Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
lol if you have hats turned off instead of glamoring to glasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The best dialogue response is whenever they let you work in the Scions passphrase in completely inappropriate ways.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

unseenlibrarian posted:

The best dialogue response is whenever they let you work in the Scions passphrase in completely inappropriate ways.

I hope they inexplicably remember that in the last couple of SB quests like they remembered the echo at level 66.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

FutureCop posted:

And speaking of stoic, I do love how in ARR they outright comment on how they're not sure why they bother even asking you to help sometimes, as you just nod to everything they say. Alphinaud wishes he could have a million of you to throw at every problem in existence.

My favorite part is when best NPC Fufulupa calls you out on it early in either 2.1 or 2.2

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

FutureCop posted:

And speaking of stoic, I do love how in ARR they outright comment on how they're not sure why they bother even asking you to help sometimes, as you just nod to everything they say. Alphinaud wishes he could have a million of you to throw at every problem in existence.

That line is pretty good. Ah you are just going to do another of your stoic silent nods again aren't you?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

hobbesmaster posted:

I hope they inexplicably remember that in the last couple of SB quests like they remembered the echo at level 66.

Nah, they remember the echo earlier than that, just...really obliquely. There's some dialogue right before the first primal fight that's like "Well, we can't go fight it. You know why." because the folks with you don't have the echo and would get tempered.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I meant the echo cutscenes

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

unseenlibrarian posted:

You remember any examples? I've totally forgotten about this but it sounds great.

I rarely find myself able to pick anything but the nice/heroic options. I can't seem my WoL as anything but a super nice force of absolute destruction. I don't think I could even bring myself to choose "piss of, kupo." since that felt a little too mean / unwarranted. (That said, the quest that has you slap a moogle is pretty great. )

E: Speaking of cutscenes, switching from BLM to RDM was a good choice. There was an SB cutscene where the WoL ambushes a garlean mook - he sort of flops over to reveal the WoL standing with their weapon drawn. As RDM it looks like I legit just stabbed the dude, I can't imagine how silly it would have looked if I was kind of holding a staff vaguely threateningly.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 21, 2017

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Eorzean metaphysics is pretty awesome, can't wait for ethys asher's take on new info

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

I meant the echo cutscenes

The postcognition aspect of the Echo comes and goes as it will. They've made that one pretty clear.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MotU posted:

My WoL has had hats turned off since...I think since I dropped my Final Coil gear because his hair is great and glasses are for nerds. I think I might've made an exception for the PLD crown you get at 50 since it doesn't actually block anything. I just think the ears on helmets look kinda silly.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

You remember any examples? I've totally forgotten about this but it sounds great.

I rarely find myself able to pick anything but the nice/heroic options. I can't seem my WoL as anything but a super nice force of absolute destruction. I don't think I could even bring myself to choose "piss of, kupo." since that felt a little too mean / unwarranted. (That said, the quest that has you slap a moogle is pretty great. )

E: Speaking of cutscenes, switching from BLM to RDM was a good choice. There was an SB cutscene where the WoL ambushes a garlean mook - he sort of flops over to reveal the WoL standing with their weapon drawn. As RDM it looks like I legit just stabbed the dude, I can't imagine how silly it would have looked if I was kind of holding a staff vaguely threateningly.

So right after you pray return and find all the bodies after Titan, one of your options is bust in to the church near drybone and tearfully tell the priest "The Wild Roses are dead, father!"

There's a couple other moments where you say things like "I go where the Wild Rose blooms" when asked why you adventure and so on and it's pretty much always met with confusion by everyone, since you know, it's a secret passphrase that no one else ever uses -ever-.

Which suggests the WoL is a big dork who likes the idea of having a secret passcode.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ethys also made a video on how the WoL seems to be getting more ability to make their own decisions back in HW, and it's definitely continued in SB.

In ARR you never got to pick dialog options, you were basically a tool for the Scions. In HW, you've definitely made a name for yourself and you have a bunch of questions you can answer with 2 choices. In SB you're an equal or superior to any other scion and immediately given 3 to (in a couple cases) 5 responses.

