Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Milky Moor posted:

Thank you, thread archivist.

One day someone in this thread will be prime minister or assassinate the prime minister or we'll get one of each and the thanks I get for my work will be genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Frogfingers posted:

So what you're saying is they're both wrong?

The Answer Is Somewhere In The Middle (c)

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Futuresight posted:

One day someone in this thread will be prime minister or assassinate the prime minister or we'll get one of each and the thanks I get for my work will be genuine.

In the great spirit of Auspol they will both be the same person and Kill You Are Self.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Carl Diggler posted:

The Answer Is Somewhere In The Middle (c)

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
You know who is a good teacher. Mark Latham, he's great at teaching how the world really works. Genuine salt of the Earth Western Sydney man.

Axel Ferguson
Apr 19, 2008
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/grogonomics/2017/jun/22/whod-move-to-sydney-the-harbour-city-has-priced-itself-out-of-reach

I don't have too much to add to this article other than the fact the comments to this article show that new attitude towards immigrants is "they took our houses!"

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

They put up a list of requirements for supporting it, got the government to agree, then hosed around taking so long to resolve dumb splits that the government went and negotiated with Pauline Hanson instead.

Ok fair enough that is dumb and bad then.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Anidav posted:

Cartoons link says that assistant teachers exist in most classrooms for the disadvantaged meaning that the main teacher isn't distracted in the first place.

That part of his post is actually from a different article.

And Poed's point, while true, isn't necessarily accurate. As I said, it's not uncommon at all for schools to not have the manpower to ensure each kid has an aide with them at all times. The student in question might have an aide assigned but that aide might also have a dozen other kids spread around the school who they have to help. And that means that, while there is technically an aide for every kid, that aide might not be there in the classroom with that particular kid every single day. Similarly, her point about it resulting in better outcomes is true but inaccurate. Any teacher who teaches to a range of academic levels, from low to high, is going to achieve better results across their classes. What Poed means to say is that having a kid with those sorts of issues prompts the teacher to consciously consider that there is a range of academic achievers in their class, which prompts them to consider their teaching methods towards a wider range, which achieves better results.

It's not as if the kids just magically impart knowledge.

I taught at a school where they were supposed to have six aides for the kids who needed them. They had two and, while they attempted to prioritize them to the kids who needed the most assistance, it was a significant issue.

It also doesn't really say that. It says: "What is more, Dr Poed pointed out that in classes where some kids had disabilities, teachers were rarely trying to teach alone — these children are typically supported by teacher assistants."

But no data on what constitutes a disability that gets an aide, how many schools have the required number of aides, what the support entails, etc. I'm sure UoM's data is something like 'Is there an aide assigned to the kid? Yes/no'. Like I said, that's the same place that -- AFAIK -- is looking to implementing a whole unit in the Masters about handling kids with autism and such.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 22, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Bogan King posted:

You know who is a good teacher. Mark Latham, he's great at teaching how the world really works. Genuine salt of the Earth Western Sydney man.

I would like to correct this. I didn't mean to say 'Genuine salt of the Earth Western Sydney man.'

What I meant to say was 'Genuinely salt the Earth of Western Sydney, man.' gently caress that place.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/877718693668454400

:siren::siren::siren: MORALITY POLICE :siren::siren::siren:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Wow I mean the alt right talks about the "regressive left" but then we are talking about some real prohibition-level poo poo

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
"hey mate, buy me a pack of smokes and I'll buy your groceries, sound allright?"

"yeah mate"

How much is this drug testing and income management going to be? I assume it hasn't been costed or anything.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
How are the tests administered? Is it a piss cup or blood test?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Bogan King posted:

Still making Malthusian growth arguments in 2017.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Tokamak posted:

Still making Malthusian growth arguments in 2017.

I was lucky enough to be one of the 7 million people who lived in Australia in 2000.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

University of New South Wales thank you very much :colbert:

Also sorry let me correct myself: EvilElmo is that you?????

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Futuresight posted:

Here's a summary for those of you unable to keep up:

- Cartoon said that bright students who apply themselves don't need teachers that much because the HSC is easy for them if they just apply themselves so Hanson's comment is full of poo poo.

Well if you include the context that someone (Dancing Shade) was having an arguement from authority jab at Anidav for saying:

Anidav posted:

Yeah I mean it's part of the ticket, you cannot exclude children from your learning environment because they make your job harder.

DancingShade posted:

I feel like you should do a teaching degree then take a high school class in a low socio economic area then report back with your findings.

Now while Dancing shade didn't actually say I support Pauline Hanson and the Nazi theory of Eugenics that was the subject being discussed. As their 'challenge' was complete bullshit I called them on it. Subsequent expert evidence supports my anecdote.

