Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
like if gene had just put the skullmund reference as the reason no one would have given a gently caress

just lmao

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Reported. Enjoy the ban you loving animal

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Christ alive

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

CharlestonJew posted:

imo the family refused an autopsy because those zany juche boys probably did a lot of sick poo poo to him in captivity and I don't think the family wanted a play-by-play of how much they hosed up their son before he died

what do you think they put in his butt

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dreddout posted:

They used him as a pot to age kimchi

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dreddout posted:

luckily his frat hazing ritual prepared him for butt horrors

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

What did I miss, he still dead?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 23, 2017

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I think we should honor his memory by calling naive interaction with severe consequence "an Otto Warmbier".

HOLY poo poo, what happened to Frank?
We were just riding bikes and there was a snake and he just walked right up to it and then it loving BIT HIM over and OVER he just warmbiered that loving snake WHAT THE gently caress ARE WE GONNA DO
Man I didn't see nothing *takes off on his bike*

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

What did I miss, he still dead?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Shall we close the thread?
It's the funeral today, not sure much else is going to happen. RIP Otto.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 23, 2017

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Wait we need to delve deeper into the ethics of the DPRK's butt probing

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
would he have poo poo himself the moment he actually died, or was his vegetative state sufficient to rob him of his bowel controls thus rendering him in a perpetual state of pantshittingness?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Zo posted:

would he have poo poo himself the moment he actually died, or was his vegetative state sufficient to rob him of his bowel controls thus rendering him in a perpetual state of pantshittingness?

If not, was he permanently constipated? Did the poo poo build up to a critical mass before evacuating?

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.
His autonomic and enteric nervous systems would have most probably worked fine up until the end
people in that state can poop themselves and even get a real boner

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

B. Birdsworth posted:

His autonomic and enteric nervous systems would have most probably worked fine up until the end
people in that state can poop themselves and even get a real boner

I wonder how long he was in that state for.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 23, 2017

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

He gone.

Otto la vista, baby

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Kim Jong Un thought he was acting Otto line.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
ottios

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I, for one, am otto here.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

somebody otto do something about nk

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I went to Portugal a few months back. It doesn't have the wow factor of an nk trip but I'm still alive. Portugal wins imo

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
calling it, he went into a coma because he was playing at otto-erotic asphyxiation

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I wouldn't ottomatically arrive to that conclusion.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I feel real bad for the family. This dude has been in a coma for over a year but they strung the family along with false hope because north Korea knew they couldnt pull this poo poo with obama

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
He's in a ditch! Sad!

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I guess this means he'll never be the head of the Otto-man Empire :smugdog:

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

I feel real bad for the family. This dude has been in a coma for over a year but they strung the family along with false hope because north Korea knew they couldnt pull this poo poo with obama

North Korea snubbed the Obama administration in favor of Trump, it's not exactly far-fetched

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

unpacked robinhood posted:

I went to Portugal a few months back. It doesn't have the wow factor of an nk trip but I'm still alive. Portugal wins imo

:dies in a forest fire:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

[genesplicer voice] good news, everyone! I've probated our most active photoshop contributer and I only had to dig through posts made a week ago to do it!

Yeah I usually don't comment on mod decisions, like drat near never (outside of saying that mods of some of the sub-forums are loving bat poo poo crazy), but this is just ridiculous. drat near "probably deserves it's own thread" ridiculous but I don't want to jump on that grenade

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

Yeah I usually don't comment on mod decisions, like drat near never (outside of saying that mods of some of the sub-forums are loving bat poo poo crazy), but this is just ridiculous. drat near "probably deserves it's own thread" ridiculous but I don't want to jump on that grenade

yes please dive on top of this grenade of grave injustice, that matters, and should be cared about a lot

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

The North Korean spokesman quoted by Reuters suggested the student had returned to the US "in his normal state of health".

"The fact that Warmbier died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the US in his normal state of health indicators is a mystery to us as well," he said.

:iiam:

quote:

Accusations that the student died because of torture and beating during his captivity were "groundless", he added.

A North Korean spokesman quoted by AFP news agency accused the US of mounting a "smear campaign".

"Our relevant agencies treat all criminals... thoroughly in accordance with domestic laws and international standards and Warmbier was not an exception," a spokesman for the National Reconciliation Council said.

"Those who have absolutely no idea about how well we treated Warmbier under humanitarian conditions dare to utter 'mistreatment' and 'torture'.

otto warmbier was treated like all other north korean criminals, he said reassuringly

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

quote:

"Our relevant agencies treat all criminals... thoroughly"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

:iiam:

otto warmbier was treated like all other north korean criminals, he said reassuringly

"He was in a coma when we got him, ok guys?"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

What you think Obama didn't know he was outto order?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pull WHAT poo poo? Oh nooo surely "don't cross the red line OR ELSE" Obama would sack up and do something about this grave Un-justice :rolleyes:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
So the consensus seems to be that this guy was either accidentally waterboarded to death or, more likely, hung himself

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
wouldnt hanging have dealt lasting internal trauma that an mri would pick up?

quote:

The real question would be what the doctors believe to be the cause of said cardiopulmonary arrest. They said there was no evidence of trauma, including scars or fractures, which would be evident in imaging tests even after they’ve healed. Even in the hands of forensic pathologists, the exact etiology may never be known with certainty. Though no obvious explanation involves humane treatment and attentive medical care. Even if the 22-year-old simply suffered a (very rare) cardiac arrest of some organic cause, brain injury this severe would mean that he was not resuscitated for a prolonged period.

The explanation that came from North Korea was that the cause was a combination of botulism and ingesting “sleeping pills.” The food-born botulism toxin would not directly account for the damage to the brain. Rather, it paralyzes the muscles of the body, and that can involve the thorax to such a degree that it will stop a person’s breathing. This is a common cause of death in people with untreated botulism. The Ohio doctors said yesterday there was “no evidence” the young man had botulism—though if this happened a year ago, the toxin would be gone from his body and no evidence may remain.

Overdosing on a sedative or opiate could also suppress a person’s breathing to the point that brain tissue dies. The combination of explanations is not implausible.

But neither is it exculpatory. Botulism is treatable; an antidote to the toxin can be administered. Even in the absence of that antidote, cardiac resuscitation and ventilatory support can supply blood to the brain of an acutely paralyzed person.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/06/could-botulism-cause-severe-brain-injury/530586/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toadvine posted:

wouldnt hanging have dealt lasting internal trauma that an mri would pick up?

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/06/could-botulism-cause-severe-brain-injury/530586/

Not if it's a self-inflicted "hanging" with your shoelaces or whatever, which would be more like a slow strangulation, especially if he botched it.

It would create lasting brain damage due to hypoxia, which is what they saw

Botulism could also do it

• Locked thread