Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Go gently caress yourself Nick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I love Mitch because he quietly defeated oabama :unsmith:

I also like how his wife is going to sell our infrastructure to foreign oligarchs :unsmith:

It's what America deserves lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paranoid randroid posted:

i like a little acid in my dairy lipids

i prefer a little balsamic in my milk, personally.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

paranoid randroid posted:

i like a little acid in my dairy lipids

just lol if you aren't starting your day with a tall frosty glass of buttermilk

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
7 up milk sounds like one of thong things and idiot kid would come up with, along with apple juice in cereal and peanut butter and jam and cheese sandwiches, both original creations do not steal

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

William Bear posted:

Wanted to run this argument for the existence of the piss tape past some people:

If, as some have suggested, there is no piss tape and Steele's sources were just making it up to brag, why claim what was claimed?

If I was bragging about my influence as a member of the Russian intelligence community, I would brag about something normal. I would boast that we had Trump on tape having sex with prostitutes, having sex with an underage girl, or being peed on by prostitutes.

But that isn't the claim!

The claim is specifically that Trump hired hookers to "perform a 'golden showers' (urination) show in front of him" specifically to spite the Obamas for sleeping on that bed once, to "defile" it.

Who would make that poo poo up? Why would they propose something so stupid?

I call this the Argument from Piss, and I await your thoughts.

It is very specific and I cannot wait for it to be proven true, but Russians deliberately foster a culture of deception in their foreign relations. It's not that they will lie when presented with reality, that's something everyone does, but rather it's that they will construct wildly elaborate lies to suck you into a swamp of deception to confuse your actions. A Suck Zone, if you would. It's highly similar to Trump's behavior, which is almost permanently dedicated to confusing his opponents and knocking them off balance. Lies, even pointless, random and even self harming lies, can cause someone to misstep. And, as a tactic, it is reliant on a belief in absolutes such as "Why would anyone ever????".

The defiling of Obama's bed, and every other thing Trump has done towards his legacy, is signature Trump. How it perfectly reflects on his personality, almost to the point where it would literally be impossible for anyone else to be so vulgar, petty and hilarious other than Trump. I agree with your logic I just also think that the Russians would do this just to waste everyone's time. This is simply beyond their level of expertise.

The Piss Tape is Real.

The Mattering is Real.

*shudders uncontrollably*

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
not sure how the student loan bubble bursts considering most of the debt is held by the federal government and there are already so many people in default.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/877380629679263744

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

not sure how the student loan bubble bursts considering most of the debt is held by the federal government and there are already so many people in default.

maybe its not a bubble full of air but rather a thin spherical shell enclosing a perfect vacuum

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

how many garlic cloves can you fit in yourmouth

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

just lol if you aren't starting your day with a tall frosty glass of buttermilk

now thats some good sippin

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mr. Sharps posted:

maybe its not a bubble full of air but rather a thin spherical shell enclosing a perfect vacuum

an...orb???

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

a helpful bear posted:

i keep seeing this come up but i thought the house voted to make sure they were NOT exempt immediately after they passed the bill? did they do some sneaky poo poo and re-instate their healthcare?

Apparently there's a second bill the house passed which would, indeed, not exempt them

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Reality Winner posted:

7 up milk sounds like one of thong things and idiot kid would come up with, along with apple juice in cereal and peanut butter and jam and cheese sandwiches, both original creations do not steal

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

bubbles uh.. find a way

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Solarin posted:

bubbles uh.. find a way

(it's not really a bubble)

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
can someone copy and paste that long trump-russia summary with sources? its a goon made post and is updated once inawhile

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

(it's not really a bubble)

*looks at cost of higher education over the past 20 years*

lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So when the US economy crashes and hamburgers are 10¢ again should I invest the 100 left in my ira in them or

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
adam west once used buttermilk to defeat the pharaoh and his nefarious poisons

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Humidora posted:

Apparently there's a second bill the house passed which would, indeed, not exempt them

Which matters little in the grand scheme of things because they have enough income to buy whatever insurance they want.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Reality Winner posted:

adam west once used buttermilk to defeat the pharaoh and his nefarious poisons

I imagine there was a giant sign that said BUTTERMILK on it

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it bursts when the government starts sticking student debt holders into prison for not paying the debt and said debt holders start to kill themselves or others rather than be placed into debtors prisons and new students stop buying those debts

