Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Its impressive to oppose the bill because it won't enough people. I know thats old news but I can't help but be surprised by it every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

aren't these houses empty because they're owned by foreigners as investment properties?

just seize them

those are all in cities, which is a different and slightly stupider issue

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

he later noted to her backstage that he loved her sexy new accent

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like to think of the student loan "bubble" as more of a giant rolling boulder trap that the majority of an entire generation is desperately trying to run away from

what happens at the end tho? it's just written off and the people that actually paid their loans are told to pound sand?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like to think of the student loan "bubble" as more of a giant rolling boulder trap that the majority of an entire generation is desperately trying to run away from

this but it's a giant rolling katamari ball and the people who are stuck to it can't get out bc the katamari isn't dischargeable in bankruptcy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

the bitcoin of weed posted:

those are all in cities, which is a different and slightly stupider issue

hey now plenty of those are occupied for entire days at a time by airbnb-ers

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm glad that the only party that has actual power in this country and isn't a raving death cult literally just wants to ignore the successes of politicians in other countries just because they're farther to the left

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

interest rates on federal loans are super low. mortgages are a much much more daunting investment than a college education from a risk/reward/amount of debt prospect.

:piss:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

fits my needs posted:

what happens at the end tho? it's just written off and the people that actually paid their loans are told to pound sand?

i'm guessing the now-gigantic katamari will slam into the luxury apartment tower that all the rich folks live in and devour them for sustenance

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm glad that the only party that has actual power in this country and isn't a raving death cult literally just wants to ignore the successes of politicians in other countries just because they're farther to the left

what party is that?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PeterSullivan4/status/877659805309120513
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/877660697974394880

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this but it's a giant rolling katamari ball and the people who are stuck to it can't get out bc the katamari isn't dischargeable in bankruptcy

"jail isnt real," i assure myself as i hum the katamari damacy song and ram the bank door with my lovely bronco

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
the only talent in u2 is mullins and edge

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Fidel Castronaut posted:

interest rates on federal loans are super low. mortgages are a much much more daunting investment than a college education from a risk/reward/amount of debt prospect.

I'm not trying to beat you up over this, but I think we're both coming at this from very different perspectives

For me, someone trying to pay a loan with 4% interest that they absolutely can never run away from is scarier than someone who is looking at 4% interest in their house that they can discharge

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

fits my needs posted:

gently caress Bono lol. I thought that bullshit "Save the World" garbage he does is largely viewed for being as hollow as it actually is.

savin the world one dead iraqi at the time b*tch :cool:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

NecroMonster posted:

what party is that?

the green party, of course

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

if you're paying 2500 a month for a 1br, why in god's name wouldn't you want property value to decrease?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Secretary Tillerson Addresses Reporters After the U.S.-China Diplomatic and Security Dialogue in Washington by U.S. Department of State, on Flickr

nice suit you fat bitch

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

aren't these houses empty because they're owned by foreigners as investment properties?

just seize them

not the shitbox drywall monstrosities in the suburbs

those are just straight up owned by banks along with a huge chunk of new construction to use as rental units

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

A Handed Missus posted:

savin the world one dead iraqi at the time b*tch :cool:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Muppets On PCP posted:

not the shitbox drywall monstrosities in the suburbs

those are just straight up owned by banks along with a huge chunk of new construction to use as rental units
$700k homes will erode into dust in 3 years without being purchased and it is amazing

late stage capitalism :tipshat:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Chunky Salsa posted:

The problem is generally that those people in default don't get to invest any money into anything else, and if they ever want to try and catch up they will find that their problem has vastly accumulated

There's absolutely no way of getting out of student debt, and there's monthly interest on thousands of dollars

Thanks, Clinton!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Rubber Tucky posted:

if you're paying 2500 a month for a 1br, why in god's name wouldn't you want property value to decrease?

because if you can afford that, you're paying the extra money to not see A Poor

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Rubber Tucky posted:

How dare someone else possibly rent the next flat over for £2400/mo!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

poo poo that reminds me there's a bar nearby that still sells french ticklers and tijuana bibles in a vending machine in the mens bathroom

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Rubber Tucky posted:

No poo poo. Unless I'm unaware of something uniquely British they're renting. Who gives a drat about property values when you're renting?

(And yes, I'm well aware that "driving down property values" is code for "Brown people in a white neighborhood," but they could at least try a logically consistent argument)

Pook Good Mook has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Jun 22, 2017

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/877633077689929728

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

accurate, get that the gently caress away, almost done paying off

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

accurate, get that the gently caress away, almost done paying off

*hurls self over pit*

*realizes he didn't have a whip*

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

you want the national guard called out for every bank robbery?

all those many many bank robberies happening daily

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

Pook Good Mook posted:

No poo poo. Unless I'm unaware of something uniquely British they're renting. Who gives a drat about property values when you're renting?

(And yes, I'm well aware that "driving down property values" is code for "Brown people in a white neighborhood," but they could at least try a logically consistent argument.

I would LOVE for property values to go down in my neighborhood. cheaper rent for me!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Squizzle posted:

will somebody please think of the poor poor banks

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008

P sure that's a fake twitter

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Squizzle posted:

GTA5 is a documentary

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
He's right, Paul Ryan is a cuck

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/877628730411073536

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Sex Prospector posted:

sigh

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Squizzle posted:

i'd love to see the national guard get called on banks robbing people out of their homes and livelihoods

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sex Prospector posted:

wrongo

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/876163493648617474

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

1/2 is usually better than these clowns get (it's not Britain)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

CUCK YEAH

JEB!

• Locked thread