Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Countblanc posted:

back in WoW i remember some people would work out during long dps queues and eventually got Hella Strong just from doing pushups/situps/weights between queues. perhaps its time for ol count to get swole

Each quest/fate complete: 10 pushups or situps or 1 minute planking.
Each A rank hunt: 10 pushups or situps or 1 minute planking.
Each S rank hunt: 20 pushups or situps or 2 minutes planking.
Every 5 minutes in queue: 20 pushups or situps or 2 minutes planking.
Each achievement: 20 pushups or situps or 2 minutes planking.

Adjust numbers as needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I'm gonna get really powerful

Strong Bee

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Farg posted:

the state of WAR is a kid wanting to do nothing but eat candy and then having his wish come true, but then getting a bad stomach ache

this got overlooked but it's an excellent post

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I just got shittalked for the first time since I've been healing in this game.

I queued for the 2 ex dungeons, got fist, and apparently pulling as much as humanly possible when both the tank and the healer are in entry level 70 gear is a grand idea. Eventually in one of the pulls tank died and this happened:

https://udba.org/ff30/ffxiv_23062017_061342.jpg

Later on he also said he'd reported me for my raise macro :laugh:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i would gladly trade my eight fell cleaves or whatever for a job that isn't awful. somehow despite giving us the ability to artificially inflate our dps for twenty seconds every three minutes I'd rather just have a job where my ability to not do piddly tickle damage didn't rely on lining up like four disparate cooldowns that don't necessarily overlap or refresh at awkward timings

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Truga posted:

I just got shittalked for the first time since I've been healing in this game.

I queued for the 2 ex dungeons, got fist, and apparently pulling as much as humanly possible when both the tank and the healer are in entry level 70 gear is a grand idea. Eventually in one of the pulls tank died and this happened:

https://udba.org/ff30/ffxiv_23062017_061342.jpg

Later on he also said he'd reported me for my raise macro :laugh:

Oh man, better be careful what you say to him, he has Mana Shift! You'll never get by without it!

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Mr. Leonheart posted:

Oh man, better be careful what you say to him, he has Mana Shift! You'll never get by without it!

I thought it was the fourth person just trying to be helpful! Mana Shift is awesome when used by other players on me.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I finally got a chance to sit down and play tonight. Went from 56 to 58.5 in one session. PotD is the own zone. Way more enjoyable than FATE grinding.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Shy posted:

I thought it was the fourth person just trying to be helpful! Mana Shift is awesome when used by other players on me.

Seems I misread! I'm dumb and it's late :downs:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Shy posted:

Yeah the 4th person was a well adjusted person, I got their comm in the end :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OK so paladin is stupidly overpowered right now. My similarly geared, similarly skilled warrior co-tank only does about 3/4 of my dps on Susan EX, and I even spend more time in tank stance than him. It's like bizarro world after HW. Hopefully this gets adjusted before Savage starts.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

OK so paladin is stupidly overpowered right now. My similarly geared, similarly skilled warrior co-tank only does about 3/4 of my dps on Susan EX, and I even spend more time in tank stance than him. It's like bizarro world after HW. Hopefully this gets adjusted before Savage starts.

*nods sagely*

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

abraham linksys posted:

I am on attempt #11, after 3 different groups, of the final story instance. We bailed on the last one because I had two items break and my DPS was even worse than usual, and now we are all repairing our poo poo and getting our AF3 gear before regrouping :v:

It's a very good fight but holy gently caress. So lucky I found a healer to queue with, otherwise I would have just quit playing until enough people had done that fight that I could get guaranteed carried instead of all these wipes

It is a good fight but it also kind of highlights the skill level of the average DF rando. I'm looking forward to the inevitable Ex version.

As for DPS queue times, they are super bad right now in part because Raubahn Savage gated a hell of a lot of people for several days during early access and now everybody + infinity SAM and RDMs are hitting the endgame at the same time. It'll settle out eventually, but it will take a while.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fister Roboto posted:

WAR and DRK sucking doesn't make PLD overpowered.

