up and pointed his clippers at me all youre up and i was all no thanks just here with my boy then a short pause looked at myself in the mirror and admitted that yeah im shaggy as hell and desperately need a haircut and we laughed about it

the second is that four year old girl thinking she needed to calm her mom down to keep her alive because cops with guns were around

dear united states and turnip thread i could really use some good news about right now

sir, this doesn't change the fact we're out of diet coke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

deadgoon posted:

sometimes I'm only buying like 4 things, none of them are alcohol, and every actual staffed lane is three families-of-four carts deep while nobody bothers with self checkout

• Locked thread