Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

The Human Crouton posted:

I wish it was real.

Oh, wait. Still wouldn't stop fetch lands.

4 color decks forever.

I mean I love land destruction but an instant speed Rain of Tears with upside is probably too powerful (unless you rate land destruction by Sinkhole and Strip Mine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Make stifle modern legal.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nice little touch in the story that's pure Bolas where he set it up so that when a God is dying they suddenly regain all their memories so they realized what happened just before they die. Because, you know, its not good enough for Bolas to win and get his undead army of super zombies, he also needs them to know he won.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
Vintage Cube is up and I drafted a stupid esper reanimator. First game I won with a hardcast turn 4 Iona (Sol Rin & Lotus Bloom), second game I brought her back with a reanimate.

LOVE IT

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

YggdrasilTM posted:

The Hour of Glory. Next: Hour of Promise, Hour of Eternity and Hour of Devastation.

I strongly suspect that this is going to be a cycle of some sort and the art will by a polyptych.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

ManMythLegend posted:

I strongly suspect that this is going to be a cycle of some sort and the art will by a polyptych.

We already know it's a cycle. We already have Hour of Revelation.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

A big flaming stink posted:

I mean I love land destruction but an instant speed Rain of Tears with upside is probably too powerful (unless you rate land destruction by Sinkhole and Strip Mine)

By modern WOTC standards, if a card that can destroy lands is playable at all in any format (and kitchen table magic for that matter), it's too powerful to be printed in a standard playable set. Maybe they're playable in limited as sideboard fodder at the most, but most of them are just last pick throw it in the trash garbage.

I honestly wonder why they even bother printing LD spells anymore. Just phase it out completely so you stop wasting the card slots on stuff no one wants to see, put out an official statement that they don't want to keep printing it if they're going to neuter it so hard anyways, and move on.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

the Orb of Zot posted:

By modern WOTC standards, if a card that can destroy lands is playable at all in any format (and kitchen table magic for that matter), it's too powerful to be printed in a standard playable set. Maybe they're playable in limited as sideboard fodder at the most, but most of them are just last pick throw it in the trash garbage.

I honestly wonder why they even bother printing LD spells anymore. Just phase it out completely so you stop wasting the card slots on stuff no one wants to see, put out an official statement that they don't want to keep printing it if they're going to neuter it so hard anyways, and move on.

I mean at this point the same could be said for discard. 2 mana, conditional discard is such a joke.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Sickening posted:

I mean at this point the same could be said for discard. 2 mana, conditional discard is such a joke.

Collective Brutality still is in standard for another few months, and that's CMC 2 discard that sees play in Modern.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

the Orb of Zot posted:

Collective Brutality still is in standard for another few months, and that's CMC 2 discard that sees play in Modern.

It sees play in modern because it also has 2 other modes.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

the Orb of Zot posted:

Collective brutality is so much more than discard that it doesn't seem fair to compare it. All 3 modes are relevant and is super flexible. Cryptic command is more than a counterspell.

Despite it being an amazing card it still doesn't take the place of crap cards like transgress in a lot of decks.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Is there some weird mono white weenie deck based around 1/2 drops and Oketra's monument that someone posted online or 5-0 a random league?

People are playing the poo poo out of this deck on X-Mage and I don't remember seeing it around

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Delirium Black for IoK->Whispers of Emrakul on curve

anglachel
May 28, 2012

80s James Hetfield posted:

Is there some weird mono white weenie deck based around 1/2 drops and Oketra's monument that someone posted online or 5-0 a random league?

People are playing the poo poo out of this deck on X-Mage and I don't remember seeing it around

There was a MTG instant deck tech on it. I dont remember it putting up any results though.

Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008

80s James Hetfield posted:

SpbkaSO did a deck teck on it recently. People are trying out a lot of his jank online now that marvel is gone.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Typhus733 posted:

SpbkaSO did a deck teck on it recently. People are trying out a lot of his jank online now that marvel is gone.

Good. More things for UR Control to dominate. I will be worried once the 2W enchantment comes out, that card can nuke UR control game 1.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

the Orb of Zot posted:

It's not a powerful card exactly, it just slots really nicely into modern (especially sideboards). It's a slam dunk in a few matchups (burn and formerly infect) and it's better than your worst card in a lot of others. It's basically only Tron variants that run neither small creatures nor spells, whereas in standard it barely kills anything and going for the discard is a crapshoot.

uninverted fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 22, 2017

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

YggdrasilTM posted:

The Hour of Glory. Next: Hour of Promise, Hour of Eternity and Hour of Devastation.

I just noticed there's a disembodied ghost snake head in the sky somewhat uninterestedly observing this. That rules.

Edit: in my head that is the snake god's dad. Nice little touch of Bolas to make the powerless ghost snake watch his own son die.

clamiam45 fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 22, 2017

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

Rigel posted:

Nice little touch in the story that's pure Bolas where he set it up so that when a God is dying they suddenly regain all their memories so they realized what happened just before they die. Because, you know, its not good enough for Bolas to win and get his undead army of super zombies, he also needs them to know he won.