Milky decided to have some ill considered shot of jizz in my general direction, and missed horribly, only retroactively explaining their context in the hopes it wouldn't make them look like a gently caress wit.

But please continue with your revisionist history.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Bogan King posted:

Nice x-axis.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rumble in the bunghole posted:

How are the tests administered? Is it a piss cup or blood test?

Lawn clippings

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Cartoon posted:

Well if you include the context that someone (Dancing Shade) was having an arguement from authority jab at Anidav for saying:

Now while Dancing shade didn't actually say I support Pauline Hanson and the Nazi theory of Eugenics that was the subject being discussed. As their 'challenge' was complete bullshit I called them on it. Subsequent expert evidence supports my anecdote.

Milky decided to have some ill considered shot of jizz in my general direction, and missed horribly, only retroactively explaining their context in the hopes it wouldn't make them look like a gently caress wit.

But please continue with your revisionist history.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

These posts are the auspol version of Pauline Hanson debating Tony Abbott

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Are we absolutely sure this debate isn't being driven because Pauline Hanson... is a woman?!

I would like to hear from the people on Mia Freedman and Daisy Cousens on the inherit misogyny of auspol.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

Are we absolutely sure this debate isn't being driven because Pauline Hanson... is a woman?!

I would like to hear from the people on Mia Freedman and Daisy Cousens on the inherit misogyny of auspol.

Actually it's about ethics in

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Birdstrike posted:

Actually it's about ethics in

Free Avshalom-athan Pollard

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

hooman posted:

Free Avshalom-athan Pollard

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

hooman posted:

Free Avshalom-athan Auspollard

------------------------------

#notallauspollers

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/guardianaus/status/877735675298275328

quote:

Approximately 55 traffic cameras in Victoria have been infected with the WannaCry ransomware, according to the Victorian department of justice.

Intersection and highway cameras across the state have been affected by the malware, which caused chaos around the world by attacking the British National Health Service and other organisations in May.

A department spokesman said all 55 cameras had been “operating correctly and accurately” while infected, but that the issue had been referred to the road safety camera commissioner.

If the commission finds motorists have been incorrectly fined as a result of the infection, the department said it would withdraw the affected fines.

In a statement, the department said a system patch had been applied to prevent the spread of the virus, and affected cameras would be fixed “in the next couple of days”.

But Melbourne radio station 3AW said the infection had been discovered earlier this month, but had only been referred to the commissioner once the station reported the story on Thursday.

When attached to a computer, ransomware encrypts local files and demands hundreds of dollars from users to return access. In May, WannaCry disrupted American multinational FedEx; Telefónica, Spain’s largest telecommunications company; and the NHS, cancelling operations and blocking access to patient records and phones.

The department of justice said Victoria’s infection was not the result of a targeted attack, but was caused by a contractor mistakenly connecting infected hardware to cameras.

The company that supplies Victoria’s traffic cameras, Redflex, has been contacted for comment.

In March, Redflex renewed its contract to supply cameras to New South Wales Roads & Maritime Services, and in October last year won a contract to expand the state’s in-vehicle speed camera program with forty new cameras.

The road safety camera commissioner has been contacted for comment.

haha smash the state

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I enjoyed this, thank you. Bit overlong, but still good.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Lid posted:

I would like to hear from the people on Mia Freedman

Modern Public Shame.

Thanks thread for helping me thrash it out and thanks for 3 days to chill.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Autistic Kids Fear Stupid Senators Holding Normal Senators Back [The Shovel]

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

See the problem with this satire is that this one is true. All those dickheads should be locked in a room by themselves.

fe: They already are it's called the senate! :v:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

See the problem with this satire is that this one is true. All dickheads in the senate and house should be locked in a room by themselves.

fe: They already are! :v:

We are locked in a permanent state of Poe's Law in TYOOL 2017.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Hobo Erotica posted:

Modern Public Shame.

Thanks thread for helping me thrash it out and thanks for 3 days to chill.

Hello I have come to post the no name blogs that agree with my bad opinions.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

JBP posted:

Hello I have come to post the no name blogs that agree with my bad opinions.
Important detail JBP this is HE doing the no name blogging. Excuse me while I go and write my citation for this post.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is HE Daniel Morrison?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Just when you thought JBP couldn't be any dumber about this

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You are my friend on facebook. What was ur old postng name u fuckin traitor.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How is it dumb to take a string of Mia Freedman comments spanning back to 2013 and build an opinion that she is a Cosmo trash reporting piece of poo poo.

Her most recent article on why women shouldn't post their baby bodies was enthralling

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Hahaha, Shenaningins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

It me. I Paveel Mortison

• Locked thread