Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is trying to figure out why they keep making lovely movies that print money a hard concept or

Is America the only country that doesn't celebrate summer solstice

Fremont, a burrough of Seattle, celebrates it with a parade of floats and people riding bicycles naked

No it's not a sexy as it sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Buca di Bepis posted:

i looked up clipless pedals and it appears to be a system by which a shoe clips into a pedal

who do i start writing letters to to correct this

These are clips:

But apparently you "clip in" with clipless pedals. gently caress it. It's 2017. Nothing has to make sense anymore.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Niiiiiiiiiice :thumbsup:

So, FYI. You are going to fall. And it's going to in front of an attractive woman. And she will laugh quietly to herself. Probably just once, but it happens to everyone.

I accepted my fate when I was stuck in traffic and got off the highway to impulse buy these

edit:

gently caress, now I just want to ride and play with my new toys but I spent the afternoon putting these on / fixing my cousin's laptop and now it's dark and St. Louis County drivers are complete assholes around bikes

FIDEL CASHFLOW fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 22, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just learned how to play pokemon with my 7 year old boy and beat the poo poo out of him twice. Now he's crying like a little bitch and never wants to play again.

Not sure if I should feel happy or sad.

Thanks Gothorita and Gothita!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You. You're doing parenting right. Gotta break the interest early to prevent full blown wiffu dollfucking in 10-20 years.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

You. You're doing parenting right. Gotta break the interest early to prevent full blown wiffu dollfucking in 10-20 years.

I wish I could get him more interested in fishing but it really annoys me that all he wants to do is hit our catch with sticks while they are flopping around suffering. He has no attention yet for actually waiting around and catching stuff.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

I wish I could get him more interested in fishing but it really annoys me that all he wants to do is hit our catch with sticks while they are flopping around suffering. He has no attention yet for actually waiting around and catching stuff.

My kids think they like fishing, but they forget how to cast between trips out. I don't think it really takes until they are like 10 or so.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bengy81 posted:

My kids think they like fishing, but they forget how to cast between trips out. I don't think it really takes until they are like 10 or so.

I was fishing hardcore from age 5 but I think I have fishing-triggered autism. Wont drink, forget to eat, just fiiiiiiiiiiiiiish.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Get or make them a practice casting weight thingy so they can do it in the backyard.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Naked Bear posted:

Get or make them a practice casting weight thingy so they can do it in the backyard.

Ziptie off the corner of an old sock with the proper amount of weight in sand (in a plastic bag rolled up a few times for casting.

That dent on my wifes car? No idea how that happened.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
This morning I finished being standby counsel for a halfhearted sovereign citizen who was representing himself. It's like being made to be a babysitter for a toddler who's been given a straight razor to play with, except you're only allowed to tell the toddler how to use a strop.
This afternoon I loaded 1200 pounds of dead horse onto a trailer by hand. She died yesterday evening and both days have been in the 90s. It's like doing a reaction course in an abbatior.
This evening the tow vehicle blew a brake line. Don't tell AI that I used a compression fitting splice to get it back on the road.
Now, White Russians.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

joat mon posted:

This morning I finished being standby counsel for a halfhearted sovereign citizen who was representing himself. It's like being made to be a babysitter for a toddler who's been given a straight razor to play with, except you're only allowed to tell the toddler how to use a strop.
This afternoon I loaded 1200 pounds of dead horse onto a trailer by hand. She died yesterday evening and both days have been in the 90s. It's like doing a reaction course in an abbatior.
This evening the tow vehicle blew a brake line. Don't tell AI that I used a compression fitting splice to get it back on the road.
Now, White Russians.

Jeeeez

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i thought it was a variation on the palm slam thing at first

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've been away from home for two weeks, I like kinda dread seeing what my yard looks like when I get back tomorrow

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

A friend of mine showed this to me and my inner gear queer is getting a massive boner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6npd2WbJTw

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The doctor said my blood pressure is good, but Google says it's low. Wtf. 126/57

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

The doctor said my blood pressure is good, but Google says it's low. Wtf. 126/57

Google is not a doctor.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

But the internet doesn't lie.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

120/80 is textbook

you're good

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Do children these days no longer get beaten by their elders if they are unable to sit still and be quiet? I'm working with a 20 year old on this bid, and he cannot go 5 minutes without singing along with radio advertisements, drumming on the steering wheel, randomly unscrewing the first thing in reach, idly clicking his tongue, etc.

And he puts his feet on the dash, which is never OK, but is especially not OK when he is blocking my view of the passenger side wing mirror in rush hour traffic.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
HE JUST CHANGED THE RADIO STATION AWAY FROM ARETHA FRANKLIN TO JUSTIN BIEBER.

AND LEFT IT THERE.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I had an EMT friend tell me about a crash scene he went to where the guy had his foot on the dash. He could scratch his nose with his tibia if he wanted.

Also boo this man for posting while driving

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm in the right seat. He's driving right now. And singing along to Twentyone Pilots. Who are ear cancer.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Maybe if there was a way for Dead Reckoning to communicate with this wayward 20 year old, but alas Dead Reckoning can only communicate via electronic devices and using your meat mouth flaps is for weaklings.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Those drat millennials and their fidget spinners!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone have much experience with 4k blu-rays? How drastic is the difference? Should I get John Wick 2 in 4k or just regular blu-ray. I think it's $5 more 🤔

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Anyone have much experience with 4k blu-rays? How drastic is the difference? Should I get John Wick 2 in 4k or just regular blu-ray. I think it's $5 more 🤔

If you've got a 4k TV with HDR, yeah, it's worth the extra $5.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

Maybe if there was a way for Dead Reckoning to communicate with this wayward 20 year old, but alas Dead Reckoning can only communicate via electronic devices and using your meat mouth flaps is for weaklings.

There is no way to tell someone in the private sector "your everything is unprofessional and needs to stop" that doesn't cause hurt feelings and drama.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Tonight I found myself wishing we'd go to war with North Korea because it'd be nice to have a war going on and not be a part of it. Am I loving sick or what? Should I go back to the VA?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Nah, that sounds about right.

Really, though, I would love to see Pyongyang wiped off the map. gently caress that asshat, his asshat dad, and his asshat dad's asshat dad. Oh, and their cronies, too.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Not gonna lie, all this Qatar business has made me unreasonably happy that I'm not at the Deid and never have to go back.

If the balloon goes up on the Korean Peninsula, I'm gonna be chuckling every 15 min as I think about USFK.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I finally understand who the target demographic is with vacuum commercials.

It's me. I watched every second of it saying "I want that..."

e: yeah i sound like a housewife but i don't have a lawn to mow so this is my john deere :mad:

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jun 23, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

apparently banging a divorced mom on a cruise ship turns you into one

who knew

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

redneck nazgul posted:

apparently banging a divorced mom on a cruise ship turns you into one

who knew

look buddy

she wasn't divorced

she was separated and they are trying to make it work now.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TBeats posted:

look buddy

she wasn't divorced

It's been a goddamn riot watching you grow from old cole to new cole. I like it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

TBeats posted:

look buddy

she wasn't divorced

Lol that kid is gonna see his parents together and won't be able to stop seeing you bangin his mom.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Mom chat 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zeris posted:

Mom chat 2017

HELL YEAH

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Toughest job on the planet

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Mrs. Colonel: You forget how to salute the wife of the CO, soldier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mom Chat topics: cutting wine with orange juice, getting into an mlm scan, starting a 96 month lease on an Audi so that oval office Susan sees that we're richer

• Locked thread