Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Snak posted:

But honestly, I don't know why they bother making comics anymore. I'm not sure anyone cares and their comics having been anything interesting in a long time. All the other content they generate is much better. And don't forget that PAX is basically E3 but better.

It doesn't help that Gabe's art style probably peaked around 2009 or so and since then each character has devolved into a formless, buck-toothed mass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

this combined with the floor pizza is great. what a loving lunatic.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It doesn't help that Gabe's art style probably peaked around 2009 or so and since then each character has devolved into a formless, buck-toothed mass.

His non Penny Arcade art is so much better. I'm sure he's just bored drawing those characters and is trying to keep it interesting for himself.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's 2017 and not only is Penny Arcade still around people are still posting about it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Remember dick wolves? Heh.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Snak posted:

But honestly, I don't know why they bother making comics anymore.

I hear they have interns do it

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Oh dear.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

:doink:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Paladinus posted:

I don't remember this. Please tell me about it in exhausting detail.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Mac hall and three panel soul are, and have always been, far and away better than penny arcade.

Thanks for listening

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

syscall girl posted:

It's difficult to quote a quote of a quote but bear with me, it's in PYF Funny Forums Quotes

Not gonna wrap it up but it was brought to attention by forums user Hogge Wild

If i invent time travel i promise you all i will show this picture to Hitler and film his reaction

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I hear they have interns do it
I think that was the case with their Games Industry comic that had like 5 artists (after Kurtz and Gabe did character designs and some panels). It's pretty much dead now, I believe.

They both wear their interests on their sleeves, and PA has allowed them to launch passion projects that are definitely cool (Thornwatch, Daughters of Eyrewood, Gabe's card game or tabletop game or whatever, the comic panel competition show that helped launch Camp Weedontwantcha and Oh Joy Sex Toy). But man when they double down on their missteps they just don't know when to stop.

Granted Gabe has mentioned how he's had some ridiculous gnarly social anxiety problems, and iirc Tycho' s son had a dissociative episode that landed him in the hospital briefly, so it's clear that they have a little bit of context for some of that stuff.

FactsAreUseless posted:

They make a strip making fun of the way quests work in MMoRPGs, where an NPC begs to be saved but the player's done with the requisite 7 pelts of whatever.

Part of the joke was the sad sack mentioning his suffering at "being raped to sleep by the terrible dickwolves" nightly.

Some people in the forums say Hey rape jokes aren't too funny.

They double down by saying it's a joke, proceed to make an 'apology' comic that basically calls people out for not having a sense of humor, itself hinges on a joke that their comic induced people to become rapists and they can now go in peace and 'rape no more'.

More forums drama. Gabe livedraws a dickwolf at an event (PAX maybe) and they design Fightin' Dickwolves merch.

People start pulling out of PAX because of the dumbassery.

Khoo (Robert Khoo, their financial manager and basically the reason they can sell prints, create a pin trading line, and do anything aside from churning out comics) puts his foot down and they distance themselves from PAX and PA Industries and eventually issue a better apology.

Gabe occasionally will mention how he didn't see a problem with how they handled it. I think he sees it as a failure that he compromised or whatever.

FilthyImp has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Jun 23, 2017

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who is khoo?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oldpainless posted:

Who is khoo?

Their financial guy and basically the reason they have a successful charity/PAX etc instead of being a forgotten relic of the early aughts.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

It was a dick made of wolves or something. I don't remember much about it, to be frank.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

They make a strip making fun of the way quests work in MMoRPGs, where an NPC begs to be saved but the player's done with the requisite 7 pelts of whatever.

Part of the joke was the sad sack mentioning his suffering at "being raped to sleep by the terrible dickwolves" nightly.

Some people in the forums say Hey rape jokes aren't too funny.

They double down by saying it's a joke, proceed to make an 'apology' comic that basically calls people out for not having a sense of humor, itself hinges on a joke that their comic induced people to become rapists and they can now go in peace and 'rape no more'.

More forums drama. Gabe livedraws a dickwolf at an event (PAX maybe) and they design Fightin' Dickwolves merch.

People start pulling out of PAX because of the dumbassery.

