Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

ModeSix posted:

Bolded so you might see it now.

It wasn't saying not available in your country earlier, but it is now. Thanks for making an idiot out of me play store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Phrosphor posted:

It wasn't saying not available in your country earlier, but it is now. Thanks for making an idiot out of me play store.

Sure it wasn't, we all believe you don't worry

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sega just released a bunch of classic games on mobile.

http://forever.sega.com/games

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone here played Solitairica? The UI makes it look like I can buy additional decks with the ingame currency but when I hit the button it takes me to a real money purchase screen. Am I missing something here?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Anyone here played Solitairica? The UI makes it look like I can buy additional decks with the ingame currency but when I hit the button it takes me to a real money purchase screen. Am I missing something here?

I believe you only have access to the warrior for free. You can pay for access to the other decks, or unlock the whole game for a bulk price.

To clarify, you're buying the ability to purchase decks with in game currency.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 21, 2017

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anyone have any thoughts on Empires & Puzzles?

It showed up in an ad while playing another game and it looks neat since when you match things, it sends little mini-armies at the enemy up top. Nice visual touch, don't know if that's actually in the game or not.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

To clarify, you're buying the ability to purchase decks with in game currency.

Thank you, this is where I didn't quite understand what the app was trying to tell me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Montalvo posted:

I don't understand why and how these are legit free and why Canada isn't included :smith:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't understand why and how these are legit free and why Canada isn't included :smith:

I read elsewhere they have ads but you can get rid of them for $2. Also not available in Australia yet either :(

edit: apparently they're officially available on the 22nd

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 21, 2017

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
This game seems fairly new and they have a charity drive going at the moment:

Castle Cats

It's a fairly idle game with gacha elements. But cute cats and you beat up dog zombies...

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I can install the Sega games fine, also in Canada.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Montalvo posted:

Looks like I'm buying a controller for my phone because Sonic without an actual D-pad is absolutely cancer. SEGAAAAAA!!!

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Montalvo posted:

quote:

SEGA® Forever™ is a free and growing classic games collection of nearly every SEGA game ever released from every console era – Master System, Genesis/Mega Drive, Dreamcast, and more.

Goddamn, if they'll actually keep on doing this and not give up after a couple of months that's pretty loving cool.

(Panzer Dragoon Saga on your phone :unsmigghh:)

e: Like seriously this makes me think of Xbox 360 Game Room and how cool and great it was going to be and then nothing happened and it just died. I still want my Sunset Riders, dammit.

Veib fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 21, 2017

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

EzEight posted:

South Park Phone Destroyer is out, soft launched in certain countries.

Anyone can give a review?

It's pretty fun, kind of similar to that Clash Royale game. Energy ticks up and you use it to activate cards that either summon dudes to auto attack your opponent or spells to direct damage/add status effects. Certain characters have activated abilities that range from mandatory (the only real way to clear hordes of weak enemies early on is the special of the Sheriff Cartman card) to useless (Pirate Ike loving blows).

Despite there being a whole bunch of PvE levels, PvP is pretty much mandatory to get the cards you need to progress (PvE difficulty ramps up super fast around 15 levels in). You need 4-5 dupes of each card to meaningfully level up yours (plus free currency plus crafting items) the PvE levels often give a single one at most, and the free packs you get every few hours only have like one or two character cards on average. Meanwhile the packs you get for 3 PvP matches can have a bunch of decent cards and the tickets you get from winning PvP matches can buy rare cards in the separate PvP store.

Balance is a bit wonky though.The Legendary cards are ridiculously OP. Just got lucky and pulled ManBearPig from a PvP card pack. He's got more than twice the health and four times the attack of any other tank card, and he only costs a single point more to summon.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 21, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, weird.. While the Sonic link flat out doesn't work, now the only one that sort of gave me trouble was Phantasy Star II, saying it's not available in my country... And then the install button appeared.

Edit: for anyone else experiencing the broken link for Sonic, you should be able to download it via the "more games" section when loading up another game.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 21, 2017

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Any good turn based strategy games? Preferably with more than two 'players' at a time

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I just bought Charizard in that drat Magikarp game. At least I didn't spend a real world dollar.

But in other news, Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow comes out on the 29th.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

IAmTheRad posted:

I just bought Charizard in that drat Magikarp game. At least I didn't spend a real world dollar.

But in other news, Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow comes out on the 29th.

