Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

poo poo, if it's that bad I might cancel my preorder for the books. How are you guys finding this stuff out?

I'm probably the most vocal complainer here and I don't really feel bad about ordering the Chaos and Astra Militarum indexes from them. They've done a lot of cool things with other units we haven't mentioned and there are plenty of things that are now worth taking that weren't before.

Personally it's just extremely frustrating to go through this process with them *every single time* they release a new book. Just a pile of obvious errors that could have easily been fixed had they bothered to hand it over to someone with a fresh eye. Any random person with a solid knowledge of the rules could have easily gone through and fixed all this in an afternoon but they just don't care enough themselves. And then either no errata or a woefully inadequate one that comes out much, much later than it should have.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Goons posted:

gently caress FW.

Sssh! Do you want Carl? This is how you get Carls.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Also pretty much guaranteed then that any models not in the books are getting removed from the webstore.

Guess I should finally get round to getting those Tau sensors and turrets.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man don't blame this on rush; even books they take years to release have garbage editing

I have a feeling that the FW books weren't included on the 8th playtesting track. FW was likely left to pull rules out of their collective rear end.

spacegoat posted:

Sssh! Do you want Carl? This is how you get Carls.
God forbid someone who enjoys their hobby speaks up.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Are there any rules for the old Kroot FW units in the index? Asking for a friend.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Soulfucker posted:

Are there any rules for the old Kroot FW units in the index? Asking for a friend.

No. Only current models (meaning, only Tau battlesuits, for the most part.)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

berzerkmonkey posted:

No. Only current models

Except the ones they forgot :)

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

berzerkmonkey posted:

No. Only current models (meaning, only Tau battlesuits, for the most part.)

what the gently caress

Seriously this is dumb, all Gnarlocs are fantastic models, my roommate has a bunch of them:

What am I supposed to tell him, that he didn't buy enough of them for FW to justify throwing in some rules?

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
The FW ork options look pretty boring at the moment. Kustom Stompa is pretty underwhelming, the belly gun being the only option that looks decent. It basically feels like a expensive downgrade over the vanilla stompa, and of course all of the old non-FW model options are gone.I was keen to order 2 sets of the Klaws to make a Goff Klawstompa, But all you get now is 4 extra attacks for the combo. To add insult to injury the rather point inefficient eye of Mork is mandatory. I'm not impressed with the squiggoth either. Everything else just looks meh and I'm not going to make any FW orders in the near future.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I'm still not sure how to live in a world where the massive Tyranid monsters are Not Terrible.

Also still think that Malanthrope thing is a huge mistake.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

I'm still not sure how to live in a world where the massive Tyranid monsters are Not Terrible.

Also still think that Malanthrope thing is a huge mistake.

The Hierodules seem okayish, the Hierophant is massively overcosted.

Harridan is pretty solid?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Could I get the rules for the wraithseer?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Zark the Damned posted:

Except the ones they forgot :)

Well, yeah. The best part will be the people who go to the Mega Dread page and see this image:

Oops.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Can we do that? Wouldn't it be :filez:?

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 23, 2017

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TKIY posted:

The Hierodules seem okayish, the Hierophant is massively overcosted.

All the Titans went up a lot in cost too, and the Heirophant is well in line with those. It costs about 20% more than a Warhound, is tougher and isn't likely to be insta-blapped off the table by one on the first turn anymore*. Conversely, it's now doing a dozen S20 BS3+ shots that inflict 4-24 damage each on Titan targets. Hierophants can now kill Warhounds on turn 1, which is pretty amazing.

*especially with 90pt Malanthropes lolololol

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Yeah these books are badly written disappointments that are not worth it imo

I think maybe a Runtherds Squig can eat up to 3 Grot tanks a turn when they fail morale? So that's a funny image.

Chinork koptas can't transport mega armor and aren't open topped so you cant shoot out of it either :(

At least the Lifta droppa wagon seems alright? Even though it can't throw anything around. 204pts for d6 auto hits. Each hit then rolls 2d6 against the targets strength to do a mortal wound. I'm probably overvaluing auto hits for Orks though.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I was ranting against the malanthrope before, but at 90 points... Yeah sign me up.

Little disappointed in heirodules, in particular their close combat. Wish they had gargantuan scything talons that did a flat 6 damage to put them on par with things like knights, or something like that. Still, gonna give em a shot. That flamer is brutal.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

NORTH-HALL posted:

Yeah these books are badly written disappointments that are not worth it imo

Yeah the Chaos one is good but these are terrible

Also lol that there is an entire thread/playerbase that wants Forgeworld to write a new release/update of the 7th edition rules. Good luck with that, fellas

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah the Chaos one is good but these are terrible

Also lol that there is an entire thread/playerbase that wants Forgeworld to write a new release/update of the 7th edition rules. Good luck with that, fellas

I get their arguments why, I just think FW dropped the bomb by deciding to go all in 7.5. 8th could have fixed a lot of problems Heresy has now, was it so much to ask that not every Heresy army has to be a Sniper Vets/Pride of the Legion/Quad Mortar snoozefest?

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Have a cross post:

That deff dread is a conversion from the original metal model. I bought 2 of the shits off ebay and have converted them to be a similar size to the new plastic model.

Just saw the following email from Forgeworld posted on the Waaagh forum as a response to a query about the lack of a Mega-dread entry.

"Hi Greg,

Thanks for the email, we are still waiting to hear back from our design team regarding this as looking at the announced data sheet on the community forum for the Meka dread now covers the Mgea and Meka dread designs, the rules and special rules lead us to believe that these are now the same model that have a special rule to theme them to a kustom meka or the heavy hitting mage dread and a renamed kill kannon into the rattling kannon.

Again we are not 100% sure if this is accurate it is just out thoughts till the rules team let us know if this is the case or if the data sheet was accidentally left out."

They may have forgotten to include the rules or there may be no rules. Pure comedy.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I wonder how long they'll take to fix the Tigershark so it can actually fire the railgun.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Big boys.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Raphus C posted:

Have a cross post:

That deff dread is a conversion from the original metal model. I bought 2 of the shits off ebay and have converted them to be a similar size to the new plastic model.

Just saw the following email from Forgeworld posted on the Waaagh forum as a response to a query about the lack of a Mega-dread entry.

"Hi Greg,

Thanks for the email, we are still waiting to hear back from our design team regarding this as looking at the announced data sheet on the community forum for the Meka dread now covers the Mgea and Meka dread designs, the rules and special rules lead us to believe that these are now the same model that have a special rule to theme them to a kustom meka or the heavy hitting mage dread and a renamed kill kannon into the rattling kannon.

Again we are not 100% sure if this is accurate it is just out thoughts till the rules team let us know if this is the case or if the data sheet was accidentally left out."

They may have forgotten to include the rules or there may be no rules. Pure comedy.

Looks really nice but may I make a suggestion of some ink and highlights on your red?
The ork flesh is really nice.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

God drat it I want one (or 3) so bad.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Welp that awesome army list builder got a C/D

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Geoff Zahn posted:

Really? poo poo...

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

I wonder how long they'll take to fix the Tigershark so it can actually fire the railgun.

Man these forgeworld books are pretty bad.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

TKIY posted:

BALLSCRATCH NUGNUGGINS
M 12" degrading, 3+ degrading, 3+ degrading, S8, T8, 24W, 4A, LD 9, 3+, 5++
Inferno Lance - 24" Heavy d6, S8, -4 AP, D d6, melta rule
Deep strikes, can return to reserves if no enemy within 1", can fall back and still shoot or charge
640pts with 2 lances

Please tell me this knife-ear abomination costs more points than the Hierodules; I was going to grab one regardless, but...

Master Twig posted:

Little disappointed in heirodules, in particular their close combat. Wish they had gargantuan scything talons that did a flat 6 damage to put them on par with things like knights, or something like that. Still, gonna give em a shot. That flamer is brutal.

...this. They already have worse shooting with fewer weapons for 1 fewer power point--no need for their Scythes to deal variable damage rather than straight 6.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Geoff Zahn posted:

Hopefully that means an official one is imminent.

They probably got a C/D for the images, moreso than the points.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Huh, this renegade list is pretty disappointing.

It's design also absolutely clashes with a lot of things that 8th edition got right. There's needless LOLrandom charts, and Uncertain Worth requires multiple term book keeping. I haven't done the comparison to Guard, but I'll take your word for it that they're a worse deal.

I guess on a 3 you just get really good mutants?

The compacts seem almost interesting, but not enough to make up the difference. I imagine people will just run cults as spiky guard.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

RagnarokAngel posted:

M 8" degrading, 3+ degrading, 3+ degrading, S7, T7, 12W, 4A, LD 9, 3+, 5++
Spear is S +2, AP -4, d6, reroll wounds of 1 against vehicles
Can swap for D-Cannon (24" Heavy D3, S10, AP-4, d6) or Wraithcannon (Assault 1 12" D3, S10, AP-4, d6)

3 custom psyker powers, can only use these:

Enliven WC 6, chose Wraithguard/Blade/Lord unit within 12" roll 2d6 for advance drop lowest
Foreboding WC 8, -1LD to all enemy units within 6"
Deliverance WC 7, chose Wraithguard/Blade/Lord unit within 12", 6+ FNP

150pts with spear, +50 for DCannon, +17 for Wriathcannon

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

I am so torn with the new dread. If it had come out with no precedent, I think I would really like it. On the other hand, it's got a bit of a mecha aesthetic that I don't think fits in with the Imperium. I like my boxy boys. :(

I'm sure I'll get at least one though.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

JoshTheStampede posted:

Hopefully that means an official one is imminent.

They probably got a C/D for the images, moreso than the points.

Probably also for using patreon to try to turn a profit off the GW IP.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits
Painting up my Genestealer Cults, first 40k minis for... drat, since 3rd was released.

Here's my Patriarch. Sorry for the rubbish photo setup.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

berzerkmonkey posted:

I am so torn with the new dread. If it had come out with no precedent, I think I would really like it. On the other hand, it's got a bit of a mecha aesthetic that I don't think fits in with the Imperium. I like my boxy boys. :(

Now that I see that, I can't unsee it. The main hull, especially the rocket launchers, feel much more Battletech than 40k.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

Honestly, the new dreadnought is the only new release I'm interested in. GW said somewhere that it's a normal sarcophagus slapped into a new chassis which is totally fine by me. 30k already has like five different dreadnoughts.

I think the leviathan looks cooler, but this new one makes sense as a janky knock-off made 10,000 years later out of existing parts.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I'm glad that my space marine FW index has few glaring flaws. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the land raider proteus missing a special rule, also their characters using a different format than the main codexes and having to pay for wargear. Plus the issue with relic lords of war. Guess that's the only index FW gave a poo poo about.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I love Dreadnoughts but these are leaving me kinda cold.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I think I am going to cancel my Dark Imperium Pre-order through Frontline because they still haven't shipped it and basically said 'Welp, we don't know when we will get more, maybe at the end of the month or something I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ' when I called them about it. Miniature Market's site shows they have quite a few in stock now. How is their shipping?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Corrode posted:

I love Dreadnoughts but these are leaving me kinda cold.

Dude. It's battletech as gently caress.

If you don't want to play 40mm battletech I can't even.

The problem is they will cost way too many points and be terrible compared to rifledreads or assbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It kind of feels too Ed-209 for me.