Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Chairman Capone posted:

Well, up until this point, Kennedy and other people involved in the Star Wars movies have claimed that there's no studio interference at all in their writers and directors. It was either Rian Johnson or the Rogue One writers who claimed they asked for more studio involvement because they were supposedly given so much leeway.

and if you believe that (especially given what we know about Rogue One's production), I have a bridge to sell you. Unless Rogue One is actually the reason they jumped up Lord/Miller's asses so they didn't have to retool it half a year before it came out. Which, irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Shageletic posted:

Your politics are swamping over your cultural taste. I've seen better argued railing against "politically liberal" media at r/donald.

What a nothing rebuttal...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

ruddiger posted:

That was such a great crossover.

He even had the same issue with Batman.

Relevant to superhero name choices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxrxKPg4mZs

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've seen somebody telling me DC movies will be better now that Geoff Johns is in charge because they won't be so dark, but isn't his stuff incredibly dark? And want he in charge already and this was just a PR job title change?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I've seen somebody telling me DC movies will be better now that Geoff Johns is in charge because they won't be so dark, but isn't his stuff incredibly dark? And want he in charge already and this was just a PR job title change?

Geoff Johns is so hopeful!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

Geoff Johns is so hopeful!

I did mention he has a thing about arms being ripped off, is that accurate being that one panel? Also who is that

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

I wasn't being serious, and there's no way that was the reason why Lord and Miller walked. That said, I've only seen Alden in Beautiful Creatures, and I thought he was pretty bad in that so :shrug:

They didn't walk, they were fired. That movie was always going to be hard pressed to stick the landing. This likely means it's screwed.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I did mention he has a thing about arms being ripped off, is that accurate being that one panel? Also who is that

I can't even remember if he's ripped off more than that one arm or not. Been a long time.
Superboy Prime is the ripper, and the ripee is some Teen Titan. Lots of Teen Titans did what they do best that day. Get themselves killed.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Captain Underpants is technically a comic book movie hero, right?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I wonder if they forgot that he was "in charge" of Green Lantern.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

If there's one character I hate more than Jason Todd, it's Superboy Whine Prime.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Geoff Johns is dark in the same way Zack Snyder is dark, which is to say, he likes to pile on some really tough poo poo to make his heroes look that much better. And yes, it involves an almost absurd amount of arm-ripping.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

If there's one character I hate more than Jason Todd, it's Superboy Whine Prime.

He is basically the worst nerd ever, that's why. I like the concept of the character though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Red Hood is Batman's Shadow The Hedgehog.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Equeen posted:

:psyduck: why now? why so late into production?

Joss Whedon's hunger for taking over other directors' movies just before they're finished is now unquenchable.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

thrawn527 posted:

They didn't walk, they were fired. That movie was always going to be hard pressed to stick the landing. This likely means it's screwed.

Yes, I read that in another article sometime afterward. At the time there was no clarifying statement regarding the reason behind Lord and Miller's departure, just that they were no longer directing the film.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Geoff Johns is such a weird guy to go with for a film series that is so Batmancentric. Johns really doesn't get Batman. Not even in a "Not my Batman" sort of way. He just doesn't really have any sort of handle on the character.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

hiddenriverninja posted:

"I'll kill you, I'll kill you to death" will always make me laugh

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Looks like Jonah Hill got into really good shape after piling it on for War Dogs.
https://twitter.com/Mmartinez94Mark/status/875864290544283649
What comic book character could he play if he goes full Chris Pratt? Guy Gardner?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

teagone posted:

Looks like Jonah Hill got into really good shape after piling it on for War Dogs.
What comic book character could he play if he goes full Chris Pratt? Guy Gardner?

Groo the Wanderer

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Puck

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The one from Gargoyles

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

teagone posted:

whichever Green Lantern he played in the Lego movies

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

teagone posted:

Still the softest boy on the inside.
https://twitter.com/bummermaid/status/877190894511730688

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Groo the Wanderer

Unironically loving yes

I would also totally accept Buff Jonah Hill as Blue Beetle or Booster Gold

e: he could be Goldballs in an X-Men movie!

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Unironically loving yes

Is Goldballs still around? One of the worst things about X-Men comics is that each writer introduces new characters that are pretty much forgotten forever when creative teams change.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

23 X-Street, he and Channing Tatum play Cyclops and Wolverine. In either arrangement.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That is the face of a man who yearns for pizza and donuts. Happy for the guy, hope he keeps on making them gainz.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Unironically loving yes

Goldballs is rooming with Spider-Man (Miles) atm cause he's still in school.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Jonah Hill is going to kill himself from transitioning to overweight->skinny->overweight between every single movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GonSmithe posted:

Jonah Hill is going to kill himself from transitioning to overweight->skinny->overweight between every single movie.

It's a shame Christian Bale is older than Hill. Bale would have died playing Hill in his biopic.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

teagone posted:

That is the face of a man who yearns for pizza and donuts. Happy for the guy, hope he keeps on making them gainz.

Looks more like the face of a guy who's realized that DOMS is a constant fact of life when you're working as hard as he obviously is.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GonSmithe posted:

I was going to say, this is, what, the third or fourth time he's done a massive 50-plus-pound weight swing in the span of a few months? That's incredibly unhealthy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hill needs to stay super jacked and Tatum needs to put on 70 pounds and get chubby for the 23 Jump Street

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Timby posted:

I was going to say, this is, what, the third or fourth time he's done a massive 50-plus-pound weight swing in the span of a few months? That's incredibly unhealthy.

Think it took him roughly two years to get from how he looked in War Dogs to what he looks like in those recent photos. I'm assuming this based on when production for War Dogs started back in March 2015.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hill needs to stay super jacked and Tatum needs to put on 70 pounds and get chubby for the 23 Jump Street

That would be amazing but unfortunately he still has to be Gambit at some point.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That's even better for the X-Men / Jump Street crossover.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gambit should be fat anyway, he lives in New Orleans

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bedshaped posted:

That would be amazing but unfortunately he still has to be Gambit at some point.

Fat Gambit can't stop eating gumbo and king cakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I don't care about anything else, but they simply must get Nic Cage to be Gambit's dad. He'll do any movie set in New Orleans for free and loves comics. It's a perfect fit.

• Locked thread