Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Was three, lest you forget about Eline Roaille.

Yeah, but they weren't renounced. They still held allegiance and were an active spy, opposite Lucia. A technicality at best, I know. Still, with a questionable 3 Garleans(that Nero stinger was a bit ominous despite Cids comedic reactions) and a possible influx of former Imperials banding together under the Eorzean Alliance, actually looking forward to Garlemald.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
So a few things I've noticed on AST.

Aspected benefic is loving expensive. 1440 MP at 70, vs 480 for benefic. It costs as much as helios.
Collective Unconsciousness seems to break as soon as I cast it a lot. Might be lag related, but it fails half the time for me now.
I've used Redraw during really laggy times, and it's given me the same card back. I haven't seen it happen when things are working nice, but it was pretty common over the weekend.

Tanks like moving out of Earthly Star. This is the best use of Rescue I've found so far.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Rescue is my new favorite skill

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Old JRPGs are pretty drat easy tho.

Dragon Quest 2 :colbert:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the final dungeon is so good

"Ishgard remembers, Warrior of Light!"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

So a few things I've noticed on AST.

Aspected benefic is loving expensive. 1440 MP at 70, vs 480 for benefic. It costs as much as helios.
Collective Unconsciousness seems to break as soon as I cast it a lot. Might be lag related, but it fails half the time for me now.
I've used Redraw during really laggy times, and it's given me the same card back. I haven't seen it happen when things are working nice, but it was pretty common over the weekend.

Tanks like moving out of Earthly Star. This is the best use of Rescue I've found so far.

Adlos are even more expensive. 1800 as I recall.

But you don't get assize/aetherflow right?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

hobbesmaster posted:

Our only builtin mana regen is ewer cards now, yeah

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hobbesmaster posted:

Adlos are even more expensive. 1800 as I recall.

Ewer cards

e: I find myself giving myself empowered ewer cards more often than before (to keep up the gravity spam) but to be fair I haven't really looked at MP numbers to see how they changed.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Renegret posted:

Rescue is my new favorite skill

I really can't believe it's in the game

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ainsley McTree posted:

I really can't believe it's in the game

I hate how it doesn't work when you're out of combat.

Like, I understand why from an anti-griefing perspective, but it's really annoying to use it how I want to because of that. Mostly because I want to grief with it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It should work for party members, then I could finally get the datacron sightseeing log entry on the top of the Kugane tower.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

Are people still having a bastard of a time making a new character on Excalibur? I'm trying to decide if I want to start playing tonight, or just try to squeak in there at like 5:00 in the morning EST tomorrow.

With a little luck you might be able to squeeze in at 4-5 AM, yeah.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

It should work for party members, then I could finally get the datacron sightseeing log entry on the top of the Kugane tower.

Marry someone good at jumping.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Finally hit a groove grinding PoTD for easy samurai levels and I was just wondering, should I just convert my aether arms to the physical weapon as soon as I can so that I have a decent weapon when I hit 60 or should I keep the arms high to make the higher levels of PoTD easier?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

M.c.P posted:

Marry someone good at jumping.

That can't be the plan for both of us!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Finally hit a groove grinding PoTD for easy samurai levels and I was just wondering, should I just convert my aether arms to the physical weapon as soon as I can so that I have a decent weapon when I hit 60 or should I keep the arms high to make the higher levels of PoTD easier?

Do you have enough poetics to buy the shire katana? Won't need the kinna weapon in that case.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If you're spamming them it's making GBS threads tomestones at you, just go grab and augment a shire weapon.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Alternatively the potd weapon looks bad rear end so hold onto your points until you're done grinding to 60 and give yourself a sick looking weapon. Padjal rapier :getin:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If you spend all your aetherpool points you have to go back to 1-50 before you can get back to grinding 51-60, I wouldn't say it's worth the sacrifice considering how less important it now is to have a strong level 60 weapon.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Pretty much. Since a Shire wep is now something like 400 Poetics just go directly to that and leave your arms/armor in PotD at max. Once you no longer have any combat classes you care to level up, feel free to spend the PotD points on glamour weps unless you have plans for a solo or deep run.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Pretty much. Since a Shire wep is now something like 400 Poetics just go directly to that and leave your arms/armor in PotD at max. Once you no longer have any combat classes you care to level up, feel free to spend the PotD points on glamour weps unless you have plans for a solo or deep run.

Do you still need to farm gears for it?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Oh boy, 2 hours of downloading a patch :toot:

Does anybody want me to use their recruitment code?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

nuru posted:

Nope. It's straight poetics now.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

nuru posted:

maybe for augmenting but I bought a regular shire weapon last night for a microtome and 10 encrypted tomestones (scripture)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

maybe a different kind of encrypted tomestone, i didn't pay a huge amount of attention

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Erg posted:

maybe for augmenting but I bought a regular shire weapon last night for a microtome and 10 encrypted tomestones (scripture)

Not even for augmenting. The augment item is just 100 poetics.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
you straight up buy a micro tomestone for like 50 poetics and 10 Rowena's token of scripture which are 40 each from hismena in the other catagory at the bottom. That you can trade to the girl on hismena's left for a 260 shire weapon.

You can also buy an illuminati deepest gobdip for 50-100 poetics to take the weapon south of those stalls out the door and across the street to augment the weapon to 270.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh drat it's down to even poetics now? Yeah you're an idiot if you spend your aetherpool points on a weapon for anything other than glamour purposes now

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

deadly_pudding posted:

Does anybody want me to use their recruitment code?

Yes please! It'll also get you some items to help you level up a bit faster.

Can you PM me your email address?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 22, 2017

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The consolidation of the tomestones also made things like the Anima umbrite step far easier, as if anyone is going to be doing Anima now.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

For the people leveling their second jobs to 70 post-MSQ, what did you find to be the most effective methods for getting EXP 60-70?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Happy Blue Cow posted:

For the people leveling their second jobs to 70 post-MSQ, what did you find to be the most effective methods for getting EXP 60-70?

PVP.

Really.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can one of the lore experts answer a couple questions for me?

- Are miqo'te offended by things like cat ears and clip on tails? It's like a white person wearing dreads.

- Does the eorzea version of to catch a predator use lallafell as bait, and on a related note how insufferable are the reddit hebephiles?

Thank you and god bless.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
When does PVP start being a competitive alternative to POTD? 60+ only or as soon as it's unlocked?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

SettingSun posted:

PVP.

Really.

No joke. PvP is simple, fun, and is time limited to 16/20 minutes depending on which frontline, and generally ends far sooner.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SettingSun posted:

PVP.

Really.

Good experience, overhauled combat, short queue times because everyone's grinding levels with it. PvP is in a great spot right now and I was able to farm up the last four wins I needed for Ginga over the past couple days.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now that PVP gives exp *and* is completely disconnected from pve in terms of systems and balance, the queues have been bustling.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Your gear doesn't even seem to matter in pvp. It's great.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

When does PVP start being a competitive alternative to POTD? 60+ only or as soon as it's unlocked?

60+. Maybe earlier if you don't have a class at 60 yet and thus aren't getting the 2x armory bonus for POTD.

Boogalo posted:

Yup, it's a completely level playing field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Boogalo posted:

Yeah, gear has literally no influence on your stats. It's entirely cosmetic. Every instance of a job you see has the same stats, +/- their pvp traits.