I look forward to your buffs.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lmao yeah bro a tank that's literally also a healer that's also a dps thats so loving easy you could play it by farting on your keyboard is in no way overpowered

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

This is a criticism not unique to DRK and WAR, but they were too timid to rock the boat when they should have been rejiggering some skills to become available to the player much sooner, rather than sticking them all at the end. And some of the decisions are just bad.

I still think PLD needs Sheltron <15, <30 at the latest.
MCH needs Cooldown at the same time as Gauss Barrel, not ten levels later.
Onslaught should either cost nothing and be a straight cooldown, or generate 20 wrath on use.
AST making cards into a gauge instead of card buffs means I have to allocate an extra skill to dump cards instead of just right-clicking them off. I also can't see what the other AST has pulled anymore so I can know whether or not its safe to blow my load and not get overwritted.

I can't comment on how tanks feel to play, but my "hot take" is:

war and drk need a damage numbers buff

whm still doesn't provide any raid damage utility, but it's still the best 4 man healer, except even better. I don't know why they don't just give whm some aoe haste buff and call it a day.

sch finally ate some of the nerfs it deserved. the bane nerf was unjustified; who gives a poo poo about aoe damage except for making 4 mans go faster. sch's aoe damage is so dog poo poo now, it does like actually half of what my whm does in exdr. it's pathetic. it has 70 potency of dots that get capped to 20% of their damage. whm has a 40 potency dot that applies to everything with no cap. huh??????

sch is still really good and giving them a raid damage buff that you can stack with balance is lol. I think people have already done both the new extremes with solo scholar healing, they're still that powerful and good.

ast's new abilites are cool but you're right on the gauge thing. really, I think that extends to quite a few of the new gauges, ast card visiblity aside; I'd really prefer to be looking at convenient buffs on my status bar vs gigantic mondo blinking bars that I have to hide off to the side of my already crowded screen.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

A Spider Covets posted:

I'm gonna get really powerful

Strong Bee

Strong Bee...You know...from nature?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

The naadam trial is really annoying

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://puu.sh/ws17R/30fcf9c38c.jpg

some funny stuff for people who have finished the MSQ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Carmant posted:

The naadam trial is really annoying

Really? It's one of my favorite I've done. I was even hoping when the next expansion drops they'll have a side quest to run the next naadam.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SL the Pyro posted:

https://puu.sh/ws17R/30fcf9c38c.jpg

some funny stuff for people who have finished the MSQ

poo poo, I just realized where the login screen comes from now

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Item needed to damage a boss fate sold on the market board for 40m. Gonna pay for my small FC's mansion in Kugane almost entirely off one item.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Harrow posted:

FFXIV is a Final Fantasy fanservice festival, really. As far as I'm aware they didn't go to that well too often in FFXI, but I really enjoy it in XIV.

Every FFIX fan must have cracked up when they saw Ozma.

Except that he was easy rather than a shitwrecker

Aphrodite posted:

But they still won't give us Doomtrain.

Phantom train was in one of the very first l50 msq missions.

hobbesmaster posted:

It should work for party members, then I could finally get the datacron sightseeing log entry on the top of the Kugane tower.

Isnt there that BLM skill that allows you to teleport? I thought that one works out of battle

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes please! It'll also get you some items to help you level up a bit faster.

Can you PM me your email address?

I think there's still a thread for posting recruiting codes in PGS, just FYI for both of you

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Cythereal posted:

I'm leveling a conjurer as my first character planning to go white mage because I like healing and don't like queues.

I assume this Satsasha is the first dungeon, because I went through an optional series of Dungeons 101 training scenarios first. Good gear and xp for trivial challenges like "don't stand in poo poo." The instructor even bitched at me for attacking the enemy instead of just healing.

...Actually, WoW could do with completing those training scenarios without ever getting hit by the ground effects being mandatory before being allowed to raid.

