Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Disagreed on that, they are both pretty good, not great and I've seen Dalton in better singles matches than Cody. But Cody is a bit better at working the crowd and building a match so he's a bit more consistent. Dalton is a way, way better character and entertains me a lot more, as if that needs to be said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Disagreed on that, they are both pretty good, not great and I've seen Dalton in better singles matches than Cody. But Cody is a bit better at working the crowd and building a match so he's a bit more consistent. Dalton is a way, way better character and entertains me a lot more, as if that needs to be said.

Yeah I probably overreacted, I just think Dalton is kinda overrated and his gimmick has worn out its welcome with me personally.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Give dalton big boys instead.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I like Castle but everyone pushing to see him be a main eventer in ROH makes no sense to me, the guy's an above-average worker but hardly anything exceptional. Consistently entertaining upper-midcarder is the right place for him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grozz Nuy posted:

I like Castle but everyone pushing to see him be a main eventer in ROH makes no sense to me, the guy's an above-average worker but hardly anything exceptional. Consistently entertaining upper-midcarder is the right place for him.

He's a good worker and has a pretty good gimmick who is placed well on the card, is super over live, and was pushed really hard for a bit and then has kind of been undercut in the booking miasma that is ROH

He basically gets booked to win a ton at live events and the smaller cards, but loses constantly on the bigger cards.

I'm trying to think of how many feuds on PPV he's managed to win at this point, and I'm coming up with Colt Cabana.

It feels like he has the potential and has never really gotten the shot to attempt it, and its especially frustrating in a company like ROH where the main event and upper midcard have been in disarray for most of the last 2 years. Lethal ran out of steam long before he dropped the title, and lost it to a guy he already beat. Cole's title reign wasn't really all that great either, probably because it was underscored by the KOR/Cole match being so obvious. O'Reilly didn't even get a title reign, and then Cole dropped it to a guy for a gold watch run which should have probably ended at WOTW, but eh.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 11, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

exploded mummy posted:

O'Reilly didn't even get a title reign

I have some surprising news for you, friend

Unless this was a commentary on how short and meaningless his run was, in which case, well played

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I have some surprising news for you, friend

Unless this was a commentary on how short and meaningless his run was, in which case, well played

How else do you want me to describe something that had him lose in his rematch and first title defense a few weeks later

I mean he won it, was in a 6 man tag, disappeared into a mystery vortex, and then lost the title at the Dome

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 12, 2017

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/rebellion-takes-search-and-destroy-best-world

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-stars-lethal-and-page-face-first-round-iwgp-us-title-tournament-0

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/kushida-defends-roh-tv-title-against-marty-scurll-best-world

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TL;DC (Too Long Didn't Click) summary:

Best in the World matches: KUSHIDA defends TV title vs Scurll, and Rebellion (Kenny King, Rhett Titus, Caprice Coleman, Shane Taylor) vs Search and Destroy (Shelley, Sabin, Gresham, Jay White) - Loser Team Must Disband
As was mentioned in the New Japan thread, Lethal/Hangman Page in round 1 of the IWGP US title tournament at G1 US Night 1

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Best in the World matches: KUSHIDA defends TV title vs Scurll, and Rebellion (Kenny King, Rhett Titus, Caprice Coleman, Shane Taylor) vs Search and Destroy (Shelley, Sabin, Gresham, Jay White) - Loser Team Must Disband
As was mentioned in the New Japan thread, Lethal/Hangman Page in round 1 of the IWGP US title tournament at G1 US Night 1

did we really need an 8 man tag on a show with 7 other matches, 4 of which are for titles

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

There is zero chance Search and Destroy wins that match, but maybe it'll result in White & Gresham vs MCMG.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

did we really need an 8 man tag on a show with 7 other matches, 4 of which are for titles

If the Rebellion had to disband it should be the main event.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

If Rebellion has to disband, it should end with Coleman, King, and Taylor kicking the poo poo out of Titus, forming a new team, and Titus disappearing forever.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

this is ROH, so it will probably never happen until half of them are out of the company

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Rebellion should win and then a reformed NO REMORSE CORPS does a run in and starts our next FACTION WARFARE feud

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Davros1 posted:

If Rebellion has to disband, it should end with Coleman, King, and Taylor kicking the poo poo out of Titus, forming a new team, and Titus disappearing forever.

Yes bring back the romantic touch

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i forgot Kushida had the TV Title and i just watched Dominion

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's been giving it a pretty good amount of focus so

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Better take some brain pills!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i forgot Kushida had the TV Title and i just watched Dominion

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Yes bring back the romantic touch

This is the correct opinion.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Roque what's good?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not your posts

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

rovert posted:

Roque what's good?

Kiss already!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Summerslam weekend

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/LProWrestling/status/877564531559497729

https://mobile.twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/877667299741679616
Translation: WWE are still banned from hiring ROH names.

Nothing new in the Observer this week either.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Shows your priorities when u post about your forum beef and not the incredible photoshopping on display in the Dijak tweet

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LProWrestling/status/877564531559497729

https://mobile.twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/877667299741679616
Translation: WWE are still banned from hiring ROH names.

Nothing new in the Observer this week either.

This is completely incorrect. Either Meltzer is (admirably) kayfabing or he is completely out of the loop.

I could own Roque11 pretty hard but I don't want to ruin things for some very deserving people. But the last two weeks have been really key.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Going to my first RoH show tomorrow gently caress yeah

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We need a scoops escrow where Rovert has a designated person he gives the scoop to when he can't go public with it and that person can later serve to confirm or deny that he was accurate.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

We need a scoops escrow where Rovert has a designated person he gives the scoop to when he can't go public with it and that person can later serve to confirm or deny that he was accurate.

I usually fill in the gaps once someone gets signed to be fair. Will here on this one trust me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

What's Todd Sinclair's current status with ROH?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cage Kicker posted:

Going to my first RoH show tomorrow gently caress yeah

Enjoy the Lowell Memorial Auditorium and get there early to get a spot in the church lot next door so you're less likely to get stabbed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh hey they have a PPV this week

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Oh hey they have a PPV this week

Gonna be their biggest non WM weekend crowd in history too.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Gonna be their biggest non WM weekend crowd in history too.
Ultimo Guerrero is a draw and should be in Dave's fake HOF.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dave said that for like 10 minutes the other day

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Ultimo Guerrero is a draw and should be in Dave's fake HOF.

Imagine if they booked Police Man.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine if they booked Police Man.

Frankly I'm surprised you haven't tried to book AwfulMania III with Big Daddy Yum Yum, Police Man, Kevin Nash, and Caristico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Frankly I'm surprised you haven't tried to book AwfulMania III with Big Daddy Yum Yum, Police Man, Kevin Nash, and Caristico

Briefly debated it years ago when I had my business with Scotsman but we abandoned it.

• Locked thread