Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Nintendo Switch Thread: I bought that game a decade ago for 25 cents!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mahoning posted:

Nintendo Switch Thread: Yes There is a New Game and It is Cave Story and It is Thirty God drat Dollars

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

AlphaKeny1 posted:

switch is a system for suckers who buy old games for full price

Not sure if trolling or not but this is sometimes true and it sucks. At least the Neo Geo games aren't like $250 or whatever they used to cost in the 90's.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Yodzilla posted:

Bring back Excite Truck/Excitebots.

Except actually don't because those games were really goddamn bad.
Hey, Excite Truck had a pretty sweet soundtrack. The China track sounds like a ripoff Rush song without vocals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkyCn7v9JaM

game itself sucked but I enjoyed all the music :shobon:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I haven't even bought the DLC for Ace Attorney 6 yet, I can't buy the BOTW DLC until I do that and save my good friend Larry Butz

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

I haven't even bought the DLC for Ace Attorney 6 yet, I can't buy the BOTW DLC until I do that and save my good friend Larry Butz

After a while I start to think where there's smoke there's fire

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

How's the population these days? I stoped with 1 so 2 will have maximum freshness.:cool:
Lots of people playing. No long waits in matchmaking. I hope some sort of miiverse interaction is going to be around in the 2nd one. I love reading peoples messages and seeing their art in the hub world.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Housh posted:

Lots of people playing. No long waits in matchmaking. I hope some sort of miiverse interaction is going to be around in the 2nd one. I love reading peoples messages and seeing their art in the hub world.

The devs recently said in an interview that player graffiti will return in 2 in some capacity.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Excite Truck/Excitebots.

Except actually don't because those games were really goddamn bad.

Most hosed up poo poo I've seen typed up in this thread

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can stop anytime I want :suicide:

Just right after I loving do a loving Mega Satan kill with The Lost and Keeper :argh:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lemming posted:

After a while I start to think where there's smoke there's fire
i mean good good Larry does often commit crimes that result in his getting accused of much worse crimes

largely in the realm of stalking, creeping, and breaking & entering

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
excite truck was good

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Infinitum posted:

I can stop anytime I want :suicide:

Just right after I loving do a loving Mega Satan kill with The Lost and Keeper :argh:

Every day I get really close to buying it despite 200+ hours with the PC version. It's a sickness but there are so few excellent Roguelikes.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

leftist heap posted:

excite truck was good

I want it. I want it on the Switch.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

when did people start referring to batteries as "chargers"? poo poo's confusing

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Infinitum posted:

Also a really really cool looking game in the coming soon section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g2mJ2sr8jY

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Curriculum is going... critical.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The Curriculum is going... critical.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Hero mode was an improvement but I didn't want to play the whole game a second time since I didn't love the first time enough. Someday. I still don't like the frontloading of all the dungeon items, though.

It's pretty clear Nintendo understood that complaint about rental items too since BOTW just gave you everything you needed after about an hour or so. It still sorta frontloads all of them on you though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

i have a switch now and BOTW even though i already beat it at a friend's house. i only did the main quests that time though, so now i'm just gonna do all the rest. side quests, gettin the memories, I'M NOT DOING THE KOROK SEEDS
How long did you spend at your friend's house, and why did they not make you leave?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Mahoning posted:

"Nintendo Switch Body" Apologies for Sale and Announcement

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6inqvq/changes_that_they_didnt_state_in_update_300/

quote:

Changes that they DIDN’t stated:
Significantly better WiFi reception on firmware v3.0.0
made the joy con stick way less sensitive when browsing the eshop.
It used to move like 2-3 games over at a time because there was no delay between you moving the stick in one direction and it starting its auto-scroll. Now, there's a slight delay and it makes navigating the pages way less frustrating.
Quick menu appears faster when holding down the Home button
surround sound test sequence is in a different order now
Notification popup is now transparent instead of solid black
Activity log now says: ‘played for a short while’ instead of ‘played for a few minutes’
Wifi symbol got an update
No more sound effect when looking for a network
These controllers are now usable on Nintendo Switch: 8bitdo nes30 pro, 8bitdo sfc30, the Hori pokken fightpad and the Mayflash Adapter with Gamecube controllers
3.0.0 Update now shows version of game installed
when switch turns off, joycons turn off without searching (no green lights) if you don't press any buttons
The Google Translate workaround no longer works after the 3.0.0 update
It allowed you to have unrestricted web browsing on your Switch. This exploit worked because the Switch only allows you to go to whitelisted websites within the web applet, since Google is one of the allowed sites then Google Translate is allowed by proxy too. They blacklisted Google Translate so the workaround doesn't work anymore.
You can now leave feedback on news posts
UI-Look improvements/changes
Glitches that occurred after this update:
When turned on from Sleep mode, the Switch will have a frozen black screen for some people
Wifi may have dipped for some people because of this update
HDMI issues aren’t fixed still, for some televisions
Surround sound issues after update
Edit: I will keep this post up to date for any newly found changes:
They fixed the spelling of "Sofware" and "Sucessful" to 'Software' and 'Successfully'
They changed the keyboard layout
Before the update, videos played on the Switch looked washed out, but now they look just like on a phone or tablet
added sound effects when performing a network connection test
There are no black bars in the "press the same button 3 times" menu
featured news used to be + or -. it's bound to y now. back used to be in the top left and there used to be a check box in the top right saying "don't lock next time". also, the text reading "featured news" used to be above the thumbnails instead of below them.
You can now see the name of a friend in the notification bar
When docked, the upper left battery symbol is now displayed green instead of white
Images for Parental Controls got updated
If you remove a user from a different region, you'll no longer see news items from that region

so thats good, alot of good updat- what a second... what?

"These controllers are now usable on Nintendo Switch: 8bitdo nes30 pro, 8bitdo sfc30, the Hori pokken fightpad and the Mayflash Adapter with Gamecube controllers"

"Mayflash Adapter with Gamecube controllers"

:siren::siren::siren: Mayflash Adapter with Gamecube controllers :siren::siren::siren:

:stare: i have a mayflash adapter. gonna see if i can play mario kart with with my OG cube controllers. but would this mean... could it be? the vc? (or smash if you care for a smash game that isn't called melee)

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
If the mayflash adapter works does that mean the official GC adapter also works?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Since that controller update came with the pokken controller update, and it's not supporting NIntendo's own GC controller adapter, and it only works for 1 controller plugged in at a time, it very likely just means it was intended for pokken

EpicNemesis posted:

If the mayflash adapter works does that mean the official GC adapter also works?

Several people have said that it doesn't

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Invetiable L.A. Noire remaster is being rumored to have a Switch release too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Kashuno posted:

Invetiable L.A. Noire remaster is being rumored to have a Switch release too.

I wish they'd just make LA Noire theft auto and get rid of the interrogation gimmick. The setting and characters for that game owned but the interrogations were just bad and creepy at times.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

I wish they'd just make LA Noire theft auto and get rid of the interrogation gimmick. The setting and characters for that game owned but the interrogations were just bad and creepy at times.

if you get rid of the interrogations and evidence hunting the game actually is really mediocre.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best part of that game was watching Phelps flip out like a psychopath whenever you said 'doubt' everything else sucked

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Kashuno posted:

if you get rid of the interrogations and evidence hunting the game actually is really mediocre.

Right, that's why I want it to go nuts as a grand theft auto game within that time period.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rNV61Rpo-0

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Sakurazuka posted:

The best part of that game was watching Phelps flip out like a psychopath whenever you said 'doubt' everything else sucked

Changing that prompts name was the finest decision they made

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

More games announced. 10TONS are porting a bunch of their titles over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r51ZKqVwfDQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giB9y6-cBFM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94rW8cPH8XU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ywzhc_nBLQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd8HacH4ZaEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4zS3D2E9oI

Good to see the Switch getting that sweet sweet indie lovvvvve

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
A thusly begins the death of the Switch: trashware

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Phelps is basically a proto-Judge from the Judge Dredd universe. ANY DOUBT MEANS YOU ARE GUILTY OF CRIME

Spellman
May 31, 2011

C'mere Peggle

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

i mean good good Larry does often commit crimes that result in his getting accused of much worse crimes

largely in the realm of stalking, creeping, and breaking & entering

If something stinks, it's probably the Buttz

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Spellman posted:

C'mere Peggle

PEGGLE

*jumps into air*

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The new L.A. Noire gimmick will be turning the color settings to greyscale

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
followed by an advertisement for the Rainy Mood OST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lmao at wanting a remaster of a game without the game's core feature. I want a Tetris Gameboy remaster but remove the ability to rotate pieces.

• Locked thread