Khoo (Robert Khoo, their financial manager and basically the reason they can sell prints, create a pin trading line, and do anything aside from churning out comics) puts his foot down and they distance themselves from PAX and PA Industries and eventually issue a better apology.

Gabe occasionally will mention how he didn't see a problem with how they handled it. I think he sees it as a failure that he compromised or whatever.

i think the mod was joking

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Last Chance posted:

Well it wasn't *exhaustively detailed*

:pseudo:

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

FilthyImp posted:

dickwolves

don't forget the organized group harassing the poo poo out of anyone criticizing the comic (because of course there was one) literally called themselves "Team Rape"

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
Sometimes i wonder if years of bullying may have had a slight effect on nerds

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I vaguely remember some furore about a girl (cosplayer?) getting kicked out for being scantily clad so uhh that's one way to do it I guess (assuming that's the whole story which it probably isn't)
She was paid by the devs to cosplay as the main character from Lollipop Chainsaw, so it was in the awkward intersection of cosplay, booth babe, and actual employee.

also I think it might have been internet darling Jessica Nigri but I honestly don't care enough to google the details, pretty sure if I did I'd find really gross internet rants

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah it was her.They asked her to wear something over it, so she changed costumes instead and the sun rose the next day.

The internet would have none of that though.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Last Chance posted:

You can't take that risk.

He might get scared and unload a full clip of bans into the thread.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

RFC2324 posted:

You can't take that risk.

He might get scared and unload a full clip of bans into the thread.

I should disguise myself as a white police officer

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zore posted:

Their financial guy and basically the reason they have a successful charity/PAX etc instead of being a forgotten relic of the early aughts.

Child's Play is also shockingly successful compared to other similar charities based on internet personalities. They raise more per year then most medium sized charities and are eventually going to hit $10+ million raised a year, possible next year or the year after that. Most charities struggle to make $1 million a year much less $7-8m and that's not even taking into account how many internet charities has suspicious accounting practices and how money just vanishes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I Said No posted:

don't forget the organized group harassing the poo poo out of anyone criticizing the comic (because of course there was one) literally called themselves "Team Rape"
Pokemon got weird, huh

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
Team Rape is blasting off again

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Penny Arcade was a great SA saga

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
What was the post/rant/complaint that got the very first "much like your posting" reply?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

evobatman posted:

What was the post/rant/complaint that got the very first "much like your posting" reply?

Micah 2:1 Woe to those who devise wickedness and work evil on their beds! When the morning dawns, they perform it, because it is in the power of their hand. Much like your posting

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gum posted:

Micah 2:1 Woe to those who devise wickedness and work evil on their beds! When the morning dawns, they perform it, because it is in the power of their hand. Much like your posting

Very nice, comparing posting to masturbation.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

RFC2324 posted:

Very nice, comparing posting to masturbation.

isnt it?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

it totally is.

:circlefap:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Scudworth posted:

Penny Arcade was a great SA saga

Lowtax and Gabe both got started as PlanetQuake people, concordantly PA drama is SA drama

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

it totally is.

:circlefap:

Great. That means there's some goon out there that has a My Little Pony doll stored in a filing cabinet with all his printed out posts.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Solice Kirsk posted:

Great. That means there's some goon out there that has a My Little Pony doll stored in a filing cabinet with all his printed out posts.

Maybe i should share a picture of my post vase

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

Maybe i should share a picture of my post vase

mine's more of a post spitoon

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

this combined with the floor pizza is great. what a loving lunatic.

I was always shocked by how much flak floor pizza caught.

They ordered pizza
They closed up the box and slid it under the bed
In the morning he opened it up and ate some more pizza

It's not the most hygenic thing to do, but jesus these people were like oozing stuff to make fun of, and SA latched on to that of all things. I always found it super meta that people who met on a board for obsessing about coming up with spin jobs about some autistic guy's minor actions got to get a taste of their own exact medicine.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Kelp Me! posted:

mine's more of a post spitoon

Oh yeah, say hi to your dad for me next time you see him.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Choco1980 posted:

Oh yeah, say hi to your dad for me next time you see him.

uhhh, ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"Floor pizza" is catchy. Also goofy in a less upsetting way than his typical behavior