Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh god Fina has had a lily on her hair all this time. This lesbian selfcest was planned from the start :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The Adventurer Materias require one of the previous rank (except rank 1) and a whole bunch of Relics. Adventurer 5 requires 1200 relics and Adventurer 4, for instance.

We're all getting these eventually.

Yeah, it just may take a very long time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

LOL gotta spend $200 for a guaranteed 5* through the lapis exchange rewards. Why isnt this poo poo retroactive?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
:frogsiren: Repeat now works between battles :frogsiren:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Just a reminder that you can now reset your espers! First one is free, after that it costs 100 lapis. Fix those skill setups!

Also getting 160 relics in a week can net you a 5% trust moogle too via expeditions achievements. Also 5 Gigantaurs for 40, 100 lapis for 80, and a summon ticket for 120. Make sure to grind those out (feasibility pending, but doing 1d for 3 relic quests probably isn't going to help).

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The new way abilities are sorted is annoying. And the fact that everything for crafting is 'new'. At least they fixed the item % boost display bug and even threw in bonus effects as well!

Guess it's time to level more story units then just Rain and Laswell. Took a crack at some of them with 6* Rain/Lass with garbage gear and a bunch of other under-leveled story units. Wasn't able to do much.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\ Mine have been maxed out since the beginning. Yes, I want a medal for my foresight.

Either that half-price energy for story missions hasn't kicked in yet, or these new missions are 20 each.
\/\/\/ D'oh.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Half energy doesn't start until tomorrow. Hold off on story quests 'till then if you want to save that extra energy!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is there a place for the BEST ways to set up your espers?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Servaetes posted:

Is there a place for the BEST ways to set up your espers?

I've always used this page.

Edit: That's a lie, I just found it by googling.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

/\/\/\ Mine have been maxed out since the beginning. Yes, I want a medal for my foresight.

I maxed them all just in time for these trials!

Except I forgot Fina, at level 9/40. Whoops.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've always loaded up on skills. Even the *-Breaks aren't bad on King Mog events and getting your bonus units something to do on harder enemies to make it easier to solo. Stats are so minor and so expensive (+100 esper stats = +1 unit stat) it isn't worth going for until the end to squeeze out one extra attack or so. Just go for the good skills first. *-Killers are the best, Osmose, Provoke, Bar-Element-as, etc. Some skills are still trash like Mug and Cover has questionable value (see the FF14 Titan event where you wanted Stone Killer on your DPS but then DPS might cover and kill themselves).

Quick napkin math for weekly relics: There's 168 hours in a week and 4 slots to run expeditions in, so you effectively have 672 hours of expeditions to get 160 relics. So the baseline is you need to get 0.24 relics/hour to get the 160 relics per week to get the 5* moogle. Doesn't seem bad at all but I haven't seen many expeditions so far to get a feel for how many relics/hour you can get. The daily expeditions seem like traps, 1 day for 3 relics and the extra reward (all of mine were +10 Energy refills which is :lol: ).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh sweet, we got compensation for the crafting slots! I totally forgot about those. Only time they ever came useful was Mogcakes, Hero Ring+Upgrades, and FF14 Event equipment for Yshtola.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

LOL gotta spend $200 for a guaranteed 5* through the lapis exchange rewards. Why isnt this poo poo retroactive?
On the plus side, the unique EX character with a Dual Wield+ TM (Dual Wield + 50% damage with certain weapons) isn't in there, so there's a possibility she might end up a regular banner unit.
Although now that I think about it, I see the EX items you get are specifically regular, 4* and 5* EX tickets, so maybe they're just making an entire EX unit pool with global exclusives.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 22, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

HGH posted:

On the plus side, the unique EX character with a Dual Wield+ TM (Dual Wield + 50% damage with certain weapons) isn't in there, so there's a possibility she might end up a regular banner unit.
Although now that I think about it, I see the EX items you get are specifically regular, 4* and 5* EX tickets, so maybe they're just making an entire EX unit pool with global exclusives.

