Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

One of the J4Gs in the star trek online thread just outed another one as a Nazi furry :allears:

Nazi furry star trek fan? Gonna take a wild guess here and say he's not allowed to live anywhere near a school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Okay

The setup was only possible if you ignore the fact that portals in Portal disappear if the surface they're on moves.

The idea was that you have a crusher with a portal on it come down (with speed) upon a cube. The other portal is on an angled surface. Does the cube go flying out the other portal, and if so where does its momentum come from?

People drew diagrams and poo poo, it was great.

Holy poo poo, now I remember that, and the lengthy levels of explanation people went into. There's something immensely satisfying by closing a thread and going about doing literally anything, and realizing that you're being more productive than people in the thread.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Maybe I'm braindead, but does anyone else remember the thread that was like "we built a submarine"?

IIRC it was some Swedish or Finnish guys that built a fully functional submarine in a lake (and posted a bunch of pictures).

I also think they built something else that was awesome and posted a thread about it (I think it was a houseboat or something?)

Anyway I'm 99% sure I'm not delusional. I think it was back in like 2010 or something around there.

Does anyone remember this poo poo?

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

du -hast posted:

Maybe I'm braindead, but does anyone else remember the thread that was like "we built a submarine"?

IIRC it was some Swedish or Finnish guys that built a fully functional submarine in a lake (and posted a bunch of pictures).

I also think they built something else that was awesome and posted a thread about it (I think it was a houseboat or something?)

Anyway I'm 99% sure I'm not delusional. I think it was back in like 2010 or something around there.

Does anyone remember this poo poo?

those were the copenhagen suborbital dudes right

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

CAROL posted:

those were the copenhagen suborbital dudes right

That sounds about right. I knew they were in some way Nordic or northern european. I wish I could find the thread(s)

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Ok hold up I found the rocket one.

SA thread: (no pictures) https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3271649

Internet Wayback Machine (has pictures but slow af) https://web.archive.org/web/2010082...0&pagenumber=16

Here's the launch of the rocket (skip to ~5:30): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HueHF9pECI

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Yay! Found the submarine one too:

SA Link (no pictures): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3005279&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Can't find it on wayback machine since it requires archives and wayback won't let you login to SA through it obviously.

Anyway I guess the submarine building pictures are gone forever.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3005279&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

sub thread friend

E:fb

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Goddamn you posted that like 3 seconds before me, when I hit post your post was already after :stare:"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
had to check my list of "cool rear end threads" :frog::respek::haw:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

sneakyfrog posted:

had to check my list of "cool rear end threads" :frog::respek::haw:

Please post this list late-night-PYFbro

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Holy poo poo, now I remember that, and the lengthy levels of explanation people went into. There's something immensely satisfying by closing a thread and going about doing literally anything, and realizing that you're being more productive than people in the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZd95BCKMY

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Like most of the modmins I was following the saga in real-time and they were sure that zdr was named Kirk Johnson. Absolutely positive. It really is a shame that I hadn't saved more of the self-congratulations.

I like when they doxxed a dog

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

I dunno, the few times I looked at Kiwi Farms I recall seeing some authentic reference to/defense of the guy being a "lolicon" (ugh), so I have some skepticism about the ADMIN OF SCUZZ SITE IS INNOCENT AND ERNST STAVRO loving BLOFELD IS SLANDERING HIM FOR HIS TRUTH BOMBS explanation.

I think he also kept hitting on underage girls he found online. He's got an ED article.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Peanut Butler posted:

yes of course I do, I love my brother, weird thing to ask?

weren't you lizard wizard's brother? well, i guess that he's not an internet weirdo for you

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gum posted:

Nazi furry star trek fan? Gonna take a wild guess here and say he's not allowed to live anywhere near a school

Interestingly enough it does not apply to charter schools

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

One of the J4Gs in the star trek online thread just outed another one as a Nazi furry :allears:

Don't expect us to go digging through trekkie gaming threads if you don't post a link!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

Don't expect us to go digging through trekkie gaming threads if you don't post a link!

It's difficult to quote a quote of a quote but bear with me, it's in PYF Funny Forums Quotes

Rahhmi posted:

So.. Butts was Banned.... and then promoted to Dear Leader... and then outed as a Furry (and a Grimrak furry at that!).

Then our good-buddy @gioTariz was banned and took on the mantle of Dear Leader....

...it's time to out him as a furry too.

< original picture
> Same Scandroid shirt with caption from his facebook
> Original Discord Posting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GioSPL posted:

https://imgur.com/a/xx29m

You're amusing at times, annoying at others, but at this point including the rest of the conversation might have been more appropriate. At times I regret the day I encountered you.

However consider this, since you're tryharding to annoy me by showing that photo around, if it could piss me off would I have shared it with Discord in the first place?

Much to learn, you still have.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Not gonna wrap it up but it was brought to attention by forums user Hogge Wild

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
there was a goldmined ycs thread where some gamer was angry because he thought that a great scientist unit in civilization was named after a webcomic character tycho brahe

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

syscall girl posted:

It's difficult to quote a quote of a quote but bear with me, it's in PYF Funny Forums Quotes

Not gonna wrap it up but it was brought to attention by forums user Hogge Wild

you can find some real gold nuggets from the leper's colony

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hogge Wild posted:

there was a goldmined ycs thread where some gamer was angry because he thought that a great scientist unit in civilization was named after a webcomic character tycho brahe

well uh i take issue with both penny arcade guys but it's not specifically their use of adopted names

mostly that though

oh and that "gabe" draws them as not being insanely fat which they are

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i tried to find that ycs thread, but couldn't

but i found this thread in impzone that talks about it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695211

that thread had a post by a certain Liquid Penguin, who had some furry drama in the shmorky thread where he amongst other things told that he runs a furry site: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803719&userid=92603

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

Anyone got a link to this?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796979&pagenumber=5313&perpage=40#post469034149

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

syscall girl posted:

well uh i take issue with both penny arcade guys but it's not specifically their use of adopted names

mostly that though

Only one of them is super fat, the other guy is methhead-thin. Between the 2 of them you've got something like 2.25 peoples' worth of weight.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

syscall girl posted:

mostly that though

Last time I looked they were basically relics of late 90s Internet culture. I also seem to remember one of them being a skinny nerd instead of a fat nerd like the other.

The one guy is not nearly as good of a writer as he thinks he is. Too many years of reading only fantasy novels has made him write like some sort of effete elf nobleman.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

syscall girl posted:

mostly that though

Tycho is the one that looks like a human buttplug Moleman. Gabe is the slenderman looking fucker that would be perfectly in place at a Meshugga concert. Afaik their wives are on the heavy side but I remember one of them having pretty bad health problems so if he wants to draw them like hot topic girls then what's the prob.

Despite their respective talents, they'd both be Tim Buckley-level burnouts if it weren't for their supremely gifted financial manager.

FilthyImp has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Jun 23, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I guess I conflated the two?

I bet the skinny guy just wolfs down his food to dick with the other one

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Last I remember was Tycho's article that starts off with don't tell me I "don't get" undertale and then complains about it in a way where it's painfully obvious he's clueless, unable to even conceive the concept of affectionate satire

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FilthyImp posted:

Tycho is the one that looks like a human buttplug Moleman. Gabe is the slenderman looking fucker that would be perfectly in place at a Meshugga concert. Afaik their wives are on the heavy side but I remember one of them having pretty bad health problems so if he wants to draw them like hot topic girls then what's the prob.

Despite their respective talents, they'd both be Tim Buckley-level burnouts if it weren't for their supremely gifted financial manager.

Gabe being a horrifying rear end in a top hat doesn't help

Khoo is a beautiful wonderful man and I love him dearly and he does not get paid enough

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I definitely don't agree with all their opinions, but I like Gabe and Tycho. Their blog always showcases whatever games their into and they're good at taking about what they like about games and why. I've encountered several games there that would have flown under my radar otherwise. I liked their video series Fourth Panel, where it was just bullshitting and brainstorming their creative process for comics.

But honestly, I don't know why they bother making comics anymore. I'm not sure anyone cares and their comics having been anything interesting in a long time. All the other content they generate is much better. And don't forget that PAX is basically E3 but better.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snak posted:

I definitely don't agree with all their opinions, but I like Gabe and Tycho. Their blog always showcases whatever games their into and they're good at taking about what they like about games and why. I've encountered several games there that would have flown under my radar otherwise. I liked their video series Fourth Panel, where it was just bullshitting and brainstorming their creative process for comics.

But honestly, I don't know why they bother making comics anymore. I'm not sure anyone cares and their comics having been anything interesting in a long time. All the other content they generate is much better. And don't forget that PAX is basically E3 but better.

The one thing I can say about PAX (I have a friend that goes) is that they banned booth-babes

That's pretty cool I think

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Snak posted:

My brother is good friends with them and I've had dinner with them, they seem like nice enough guys.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

syscall girl posted:

The one thing I can say about PAX (I have a friend that goes) is that they banned booth-babes

That's pretty cool I think
I am a booth babe and they made it hard for me to find work. I just want to jiggle my steamed hams at Jim Sterling and now my dream will never be

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Hogge Wild posted:

you can find some real gold nuggets from the leper's colony

That makes sense. I was so confused when you posted it in the quotes thread. You don't seem like an MMO guy, or a Star Trek guy, or a nazi fury. I you just speed read every currently used thread for insane people or some poo poo.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just really appreciate how open and passionate they are about their hobbies and games that they like and how they seem to engage in actual discussion about why they like stuff.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I really don't like the comic itself but I worked security at Pax East a couple of years and they both seem like pretty chill turbonerds tbh. Most of the time when they were walking the convention floor they both had these looks on their faces that was pure "holy poo poo look how awesome this thing is" and they seemed super happy to be signing autographs and taking photos.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I wonder how the booth babe ban works like, presumably babes are still allowed at PAX, can't they pay them clandestinely??

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
More like boob bathes.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I wonder how the booth babe ban works like, presumably babes are still allowed at PAX, can't they pay them clandestinely??
I vaguely remember some furore about a girl (cosplayer?) getting kicked out for being scantily clad so uhh that's one way to do it I guess (assuming that's the whole story which it probably isn't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kelp Me! posted:

I really don't like the comic itself but I worked security at Pax East a couple of years and they both seem like pretty chill turbonerds tbh. Most of the time when they were walking the convention floor they both had these looks on their faces that was pure "holy poo poo look how awesome this thing is" and they seemed super happy to be signing autographs and taking photos.

Truly they are the Wesley Crushers of web comic men