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

So when the US economy crashes and hamburgers are 10¢ again should I invest the 100 left in my ira in them or

SA avatars.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Obama's BFF and decorum representative

https://twitter.com/SteveScalise/status/877614176327348224

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Solarin posted:

lol

something rising in cost is not in and of itself a bubble. this isn't the housing market where people are under tons of debt to private companies with no return on their investment. tuition rates have climbed but college graduates still earn a lot more than those without degrees and only a fraction of the debt is held by private entities so you don't have the collapse of companies necessary for a bubble like the housing market.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

hot take from a felon
https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/877648199669952513

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NecroMonster posted:

it bursts when the government starts sticking student debt holders into prison for not paying the debt and said debt holders start to kill themselves and others rather than be placed into debtors prisons

:killing:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Is this a bad person or something because I 100%agree with that

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Humidora posted:

Oh, interesting I missed that, thanks!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Central "Intelligence" Agency :smug:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Chokes McGee posted:

Is this a bad person or something because I 100%agree with that

he's referring to the black caucus as the plantation owners

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

succ posted:

can someone copy and paste that long trump-russia summary with sources? its a goon made post and is updated once inawhile

The Players

Leonard Blavatnik is a Ukraine-born American businessman. He made his fortune through diversified investments in myriad companies through his conglomerate company, Access Industries. In 2015, he was named Britain's richest man with an estimated net worth of £17.1 billion as of April 2015. He and a friend from university, Viktor Vekselberg, joined with Mikhail Fridman's Alfa Group to form the AAR venture, which in 2011 was responsible for stopping the BP merger with Rosneft Oil, the Russian state-owned petrocorp (1). In March 2013, at Deutsche Bank in Frankfurt, there was a transfer of nearly $28 billion in U.S. currency from an account controlled by Rosneft, to one controlled by four Russian billionaires: Blavatnik, Vekselberg, Mikhail Fridman, and German Khan (2). Rosneft Chief Executive Igor Sechin, often described as Russia's second-most-powerful man, was the central figure behind the deal.

In addition to funding Trump's inauguration party, Blavatnik has long funded Mitch McConnell's super-PAC, the Senate Leadership Fund; see FEC filings showing donations of $1M in December 2015, $500k in April 2016, and $1M on October 25 2016; note that AI Altep is a shell company of Access Industries (3). Also notice that Stephen Schwarzman of Blackstone shows up for more than $2M on the October 25 filing, having also given $370k just one week prior. In October 2016, the dark-money super-PAC One Nation donates $11M to the Senate Leadership Fund, with which they share an office.

Following his election, Trump appointed as Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao -- who is Mitch McConnell's wife and donated $42k to campaigns of Senators who would later vote on her confirmation, including her husband. During the Obama-Trump transition, McConnell had raised doubts about the CIA's report that Russian hacking affected the election, and made clear that "he would consider any effort by the Obama White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan politics" (4). In mid-2016, McConnell's brother-in-law Jim Breyer (husband of Chao's sister Angela, the CEO of the Bank of China, and a billionaire investor in his own right) joined the board of Schwarzman's Blackstone Group. Almost a year later, following a $110B+ arms deal brokered with Saudi Arabia by Jared Kushner, the Saudis subsequently announced a $20B+ investment into Blackstone Group for U.S. infrastructure. Blackstone, especially the real estate arm led by Jonathan Gray, haslong been involved with Kushner's enterprises.

A handwritten ledger surfaced in Ukraine in 2016 with dollar amounts and dates next to the name of Paul Manafort, who was then Donald Trump’s campaign chairman. Ukrainian investigators called it evidence of off-the-books payments from a pro-Russian political party. Financial records confirmed that at least $1.2 million in payments listed in the ledger next to Manafort’s name were actually received by his consulting firm in the United States in 2007 and 2009 (5). Manafort's political ties to former Ukrainian PM Viktor Yanukovich have been well documented.

