Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

i dont understand dating an antifeminist. there's no way the guy knows how to eat pussy.

Lightning Lord posted:

She thinks he's strictly anti-SJW, lol

anti Supplying Joy to Women? *tries to play rimshot and hits self in face*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The best part is in a way they've made Anita even more legitimate, as harassing her over video games, a fairly non serious topic, turned into her being an actual good source to talk about online harassment, which is getting more and more focus.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Archer666 posted:

I don't exactly agree with Anita's videos or anything, but this was a good thing that she did.

Yeah good for her, Sargon is a dumb sophist sack of poo poo and most Anita's dumb stuff was because of her ex cowriter/producer and he gone now.

rkajdi posted:

It's the same fight that has been happening in every corner of the nerd community:

1. Nerds set themselves up in some corner of fringe culture. Some of these guys are already the dreg losers we all worry about.
2. Losers glob onto this community, because nerds don't know how to police people out for being creepers, pedos, and bigots. See the nerd social fallacies for details.
3. Culture at large turns and these things become a little more interesting to normal people.
4. Losers get mad, because they realize that if things get normalized, they can't use the hobby for grooming/sex harassment/general creeper and white dude safe space.
5. Losers strike out against the cultural vanguards of normalcy moving in, which generally means women, minorities, etc.

We really haven't gotten to 6 with anything yet with any of this stuff. I'd like to hope it ends up with normal culture fully appropriating the corner, and the losers getting the boot when they don't comply. But it's not a guarantee and requires a lot of work to get done. I'm actually pretty sure video games will get there unless the industry implodes first, because there's real money and culture behind it. Normal culture puts up with some bigotry unfortunately, but the weird sex (body pillows and cranking it to anime) and pedo stuff will get you removed post haste. So these losers will constantly end up having to stay one step away from the long arm of society, or will get owned by even standard bigots like the "What about the memes?" Kekistani was at the Oathkeeper rally.

The real goal for all of us is to make sure that during step 5, these losers don't get to ruin decent people's lives (as happened to Zoe Quinn and her new boyfriend) and make sure they don't scorched earth the culture on their way out the door, like regressive comics fan are trying to do. Because these guys would totally rather something not exist than lose their grasp on it.
Pretty much. It's dumb kids raised on chan poo poo and weird broken assholes and jaded rear end in a top hat sophist who went hard right.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

bobjr posted:

The best part is in a way they've made Anita even more legitimate, as harassing her over video games, a fairly non serious topic, turned into her being an actual good source to talk about online harassment, which is getting more and more focus.

the anti-feminism thing is super reactionary and emotionally driven. It's obvious that the ultimate solution to their problems would be to just go back to r/gaming and leave it alone with a "Who cares" attitude - but it's not like that for them. They feel a desperate, unhinged compulsion to... say... loudly yell in an empty room about it to a camera.

I know that personally it was a manifestation of gender dysphoria - I was a huge shitlord before I realized I was trans. But now I'm a total SJW so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

rkajdi posted:

It's the same fight that has been happening in every corner of the nerd community:

1. Nerds set themselves up in some corner of fringe culture. Some of these guys are already the dreg losers we all worry about.
2. Losers glob onto this community, because nerds don't know how to police people out for being creepers, pedos, and bigots. See the nerd social fallacies for details.
3. Culture at large turns and these things become a little more interesting to normal people.
4. Losers get mad, because they realize that if things get normalized, they can't use the hobby for grooming/sex harassment/general creeper and white dude safe space.
5. Losers strike out against the cultural vanguards of normalcy moving in, which generally means women, minorities, etc.

We really haven't gotten to 6 with anything yet with any of this stuff. I'd like to hope it ends up with normal culture fully appropriating the corner, and the losers getting the boot when they don't comply. But it's not a guarantee and requires a lot of work to get done. I'm actually pretty sure video games will get there unless the industry implodes first, because there's real money and culture behind it. Normal culture puts up with some bigotry unfortunately, but the weird sex (body pillows and cranking it to anime) and pedo stuff will get you removed post haste. So these losers will constantly end up having to stay one step away from the long arm of society, or will get owned by even standard bigots like the "What about the memes?" Kekistani was at the Oathkeeper rally.

