Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/THR/status/877894309973860352

And according to the Wrap Phil Lord and Chris Miller met with DC during Han Solo Hiatus

quote:

Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller met with DC Films during the production hiatus of the Star Wars “Han Solo” spinoff, insiders exclusively told TheWrap.

The duo met about the possibility of directing “The Flash” after Rick Famuyiwa left the project over creative differences last year, according to multiple individuals familiar with the project. It was unclear whether they were already considering an exit from the “Han Solo” project.

http://www.thewrap.com/phil-lord-and-chris-miller-met-with-dc-about-the-flash-during-han-solo-hiatus-exclusive/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Please God yes

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I thought the next Jump Street may have been an MIB crossover

Jump Street/XMen sounds awesome as them infiltrating a school of mutants. I think Singers cast would be up for it. Especially if Tatum calls himself Gambit and constantly is pushing to find a way into Rogues pants but plays it like he did in 1 and 2 as a bro

Gatts fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 22, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Also Ron Howard is okay for Han Solo but Nevaldyne and Taylor for Star Wars or Flash may be more high octane replacements for Miller and Lord

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Fat Gambit can't stop eating gumbo and king cakes.

And the endless daquiris.

Poor Gambit, let the good times roll too long.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sir before we bring out another Sazerac we're gonna have to ask for some proof that you have the ability to pay.

I gon charge it, Mon Petit

*Throws charged up glass in waitress' face, it explodes, killing her*

Mon dieux! Yo soy llamo Mystique Mon Cheri! Yo no soy Gambit! Esta en disguisemente!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gatts posted:

I thought the next Jump Street may have been an MIB crossover

That project died, thank God.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Timby posted:

That project died, thank God.

What is it like to live without joy in your life?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barudak posted:

And the endless daquiris.

Poor Gambit, let the good times roll too long.

Hambit

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Go make a Star War

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Late to the party, but I mostly enjoyed WONDER WOMAN. I think that Gadot sells the character's earnestness, which can be tough to do, and she works great with Pine. But I came out of it feeling like it sort of borrowed a little too much from CAPTAIN AMERICA. Well actually that isn't fair, I don't think they did, but it's just how formulaic these things are that sometimes it feels like there's a template ready in Final Draft.

Also lol at Sony not learning anything at all from their last disaster with Spider-Man and announcing spinoff movies immediately before the first one has even come out.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm betting that a surprisingly large amount of people believe that Wonder Woman takes place during World War 2.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DrVenkman posted:

Also lol at Sony not learning anything at all from their last disaster with Spider-Man and announcing spinoff movies immediately before the first one has even come out.

From what I've read, it's pretty widely believed that they're going to lose the Bond rights, so I imagine they're desperate to turn anything into a franchise so it can be endlessly exploited.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What is it like to live without joy in your life?

It's a lot like watching the MiB sequels.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Timby posted:

From what I've read, it's pretty widely believed that they're going to lose the Bond rights, so I imagine they're desperate to turn anything into a franchise so it can be endlessly exploited.

Curious, but why? Mismanagement? Too long to develop new films?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

I have no idea but my shot in the dark guess is some bullshit involving the Broccoli family.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Barudak posted:

Sony's deal to co-produce and distribute the Bond films expired after Spectre and pretty much every other studio is champing at the bit to get them. Sony's still hemorrhaging money so they most likely don't have the ability to out-bid some of the other heavy hitters.

But the whole thing's a clusterfuck anyway because MGM and Eon are only looking for a one-movie deal (because MGM is still considering putting itself up for sale).

Timby fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 22, 2017

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Alhazred posted:

It's a lot like watching the MiB sequels.

Third one was solid, honestly.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Timby posted:

Sony's deal to distribute the Bond films expired after Spectre and pretty much every other studio is champing at the bit to get them. Sony's still hemorrhaging money so they most likely don't have the ability to out-bid some of the other heavy hitters.

Come on Wanda Group and then having his iconic consumer good be the only product actually named after him, Jissbon condoms.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was really good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This is the correct opinion. Josh Brolin and Jemaine Clement stole the movie from Will Smith, therefore making it good.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

It was a lot better than the absolute mess that was the second movie, but it still made very little sense, and if Tommy Lee Jones was just going to sleepwalk through his like four minutes of screentime, I'd just rather he didn't show up at all.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

It was really good.

