Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What I want to know is do you become a champion who then turns into a skeleton, or do you turn into a skeleton who then becomes a champion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's two separate divisions in the yearly skeletal championships.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

So I played DE right back when they came out, and I am very curious if what I own constitutes a reasonable army now. I assume that since my only HQs were Baron Sathonyx and a Haemonculus that I'll need something new there, but otherwise I have the following:
4x Raiders
3x Ravagers
3x Venoms
20 kabalite warriors
10 kabalite trueborn
10 wyches
20 hellions
6 jetbikes
10 scourges
1 Razorwing

I'm gonna guess I have entirely too few troops but someone here can surely tell me.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hustlin Floh posted:

What I want to know is do you become a champion who then turns into a skeleton, or do you turn into a skeleton who then becomes a champion?

It's the first one. The rules are that you're a Chaos dude the gods like so much, that when you die they bring you back to go again.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
At what rank do my bones grow additional bones? Specifically, when can I look forward to backwards knees and ungulated feet?

Asking for a friend.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skellybones posted:

It's the first one. The rules are that you're a Chaos dude the gods like so much, that when you die they bring you back to go again.

Shhhhh, I know, I'm reading the book. I'm trying not to break character here.

Although judging by your username this is clearly right in your wheelhouse.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Can you enter if you are, in fact, a man-shaped ham golem?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Skellybones posted:

I was hoping there was a skeleton career advancement I could look forward to after being drafted into the skeleton war

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Cracking open the boys with a cold one

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anyone has a bunch of the old RT era books there's a picture I want to find. It's of some Ultramarines (or Ultra Marines as they were called) who I think may be piloting a Land Speeder or something. Anyways one of the marines has something along the lines of "That Was So... Ultra" written on his armor or on the speeder or something. It's goofy as hell and is therefore one of the best RT art pieces, up there with SLAM SECTOR and GIMME DANGER.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Hustlin Floh posted:

If anyone has a bunch of the old RT era books there's a picture I want to find. It's of some Ultramarines (or Ultra Marines as they were called) who I think may be piloting a Land Speeder or something. Anyways one of the marines has something along the lines of "That Was So... Ultra" written on his armor or on the speeder or something. It's goofy as hell and is therefore one of the best RT art pieces, up there with SLAM SECTOR and GIMME DANGER.

I got you fam

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

theironjef posted:

So I played DE right back when they came out, and I am very curious if what I own constitutes a reasonable army now. I assume that since my only HQs were Baron Sathonyx and a Haemonculus that I'll need something new there, but otherwise I have the following:
4x Raiders
3x Ravagers
3x Venoms
20 kabalite warriors
10 kabalite trueborn
10 wyches
20 hellions
6 jetbikes
10 scourges
1 Razorwing

I'm gonna guess I have entirely too few troops but someone here can surely tell me.

that's a lot of models!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Moola posted:

that's a lot of models!

And they're pretty cool looking!

But yeah, what's my 8th edition viability looking like?

theironjef fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 22, 2017

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
That's very handsome!

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Your 8th edition forecast is meh with a lot of waiting between dice rolls for the next 6 months.

For the following 4 years the forecast is growing frustration as your codex is not released and each and every mans is crushed under a never ending wave of additional cool rules tacked on to every other army but yours.

Prognosis: Get a wicked sweet lightning tattoo on your femur.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hustlin Floh posted:

I want to know.

I want to know everything.

i dont remember this wikihow page

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Your 8th edition forecast is meh with a lot of waiting between dice rolls for the next 6 months.

For the following 4 years the forecast is growing frustration as your codex is not released and each and every mans is crushed under a never ending wave of additional cool rules tacked on to every other army but yours.

Prognosis: Get a wicked sweet lightning tattoo on your femur.

that sucks :/

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

It might be all the plastic cement fumes I'm breathing, but the new big bois have really well-detailed butts.

Are they wearing assless power armor-chaps?

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

theironjef posted:

4x Raiders
3x Ravagers
3x Venoms
20 kabalite warriors
10 kabalite trueborn
10 wyches
20 hellions
6 jetbikes
10 scourges
1 Razorwing

Noone in this thread cares

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

gender illusionist posted:

I care you dumb bitch!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

theironjef posted:

4x Raiders
3x Ravagers
3x Venoms
20 kabalite warriors
10 kabalite trueborn
10 wyches
20 hellions
6 jetbikes
10 scourges
1 Razorwing

You want the other thread

Kind of wish Moola had named this the SLAM SECTOR thread like a good skeleton

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
theres already 2 slam sector threads and a skeleton/slam sector thread and now a slam sector discord

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Moola posted:

theres already 2 slam sector threads and a skeleton/slam sector thread and now a slam sector discord

so? :colbert:

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Are they wearing assless power armor-chaps?

They are! Everything down there is rendered as a fibrous under-armour layer.

I just cleaned the mold lines off a sergeant's codpiece.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

good point

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hell yeah

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

They are! Everything down there is rendered as a fibrous under-armour layer.

I just cleaned the mold lines off a sergeant's codpiece.

Niiice. :tutbutt:

gender illusionist posted:

Hey, I liked his pretty minis.

Also I feel that this thread should be an unpoliced wild wasteland, accepting of all forms of posting. Even though you will probably never get a useful answer.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

theironjef posted:

And they're pretty cool looking!

But yeah, what's my 8th edition viability looking like?
I think I saw your minis a while back and I've always been a big fan. Even if you can't use them in 40k, there are other games in which you could use them. Not so much the vehicles, since the games tend to be skirmish. Which is a shame, since I love those centerpieces. They're the kind of things I'd probably paint on my Tau if I ever get around to painting the robots again.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
They'd work perfectly as Warpath Firefight Asterians.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

FishFood posted:

They'd work perfectly as Warpath Firefight Asterians.

This is a good call

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Fathis Munk posted:

Also I feel that this thread should be an unpoliced wild wasteland, accepting of all forms of posting. Even though you will probably never get a useful answer.

this thread is like the chill overwatch thread and the other thread is like the unchill overwatch thread

so I'm saying we need to start shipping primarchs and posting horney fanart

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The lady who was drawing the fab marines is now drawing angry marines. Significantly less chill

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
more like angry memes

haha

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

so I'm saying we need to start shipping primarchs and posting horney fanart

If you don't want Lion and Corax to have mopey make out sessions together you can gently caress right off.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Who What Now posted:

If you don't want Lion and Corax to have mopey make out sessions together you can gently caress right off.

Their unholy half-lion half-crow offspring begat the Howling Griffons.

(original idea do not steal)

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

Moola posted:

and now a slam sector discord

Link, so I can do less work at work?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moola posted:

more like angry memes

haha

I miss the mean green tree marines of old

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Soggy Chips posted:

Link, so I can do less work at work?

https://discord.gg/bdddDs

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Any companies out there that do versions of the Phoenix Lords? Too many of their models are old and busted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

S.J. posted:

Any companies out there that do versions of the Phoenix Lords? Too many of their models are old and busted.

No, because their Eldar style is defensibly distinct, so it's a lot harder to do legally than a superhuman in an exoskeleton with big shoulders. The Eldar HQ mini that Chapterhouse made was one of the few things they actually lost in court to GW.

It's near impossible to find alternative anything for Eldar, and it's either because of that, or there's not enough demand to take production time away from another kind of alternative Space Marines or Guardsmen that the market sorely needs.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 22, 2017

• Locked thread