Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

Imagine spending $30+ million and getting less votes than a fake candidate that spent nothing.

fewer votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

anime was right posted:

seriously the whole #resist thing feels so fake. like its entirely twitter activism.

i agree w/ the message but i just dont get any sense of authenticity from it.

Ah, sorry... By #resist I meant go catatonic in a pool of my own piss and poo poo for three days, because someone tweeted "Bernie would have won" at me.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/877589492839796736
https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/877590748237090818
https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/877591981513261056

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Montasque posted:

Imagine spending $30+ million and getting less votes than a fake candidate that spent nothing.
:bagl:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

uggghhhhhhh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

yeah i love how the game goes "eh i mean you can do assassin-y poo poo if you want, but also heres four flintlock pistols in case you cant be loving bothered"

A lot of games do stuff like that; in Dishonored/2 you can go to tons of trouble to never be seen by an enemy and never kill anyone and find places to stash all the unconscious bodies so their friends don't find them, or you can shoot people in the loving face and throw grenades and summon invincible magic tornados

Summoning swarms of ravenous plaguebearing rats from nowhere who swarm and devour enemies alive was a lot of fun and also preserved your stealth because nobody could tell where the rats came from

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

SKULL.GIF posted:

jon ossoff was so greedy and money-hungry that in a campaign where he had $30,000,000 to spend, his 'victory' party had a cash bar

All victory parties should have cash bars. Full bars are a waste of money. Like hey man, thanks for giving our campaign $50. We spent it on booze.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
the leader of the resistance goes on 120+ tweetstorm rants about nothing at all and then cries on the living room of his floor in the fetal position

so yes the resistance is slacktivism at its finest

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Democrats do better with higher turnout right?

Right????

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

im glad he lost

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Who corrects someone on the usage less/fewer? I mean come on!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

All victory parties should have cash bars. Full bars are a waste of money. Like hey man, thanks for giving our campaign $50. We spent it on booze.

yeah, if he lost by like 1 vote but had a free bar, he'd be deservedly raked for spending money on booze instead of votes

fortunately we don't live in a world where that happened

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ThndrShk2k posted:

Democrats do better with higher turnout right?

Right????

Idk why people always repeat this because it's never been true. Only in some places.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

Who corrects someone on the usage less/fewer? I mean come on!

cum town

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I want to see Randy Bryce's ad beat this ad up

who the gently caress thought "types a tweet at u and then looks up at u to see if u read it yet but doesn't say anything out loud" was a behavior they should associate themselves with

One of the weirdest consequences of last year is that it made me like Michael Moore :eyepop:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

yup, lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

yeah, if he lost by like 1 vote but had a free bar, he'd be deservedly raked for spending money on booze instead of votes

fortunately we don't live in a world where that happened

no youre supposed to use the booze to buy the votes. god no wonder the dems cant win

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

The more money spent on TV ads people don't watch and mailers people don't read the greater the chance you will win an election - Jeb Bush, President of the United States

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hot take but ive always liked Michael Moore

like yeah hes loud and obnoxious, hes a polemicist hes supposed to be loud and obnoxious

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

It's better to waste it on booze than on 10 seconds of ads that no one sees due to cord cutters and who the gently caress watches TV in the demographic they need to attract anyway oh wait they wanted to pay their buddies in the media because they're corrupt.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the real heroes are unironically the ones who bang down office doors and throw dog poo poo and they're sending more of a message than anyone constantly posting on twitter, a site that verifies neo-nazis and daesh and bans people for saying "gently caress" at said people, is

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

u guys ever think about how much money is in off shore accounts.... i bet it's a lot

We should redirect our military from war on terror to war on tax evaders imo

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/MattGlassman312/status/877590546973413380

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/877591026025635840

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

like yeah hes loud and obnoxious, hes a polemicist hes supposed to be loud and obnoxious

I will admit my former dislike of Michael Moore might have something to do with the fact that he was most relevant in the 2000s when my own political views were godawful

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Imo if you're collecting donations to elect a candidate, you have a moral obligation to spend every dime on activities that at least conceivably are related to winning votes, to the best of your ability. I always get infuriated by campaign staff that spend campaign money on themselves. It's not for you.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

haha jesus loving christ the democrats really are as out of touch as republicans portray them to be

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
when will the democrats run on the simple, time-tested, winning platform of "all power to the soviets"????

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Idk why people always repeat this because it's never been true. Only in some places.
Well it's the entire democratic political base that repeats it so they can focus on GOTV rather than 50 state strategy.

It's true though... if they attract the people who usually do not vote.
Democrats don't do that though, they just get republicans to vote and wonder why they lose.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I like to fatshame michael moore, the way i like it when steve bannon fatshames sean spicer

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

That has been the Clinton's strategy for the last quarter century.

Serf
May 5, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

when will the democrats run on the simple, time-tested, winning platform of "all power to the soviets"????

2017 just like 1917

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
full open bars would literally be a better use of money than what the dccc is currently doing :bagl:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

is this real oh my goddd

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ThndrShk2k posted:

Well it's the entire democratic political base that repeats it so they can focus on GOTV rather than 50 state strategy.

It's true though... if they attract the people who usually do not vote.
Democrats don't do that though, they just get republicans to vote and wonder why they lose.

Yes well everyone talks about bringing out people who usually don't vote, and no one has ever been able to do it. And many of those voters are not Democrats or Dem-leaning.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

No

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Soviet union: world power, massive increase to Russian quality of life, killed the most Nazis im ww2

Democrat party: barely holds on in areas they win, killed more Americans than any other thing through warmongering, thinks Nazis should have a voice in their partyp

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ive always held the opinion that we need more michael moores even if i dont really want that to be how we win.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i like this one because you can imagine instead of tweets they're text boxes from a jrpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

Soviet union: world power, massive increase to Russian quality of life, killed the most Nazis im ww2

Democrat party: barely holds on in areas they win, killed more Americans than any other thing through warmongering, thinks Nazis should have a voice in their partyp

i wasn't being sarcastic

• Locked thread