They obviously can't change quests based on your choices or anything like that yet, so at most you get a single changed response line to what you say, but the feeling is there and I really like it.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Post credits stingers were all good. Good omens for Omega's story being not trash. Giant hole in the ground adventures with Cid, Jessie, and Nero, who's so cool he wears sunglasses at night.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Skaw posted:

So the client update didn't fix Battle Voice being able to miss and be dodged by your party members yet? Uggggh.

i doubt this is going to be fixed since it's the same problem as baning the same moment you hit tri-disaster or sidewindering on the gcd you caustic bite. i haven't missed a single BV since i started doing it on the gcd after WM

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MotU posted:

Glasses should be their own cosmetic gear slot. Please Yoship, please.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Glasses should be their own cosmetic gear slot. Please Yoship, please.

PS3 is dead, so let's reintroduce visible belt slots too.

Hell it's a Final Fantasy game, give us three of those.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Waist, arms, chest and legs could all have their own belt slots.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

It's weird. I logged in, downloaded a patch and then launched the game, but I didn't have a letter in my mailbox containing compensation for the 3 days the servers weren't working. Anyone else encounter this bug?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are you even supposed to still have the echo? Didn't you get your connection severed?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Are you even supposed to still have the echo? Didn't you get your connection severed?

You never lose the echo. It's the blessing of Hydaelin that you lose. It's sometimes a bit murky that there's a difference since both are talked about as being a gift from Hydaelin, but you are born with the echo and you receive the blessing specifically to do a job at Hydaelin's request.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Aphrodite posted:

Midgardsormr ate your Blessing of Light, which is a separate thing from the Echo, and we built it back since then over the course of Heavensward.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Aphrodite posted:

Your connection was severed with Hydaelyn blocking your blessing of light. The echo came prior the her blessing and nobody can really touch the echo, because few outside of the Ascians truly understand what it is.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
That was your direct blessing of light from hydaelyn. Then you become even a bigger badass without it and get it back on top of that. You never lost the echo though

Omega teaser
i like how Nero is the majima to cids kiryu

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

You'd think this would've been already in the game, or on the Mogstation.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have to say, walking around the cities, Omega is looking very populated. No wonder they had to add another server!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vadoc posted:

You'd think this would've been already in the game, or on the Mogstation.

Honestly surprised Auron's outfit never got added.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

strong bird posted:

It's weird. I logged in, downloaded a patch and then launched the game, but I didn't have a letter in my mailbox containing compensation for the 3 days the servers weren't working. Anyone else encounter this bug?

i am experiencing a similar, if not same bug. who can I let know about this??

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Brainamp posted:

Honestly surprised Auron's outfit never got added.

had to wait for samurai to get in 14, now they've got no excuse not to

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

this is the future liberals want

https://twitter.com/9ukka/status/877410593359020032?s=09

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The gap between tiers is gigantic now anyway. Nearly a whole year between Zidane and Squall cosplay.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Aphrodite posted:

The gap between tiers is gigantic now anyway. Nearly a whole year between Zidane and Squall cosplay.

I'm pretty sure that's why they are adopting a new system.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Skaw posted:

So the client update didn't fix Battle Voice being able to miss and be dodged by your party members yet? Uggggh.

Wait, this is a thing? I thought I was crazy when I dodged Battle Voice on SCH yesterday.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FFXIV NoClip documentary has a real trailer now. Looks like the first part comes out Friday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmXBHaq4YkA

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

strong bird posted:

The servers were up almost the entire time so you probably aren't going to get anything

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I kinda hope they don't do anything so I can watch him have another melt down.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

You use the Echo all throughout Heavensward, which is right after your connection with Hydaelyn is severed. They're separate things, even though the dialog doesn't always do a good job of communicating that.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

How many non-msq 4.0 dungeons are there?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

strong bird posted:

This is the FFXIV thread.

The FFBE gacha thread is elsewhere in Games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

The servers were up almost the entire time so you probably aren't going to get anything

Servers being up while you can't play 50-70% of the game is not much of a consolation.

But you're not wrong. I do wish companies were a bit more generous about time compensation in the face of game problems and downtime. Even if you can math out the downtime to be a pretty small amount of your sub time/ pocket change it still seem it'd be a lot nice of a message then "tough titties."

Shy posted:

How many non-msq 4.0 dungeons are there?

I've heard 3. One sidequest in ruby sea + the two EX dungeons.