The Timeline

On June 14 2016, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Speaker Paul Ryan have separate meetings with Ukrainian Prime Minister Vladimir Groysman, in which Groysman talks about Russia's financial support of populist politicians and their efforts to undermine democratic governments in Eastern Europe. The next day, McCarthy joked to Ryan and other GOP leaders that he thinks "Putin pays…Trump", after which Ryan laughs and tells the group not to leak the conversation (read the transcript here).

In August 2016, CIA Director John Brennan informs Congressional leadership (the Gang of Eight, as well as Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan) that Russia is intervening in the American election on behalf of Trump. On August 4 2016, Brennan confronts the head of Russia's FSB about the matter.

According to the famous "Steele Dossier" that comes to light in December 2016, one of Steele's inside sources describes the July 2016 meeting between Igor Sechin and Carter Page, Trump policy adviser from his campaign and foreign policy team. (In October, Russian experts would conclude that the inside source was probably a former KGB general, Oleg Erovinkin. In late December 2016, Erovinkin is found dead in his car.) According to the dossier, Sechin offers to broker a 19% sale of Rosneft to Trump's associates in return for the lifting of economic sanctions on Russia (image). Page has an audio recording of Trump promising to fulfill his end of the bargain. During the months of the general election, Trump's campaign has at least 18 undisclosed meetings/contacts with Russian officials.

On Election Day 2016, Stephen Schwarzman's housekeeper is pushed under a subway train (image, bottom]).

Following Trump's victory in November, the transition team quickly began moving to develop sanction relief for Russia, causing alarmed State Dept. officials to urge legislation codifying the sanctions. In early December, Kushner has a meeting with the Russian ambassador/spymaster Sergey Kislyak at Trump Tower, in which the men discuss the possibility of a secret back-channel for communications between the Trump team and the Kremlin.

In January 2017, 19.5% of Rosneft Oil is sold to a shell-of-shell-of-shell holding owned by (at the end of the chain) the trust company Intertrust [see the middle of image for holdings flowchart from Reuters, and tracing through shells from QHG to Intertrust]. Intertrust's major shareholder is Blackstone Group and therefore Stephen Schwarzman, who had been named chairman of the strategic and policy forum by Trump in December (he was offered a full-time role in the administration, but declined). Schwarzman now controls around 19% of Rosneft, as promised by Sechin, and has been seen with Trump at Mar-a-lago and many public events (image, bottom]). He remains a constant advisor to Trump.

On January 10 2017, Susan Rice, (Obama’s NSA), consults Michael Flynn about a plan to retake Raqqa from ISIS with the help of Syrian Kurdish forces. (The plan would have been executed under Trump, so Obama’s team wanted Flynn’s approval.) Flynn’s decision is to forestall the attack, an answer that happens to conform to the wishes of the Turkish government, which was benefiting from his lobbying work for which Flynn was paid at least $500,000. While Trump would eventually approve the military plan, Flynn’s decision 10 days before Trump took office delays the operation by several months. Flynn informs the Trump transition team that he is under investigation by the FBI for having been a foreign agent.

On January 27 2017, Donald Trump invites FBI Director James Comey to the White House for a private dinner, in which he asks for Comey's loyalty and assurances that there is no Russia investigation. The memos written by Comey regarding this and other conversations with Trump substantially corroborate his testimony before Congress.

In February, Trump asks Pence and Sessions to leave the Oval Office before pressuring Comey again to drop the Flynn investigation; Comey writes a detailed memo about this conversation. In March, Trump asked the director of national intelligence and the director of the National Security Agency to make statements confirming that the investigation had cleared him.

In late March, Flynn requests immunity from the Senate Intelligence Committee and the FBI in return for his testimony; his lawyer claims he has "a story to tell". On April 1 2017, this request is denied.

On April 27 2017, the "Mayflower Meeting" is held, shortly before Trump's first foreign policy speech, having been organized by his campaign chair Paul Manafort and Kremlin-think-tank coordinator Jacob Heilbrunn. In the room are Jeff Sessions (photo), Jared Kushner, and Manafort, along with ambassadors from Russia, Singapore, and the Philippines, and unidentified representatives from Rosneft. Trump's Secretary of Commerce is Wilbur Ross. He is the former vice-chair of the Bank of Cyprus, of which Vekselberg is the major shareholder. Ross, Schwarzman, Blavatnik, and McConnell/Chao would put together an $1T infrastructure plan that would depend on foreign money, as Chao admitted to Sean Hannity on Fox News on March 1 2017.