They were saying that the EX ticket isn't the same as a regular ticket in that it doesn't account for the banner, so I think that's the only difference. It's possible that they make units like that but it really goes against the gacha factor to make a unit that you have to get with straight up cash. It sound weird but I think they realized that was a bad idea in global because it really screams money grab, particularly when it's behind $500~.

The other mobile game I was playing, Marvel Heroes had units that were paywalled but to get them you had to kick the company $10 or so each.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, it didn't occur to me that these tickets might just be to prevent cheesing banners.
Also, they finally fixed the equipment passives display! Now not only are stat %s showing up, but additional effects have full descriptions in yellow to boot!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Knocked out the Rain/Lasswell/Fina trials. I didn't know what to expect so I rolled in there with everyone equipped to the gills with TMs. They're extremely easy and I can't imagine they'll be too hard even without tons of gear. I used Rain, Lasswell, Fina, Sakura, and Nichol, everyone maxed out in rarity and levels. I can get Lasswell up to 844 at which isn't too shabby.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

Much obliged. I was a dummy and figured I could bum rush it, and lost 40 energy for my hubris, but went in again with Minfilia and proper buffing, and while my calculations must've been off somewhere, Elza still did a very respectable 800k or so damage a round.

I'm just happy my first 'good' unit has come around again in use.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Fina maxed out with her trial gear is on par with Refia. She lacks full life, but she gets her own AOE heal+esuna and some mp regen, plus a reactive heal. Like Refia she still needs a dual cast to shine, but she also gets some immunities to the bad-for-caster ailments.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Looks like we're going to need some macro updates, they added some dialogue boxes if the game crashes during a fight that allow you to resume the fight where you left off or forget that info and, presumably, start at the home screen. Macro I'm using gets stuck on this dialogue and just idles.

Also I certainly wouldn't mind paying some lapis to double my exploration slots.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I had a Ruler's Ring crafting when the update hit and it looks like the game just outright deleted it entirely. All materials gone, no ring in my inventory. Awesome.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
80 bucks and 25000 lapis later, it finally gave me a TIlith. After 4 more Karls. :( It feels like such a hollow victory since I had to pay for it.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Holy poo poo all these free slots though!!!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Ahhh gently caress I can only use story characters for the Trials? It took me everything just to Awaken and max two units.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
The trials are here until June 2020, so you got some time.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Office Thug posted:

Ahhh gently caress I can only use story characters for the Trials? It took me everything just to Awaken and max two units.

I was upset it wouldn't let me use Dark Fina.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm betting one of those two was Lasswell since at 6* he levels up at the same rate as all the other non-story chracters while Rain, Fina, etc. level up twice as fast. Here's the unit EXP chart. Growth Pattern 2 is what most story characters are, 6 is what most lapis summon characters are... and Lasswell's 6* form because gumi :v:.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is the Gathering thing really gonna poof tonight? I'll have to probably spend lapis to finish the thing if so.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
It doesn't say the cost, but the FF Portal App's article on the BE anniversary says that the anniversary bundle will have 10k lapis, a 5* moogle, and "other rewards". We are also apparently getting a King Moogle Raid Event, which I'm not sure had been reported before?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

It doesn't say the cost, but the FF Portal App's article on the BE anniversary says that the anniversary bundle will have 10k lapis, a 5* moogle, and "other rewards". We are also apparently getting a King Moogle Raid Event, which I'm not sure had been reported before?
None of that's been mentioned on global yet
Isnt that raid the one from jp that gives the mog unit?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Is the Gathering thing really gonna poof tonight? I'll have to probably spend lapis to finish the thing if so.

Yeah, events and banners change tonight. At least try to get the Whitebrim, it's a good hat. Clearing the final stage can net quite a few high level ability awakening mats without any Kill Boss with Limit Break / Esper nonsense too.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The story only character trials were rather underwhelming. Not that I was expecting them to be Trial difficulty, but none of them did anything besides 3-8 regular physical attacks that hit for like 200-400. I didn't even need to heal if Sakura used her DR every turn, and all of them went down in 3 turns

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
How important is rerolling? I just started so I won't really be losing anything but it kinda looks like a pain in the dick to actually do

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Winged Orpheus posted:

How important is rerolling? I just started so I won't really be losing anything but it kinda looks like a pain in the dick to actually do

Majorly important. You will absolutely kick yourself if you don't take advantage of rerolling now in the future, unless you have the luck of the gods and pull 1% rainbows left and right.