Is that the Simpsons Tapped Out reskin?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Ratzap posted:

This game seems fairly new and they have a charity drive going at the moment:

Castle Cats

It's a fairly idle game with gacha elements. But cute cats and you beat up dog zombies...

I was just coming in here to ask about this, if it's any good or not.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Xtanstic posted:

Is that the Simpsons Tapped Out reskin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gDcZ4tTG3o have a trailer.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

RentACop posted:

Any good turn based strategy games? Preferably with more than two 'players' at a time

Polytopia. Not sure it's got fully working multiplayer yet, but it scratches the 4X itch.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Aethernet posted:

Polytopia. Not sure it's got fully working multiplayer yet, but it scratches the 4X itch.

I'm pretty sure you can only do hotseat games with all human players atm, but it's still a fun multiplayer game and definitely the best quick mobile 4x experience imo.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Kingdom: New Lands is on sale for $3 (70% off) which is a real good price if you want to check it out.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

mrkillboy posted:

Kingdom: New Lands is on sale for $3 (70% off) which is a real good price if you want to check it out.

How are the controls for this on mobile? Virtual gamepad?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Incessant Excess posted:

How are the controls for this on mobile? Virtual gamepad?

Basically swipe and hold on the screen to move left/right and tap once to drop a coin. They work fine.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

khy posted:

I was just coming in here to ask about this, if it's any good or not.

It's free, amused me for a few hours yesterday and I didn't uninstall it. I'd say it's fine and has promise, your mileage may vary but it's easy to find out, just try it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's cool but led me to learn that most of Futurama is being taken off Netflix which sucks.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Aside from Sproggiwood and Shattered Planet, can anyone recommend other Android roguelikes that have persistent upgrades at some level. Like a base where you can get new classes, new starting gear, shortcuts for deeper runs, etc.

I love Shattered Pixel Dungeon, but sometimes I want to have a few persistent quests to work on between runs and customize a character to achieve.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
Caves is like that (and a decent roguelike to boot).

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Chinook posted:

Aside from Sproggiwood and Shattered Planet, can anyone recommend other Android roguelikes that have persistent upgrades at some level. Like a base where you can get new classes, new starting gear, shortcuts for deeper runs, etc.

I love Shattered Pixel Dungeon, but sometimes I want to have a few persistent quests to work on between runs and customize a character to achieve.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The current humble mobile bundle is all roguelikes. I don't know anything about most of them, but if you like roguelikes, it's probably worth checking out!

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

drat. If they spent money on celebrities, then they're obviously expecting to cash in quite a bit, which means the game will probably massively suck.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
This is a surprise: it looks like popular iOS sandbox game Junk Jack was quietly released for Android a few months ago.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

This is a surprise: it looks like popular iOS sandbox game Junk Jack was quietly released for Android a few months ago.

Thanks for this. I remember this game back when I had an iPhone. Finally on android.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Viper915 posted:

The current humble mobile bundle is all roguelikes. I don't know anything about most of them, but if you like roguelikes, it's probably worth checking out!

Does the humble bundle still require you to download the apk and manually install them?

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

binge crotching posted:

Does the humble bundle still require you to download the apk and manually install them?

Yes.

And for those who've been waiting for This War of Mine to go on sale, it's $2 right now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elevenbitstudios.twommobile

Zarlog fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 23, 2017

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Why is this dumb throwing weapon game

So.

Good.

My only complaint is the stamina system. It feels really unnecessary. Plus a recharge is like 15 gems which is... Yeah no thanks.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Zarlog posted:

Yes.

And for those who've been waiting for This War of Mine to go on sale, it's $2 right now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elevenbitstudios.twommobile

Good controls for a phone?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

w00tmonger posted:

Good controls for a phone?

It has a similarity to Fallout Shelter but based on a much more depressing reality

UI wise it's pretty easy to pick up

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Saxophone posted:

My only complaint is the stamina system

Set your phone's clock a couple hours ahead when you run out of stamina, switch back to the game, instant refill.

This War of Mine, i played it more than a year ago. I think the controls were fine, i just didn't like playing it on my small phone screen. S7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, so I never bothered with it either during my days as a Sega Genesis owner, emulator, or even playing all of those games via Steam, but is Kid Chameleon supposed to be good? Jesus :psyduck:

I mean, Altered Beast is pretty lackluster, but I at least remember that enough that nostalgia helps it along a bit, but goddamn, Kid Chameleon.