Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I tried to listen to Chapo Trap House but the combination of constant references to conspiracy theories combined with 7 layers of sarcasm left me feeling very "unwoke"

ed balls is woke without quotes, implying a level of sincerity I'm not even capable of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Serf posted:

how many times does the unthinkable have to happen before we accept that literally anything is now possible

The truth about the world is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it all from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning.

The universe is no narrow thing and the order within it is not constrained by any latitude in its conception to repeat what exists in one part in any other part. Even in this world more things exist without our knowledge than with it and the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way. For existence has its own order and that no man's mind can compass, that mind itself being but a fact among others.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

how much alex jones chili do i need to eat to forget that donald j trump is the 45th president of the united staets

you need to watch the entirety of city slickers, city slickers 2, and city slickers: pig in the city while buttchugging hormel

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
dear balgoona

http://i.imgur.com/lW9ISDT.gifv

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Dirk Pitt posted:

Is this really the Tillerson State Department? I am terribly confused by that press release.

https://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2017/06/272096.htm

the usa is quickly becoming a client state

Serf
May 5, 2011

Shab posted:

I tried to listen to Chapo Trap House but the combination of constant references to conspiracy theories combined with 7 layers of sarcasm left me feeling very "unwoke"

that is the intended effect, yes

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbAqyhujs8

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Serf posted:

that is the intended effect, yes

thas deep

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

fidget spinners getting a little out of control

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

some of the best anime minds and think tanks have tried and failed to come up with a reason for humanform mecha aside from "its coo"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

I'm aware that the title is called My Left Foot and I have seen it.

I was mocking to Serf that he was taunting Daniel Day Lewis by pretending that Serf had assumed there were no left feet.

I was purposefully disingenuous and oblivious to the correct title to fit the joke that you have now ruined because I am here explaining it to you that I am completely clued in instead of organically posting the next joke on a dead comedy forum :shrug:

oh you said nvmnd my bad

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Baloogan posted:

some of the best anime minds and think tanks have tried and failed to come up with a reason for humanform mecha aside from "its coo"

the best part is votoms is better than gundam

in gundam everything is a magical girl robot that transforms and keeps going while damaged

in votoms they get into one fight with 10 of them and they scrap 8 of them to get enough parts so 2 can still work

they just blow up if you look at them

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol, just lol, at America

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

the bad part of votoms is the hero is the magical girl chirico

Serf
May 5, 2011

Baloogan posted:

they're worse than regular rear end tanks in every single way

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
chapo is funny but i dont take it as gospel or let it affect me

its just funny listening to them make fun of insane white supremacists in the same breath as the 'kill all white people' people

they just make fun of dumb poo poo and i like it, the bit ive listened to anywah

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

I was mocking to Serf that he was taunting Daniel Day Lewis by pretending that Serf had assumed there were no left feet.

I was purposefully disingenuous and oblivious to the correct title to fit the joke that you have now ruined because I am here explaining it to you that I am completely clued in instead of organically posting the next joke on a dead comedy forum :shrug:

oh you said nvmnd my bad

ma'am, this is a foot locker :xd:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol my dad was the culmination of centuries of modern medical technology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAjY0U8zLw

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Augus posted:

lol, just lol, at America

forevereal lobotomizing our government and loving it

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
I have never listened to chapo trap house but it sounds like they're monitoring and stealing my ceaselessly agonizing internal monologue via some kind of fillings-based radio wave device so I don't know that it would be an effective reprieve from the constant hell of being me.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Lol TRUMP is in my hometown tonight and some random old men on the street called my friend a disrespectful human being when he said he wasn't going to the rally

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

oh you said nvmnd my bad

tbf my joke was based on literally having no left feet

*beats that deceased equestrian beast harder*

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

My brain is a little bit broken on this because I am interpreting it as extremely stupid. Are we arming two allies, and then allowing them to gang up on each other and not be involved in diplomatic disputes, or is this nothing to be concerned about?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

people sometimes tell me im unusual cuz i can like, pick up keys and stuff with my feet then i remember this vid i saw as a kid of this amputee playin piano with just her feet on the keys

i stil aint figured out how she reached the pedals tho :thunk:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

ma'am, this is a foot locker :xd:

im the combination taco bell foot locker

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Max Scherzer update guys from only the best sports source in America

https://twitter.com/mrgorshin/status/877595703450587136%1E

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

fidget spinners are intense

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Third World Reggin posted:

in gundam everything is a magical girl robot that transforms and keeps going while damaged

in votoms they get into one fight with 10 of them and they scrap 8 of them to get enough parts so 2 can still work

i do need a new military sci fi anime because im running out of new logh media. new book came out yesterday, im half way done it already :S

Serf posted:

they're worse than regular rear end tanks in every single way

high mobility over really lovely terrain (think, blown up cityscape, hosed up mountain range) but even then it makes more sense to just made a more hard core tank.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Dirk Pitt posted:

My brain is a little bit broken on this because I am interpreting it as extremely stupid. Are we arming two allies, and then allowing them to gang up on each other, or is this nothing to be concerned about?

it is concerning and it is really stupid. the saudi's know we won't do poo poo because they charmed trump and trump is too stupid to know what qatar even is.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VelS-YCtHV4

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

also the protagonist constantly loses his and has to steal an enemy's

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

eonwe posted:

im the combination taco bell foot locker

A.D.I.D.A.S. (All Day I Dream About SALSA)

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

fidget spinners getting a little out of control

https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/877262285533847553

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

oh you said nvmnd my bad

I have two feet left lmao

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
grrrrr....errrrr.....I'M SEEING TOO MANY ANIMES!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

A.D.I.D.A.S. (All Day I Dream About SALSA)

:hai:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
mechwarrior franchise is very anime

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yinlock posted:

also the protagonist constantly loses his and has to steal an enemy's

the better votom hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
chapo charging for access to episodes is extremely funny

• Locked thread