Though, maybe just play around not seriously for now, because I think next week we'll get a free 11+1 pull, and rerolling during that time will be a lot easier.

Look up how to get a macro to automate the rerolling process for you, it'll make it a lot less painful.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

arisu posted:

Majorly important. You will absolutely kick yourself if you don't take advantage of rerolling now in the future, unless you have the luck of the gods and pull 1% rainbows left and right.

Though, maybe just play around not seriously for now, because I think next week we'll get a free 11+1 pull, and rerolling during that time will be a lot easier.

Look up how to get a macro to automate the rerolling process for you, it'll make it a lot less painful.

I didn't reroll at all, but I've been pretty lucky, getting Noctis during the players choice banner and Aileen from a random daily pull off-banner.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Is Tillith going away when her banner does because I would reroll for her if you're just starting. Like a 5* DPS is great and all but a great healer and support are what carries teams.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius: EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM 250 LAPIS INTO THE SLOT. ITS BEDILE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, BEDILE

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

They're not going anywhere, and the story units have lower experience and material costs. Except Lasswell.

BDawg posted:

I was upset it wouldn't let me use Dark Fina.

Or Black Cat Lid!

McSpankWich posted:

The story only character trials were rather underwhelming. Not that I was expecting them to be Trial difficulty, but none of them did anything besides 3-8 regular physical attacks that hit for like 200-400. I didn't even need to heal if Sakura used her DR every turn, and all of them went down in 3 turns

Well, try awakening Fina and hopping in there without leveling her. I had to do Rain and Lasswell's twice for the no-kills. Level 1 6* Fina falls over in a stiff breeze.

Winged Orpheus posted:

You will eventually become quite powerful regardless of refilling. You may give up before this point if you don't reroll for at least one 5-star unit to make the journey there easier, though.

Stick that in the new OP, TC.

hamsystem posted:

Is Tillith going away when her banner does because I would reroll for her if you're just starting. Like a 5* DPS is great and all but a great healer and support are what carries teams.

Yes. She is only around during Brave Frontier events.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
These trials weren't that hard. Here's what you do, if you're a newer player and still struggling. You may have to progress in the story to the point where you have all the characters and Espers you need.

6* Rain: Undermine! Then, elemental or physical damage as per the boss's weakness. Fire is good.

6* Lasswell: Exorcising Storm for ochu minions, otherwise Blade Flash.

6* Fina: Cheer, keep up the group heals. If you have Curaja, you're golden.

5* Sakura: Defensive Barrier, then Dualcast Thundaja all day.

5* Nichol:Um... Libra? Then Barblizzara or Watega as appropriate.

Rain's Undermine, Fina's Cheer, and Sakura's Defensive Barrier really even your odds.

If you have a Dual Wield, give it to Lasswell, he can get to a respectively high ATK and make the fights super short.

Honestly, the hardest part of these trials is switching your equipment around from your main team to the story guys (not that the story guys -Rain, Lasswell, Fina, Sakura, Black Cat Lid- are bad, it's just that there are so many better ones)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, there's only a week left to get Tilith. I've got 40 tickets I'm saving for Rikku but between Tilith and Rikku one is a character I'll never pull if I don't get her in the next week (also on a banner with 2 other gold crystals). I wouldn't be surprised if in a fit of frustrating I throw another ten tickets into the Bediling Anzelmbyss of Shadows.

e: Rerolling now might be worth it. The 10+1 w/ Guaranteed 5* might not be free (there is a free 10+1 but that afaik is a separate pull) so it'd be nice to build up the lapis to use it. Plus the best healer for the next 6+ months, Tilith, is available on banner and she goes away in a week.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 22, 2017

• Locked thread