Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The bar fills as you deal damage with the DoT from the first activation, and when the bar fills up it turns green and starts to drain. While it's green you can press the character power button to do a quick knockdown move with a pretty generous area of effect.

Also while active any attack that uses fear gas (aka any attack with a green effect) will also add to the bar. The move you unlock, Traumatize, is a full screen low that puts characters in the same kind of unbreakable stun as a full Canary Cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
The first activation can be used as an attack? I thought the tutorial said it just increased the damage of gas attacks?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The trait has a proximity DOT while active, crowd went crazy when Whiteboi took a win with that at CEO

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

I said come in! posted:

Somehow my Black Adam has 54 epic pieces, a character I never play.
It's a sign

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Huzzah!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I said come in! posted:

you lack the wisdom of zehuti

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

This surprises you?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/878354674751082498

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Nice

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Ugh.

I paid for a DC game and I expect DC characters, damnit!

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

McCloud posted:

Ugh.

I actually feel this. If you're going to have a cameo character, I feel like it shouldn't be part of the official release roster.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

McCloud posted:

Ugh.

lol just wait until Raiden and Spawn show up

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The biggest bummer about SZ and Raiden is that there are plenty of Ice and Lightning themed comicbook characters that would have been way cooler to have in the game.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

fadam posted:

The biggest bummer about SZ and Raiden is that there are plenty of Ice and Lightning themed comicbook characters that would have been way cooler to have in the game.

Amen, brother.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
MKX was so, so much worse. 70% of the DLC characters were licensed horror movie characters, and all that did was make me very sad that we weren't getting a whole NRS made horror movie fighting game. All guest characters just make me sad that we aren't getting a new fighting game with those characters.

Namco still needs to make a Star Wars soul calibur game. If Arc system works can past Dragonball over Guilty Gear, than Namco can do this goddammit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A new Soul Calibur in general would be pretty great, hopefully with some rebooted mechanics.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

A new Soul Calibur in general would be pretty great, hopefully with some rebooted mechanics.

If they made that poo poo, they already have the whole force mechanic. Just make the drat game Namco, its free money since nerds will buy that who hate fighting games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The coolest part to Soul Calibur imho was each character's weapon and how their fighting style + personality were tied to them, so transferring that into a SW game where basically every fighter uses a lightsaber would be a challenge. But I'm sure they'd do something like give Mecha-Luke a Scythesaber or something dumb like that anyway.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

The coolest part to Soul Calibur imho was each character's weapon and how their fighting style + personality were tied to them, so transferring that into a SW game where basically every fighter uses a lightsaber would be a challenge. But I'm sure they'd do something like give Mecha-Luke a Scythesaber or something dumb like that anyway.

Rey would have a stick. So would Zeb.... thats about it though. :(

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MrJacobs posted:

MKX was so, so much worse. 70% of the DLC characters were licensed horror movie characters, and all that did was make me very sad that we weren't getting a whole NRS made horror movie fighting game. All guest characters just make me sad that we aren't getting a new fighting game with those characters.

Namco still needs to make a Star Wars soul calibur game. If Arc system works can past Dragonball over Guilty Gear, than Namco can do this goddammit.

You're really hung up on these "pure" fighters that don't and won't exist.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Norns posted:

You're really hung up on these "pure" fighters that don't and won't exist.

Some of them actually do, but they are just POS mugen mash ups or that lovely terrordrome game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Soul Calibur is dead, fellas. I've given up hope. We'd sooner get a new Bloody Roar since Konami is realizing the pachinko biz is hosed.

MrJacobs posted:

Jason was a loving awesome surprise character to be fair, but I absolutely would have switched Predator/Alien/Leatherface out. They were pretty neat but it got obnoxious when it got to loving Leatherface, like just create a Terrordrome game already. Would have rather gotten people like Baraka, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Kabal....thought tbh near the end, who else was left? Besides maybe those guys, MKX filled out the roster with most of the favorites. It wasn't like DC where you can literally throw a dart at a board and you'll come up with something interesting every time.

WELL, EXCEPT FOR MAYBE RED HOOD/ENCHANTRESS

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

lol just wait until Raiden and Spawn show up

at least Spawn is a character in funny books

I also want Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi II

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

at least Spawn is a character in funny books

I also want Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi II

So is raiden technically

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Comic guest characters would be cool, Hellboy or Judge Dredd maybe.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

Comic guest characters would be cool, Hellboy or Judge Dredd maybe.