I think he just did a spell and when the snake guy died the spell came undone as he became more connected to the planet.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

clamiam45 posted:

I just noticed there's a disembodied ghost snake head in the sky somewhat uninterestedly observing this. That rules.

Isn't that his monument?

That would be awesome if the art showed each god falling in front of their own monument cursing the God-Pharaoh with their dying breaths.

Bolas is such a diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

AlternateNu posted:

Isn't that his monument?

That would be awesome if the art showed each god falling in front of their own monument cursing the God-Pharaoh with their dying breaths.

Bolas is such a diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

No it's a ghost. I'm sorry, but get your facts straight.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Bolas suck my diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Is there a quick overview of the story on this plane? All I know is there are gods and Bolas and mummies. I haven't followed lore lately.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

the Orb of Zot posted:

If Acidic Slime was reprinted, would it be played?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Aranan posted:

Is there a quick overview of the story on this plane? All I know is there are gods and Bolas and mummies. I haven't followed lore lately.

Bolas reprogrammed a whole plane to have an entire culture built around death rituals so that he can make super zombies or something. The super sentai good guy planes walker group shows up to stop him and gets owned.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hellsau posted:

MTGO is funny. Match 4 opponent conceded the match at the end of game 2, after winning game 1 barely through my mull to 5 (UG Infect seems to have a horrendous matchup against UB, can't really blame them.) Match 5 opponent played Land, Land Augur, Land and then DCed for 10 minutes and timed out.

https://twitter.com/MagicOnline/status/877665277512622081

I also got booted from MTGO about 15 minutes after that last match, while trying to make a better deck. Can't log in, good times. Guess my Match 5 opponent got booted before me.

I still don't know why you guys keep supporting MTGO.

the Orb of Zot posted:

They're planning to make big sets only for the next couple years so they're going to need a lot of filler.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Maybe as a 1-of in BG decks with traverse, but I'm not sure it's worth it over manglehorn. You're paying an extra two mana for deathtouch and the ability to snipe manlands sometimes.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

It saw a solid amount of play in much higher power standards so...yeah?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
The Scarab God 3UB
Legendary Creature - God
At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent loses X life and you Scry X where X is the number of zombies you control.
2UB: Exile a creature from a graveyard. Make a copy of it except it's a 4/4 Black Zombie.
~shuffle clause~
5/5

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Todd Stevens is playing a sweet looking Mono Red Eldrazi deck submitted by one of his viewers right now.

4 Aether Hub
2 Crumbling Vestige
4 Hanweir Battlements
15 Mountain
2 Magma Spray
4 Incendiary Flow
4 Harnessed Lightning
1 Collective Defiance
1 Sweltering Suns
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Hanweir Garrison
4 TKS
4 Chandra Torch of Defiance
4 Glotybringer
3 Reality Smasher

Sideboard:

2 Magma Spray
2 Dragonmaster Outcast
3 Hope of Ghirapur
1 Warping Wail
1 Eldrazi Obligator
1 Mirrorwing Dragon
2 By Force
1 Sweltering Suns
1 Chandra, Flamecaller
1 Skysovereign, Consul Flagship

It looks cool to me, someone with no interest or ability to play standard. Also, the Eldrazi package is absurdly powerful and WOTC is dumb for making the package powerful enough to be played in every format.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

The Scarab God 3UB
Legendary Creature - God
At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent loses X life and you Scry X where X is the number of zombies you control.
2UB: Exile a creature from a graveyard. Make a copy of it except it's a 4/4 Black Zombie.
~shuffle clause~
5/5

If this is real it reads like the best one to me

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
It's real. Also taking from opposing graveyards seems nice to have and makes it more than a gimmick.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

TheKingofSprings posted:

If this is real it reads like the best one to me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

You untap with that and it is significant gas, in a zombie deck it seems great but even in a vacuum the card is solid.

Reminds me a lot of Havengul Lich, actually.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

GoutPatrol posted:

Good. More things for UR Control to dominate. I will be worried once the 2W enchantment comes out, that card can nuke UR control game 1.

You mean turbofog?

And murdergoats.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

It looks cool to me, someone with no interest or ability to play standard. Also, the Eldrazi package is absurdly powerful and WOTC is dumb for making the package powerful enough to be played in every format.

the eldrazi package has been a nonfactor in standard for like 80% of the time it's been legal. eldrazi temple/eye of ugin are the powerful cards.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I would proudly jam UB zombies with this in EDH if it weren't for the fact that UB is a dreadful color combination in EDH.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

MTGO ended a game I was in, and added two losses that never happened to my league record.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Retromancer posted:

I would proudly jam UB zombies with this in EDH if it weren't for the fact that UB is a dreadful color combination in EDH.

UB is fine in EDH? Obviously it'd be better if you also got removal for noncreature permanents, but that's basically the only thing you can't do and U has enough powerful bounce effects that to fake removal when you really need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
It's a little disappointing that the Scarab god doesn't interact with the Locust and the Scorpion like they do with each other.

Well, it kinda works with them. Not super-amazing, but the Scorpion can kill things while the Scarab brings them back, and the Locust can loot into what the Scarab scries (scrys?) into.