Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

hey guys gandhi was racist so i guess that means everything he did is forfeit

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ok i dont even know what the gently caress to make of this and i suspect nobody else does either:

https://twitter.com/TeddyDavisCNN/status/877959940761059328

i dunno how "we should start over" gets him any credit from anyone

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

hey guys gandhi was racist so i guess that means everything he did is forfeit

And MLK Jr. cheated on his wife.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

FDR's real crime was saving capitalism from collapse.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Let's sacrifice FDR on the altar of ideological purity.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

And MLK Jr. cheated on his wife.

gently caress civil rights then

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/DavMicRot/status/877920555458060288

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
the real lesson here is to be careful about idol worship, bc in the end we're all humans and humans are bad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

ok i dont even know what the gently caress to make of this and i suspect nobody else does either:

Ron Johnson is at around the intelligence level of a Fox and Friends host.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Aves Maria! posted:

the real lesson here is to be careful about idol worship, bc in the end we're all humans and humans are bad.

RIP milkshake duck

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

evilweasel posted:

Sure sounds like a harder no than any amendment could fix. If (if) the GOP has to write off him and Paul we just need a couple of moderates to grow some balls for five seconds...

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

withak posted:

RIP milkshake duck

he was the best of us, but also racist

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

The Gen X boat is small but we will make room for all of you! We've gone through this poo poo at least twice now. :patriot:

Xers didn't vote straight D, they/you are also responsible.

Death by guillotine.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Aves Maria! posted:

There is a lovely song i've heard once or twice , and the entire thing is just this line repeated:

"I am a human being capable of doing terrible things"

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Boon posted:

Tim Ryan tried to unseat Pelosi after the election, so yes, of course he did.

He's not wrong though.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Remember when saying "poor people shouldn't reproduce" was frowned upon?

Edit: or is this basically "poor black people shouldn't repoduce"

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Mahoning posted:

He's not wrong though.

stop right there, criminal scum

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

evilweasel posted:

I think RonJon can read a poll.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Being pregnant doesn't mean you are ineligible for Medicaid completely, it just means you won't be able to stay on the Medicaid expansion as it's being phased out, if I'm reading the bill correctly.

Obviously this is not a good thing, but it is not quite as dire as that tweet suggests.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/877962447457484800

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Notable that Johnson Lee and Paul are up for reelection in 2022, which is after this shitshow goes into force.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Ron Johnson is hilariously inconsequential beyond a vote and always has been since 2010. loving defeated Russ Feingold twice somehow.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

HappyHippo posted:

Notable that Johnson Lee and Paul are up for reelection in 2022, which is after this shitshow goes into force.

I assure you that isn't at all Lee or Paul's real concern

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

aware of dog posted:

Being pregnant doesn't mean you are ineligible for Medicaid completely, it just means you won't be able to stay on the Medicaid expansion as it's being phased out, if I'm reading the bill correctly.

Obviously this is not a good thing, but it is not quite as dire as that tweet suggests.

"He cut my arm off!"
"Actually, it looks like he just cut your forearm off.."

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Edit: ^^^^^^^^ nevermind just read this better post instead

aware of dog posted:

These takes are really loving stupid. It is exactly as bad as the tweet suggests. Millions of people are losing access to healthcare. The Medicaid expansion is getting cut and Medicaid is being turned into block grants, which means the protections aren't guaranteed. It is truly 100% hosed and trying to play devil's advocate is both incorrect and morally hosed up since you're playing defense for these guys now.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/foxreports/status/877962763493978112

Tldr: set FYGM to maximum

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mahoning posted:

He's not wrong though.

His opening line was how went to campaign in South Carolina and then continues to be disappointed. So...

Also lets examine these races:
- Kansas: a legit surprise overperformance
- Montana: a long-shot candidate in a long shot seat, overperformance
- South Carolina, lol, overperformance
- Georgia: best bet, still 50/50 in strong red district, candidate doesn't live in the district - slight u underperformance based on previous three races

Tim Ryan has an axe to grind, and you have a tribe to double down with

Boon fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 22, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Just as we expected, Cruz's main objection to the current bill is that it doesn't kill enough people.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

lol, I will laugh if Ted Cruz blows poo poo up again because he's too obsessed with being the shakespearean hero

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
"Flexibility" really is a dog whistle for kill the poor, isn't it?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Kennedy retiring Monday would be the cherry on top.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Lemming posted:

Edit: ^^^^^^^^ nevermind just read this better post instead

These takes are really loving stupid. It is exactly as bad as the tweet suggests. Millions of people are losing access to healthcare. The Medicaid expansion is getting cut and Medicaid is being turned into block grants, which means the protections aren't guaranteed. It is truly 100% hosed and trying to play devil's advocate is both incorrect and morally hosed up since you're playing defense for these guys now.

Jesus, it wasn't a "take," this bill is bad enough that people don't need to exaggerate or lie about what it actually does. If you think I'm defending the bill in any way than you're incredibly stupid.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

To translate.

1. Federal deregulation of insurance plans (except 1 plan per insurer)

2. Block grants for Medicaid

3. Block states from regulating health insurance and gently caress over the injured in medical lawsuits.

4. Massive Medicaid cuts.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
I hope some talking head pundit can draw attention to the fact that the latest Trump Tweet he specifically says "I" did not record.

I bet he's gonna go for the plausible deniability of not directly recording so he can easily throw a stooge under the bus.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mantis42 posted:

FDR's real crime was saving capitalism from collapse.

On the off chance you're being serious AHAHAH if you think for a second that the US of the 30s wouldn't have gone hard right into fascism if things continued to get a lot worse. Full Communism was never ever going to happen.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

aware of dog posted:

Jesus, it wasn't a "take," this bill is bad enough that people don't need to exaggerate or lie about what it actually does. If you think I'm defending the bill in any way than you're incredibly stupid.

How is "tons of people who rely on Medicaid for healthcare during pregnancy are going to get hosed over" an exaggeration or lie

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/877965312842506245

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are the things Cruz is asking for compatible with reconciliation?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Boon posted:

His opening line was how went to campaign in South Carolina and then continues to be disappointed. So...

Hmmmmm, I wonder if you even read past the first line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

PhazonLink posted:

Xers didn't vote straight D, they/you are also responsible.

Death by guillotine.

Guillotine production was sent overseas in 1994 and now no one will export them back to us because we can't certify that they won't be used to perform executions. :smith:

• Locked thread