It was really hard to get through. It was just so obvious that no one really gave a poo poo and was just going through the motions.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The ending is too well done for that to be the case. It's so sweet, oddly so for the series.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Didn't they start filming MIB3 before they finished writing the script? I feel like I remember reading that.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alhazred posted:

It was really hard to get through. It was just so obvious that no one really gave a poo poo and was just going through the motions.

I really don't get that, I don't understand how you'd come away with that impression. Everyone, at least in the main cast(Tommy Lee Jones is barely in it), felt to me like they were really having a blast and giving it their all. I mean, lets talk about Brolin specifically, you really thought his performance was of someone who doesn't give a poo poo?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Chairman Capone posted:

Didn't they start filming MIB3 before they finished writing the script? I feel like I remember reading that.

They had the first act written, but nothing else, and they began shooting in November of 2010, I believe. That first month was an unmitigated disaster, with Jones walking off the set on multiple occasions, Smith and Sonnenfeld getting into multiple arguments -- it was the definition of a toxic environment. So production shut down from December until the middle of April so they could rewrite most of the movie, and then they were in a rush to get it done (Stuhlbarg's Griffin character wasn't even cast until there was only a month of shooting left), with Etan Cohen sticking around the set performing daily touch-ups and rewrite on scenes before they were shot. It was a runaway train of a production. Bit of a miracle that it turned out as passably as it did.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Codependent Poster posted:

Fat Gambit can't stop eating gumbo and king cakes.

Ain't no crab boil better than the Thieves Guild crab boil, chere. Candra always bring the best beignets.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
MiB3 is one of the most unpleasant film I've ever seen.
Ya'll got problems.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Bedshaped posted:

That would be amazing but unfortunately he still has to be Gambit at some point.

Easy, he just runs out of shot each time, and then runs back on as the other character, visibly breathing hard. He does this every time they cut from one character to the other. Everyone stands completely still while he is off camera.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hill needs to stay super jacked and Tatum needs to put on 70 pounds and get chubby for the 23 Jump Street

Best idea I've heard in a while.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm betting that a surprisingly large amount of people believe that Wonder Woman takes place during World War 2.

Yeah, me too. For someone who doesn't know much about the two World Wars, "the war to end all wars" probably logically sounds like the second and last one. The movie also treats the Germans as the bad guys. And so unless you understand when biplanes were used or recognizing the fashions I don't remember anything overt that makes it clear it's WW1, right?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I too think films should cater more to people with literally no cultural or historical knowledge. Like, none.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The War to End All Wars was only said about World War I.

Also, I assume, every scene in the "real" world would make that clear.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Snowman_McK posted:

I too think films should cater more to people with literally no cultural or historical knowledge. Like, none.

Never said the movie had to cater to anyone so you're all alone on that one. Wondering about the information, clues, and context the film provides is not the same as criticizing it for not having more.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lobok posted:

Never said the movie had to cater to anyone so you're all alone on that one. Wondering about the information, clues, and context the film provides is not the same as criticizing it for not having more.

Lobok posted:

And so unless you understand when biplanes were used or recognizing the fashions I don't remember anything overt that makes it clear it's WW1, right?

The weapons, uniforms, trenches, the phrase 'no man's land' the lack of any tanks and the complete absence of the nazis or any mention of them. The year is stated at one point.

Again, you would have to have a complete lack of any historical knowledge to mistake it for WW2. Even if you only know WW2 as 'the one with nazis' you know enough.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My mother thought for years that Hitler fought alongside the allies during WW1 and she was aware that this film was WW1 so Im really not sure what your point is Lobok. Should a character should have paused and looked at the camera and used a term for the war that would have had literally no frame of reference for? Do you want a title card to pop up? Maybe a snapcode to scan?

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
A Themysciran oracle should chime in at some point "No, this is but the first world war. There will be a second. The one with Hitler."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shanty posted:

A Themysciran oracle should chime in at some point "No, this is but the first world war. There will be a second. The one with Hitler."

" Who is Hitler? "

"An evil man you will recognise by his moustache."

"You mean he's really Ares?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i almost want a sequel set in ww2 where doctor poison is working in the camps and wonder woman turns up and is like "oh for gently caress's sake" and that's what really made her lose hope in humanity

• Locked thread