Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

TheScott2K posted:

Murkowski, Collins, and...

Paul, I'd assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The mountain of skulls the bill will result in isn't tall enough.

Dirk Pitt posted:

Isn’t their strategy going to be to put up an atrocious dummy bill and then amend it with a less lovely bill they just happen to have lying around?

Yes, and the atrocious dummy bill was the House version.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

McCain's gonna be deeply concerned for his old as gently caress boomer constituents and still vote for it.

I'm deeply conce SHUT THE gently caress UP KAMALA deeply concerned about this bill and...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The gently caress is wrong with you people, the healthcare bill finally gets released , and you all to busy shoving your head up your rear end so when you scream out Pelosi it echos off the wall of your rectums

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

I think this is all for show.

The amendment will be the real bill. This is the show bill. It's all theater.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

TheScott2K posted:

Paul.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

Maybe their opposition is for show, but I'm not sure what you mean this is the show bill and the amendment is the real bill. This is the bill they plan on introducing by amending a functionally blank bill.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 22, 2017

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Rand or Lee is probably one of them

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

mcmagic posted:

The party literally can't be hosed more than they are hosed at the moment under this set of leaders.

Ossoff got <1k votes more than the guy who spent $37 on his campaign against Price in 2016. That is something to celebrate?

You broke brained moron. That was a presidential election year. More people come out for those (loving shocking!). Compare Handel's vote counts to that election and you'll see Ossoff did really well to turn out that many for a special election.

Holy gently caress you are loving dense.

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 22, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hollismason posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you people, the healthcare bill finally gets released , and you all to busy shoving your head up your rear end so when you scream out Pelosi it echos off the wall of your rectums

You're a USPol vet Holli. You know why.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That would still give them 50. The fact that they are making this announcement means they've been given the go ahead cause they already have the votes.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

Fixed.

Placing my bets: Collins, Murkowski, and Heller.

God drat you and your not mountains

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That would still give them 50. The fact that they are making this announcement means they've been given the go ahead cause they already have the votes.

3 defections would give them 49, my friend

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Republicans have 52 senators. 52 - 3 = 49.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Kekekela posted:

Saw Hosoi, Cabellero et al killing it there in 85

:respek:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

twice burned ice posted:

You broke brained moron. That was a presidential election. More people come out for those (loving shocking!). Compare Handel's vote counts to that election and you'll see Ossoff did really well to turn out that many for a special election.

Ossof got pres election level votes. Handel got midterm election level votes. The district was red enough that that didn't matter, she still won. But imagine if that was replicated district by district across the country - Dem vote counts like 16, GOP vote counts like 14.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

Yep. They whipped the gently caress out of the purple republicans and will pass a really lovely bill, but not as lovely as this one. It’s why McConnell said no to a three day public period on amendments. Don’t get distracted with this one. The evil is still coming.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

twice burned ice posted:

You broke brained moron. That was a presidential election. More people come out for those (loving shocking!). Compare Handel's vote counts to that election and you'll see Ossoff did really well to turn out that many for a special election.

The best part, is that mcmagic ran around screaming that they didn't turn out D voters in the GA-06, but in actuality D voter numbers were up. He's a bad lefty.

Boon fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 22, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Placing bet mccain isn't one of it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Republicans have 52 senators. 52 - 3 = 49.

Maybe under Obama's job-killing Common Core, you communist.

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!

TheScott2K posted:

I think people were saying Paul a few days ago.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Buzzfeed's (lol) write-up about the bill includes a section that bulletpoints reactions from various senatorsand I appreciated this one:

"Sen. Susan Collins, a Republican from Maine, ran out of an exit away from the press."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ah I was zero indexing it. So 52, 51, 50. But that's not how math works

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Dirk Pitt posted:

Yep. They whipped the gently caress out of the purple republicans and will pass a really lovely bill, but not as lovely as this one.

My guess is if this comes up for a vote and fails, then republican healthcare is DOA before 2018.

Nyaa posted:

Placing bet mccain isn't one of it.

He is deeply concerned, though.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My guess is that The Turtle will use a ventriloquist dummy to introduce the bill and then claim no responsibility since his lips never moved.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The best mountain is Mount Sunflower, the highest point in Kansas:

(Kansas, though flat, gradually slopes down to the east, so the "highest point" is an otherwise unremarkable spot near the western border.)

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Aves Maria! posted:

My guess is if this comes up for a vote and fails, then republican healthcare is DOA before 2018.

He is deeply concerned, though.

They’re gonna amend at the last minute and pass it. The real bill is still being worked on.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Dirk Pitt posted:

Yep. They whipped the gently caress out of the purple republicans and will pass a really lovely bill, but not as lovely as this one. It’s why McConnell said no to a three day public period on amendments. Don’t get distracted with this one. The evil is still coming.

Um no this isn't what's happening

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Dirk Pitt posted:

They’re gonna amend at the last minute and pass it.

That seems highly dubious, and even if they did it'd have to go back to the House for a vote.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

twice burned ice posted:

You broke brained moron. That was a presidential election year. More people come out for those (loving shocking!). Compare Handel's vote counts to that election and you'll see Ossoff did really well to turn out that many for a special election.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

America shouldn't have elected the GOP without agreeing on a safe word.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

PT6A posted:

The leadership team seems to be worse than Pelosi. Pelosi is good at what she should be doing, which is leading the Democrats in the House. She's poo poo at giving interviews and generally being likeable -- I cringe every time I see her speaking on TV, because she's just not good at it, constantly whiffing on easy-rear end questions and such, and I'm sympathetic to her views to begin with.

She's obviously very skilled at what she does, so we should let her get on with it and stop demanding that she be the charismatic figure that unites the country and ushers in a progressive utopia.

It's HER team......... If they are bad, it's her fault.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
[quote="“Aves Maria!”" post="“473655764”"]
That seems highly dubious, and even if they did it’d have to go back to the House for a vote.
[/quote]

It has to go back to the house regardless, doesn’t it?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aves Maria! posted:

That seems highly dubious, and even if they did it'd have to go back to the House for a vote.

I mean, won't this? It's along the same lines as the House bill, but it's not literally the same bill.

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Ah I was zero indexing it. So 52, 51, 50. But that's not how math works

49 plus VP Pence for the win!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
It really sucks that we have not been able to force them to pay an electoral price for this poo poo yet.

Now we have to wait for November and the NJ/VA gubernatorials.

BootStrap posted:

49 plus VP Pence for the win!

Not how it works. He only gets a vote if it's 50-50.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/877918500320301056

Am I reading this right? Does this eliminate tax savings to small businesses that offer plans that cover abortions?

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

PerniciousKnid posted:

The safeword is "herb" but the Brits haven't come to save us because we can't seem to pronounce it correctly.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean, won't this? It's along the same lines as the House bill, but it's not literally the same bill.

It does. But it's not like they can just sneakily amend it at the last minute and then boom! no one gets to look at it again and it's law now. So that doesn't seem like a likely strategy.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

PerniciousKnid posted:

Shoot more republicans imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Are they trying to make healthcare worse than it was before the ACA?

• Locked thread