Didn't see it mentioned but, those training classes are for each archtype as well. So you can do them again for a tank and melee DPS set thats equally good.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I haven't tried the new pvp yet but you guys almost make it sound like any time Child's week is going on in WoW and the people that don't PVP go do PVP just for the achievement of taking an orphan into a war zone with you.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Zerilan posted:

Item needed to damage a boss fate sold on the market board for 40m. Gonna pay for my small FC's mansion in Kugane almost entirely off one item.

Was zur Hölle?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Zerilan posted:

You on Adamantoise? Because we gathered around Ixion and everyone was flipping their poo poo that the one on the market board got bought for 40m then the person came and we did the fate.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The final boss of the MSQ sure is a trial, alright :catstare: I think I have the mechanics down, but I don't think I can say the same for the rest of my duty finder group, who timed the instance out after multiple runs getting to ~33%. I'm going to dread that thing coming up in trials roulette.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Will kugane have different house prices?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Xun posted:

Will kugane have different house prices?

Ward selection window shows prices, take a look.

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

Frontlines is great and I posted an exp chart for it yesterday (check my most recent post history in this thread). Feast or whatever it's called is good if you have a coordinated group to rapidly throw games, though I don't know the exact exp values per game.

Dungeon grinding is also good if you're a tank/healer/have people that are those roles and can cart your rear end around.

My strategy is to just pvp on a class/role I enjoy and then kill myself when a team hits 1400ish and switch to the one I want exp on. This makes it much more pleasant to do.

I know that this is from a few pages back, but this info is a godsend. Thank you for making PVP so much more bearable.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Some advice for people who are still working on getting a character to level 30 on a "preferred" server for the purposes of getting 15 days free. (Roll on omega, give the gil to eurogoons!)

Level a gatherer.

That's right, level a gatherer. It'll only take a two or three hours instead of a couple days. Fishing will probably be the least-bad, what with being able to just stand still and fish.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Isnt there that BLM skill that allows you to teleport? I thought that one works out of battle

You can AM out of battle but I don't think it lets you go up ledges or anything so it's not useful for parkour.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

vOv posted:

You can AM out of battle but I don't think it lets you go up ledges or anything so it's not useful for parkour.

Same with the Ninja Shukuchi, its great for popping around but it specifically doesn't let you hop up ledges so you can't sneak into places you shouldn't :(

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You on Adamantoise? Because we gathered around Ixion and everyone was flipping their poo poo that the one on the market board got bought for 40m then the person came and we did the fate.

Yeah, an FC mate threw it up there for that amount earlier in the day just to see what it would go for since it didn't have a sale history yet. When the fate popped we were kind of debating whether he should grab it from the retainer or just see if someone would actually pay for it if we waited it out a few minutes.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

nuru posted:

I'm having trouble putting my finger on why SCH feels so bad, but I think it's that I have very little to do and the only good parts of my kit all require aetherflow. Bane still requiring aetherflow despite losing miasma 2, blizzard, and a good shadow flare feels absurd.

Super late to this post, but I think that it's because, faced with many different ways to tone down SCH performance, the dev team elected to go with the option: "every single one of them at once".

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

TheRagamuffin posted:

Super late to this post, but I think that it's because, faced with many different ways to tone down SCH performance, the dev team elected to go with the option: "every single one of them at once".

Ah yes, the DICE method

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
I've been playing AST since their release and I honestly don't know if this is a thing affecting all healers or not. Whenever I do synced content I literally can't heal speedruns anymore, the numbers are barely enough. Can't do even a bit of DPS either. The regen seems way weaker and AB has a real high mana cost. I keep drawing Ewers for myself because Lucid Dreaming isn't enough.

Stormblood is cool but I super dislike healing in it and I can't even put my finger on what's wrong.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I squeaked into Excalibur at 4:53 AM, just as planned :v:

I'll furnish my goon papers for an FC this evening when I get home from work. I am looking forward to being another stupid DPS class to weigh you all down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Now that I've been playing for a week I can safely say:

oh my god bard is so good I'm crying