The real goal for all of us is to make sure that during step 5, these losers don't get to ruin decent people's lives (as happened to Zoe Quinn and her new boyfriend) and make sure they don't scorched earth the culture on their way out the door, like regressive comics fan are trying to do. Because these guys would totally rather something not exist than lose their grasp on it.

You forget the part where nerds who are just sort of socially awkward but not specifically regressive shitheads will still hate normies for taking over their hobbies, because gently caress normies coming in and taking over the only poo poo they didn't already take from baby nerds.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 23, 2017

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

landgrabber posted:

I know that personally it was a manifestation of gender dysphoria - I was a huge shitlord before I realized I was trans. But now I'm a total SJW so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There does seem to be a trend of shitlords being that way because of not accepting/realising something about themselves.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I always wondered that because of all the anime girl avatars, I think they're out of fashion now though...

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/GarrettGirton/status/878156041254445056

It's nice to see some consistency.

"For years they called us racists and misogynists. Well, let's throw the N Word around and tell women they are only suitable for reproduction. That'll show 'em!"

Now "call us garbage, will you? Then we will wear the label proudly!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeayARWMYW8

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 23, 2017

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Symbolic Butt posted:

I always wondered that because of all the anime girl avatars, I think they're out of fashion now though...

That was a shame because animarxist gender crew was the big game in town before the dork entitlements popped along to soil that.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

NikkolasKing posted:

https://twitter.com/GarrettGirton/status/878156041254445056

It's nice to see some consistency.

"For years they called us racists and misogynists. Well, let's throw the N Word around and tell women they are only suitable for reproduction. That'll show 'em!"

Now "call us garbage, will you? Then we will wear the label proudly!"

I'm not surprised. This is a subset of the same people that were happy to wear the label "deplorable".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LOL at sargon doing the dumb maga chud poo poo of calling themselves deplorable in their twitter handles.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blowfish posted:

You forget the part were nerds who are just sort of socially awkward will still hate normies for taking over their hobbies, because gently caress normies coming in and taking over the only poo poo they didn't already take from baby nerds.

I thought I did with 1. Really, the issue is that nerds in general have low social value, and need to understand that if they make anything that is useful it will be taken from them and appropriated into real culture. I'd feel sorry for them if were an ethnic group or actually made something, but these are just basement dwellers and other low functioning types who create an identity out of low brow pop culture.

landgrabber posted:

Similar here, but I don't think shitlords were a thing in the 90s. I was just an unthinking dude until I realized I was also down with the guys. Say what you want, but forced empathy tends to craft more acceptable people.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

There does seem to be a trend of shitlords being that way because of not accepting/realising something about themselves.

I think most things that trigger rage generally do so because of an insecurity or some sort of deep seated thing. I'm just glad I was smart enough to realize it and move past the ragey-at-tumblr poo poo while I still had my life ahead of me.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

landgrabber posted:

I think most things that trigger rage generally do so because of an insecurity or some sort of deep seated thing. I'm just glad I was smart enough to realize it and move past the ragey-at-tumblr poo poo while I still had my life ahead of me.

Yeah it does seem a lot of these frogs are kinda just leading themselves to sad futures as they realise the world isn't going to go their way. Like, despite setbacks, progressivism tends to push harder than conservatives and regressives can push back.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i have been bordly watching sargon stuff for the last few days. how does anyone like him? i am not even talking about the lovely politics or his lovely attempts at "covering up" how terrible they are. he is just isnt entertaining or interesting. he is just so loving boring and long winded. its just him bitching and comparing himself to voltaire.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i have been bordly watching sargon stuff for the last few days. how does anyone like him? i am not even talking about the lovely politics or his lovely attempts at "covering up" how terrible they are. he is just isnt entertaining or interesting. he is just so loving boring and long winded. its just him bitching and comparing himself to voltaire.

