Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Shy posted:

How many non-msq 4.0 dungeons are there?

1 optional dungeon, level 63.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Alright guys, Stormblood hasn't even been out a week and people are already trying to name and shame new players who use Jump Potions. My advice to you? Don't. Give people a chance for god's sake. I get that some people are going to be new and or bad, it's just how the patch cycle goes. Do we really need to start this trend when Stormblood hasn't even been out for a full official week? I think not.

We're a community praised for our generosity and overall welcoming feel. Let's not ruin it. If you suspect someone used a Jump Potion and you're not on board with playing with them, then kindly leave the party, don't bring it to the subreddit in hopes of farming up karma and inflating you're own ego because you think it's okay to do so. It's not. We're better than this guys. C'mon.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

1 optional dungeon, level 63.

Oh alright its the one in the ruby sea? Is the starter quest in the same zone?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Shy posted:

Yup. In the Au Ra underwater village.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Shy posted:

The quest to unlock the dungeon is in the Ruby Sea.

Spoiler details location info:

One of the NPCs in the under water Au Ra village will start it. It's a blue quest that offers an aethercurrent reward.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Shy posted:

Yeah, the starter quest is in Ruby Sea. Marked by one of the blue quest symbols with a + on it.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Which are the two EX dungeons? I'm hoping one's Bardam and the second boss is the same but more ridiculous

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

Which are the two EX dungeons? I'm hoping one's Bardam and the second boss is the same but more ridiculous

Kugane Castle and Temple of the Fist.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Alright guys, Stormblood hasn't even been out a week and people are already trying to name and shame new players who use Jump Potions. My advice to you? Don't. Give people a chance for god's sake. I get that some people are going to be new and or bad, it's just how the patch cycle goes. Do we really need to start this trend when Stormblood hasn't even been out for a full official week? I think not.

We're a community praised for our generosity and overall welcoming feel. Let's not ruin it. If you suspect someone used a Jump Potion and you're not on board with playing with them, then kindly leave the party, don't bring it to the subreddit in hopes of farming up karma and inflating you're own ego because you think it's okay to do so. It's not. We're better than this guys. C'mon.

I jump potioned paladin literally just from 50-60, as a grand show of my affluence

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I'd pay quite a bit of cash for a level all crafters from 1-50 or 50-60 potion so i can get back to repairing my own gear.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

I've heard 3. One sidequest in ruby sea + the two EX dungeons.

Sorry missed the post, so the other two are unlockable already as well?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The second dungeon is neat. Name: Shisui. I'm not sure if it's for my taste but the Caster set from there is decidedly not casterish by this game's standards.

Holyshoot posted:

my favourite thing was the title "we're better than this"

i guess you don't know me, the internet or MMO's eh buddy?

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Shy posted:

Sorry missed the post, so the other two are unlockable already as well?

The other two dungeons are post main story.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Wangsbig posted:

I jump potioned paladin literally just from 50-60, as a grand show of my affluence

i jumped my drg from 55 to 60 you disgusting pauper

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm not sure if it's for my taste but the Caster set from there is decidedly not casterish by this game's standards.

The TANK gear isn't tankish by this game's standards. You get slutplate, you get slutplate, EVERYBODY GETS SLUTPLATE!

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 21, 2017

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

lol if you have hats turned off instead of glamoring to glasses

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

if you are level 66, 67, 68 or 69 and you are leveling in pvp, i need exp value for a Frontline match please. i'm making a chart since i haven't seen anyone else make one.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The TANK gear isn't tankish by this game's standards. You get slutplate, you get slutplate, EVERYBODY GETS SLUTPLATE!

That might be slut something, but I don't know about calling it slutplate.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Underwater lizard nobles have poo poo for fashion sense.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
At least this game doesn't do the thing so common in other MMOs where the armor looks like that on female characters and like a head-to-toe set of full plate on male characters

e: the only example I can think of with extreme gender differences is dragoon AF1

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

At least this game doesn't do the thing so common in other MMOs where the armor looks like that on female characters and like a head-to-toe set of full plate on male characters

e: the only example I can think of with extreme gender differences is dragoon AF1

Equal opportunity cake

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
EXDR is damned good this time around. Neverreap kiss my rear end.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

There's a crafter chest that shows some cleavage on women but not men, but yeah I've generally found that there's not a lot of gender disparity.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Minrad posted:

EXDR is damned good this time around. Neverreap kiss my rear end.

Both ex dungeons are good this time around. I guessed the boss of one from the text before going in and he did not disappoint. He was also revealed in the benchmark so I figured he'd show up somewhere.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Both ex dungeons are good this time around.

There's three dungeons this time actually :getin:

The lochs feels criminally underused. I hope it's not another Asyz La, that place felt so lifeless and underused.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Minrad posted:

The lochs feels criminally underused. I hope it's not another Asyz La, that place felt so lifeless and underused.

Does the level 70 story dungeon actually show up in ex roulette? Because I'd be very ok with that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Minrad posted:

The underwater area has at least one spot that looks like a dungeon entrance, at least

Underwater in the Lochs looks super cool in general and I can't wait to be high enough level to spearfish there

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Does the level 70 story dungeon actually show up in ex roulette? Because I'd be very ok with that.

It does!

cheetah7071 posted:

The underwater area has at least one spot that looks like a dungeon entrance, at least

Underwater in the Lochs looks super cool in general and I can't wait to be high enough level to spearfish there

Yeah, the whole underwater cave vibe kinda gives me the creeps a bit though, those places are death traps IRL. I could see it making some people really uncomfortable.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Brainamp posted:

Underwater lizard nobles have poo poo for fashion sense.

"Are you positive this is the Princess

This looks like a random asian themed stripper to me"

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That tower challenge don't gently caress around. Had to tap out after 40 minutes of trying. I will say I am both impressed and totally jealous of everyone who pulled it off.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The moment I noticed the turtle people aren't turtles at all was :stare:

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Just means we might get a shell!

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

they are not wrong

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wangsbig posted:

they are not wrong

The question is why he didn't call out DRKs too

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

The question is why he didn't call out DRKs too

square forgot them why shouldn't he

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Some of the SB A rank hunts are real assholes. The minotaur in the Lochs that stole Mahisha's name (why did they do this again) has a mountain of hp for ~i300 people to chew through and periodically eats some unlucky sucker in addition to the usual cyclops attacks. It didn't help that the servers were busy trying to kick us out to the lobby the whole time too.

I still can't figure out who to give the cracked materia he dropped to, either.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Materia trader next to materia melder in Rhalgar's

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nice back to 2.0 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya