Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

Did he hear the car starting?

You can hear him whisper "someone's putting in the battery" to someone else who is also hiding in the lodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Regrettable posted:

You can hear him whisper "someone's putting in the battery" to someone else who is also hiding in the lodge.

GOTY

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I screwed it up. It was "This guy's putting the battery In."

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Either way that kid got housed and I can't stop laughing.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Just picked this up today and got to play as Jason on my second match. It was good times. I managed 5 out of 8 but the last guy I was after was really apathetic and talking about how he was good so he didn't care. I punched a hole through his chest while berating him.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Yardbomb posted:

So someone was testing it (On 4chins) and it seems like different Jasons might actually have a hidden better or worse 'hearing stat', removed from sense stuff I mean. They were showing videos they'd taken of Part 6 and 7, testing it with a buddy in private, while 7 could see AJ's jogging and whatever constantly, 6 was pretty much deaf in comparison. Also it's not just because of rage either, someone mentioned that apparently raged Jasons lose some hearing power(?), but they had another video of calm Part 6 and they still couldn't hear jogging. Unknown if that's something janky going on or if there's just an undocumented mechanic at work, either way what the hell.

"I could reproduce the video just fine, with Jason 6 not able to hear a jogging AJ from close or from afar, so I decided to test other counselors and suddenly found that Jason was able to hear them jogging no matter where he was on the map. After some more testing I figured something out.

All Jasons have a hidden "hearing" stat that is independent of his Sense ability. Jason 6 and 3 have really lovely sound perception and trying to reproduce that video using them will wield the same results as seen in the video. However Part 7 Jason has amazing hearing abilities, and trying to reproduce that video with him will lead to him constantly hearing AJ if she jogs. This is a completely hidden stat that is independent of Sense because both Jason 6 and 7 has a Sense bonus, yet one hears everything while the other is practically deaf."

Part 6
[snip]
Part 7
[snip]

Plaintext links because they're huge and were breaking tables.

Holy poo poo this would explain why I can never seem to find anyone as Part 6 without spamming Sense (and even then :shepface:)

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Danaru posted:

Holy poo poo this would explain why I can never seem to find anyone as Part 6 without spamming Sense (and even then :shepface:)

Yeah, I've almost exclusively played part 6 and have an awful time trying to find people until the round is almost over.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

6 is still the best because the kill where he walks the spear out through their head is my favorite.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Just had two amusing back to back games. First one, I got to try out Part 2 Jason, only to glitch through the bottom of the floor and "die" after killing one person. Stayed with that group for the next match. Got murdered as Chad, but came back as Tommy in time to jump in the car. This is where it gets interesting: person driving backed the entire way across the map because Jason can't stop the car from behind. It was kinda funny to watch us escape while Jason kept spawning in front of us as we backed away from him to our freedom.

That really needs to be the next thing they fix, in that instance there's hardly poo poo that Jason can do except hope that he can Shift or Morph right next to the driver's side and hit E quick enough to yank the driver out.

At least as far as I know, I only played for like an hour or two for the first time last night. But I came across a reverse driver, and tried to Morph not behind but next to the car off the road so they'd hopefully not notice me as I tried to get to the driver. It never worked but I got a brief prompt to yank the driver out at one point.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

That really needs to be the next thing they fix, in that instance there's hardly poo poo that Jason can do except hope that he can Shift or Morph right next to the driver's side and hit E quick enough to yank the driver out.

At least as far as I know, I only played for like an hour or two for the first time last night. But I came across a reverse driver, and tried to Morph not behind but next to the car off the road so they'd hopefully not notice me as I tried to get to the driver. It never worked but I got a brief prompt to yank the driver out at one point.

You can stop the car by morphing behind it. It doesn't trigger the animation but they are forced to drive forward if I'm remembering correctly. Then you shift ahead of them and do the proper car stop.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

I'm fairly certain jason can stop the car from behind if they're driving backwards. It should break if they drive into you just as if they hit a tree.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I actually am starting to think it may legitimately be my GOTY, no joke. It's consistently creating the best moments game after game and they all come about very organically. All the mechanics are extremely well designed to produce a very movie-like experience. If not for the launch issues and bugs it might be an even clearer contender.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

imweasel09 posted:

I'm fairly certain jason can stop the car from behind if they're driving backwards. It should break if they drive into you just as if they hit a tree.

Yeah I did this last night. That Jason was probably just bad.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Yeah, you can definitely stop the car from behind. The driver has a lot more mobility in reverse, though, so a good serpentine is hard to get behind for non-running Jasons. The trick is to be farther up the road (morph or positioning) and start a shift (stalk+shift makes it better) to end right in the rear of the car.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I have only rarely actually properly shifted in front of a car, I usually just try to act as a road block and I depend on the counselors to eventually gently caress up and put the car into a ditch or something. With pubbies its a fairly reliable strategy. I tend to focus pretty hard on the 4-seater though and I try to never let it even get started, because I know I'm no good at stopping it once it is.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
My favorite experience in my two times as Jason was getting stuck behind a rail near an exit, trying to Shift out of it to stop a counselor and eventually getting for-real stuck in some rocks right by the bridge.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I do wish there was a more monetary reward for playing as a team. It feels like 50% of my deaths are because I saved a counselor, only to be immediately ditched and killed by Jason. One guy even cracked me with a wrench so I went into injured can't-run mode :mad: We're in this together dammit. Like instead of a flat 500 CP for escaping, make it 100 per survivor or something. Playing as counselor is becoming the prisoner's dilemma except also there's a machete wielding rear end in a top hat hanging around

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Burkion posted:

It can be either.

If Jason is visible on the minimap (like if he's lit up by a flare), when he Shifts you'll actually see his red diamond start zooming off. It's a good way to tell if he's about to hit you.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Danaru posted:

I do wish there was a more monetary reward for playing as a team. It feels like 50% of my deaths are because I saved a counselor, only to be immediately ditched and killed by Jason. One guy even cracked me with a wrench so I went into injured can't-run mode :mad: We're in this together dammit. Like instead of a flat 500 CP for escaping, make it 100 per survivor or something. Playing as counselor is becoming the prisoner's dilemma except also there's a machete wielding rear end in a top hat hanging around

Don't play with pubbies or Venus

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Danaru posted:

You do get points for repairing poo poo, but yeah, I think per survivor xp would be nice. It would have definitely made me less salty about the times I repaired poo poo up and then got left to my doom.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Double XP should be live. 13,000cp should also be live.

(I'm not home, so I don't know for sure)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Verified, weekend event is live. GLORIOUS CP

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I swear to god, first Dead by Daylight and now F13, they always schedule double point weekends on the weekends I have to work :mad:

Cor Geal
Aug 2, 2012
So I just picked this up, was planning to play some public games to see how that goes. For the goon games are any done at EU friendly times or is it a join Discord group and whenever enough want to?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So...Many...Perks...

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Unlike most games, I actually prefer playing with pubbies in this because it's basically a party game and most of the fun comes from meeting goofy strangers and making each other laugh.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
goons are still hella fun to play with but yeah a lot of this game is running into weird characters online so i balance my time there

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
I quit for the night. Saw the it's live post, I logged back in. 13,000 cp. nice.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
i get way more laughs from goon games but ymmv

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Spent all my 13k points on Jason kills. Just need 2k more and I've got em all.

I'm already happy with my 3 perks (Epic Swift Attacker, Rare Slugger, Rare Thick Skinned) so id rather unlock a sure thing then random perks.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jesus Christ lmao

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Basebf555 posted:

I actually am starting to think it may legitimately be my GOTY, no joke. It's consistently creating the best moments game after game and they all come about very organically. All the mechanics are extremely well designed to produce a very movie-like experience. If not for the launch issues and bugs it might be an even clearer contender.

This is pretty much one of the truest examples of the whole 'emergent gameplay' thing and why it's great to have enough freedom in the game to make unscripted goofy and awesome things happen.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

"No you have to fight him"

Leprechad takes a machete to the torso

"or maybe not"

I hope there is a better game that comes out this year but I have my doubts.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

...and the pitch! posted:

"No you have to fight him"

Leprechad takes a machete to the torso

"or maybe not"

I hope there is a better game that comes out this year but I have my doubts.

It's a pretty good game but let's be real here, P5, Nier, Zelda, and PUBG came out this year, with Mario and Wolfenstein still to come.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Barent posted:

It's a pretty good game but let's be real here, P5, Nier, Zelda, and PUBG came out this year, with Mario and Wolfenstein still to come.

one of these things is not like the others

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Phyresis posted:

one of these things is not like the others

IDGI

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oh man, adding to those webms I posted last night, Vanessa against a Part 7 is brutal, even crouch walk pings.

https://my.mixtape.moe/qgtgsw.webm

Barent posted:

Not that bothered about any of them past P5 and Nier honestly, so still a top 3 contender for me. :v:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Not only is this my favorite online multiplayer of all time, it also holds the distinction of being the only video game I would ever watch videos of people playing.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
game good so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So

Tinfoil is a prophet of my doom.

Terry had the sweater, I respawned as Tommy. He's across the map. So I rush over to him. I see Jason is somewhere near him so I have to get him to safety and get his mask off of him.

Tinfoil speaks up over discord that I always die instantly as Tommy, which is patently untrue

The moment I walk into the cabin, exactly after Tinfoil said that, Jason grabs me from inside and kills me.

gently caress you Tinfoil you brought that on me

• Locked thread