Being 14 and hating your mum seems to be the basis of his subscriber base.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i asked this about thunderfoot in the previous thread. even on evolution and stuff i'd agree with he would've been impossible to watch, his voice is loving awful.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I think we've said this before, but he really sounds like a talk radio host. The only difference is that his audience is at an even lower level than the average talk radio listener.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mojo1701a posted:

I think we've said this before, but he really sounds like a talk radio host. The only difference is that his audience is at an even lower level than the average talk radio listener.

yeah but i listen to podcasts/radio all the time and he is terrible at it.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i asked this about thunderfoot in the previous thread. even on evolution and stuff i'd agree with he would've been impossible to watch, his voice is loving awful.

same ish. though i loved his peter popoff videos.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah it does seem a lot of these frogs are kinda just leading themselves to sad futures as they realise the world isn't going to go their way. Like, despite setbacks, progressivism tends to push harder than conservatives and regressives can push back.

I think they talked about it on Chapo once, but basically they attack culture so much because it's the lowest level of a political movement. Going "gently caress the status quo" and x different groups of people is the most basic way to say something and still have at least some people's ears perk up.

Also note that a lot of the way they talk centers around potential. It's important because potential is a positive value you never actually have to cash in - They can do nothing with their lives but read 4chan and watch Sargon and have an infinite amount of potential, because doing literally anything else - including other stuff they could do on a computer - would contribute an infinite variable more to the world.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

landgrabber posted:

I think they talked about it on Chapo once, but basically they attack culture so much because it's the lowest level of a political movement. Going "gently caress the status quo" and x different groups of people is the most basic way to say something and still have at least some people's ears perk up.

Also note that a lot of the way they talk centers around potential. It's important because potential is a positive value you never actually have to cash in - They can do nothing with their lives but read 4chan and watch Sargon and have an infinite amount of potential, because doing literally anything else - including other stuff they could do on a computer - would contribute an infinite variable more to the world.

I was also thinking to myself that people like Carlgon basically hope the status quo never changes. I was listening to his failed debate with Michael Brooks and him complaining about the regressive left making everything about race (????) before demanding to know why regressive leftists refuse to condemn all of Islam, because they're homophobic... and it's just... okay so say you're right, say that is a problem you actually care about. Say you waved a magic wand that magically made Muslims all disappear or drop their religion as one and become tolerant.

Now what?

What's the new big Most Important Issue Of Our Time?

Homelessness? Starvation? Quality of Life in general?

Carlgon complains that the left is too busy thinking about race to solve the real issues affecting us, but he doesn't have any serious suggestions for solving real issues, and he never has to as long as he can complain about a religion that's clearly never going away in his lifetime. He's standing beside a river demanding the water flow in the opposite direction so he can cross to the other side and do something productive.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah but i listen to podcasts/radio all the time and he is terrible at it.

Like I said, lower level. Being on the radio means you at least have to have some standard. Carlgon is just... there. The fact that he actually has followers is astonishing. He should be a nothing.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

mojo1701a posted:

Like I said, lower level. Being on the radio means you at least have to have some standard. Carlgon is just... there. The fact that he actually has followers is astonishing. He should be a nothing.

It's because there are people who are even shittier than him and unable to achieve even the minimal feat of pointing a camera at their face and rambling in largely intelligible if simple sentences. If you're shittier than Carlgon, you're going to listen to Carlgon because he's at least within your frame of reference as a slightly less embarassing failure at life, not to some actual smart person you can't place in your personal experience because they're too far ahead of you.

Basically, Carlgon is the King of Loser Mountain.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

blowfish posted:

It's because there are people who are even shittier than him and unable to achieve even the minimal feat of pointing a camera at their face and rambling in largely intelligible if simple sentences. If you're shittier than Carlgon, you're going to listen to Carlgon because he's at least within your frame of reference as a slightly less embarassing failure at life, not to some actual smart person you can't place in your personal experience because they're too far ahead of you.

I just checked in on old Carl and saw this exchange:

I thought they were trolls, but really don't know what to think. This is the crowd he's playing to, I guess: Carls who never bought that Blue Yeti mic and started blasting their frustration to the world.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
https://twitter.com/ablondpanda/status/878251683826020352

💯

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

business hammocks posted:

I just checked in on old Carl and saw this exchange:

I thought they were trolls, but really don't know what to think. This is the crowd he's playing to, I guess: Carls who never bought that Blue Yeti mic and started blasting their frustration to the world.

carls that no one thinks are smart because they don't have british accents

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

:perfect:

That is fantastic.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

blowfish posted:

https://twitter.com/Skutchdraws/status/878062824689254400

I'm probably gaining entirely too much joy out of this e-drama but gently caress it, the outside world is falling apart.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

My favorite part is that him and his fans can't even actually come up with a way to fire back, other than "so much for the tolerant left" garbage.