Judge Dredd probably is a no-go do to rights/too many loving gunboys in the game but Hellboy is probably the coolest guest comic character they could do outside of some kind of Watchmen cameo (hopefully Nite Owl because I do not need Rorschach in this game)

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
The real main issue with guest characters (other than me being a pendantic nerd) is re-releases if the game is popular. Unless company A owns all the chars i the game, re-releases might become difficult. Most, if not all the guest characters in MKX were owned by different studios not WB (Predator/Xenomorph is FOX, Jason is new line, No idea for leatherface) so if they want to re-release MKXL in 2027 they might run into issues down the line. Now this wont be an issue for Inustice, but it is an issue if the new character is actually a guest character like Link, who cannot be released in any Soul Calibur 2 re-releases.

But that's not a big issue in the scheme of things.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DLC Inc posted:

Judge Dredd probably is a no-go do to rights/too many loving gunboys in the game but Hellboy is probably the coolest guest comic character they could do outside of some kind of Watchmen cameo (hopefully Nite Owl because I do not need Rorschach in this game)

They could do a Nite Owl premier skin for Batman. Either that or Owl Man (which I totally want to happen)

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

MrJacobs posted:

The real main issue with guest characters (other than me being a pendantic nerd) is re-releases if the game is popular. Unless company A owns all the chars i the game, re-releases might become difficult. Most, if not all the guest characters in MKX were owned by different studios not WB (Predator/Xenomorph is FOX, Jason is new line, No idea for leatherface) so if they want to re-release MKXL in 2027 they might run into issues down the line. Now this wont be an issue for Inustice, but it is an issue if the new character is actually a guest character like Link, who cannot be released in any Soul Calibur 2 re-releases.

But that's not a big issue in the scheme of things.

I suspect game companies are aware of this and work it out beforehand these days

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

I suspect game companies are aware of this and work it out beforehand these days

I suspect they don't give a gently caress since that's a decent ways away and they have more poo poo to make to keep the lights on.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

MrJacobs posted:

I suspect they don't give a gently caress since that's a decent ways away and they have more poo poo to make to keep the lights on.

What if their legal team aren't the same people in the Dickensian nightmare trying to keep their family fed

Also I don't care enough to check but I imagine they chose horror characters WB already had the rights to

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

What if their legal team aren't the same people in the Dickensian nightmare trying to keep their family fed

Also I don't care enough to check but I imagine they chose horror characters WB already had the rights to

Hey nobody said their kids worked in factories and lost fingers to the mill machines or other Dickensian/Victorian horrors inflicted upon their lives.

20th Century Fox and New Line Cinema own three of the MKX characters. No idea about leatherface.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pubic works project posted:

They could do a Nite Owl premier skin for Batman. Either that or Owl Man (which I totally want to happen)

Owl Man is definitely up there with Shazam, Bizarro/Hank Hemshaw, and possibly Grundy (Bane?) for best premier skins to add. I have no idea if there will even be more premier skins going forward, though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Truth be told I'm a fan of any FG that takes characters from disparate forms of media to beat each other up under the vaguest of pretenses.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Truth be told I'm a fan of any FG that takes characters from disparate forms of media to beat each other up under the vaguest of pretenses.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

uh, actually, Predator has a legit reason to beat up people!?!? Thank you VERY MUCH.

Everyone has a legit purpose to fight in the NRS universe.

[RUDY fighter profile]
"Deep within the Funhouse, Rudy can be found seething with a constant hate for the Orb that controls his fate. Deciding that his destiny lay beyond the table, Rudy stood up and smashed the controls to the machine, entering a realm far beyond that of the mechanisms that created him. He may be a simple ventriloquist dummy at first glance, but Rudy is not happy with you now. He cannot be killed. Cannot be stopped. And it's getting late."

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I actually like the guests in MKX because those kinds of over the top dudes feel like they belong in that universe.

MK characters do not feel like they belong in the DC Universe

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh so a guy who shoots ice and a guy who shoots lightning dont belong in a comic book universe? Get the gently caress out lmao

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Norns posted:

Oh so a guy who shoots ice and a guy who shoots lightning dont belong in a comic book universe? Get the gently caress out lmao

That brutally rips spines out of people or freezes them and then shatters them? No, they don't feel like a part of the DC comics punchman universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That brutally rips spines out of people or freezes them and then shatters them? No, they don't feel like a part of the DC comics punchman universe

Umm I think you'll find plenty of arm ripping and poo poo in the DC universe if you look

• Locked thread