Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Not sure if there's any truth to it but the local ESPN affiliate local guys here in Vegas on the way home were talking about the Lakers offering Russell to the Mavs for the 9th pick and Dallas said no before they moved onto the Brooklyn salary dump deal.

If that's true, isn't that kind of rather damning of D'Angelo that the Mavs would rather gamble on Smith or Ntlinka being better, along with the small chance they might not even get either, rather than have Carlisle try his hand at developing a guy who already has 2 years of experience under shittier coaches and is averaging nearly 16 points/5 assists in the league already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Remember when the Spurs traded George hill for Kawhi Leonard, my ginger son davis bertans, and Erazem Lorbek (???)
That was pretty funny

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
who cares if the picks get tweeted, there's been no reason to actually watch the draft since stern retired

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Not sure if there's any truth to it but the local ESPN affiliate local guys here in Vegas on the way home were talking about the Lakers offering Russell to the Mavs for the 9th pick and Dallas said no before they moved onto the Brooklyn salary dump deal.

If that's true, isn't that kind of rather damning of D'Angelo that the Mavs would rather gamble on Smith or Ntlinka being better, along with the small chance they might not even get either, rather than have Carlisle try his hand at developing a guy who already has 2 years of experience under shittier coaches and is averaging nearly 16 points/5 assists in the league already?

The latest rumor I read is that Russell has attitude/immaturity issues the Lakers weren't willing to deal with. Could just be a smear campaign from LA though

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

The latest rumor I read is that Russell has attitude/immaturity issues the Lakers weren't willing to deal with. Could just be a smear campaign from LA though

lakers always run a post-trade smear campaign

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I think in another year they probably could have got a pick (they apparently shopped DAR to a bunch of lotto teams) but this top-10 is so stacked that everyone wanted to see if their dream guy fell

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Punkin Spunkin posted:

P.s. Never forget :911:

Lol

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I know there point guard rotation has been a shitshow ever since Kidd left but I think Carlisle kinda hates young point guards so that might have had something to do with it also. See: starting point guard Mike James in 2012-2013

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheVertical/status/877691488129474560

sigh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Noctone posted:

who cares if the picks get tweeted, there's been no reason to actually watch the draft since stern retired

Is he listening to his haters

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Not sure why Boston or Phoenix wouldn't jump on this.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

For FUCKS sake Danny. please

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

IT2
Bradley
Brown
Horford
Zinger

is a really nice starting 5.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

zoux posted:

Is he listening to his haters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gm-WKXUwRE

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

IT2
Bradley
Brown
Horford
Zinger

You're forgetting Hayward cuz he's going to play for Brad!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

IT2
Bradley
Brown
Horford
Zinger

Yeah I would be happy with this going forward, even if they struck out on Hayward

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Why is magic not taking that deal

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Masai Ujiri is gonna find a way to fleece the Knicks again I can just feel it

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

at this moment phil is being interviewed on knicks state television

https://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone/status/877696444303642624
https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/877696591603277824
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/877696564046647299
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/877697206806921216

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 22, 2017

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cool Buff Man posted:

If he turns his assets into an actual player he dies in real life

He's holding out for the deal worth dying for

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Sources tell me that Ainge is asking Phil for a trade involving Porzingis and Updog

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I need a blood pressure rating for all Knicks fans watching this interview

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/877696564046647299

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Omg! Bring back Isiah, this is terrible.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
So does anyone have any idea what the rumored medical issues are with Porzingis?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What the gently caress. Yeah why keep future Dirk Nowitzki when you can trade him for poor man's Shawn Marion.

Bashez posted:

So does anyone have any idea what the rumored medical issues are with Porzingis?
Shoulder, hamstring, Achilles... he's been injured.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This ends with porzingis being traded to the bucks somehow

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

no way they're trading him, especially since pop did the whole "i'll not retire for you LMA (and also to coach the USA team in 2020)"

but lma and danny for porzingis might be a viable trade and it clears cap space to bring in cp3 too, i believe

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

pubic works project posted:

Will something just happen already!!

You did this to Knicks fans!!!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

#3, Nets 2018, and Jaylen Brown?

Id still rather keep Porzingis.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Today felt like a gigantic oxytocin steeped depression so I'm glad for some spicy news

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Diva Cupcake posted:

#3, Nets 2018, and Jaylen Brown?

Id still rather keep Porzingis.

Have you seen the nets roster? That'd be a pretty drat good haul for the Knicks

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I've found it. The worst tweet.

https://twitter.com/theherd/status/877235242507018240

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The weird thing about this is that Phil Jackson was one of the first people to break away from the "let's just draft the next Jordan-like" mold. I like Josh Jackson a lot, but he's not as set up for the modern game as Porzingis and is clearly the lost member of the line of Jordanumenoreans. Clearly Phil Jackson died and the clone they had of him was last updated in 1995.

humpthewind posted:

Why is magic not taking that deal

Good question.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Good question.

Imagine if the Lakers had a promising young point guard and weren't basically forced to draft a new one at #2

I'm so sorry Rick

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Imagine if the Lakers had a promising young point guard and weren't basically forced to draft a new one at #2

I'm so sorry Rick

)=

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jota posted:

You did this to Knicks fans!!!

Oh god I'm so sorry!!!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/877699593714057216

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

*smacks arm to make the vein pop* oh hell yeah Bill Simmons, Cowherd, speculation about LeBron going to the Lakers, my FAVORITE loving things

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I tried, I really did...