On May 9 2017, James Comey is fired as FBI Director, the week after he visited the "rocket docket" in federal court for the Eastern District of Virginia, and just days after he requested more resources for the Trump/Russia investigation. On May 10 2017, Trump meets with Russian FM Sergey Lavrov and Russian ambassador/spymaster Sergey Kislyak, in the Oval Office, without American press allowed but in the presence of Russian state media. At this meeting, Trump divulges code-word classified information from an Israeli intelligence source regarding the ISIS laptop-bomb plot; this source is said to be the most important double agent now working in ISIS, according to the Israeli Directorate of Military Intelligence (Aman). Trump also refers to Comey as a "nut job", and claims to the Russians that the investigation will be over now that Comey is gone (6). The same day of the Oval Office meeting with Russian diplomats, a federal grand jury in EDVA hands down multiple subpoenas for business/lobbying associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, regarding his foreign contacts in Turkey (Ekim Alptekin) and Russia (David Zaikin).

On May 11 2017, the Strategic Campaign Group's office is raided in Annapolis by the FBI and U.S. Marshals following the warrants handed down by EDVA from two separate grand juries, corresponding to ~25 indictments regarding money-laundering and many other charges. Less than a week later, former FBI Director Robert Mueller is appointed by the Deputy Attorney General to oversee the Russia investigation. In testimony before the House Intelligence Committee on May 23 2017, former CIA Director John Brennan verified that in August 2016 he had informed the Gang of Eight and others (including Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan) that Russia was intervening in the election on Trump's behalf. In late May, Jared Kushner is revealed to be among the targets of the FBI's Russia probe.

On June 2 2017, Mueller assumes control over the federal grand jury criminal investigations of Paul Manafort and Michael Flynn. James Comey testifies before the Senate Intel Committee on June 8 2017. The following week, Mueller's team confirms that they are investigating the president in part for obstruction of justice with respect to Comey and the Russia probe; as a result, Senate Intel agrees to avoid pursuing that aspect.

References:
1. Yenikeyeff, Shamil, "BP, Russian billionaires, and the Kremlin: a Power Triangle that never was", Oxford Energy Comment, November 23, 2011
2. Vardi, Nathan, "The Four Horsemen of Russia's Economic Apocalypse", Forbes, February 9, 2015
3. SEC statement identifying Al Altep as a shell of Access Industries
4. Entous et al. "Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House", Washington Post, December 9 2016
5. AP Exclusive: Manafort firm received Ukraine ledger payout
6. Apuzzo et al. "NYTimes, May 19 2017

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

lol

Fidel Cosmonaut wants a future in academia so he has to believe!

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i tried playing ck2 but tbh i have more fun watching other people play it (well, the highlight reel anyway) than playing it myself. that learning curve is something else

My first time playing CK2 I just started as some nobody count in Germany and let the game happen around me for the most part. I somehow ended up with a king level title in Spain after one of my guys died.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

you might be interested to find that the hyperbole about everybody being in $100,000 student loan debt is not coming from the left but from the right which wants to dismantle higher learning even though they are the ones who drove tuition prices up by dismantling state funding of state universities!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

something rising in cost is not in and of itself a bubble. this isn't the housing market where people are under tons of debt to private companies with no return on their investment. tuition rates have climbed but college graduates still earn a lot more than those without degrees and only a fraction of the debt is held by private entities so you don't have the collapse of companies necessary for a bubble like the housing market.

what, if ok, so are you following me here? what if a lot, like, just a whole lot of that debt, isn't ever going to be paid back. Because it can't ever be paid back. Because the people who owe that debt will never be able to pay it back.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Al! posted:

he's referring to the black caucus as the plantation owners

This is a troll, right

Right

Right

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

This is a troll, right

Right

Right

i see you are unfamiliar with Dnesh Dsouza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

lol just lol if you seek further education or self betterment of any soul calibur

• Locked thread