It's actually really fun to be a mean SJW because any Sargon-likes just do themselves in trying to expose the Vaudevillian Christmas fallacy you're dropping constantly

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

NikkolasKing posted:

https://twitter.com/Skutchdraws/status/878062824689254400

I'm probably gaining entirely too much joy out of this e-drama but gently caress it, the outside world is falling apart.

These loving idiots can't hold themselves together for the minute it takes to ask a question, some loving masterrace intellectual elite. Take away their online anonymity and they're reduced to stammering cowards, like here or in that call show.

A pity then, that their anonymity allows them to ruin people's lives with nary a slap on the wrist

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Archer666 posted:

That's the funniest thing. I follow some of the alt-right people out of morbid curiousity and aside from Carl, all I can recognize is Shoe and Armored Skeptic. No clue who the rest of them are.

I managed 7 out of 10. I don't think that is healthy.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

landgrabber posted:

carls that no one thinks are smart because they don't have british accents

Ding ding

Or at least they aren't as blitheringly self confident to really voice any of this garbage outside of text

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

He used to be watchable, when the anti-SJW was a new thing. Like when videos of female students demanding that men all commit CIS suicide. He sounded sane in comparison.
Then he started to lick up to Milo, had him on for a few episodes, went out for a few drinks with Milo, probably hosed Milo.
In my eyes he started to go mental after Milo got twitter banned, but when Brexit started he really ramped up the vitirol.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

happyhippy posted:

He used to be watchable, when the anti-SJW was a new thing. Like when videos of female students demanding that men all commit CIS suicide. He sounded sane in comparison.
Then he started to lick up to Milo, had him on for a few episodes, went out for a few drinks with Milo, probably hosed Milo.
In my eyes he started to go mental after Milo got twitter banned, but when Brexit started he really ramped up the vitirol.

yeah. pretty much. he sounded sane and fine when he was making GBS threads on dumb rear end college students who overeact on ivy legue campuses because they want to pretend they are oppressed even when they come from old money and go to ivy legue schools and are mad when normal folks/lefties/whoever dont know the in and outs of first year humanities course and thinks it works exactly in practice(it doesn't, i am humanities too). but then he gets in bed with the alt right(probaly literaly) and basically targets anyone who is to the left/minority. then he started to legit believe the poo poo and here were are today.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

happyhippy posted:

was milo carlgon's waifu, and could he not bear to see the only other human being who didn't recoil in disgust at the thought of banging carlgon getting banned on twatter

the world wonders

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I just finished Angela Nagle's book Kill All Normies about the alt-right/alt-light and while she doesn't directly touch any garbage humans (why bother) she does explore 4chan culture and the right of the alt-right. Also touches on gamergate and all the other crap that preceded where we are now. It's good.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dreylad posted:

I just finished Angela Nagle's book Kill All Normies about the alt-right/alt-light and while she doesn't directly touch any garbage humans (why bother) she does explore 4chan culture and the right of the alt-right. Also touches on gamergate and all the other crap that preceded where we are now. It's good.

yeah, i heard he various interviews and the ones on chapo. she always seemed to be the closest to understanding them.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dreylad posted:

is something awful mentioned

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

boner confessor posted:

is something awful mentioned

Yeah, both as the originator of 4chan via moot and ADTRW (it's really weird to see the full name of that subforum in a real rear end book) and the stepping off point to gamergate when Quinn's disgruntled ex-boyfriend spewed some garbage.

She called Depression Quest a bad game which some people on twitter seem to think that she is a pro-gamergater anti-feminist or some poo poo. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
It really is amazing that someone who has condoned the treatment of someone who has received roughly 1 billion death threats online is having a hissy fit at being called a piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread